0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

IndianCowboy
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Take the Under 9 between the Washington Nationals @ Houston Astros
There were 20 runs scored between these two teams in a suspended game yesterday. I can't imagine that much offense being laid out today with both of these pitchers. For starters, this is a high line for both of these teams given their offensive production this year. Washington is 20th in the league in runs and Houston is 25th. Lannan has put forth 6 straight quality starst for the Nationals and despite the fact his team has an abysmal record, he actually has a winning record as he is 6-5 with a 3.45. The young man from Sienna College looks like he is putting it together as the seasoning he has done in Washington is paying off. Not only do I expect him to pitch well today but I think overall, next year, he is going to have a breakout year similar to what Jurrjens is doing with the Braves this year. Ortiz had a horrendous start in San Fran where he gave up 8 runs in in less than 6 innings and I expect him to have a bounce-back today. He had put together 4 straight quality starts and given that he comes back home after such an outing, he should have a strong effort today. The Under is 7-0 when Lannan is a road underdog and the under is 6-1-3 when the Astros are favored of late.

Posted : July 9, 2009 11:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Spread

Washington Nationals at Houston Astros, 8:05PM ET

The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games when playing Houston
Washington is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Houston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston's last 5 games at home

Pick: Washington

Atlanta Braves at Colorado Rockies, 8:40PM ET

Atlanta is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games
Colorado is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Colorado's last 6 games when playing at home against Atlanta

Pick: Colorado

Florida Marlins at Arizona Diamondbacks, 9:40PM ET

Florida is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Arizona
Florida is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Arizona
The total has gone OVER in 16 of Arizona's last 23 games at home
Arizona is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

Pick: Florida

Posted : July 9, 2009 11:05 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GREG SHAKER
New York Yankees at Minnesota Twins
Play: Yankees
I am not even close to being a Yankee Fan but I have to give them their Due as they are playing outstanding baseball and they are winning games They have won the first two of this series and they find themselves in another good situation to win again. Yes, I do know that Aceves will be limited to just 65 pitches but is that a bad thing? Perhaps not with the way the Yankee Pen has been performing and the fact that they are very well rested with both Sabathia and Burnett going fairly deep into their contests over the last two played. Aceves has been strong this year out of the Pen and just 5 days ago threw 4 Shutout innings at the Bluejays, allowing 1 hit and fanning five Bluejay Batters. He does have very good control and the Twins Pitcher sometimes does not. That is not very good with Tim Timmons umping behind the plate. He is a hitter's friend and his K/BB ratio is not too kind. The Yankee Bats are exploding of late and they are especially tagging lefties. They have maintained a batting average of .305 on the road this year verses these Southpaws and they will be in their absolute best hitting posture because of that. The Twins will not be. They are striking righthanded pitching this year well below their season average overall and below the .250 mark over the last 10 played. New York has had the Twins number for a very long time and are 46-16 in the last 62 meetings. That does include 6-0 this year. I think they have a good chance of making it 7-0 today and with a quality betting number, I am going to bite.

Posted : July 9, 2009 11:07 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman
San Diego @ San Francisco
Play: San Diego
San Diego is 9-6 this year when the total is 7 or less. San Francisco is only 5-6 this year when the total is 7 or less. San Diego is 6-2 overall vs San Francisco this year. Josh Geer is 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA overall vs San Francisco since 1997. Geer has a 3.72 ERA his last 3 starts. I feel like this will be a very low scoring game giving us good value with the 3 to 1 underdog here tonight. We'll recommend a small play on San Diego tonight!

Posted : July 9, 2009 11:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Roz Juarbe
Marlins at D-Backs
The Marlins are in a pennant race, in second place just 2 games behind Philadelphia. The Diamondbacks are not, in a race only to stay out of last place, where they site now. Andrew Miller is beginning to home his above-average stuff for Florida, with a 4.05 ERA his last three starts. Arizona has a dismal record at home and starter Yusmeiro Petit has been one reason why, at 0-3 with an 8.46 ERA. An excellent spot for the visitors. Play the Marlins.

Posted : July 9, 2009 11:55 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: