(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JIM FEIST
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS / PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Take OVER
Clash of first place teams here on Sunday as Phillies host the Cardinals. The Phillies have opened up a 6-game lead in the NL East over the Marlins. Philly had its long winning streak snapped on Friday, but rebounded on Saturday with a win over the Cards, 14-6. The Phillies lead the league in runs/game (5.36), home runs (132) and are sixth in team batting average (.261). The Cardinals boast the league's top power hitter in Albert Pujols, who now has 34 HR's and 90 RBI. Raul Ibanez of Philadelphia is tied for 2nd in the league with 24 HR's. Todd Wellemeyer starts for the Cards and it's been a bumpy season for the young righthander. Wellemeyer is 7-8 on the season with a 5.86 ERA and has had control problems with 48 walks and just 68 KO's. Joe Blanton starts for the Phils and while he has been much better of late, the big righty is just 6-4 on the season with a 4.24 era. Blanton has also given up the long ball, with 19 round trippers allowed this season. Should be a offensive shootout here in the city of Brotherly love with two big hitting teams and mediocre pitching.

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:19 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hentai Sports
Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels
Prediction : Los Angeles Angels
The Halo’s started the season without injured pitchers John Lackey and Ervin Santana. There was the tragic loss of rookie Nick Adenhart and the season ending injury to set-up man Scott Shields. The Angels are presently without Tori Hunter and Vlad Guerrero who are both on the DL. Juan Rivera hasn’t played for week and on and on it goes. With all that adversity the Angels are still kicking butts and taking names. They’ve won eight in a row, nine of their last ten and 12 of their past 13. In those 13 games the Angels have been without Hunter and Guerrero and have actually picked up the pace. They’ve scored 100 runs (7.7 per game) and are batting .326 as a team with double-digit hit totals in nine of those 13. The Angels have made things look easy. They’re batting .401 with runners in scoring position over the past 13 games. The Twins are reeling. After Saturday’s 11-5 loss, a game in which the Angels scored nine-runs in the fourth, Minnesota has lost five of the six games on their west coast and they’ve been outscored 39-14 during their four-game losing streak. Right now the Twins and for that matter the American League can’t slow down this Angel jugggernaut. Not that pitching has made much of a difference in this series, for either team, but Ervin Santana will go for Anaheim whil rookie Anthony Swarzak goes for the Twins. Santana, who is struggling to regain his all-star form of a year ago, is 3-5 on the year with an sky high ERA of 6.79. Swarzak comes in with a 2-3 ledger and a 4.15 ERA. The Angels have abused Twins pitching in this series. Minnesota’s starters, relievers and even closer Joe Nathan have all struggled leaving manager Ron Gardenhire scratching his head. The way the Angels are hitting right now it’s tough to imagine anyone this side of Toronto being able to shut them down. That’s why there going to get the nod (again) in the series finale.

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:20 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Sports Investing Professional
Today we're going to head to Kansas Cityand look at the Texas Rangers. Texas has been playing well as of late and the opposite can be said of K.C. Now, the value in this play is that Millwood has a 7 ERA in his last 3 but he wen't through a little lul and I feel like his form is on the up and I NEVER feel like Ponson has any form so to me this feels like a good value on the visiting Rangers.
MLB -Texas Rangers -140

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:21 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jake Timlin

Take the Rockies minus the Run Line as they bury the Giants today.

Fresh off their 8-2 win last night the Rockies continue to shine having won 33 of their last 45 games. Well thanks to their ace in Cook who is 6-0 over his last 9 starts I fully expect for Colorado to continue their winning ways today as the build continue to build on their NL Wild Card lead.

For the Giants they counter with Sadowski who is making just his fifth start in his career and doing so with an ERA of 7.45 on the road this year. Meanwhile, for the Giants as a team they are struggling having lost 7 of their last 10 games, including 4 of their last 6 games on the road

Simple, with Colorado going with their ace in Cook and doing so against a San Francisco offense that sucks right now I don’t see this game being close for long as Colorado will jump out to an early lead and never look back.

4* Colorado Rockies -1½

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons
LOS (-110) vs FLA
Floridas Chris Volstad (7-9, 4.34 ERA) goes to the mound looking to continue his strong pitching on the road, where he?s 4-3 with a 3.53 ERA. He has allowed one run in 16 innings in his last two road starts - both victories, including a 3-2 win at San Diego on Tuesday. This time, he'll face Jason Schmidt, the veteran who had been out of the majors for more than two years before Monday. Coming off shoulder surgery, Schmidt (1-0, 5.40) earned a victory in his return, allowing three runs in five innings of a 7-5 win over Cincinnati. Florida probably doesnt have fond memories of the old Schmidt, who is 8-0 in 17 appearances against the Marlins despite a 4.39 ERA. Look for the DODGERS to improve to an awesome 25-6 (+19.3 units) when the total is 9 to 9 1/2!

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andre Gomes
Sacramento Monarchs @ Washington Mystics
The Monarchs finally snapped their losing streak with a strong performance in New York last Thursday and probably this was what they really need to get back their confidence. For me it wasn't a big surprise because I was with them in that game and I said that they had a shot to win outright. So for this contest we have a pretty confident team that will face an inconsistent team like the Mystics are.
In fact I don't see any substantial differences between these two teams, anything more than one ball possession in game is good enough to make the underdog team a valuable bet especially with the Mystics coming for this game with a win. Washington beat Chicago at home 75-64 and they took advantage from the fact that Chicago was playing the second game of a back to back series and I remember that the Mystics are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games following a S.U. win which proves their inconsistency.
Sacramento has Washington's number in the past as they are 8-0 SU L8 against the Mystics and with their momentum coming up I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Washington once again. Against the Liberty forward Nicole Powell scored 32 points and last night in the All Star game she scored 21 points by shooting 8-14 from the field so the Monarchs will have the hottest player down the stretch for this game. My real line for this game is the Mystics by only 1 or 2 points and that's why I'm taking the Monarchs in here.
Single Dime Play on Sacramento Monarchs +5.5

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

Tampa Bay at TORONTO

Now on a 32-18 roll with the plays I'm giving away, including the Angels over the Twins 11-5 Saturday! For today's complimentary play, we're looking at the Tampa Bay/Toronto match up...

After Saturday's bitter loss to the Rays, where the Blue Jays held an 8-0 lead after 4 innings, only to fall 10-9 in 12 innings, I'm expecting a supreme bounce back effort here. Several strong factors to consider, but let's start with the pitching match up...

First of all, we've got two talented rookies getting the start tonight. One, Jeff Niemann, is tied for the AL rookie lead in wins (9). The other, lefty Brett Cecil hasn't allowed a single run in back-to-back starts (13 innings). However, if one stat stands out above all the rest, its this: The Jays are an outstanding 11-3 against righties at home in day games... Even against the likes of Niemann, that's a tough trend to ignore!

Second, its no secret the Rays aren't nearly as effective on the road, going 24-29 away on the season. Blue Jays meanwhile remain a tough opponent at the Rogers Centre, where they're 28-23 on the season. That includes Brett Cecil, who has been MUCH better at home, going 1-0 with a solid 3.57 ERA thus far this year!

Bottom line, the Jays are desperate for a win, and after letting yesterday's game slip away, I say they come out razor sharp in this one. Toronto's excellent record against righties at home in day games is no accident, and with Cecil pitching extremely well of late, look for the Jays to exact some revenge at home Sunday afternoon!

Take Toronto behind Cecil over Tampa Bay and Niemann in this MLB match up.

1♦ TORONTO

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

St. Louis at PHILADELPHIA

For Sunday’s free play, I’ll play the Phillies on the run line (-1½ runs) against the Cardinals).

Five days ago, I backed the Phillies and Joe Blanton against the Cubs, and Philadelphia came through with a 4-1, 13-inning victory. I said at the time and I’ll say it again: I’m not and never have been a Blanton fan. But you cannot argue with the results the chunky right-hander has put up lately. He’s 2-0 with a 0.83 ERA in his last three starts (all Phillies wins), giving up a total of two runs and 13 hits in 21 2/3 innings. He’s now got eight quality starts in his last 10 outings, giving up two earned runs or fewer in seven of those contests.

Granted, Philadelphia is just 10-8 behind Blanton for the season, but of its last nine wins with Blanton on the mound, eight have been by more than one run. That includes a 6-1 rout of the Cardinals in St. Louis on May 4. In fact, Blanton has faced the Redbirds twice since being traded to Philadelphia last summer, and in each contest, he gave up a run on four hits while pitching a total of 13 innings (1.39 ERA), with the Phillies winning both games.

Meanwhile, with Saturday’s 14-6 rout of St. Louis, the Phillies are now 3-1 against the Cards this season and 5-1 in the last six clashes dating to last year. More recently, Philadelphia is on a 16-3 tear (13-3 at home), and it has pounded out 43 runs through the first six games of its current homestand. The offense should continue to rake tonight against struggling St. Louis right-hander Todd Wellemeyer, who has given up nine runs (eight) earned over 8 1/3 innings in his last two starts. He’s got a 5.68 ERA for the season, a 6.14 ERA on the road and a 5.97 ERA in day games. On top of that, the Cardinals ares 0-3 in Wellemeyer’s three starts against Philadelphia, losing by scores of 7-4, 20-2 and 5-4 – and those were all in St. Louis!

Bottom line: I don’t know how much longer Blanton is going to continue his incredible run, but he certainly hasn’t displayed any signs lately that he’s regressing, and he’s never had any trouble with St. Louis. Besides, even if he does falter a bit today, I’m very confident that Rollins, Utley, Howard, Victorino, Werth and the rest of the Phillies’ potent offense will be able to get their licks in on Wellemeyer and pound out a comfortable victory. Lay the 1½ runs.

3♦ PHILADELPHIA -1½

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

Atlanta at MILWAUKEE

Nailed my fourth straight FREE winner Saturday as the Tigers beat the White Sox. Today I've got another comp winner for you, going with the Brewers at home against Atlanta.

These teams have split the first two games of this series with Atlanta winning Friday night but the Brewers responding with a 4-0 victory Saturday. I like the way Braden Looper is throwing the ball and I'm playing Milwaukee in today's rubber match.

Looper (9-4, 4.64 ERA) has won two of his last three starts and he's got a 4-1 mark at home. On Tuesday he blanked the Pirates on four hits over seven innings of a 2-0 Milwaukee victory. The Brewers have won five of his last six starts and when he was with the Cardinals last season he beat the Braves twice.

For Atlanta, it's Derek Lowe (9-7, 4.26) on the mound and he's been a little shaky on the road with a 5-5 mark and 4.68 ERA. Atlanta has lost three of his last four outings and in his last two trips to Milwaukee he's allowed 10 runs in 10 innings.

Milwaukee is 7-3 in Looper's last 10 starts against a team with a winning record and 4-0 when he faces teams from the N.L. East. On the other side, the Braves are just 15-31 in their last 46 as a road favorite.

I like the Brewers in this one to get to Lowe early and look for Looper to continue delivering solid outings. Play Milwaukee.

2♦ MILWAUKEE

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

Tampa Bay -115 at TORONTO

Rays rookie Jeff Niemann (9-4, 3.61 ERA) has been getting better as the season has progressed. The 6-foot-9-inch right-hander is 7-1 with a 2.65 ERA over his last 12 starts, and Tampa Bay has won 11 of those games.

He has allowed more than three earned runs just once in that stretch. In his last outing, Niemann gave up two runs and eight hits in eight innings Tuesday against the White Sox.

Niemann was sharp in his only start against Toronto this season, allowing one run and four hits in 7 1/3 innings on June 29.

The Blue Jays have a surging rookie of their own taking the mound today. Left-hander Brett Cecil (3-1, 4.67) has pitched 13 consecutive scoreless innings, including seven against the Indians on Tuesday.

Despite his recent success, Cecil has been inconsistent this year, so I’m thinking he’s due for a setback today. Plus, Tampa Bay is coming off of an amazing 10-9 come-from-behind victory in which it rallied from an 8-0 deficit after four innings before winning in 12.

With that momentum to carry them, plus Niemann on the mound, I like the Rays to complete a three-game sweep of the Blue Jays.

5♦ TAMPA BAY

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:40 am
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member

Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports
299 - 195 run 60 % 47-24 run here

SUNDAY Houston

=================================

Free Selection from Mike Wynn

Free Play: MLB Houston w/Moehler -135 Over The Mets

====================================

TRENDS SAY pick Houston Astros on ML
TRENDS SAY Ariz Diamond Backs and Yankees ML parlay

11 - 3 for Undefeated's trends investments

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Tampa Bay at TORONTO

We’re going to look at a low number with today’s American League-clash between Tampa Bay and Toronto, as I’m sure yesterday’s 19-run explosion won’t be duplicated.

The last three times the Rays have had played games into double figures, they’ve followed with games that have fallen on 5, 7 and 5. And with the Jays, they’re averaging six runs per game the last three times they’ve followed games that have fallen on double digits.

I’ve got decent hurlers going today, as Jeff Niemann and Brett Cecil have put up solid numbers for their respective clubs.

The Rays are on a 13-4 run with Niemann toeing slab this year, so confidence is there when he’s on the mound, plus, he is 3-0 in his last three starts to go along with a 1.11 ERA – all of which have stayed under. With the Jays, though they’re 1-2 in Cecil’s last three starts, he has a respectable 3.78 ERA, and two of those three outings stayed low.

The betting numbers are certainly in my favor. With Tampa Bay, the under is on winning runs of 8-2 in intra-division play, 20-7 on grass and 17-6 overall. The numbers run deeper with the Jays, as the low number is on winning streaks of 10-2-2 at home, 8-2-1 on grass and 16-6-2 overall.

And inside this series, the under has cashed in 18 of the last 25 times in Toronto and 29-12 overall.

1♦ UNDER

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Michael Cannon

Cleveland at SEATTLE

Take the Indians for the road win over the Mariners.

Cleveland will start Cliff Lee and he’s had nothing but success against the M’s in his career. The left-hander is 8-1 with a 3.42 ERA in 11 lifetime starts against the Mariners and he’s tossed complete games in his last two starts against them.

That’s an ominous sign for a Seattle team that has been outscored 19-3 in this series so far.

Seattle will most likely call up Jason Vargas from Triple-A to make today’s start and I don’t see him even coming close to matching Lee today.

Take the Indians as they grab the road win.

3♦ CLEVELAND

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Rivers

For Sunday take Albert and the Redbirds at the Bank to the Bank.

The Phillies are very possibly the best team in the National League, maybe even superior to the Dodgers, but to get a price back like this with Matt Holliday in the mix for the Cardinals makes me fine in backing the visitors here today.

Albert Pujols is insane and that was without any protection. Now I'm not saying that the former A and Rockie outfielder is a bona fide superstar as Coors Field certainly helped his career immensely but Holliday is very good and much better than anything Tony LaRussa had to protect his superstar before the trade.

Todd Wellemeyer is very average and that could signal some trouble for su but Joe Blanton is truly not much better. Neither hurler should be able to do all that much against the opposing offenses and with the way Charlie Manual's bullpen has been hurting I have no problems taking the coin here. Closer Brad Lidge is certainly not nearly the same guy as last season, Ryan Madson is not either and JC Romero along with Chad Durbin just went on the DL which certainly can't help things.

Wellemeyer against the Phillies' great offense certainly scares me but at this price and with the Phillies deficiencies I'm willing to take my chances on the Redbirds.

2♦ Cardinals

Posted : July 26, 2009 9:43 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: