Free Picks: Service Plays for Thursday, June 24,2010

37 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Nice win with Florida as my complimentary play on Tuesday, completing a 4-0 sweep with my 3-0 paid-play sweep highlighting the card.

To go along with the 600* winner I have for you tonight, I am playing the Twins as my freebie at Milwaukee and want you listing both Francisco Liriano and Manny Parra in this one.

Liriano is in after a great pitching matchup against Colorado's Ubaldo Jimenez. And though he struggled in the first inning of what was being billed as a pitchers' duel, he gave up three runs on four hits in that inning as well as hitting two batters and walking one.

To his credit, he did settle down after that and gave up only one more hit and two walks in the last six innings of his outing.

He's still overpowering batters, as he's recorded 93 total strikeouts in his 13 starts, while he's walked just 24 batters this season.

I'd much rather side with Liriano and that sharp, late-breaking slider he challenges batters to hit, not to mention that fading changeup he serves up so well against right-handed hitters, instead of Parra, who is 1-5 with a 3.91 ERA on the year.

Take the road team, as I have the better team and better pitcher on my side.

2* Minnesota

Posted : June 24, 2010 10:00 am
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member

Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports
469 - 342 run 58 %
Free play Thurs NY Mets -120

The above play is dedicated to Cash and Blade who run the best free sports
picks forum in this quadrant of the solar system. At your feet I cast my
Legend member crown of handicapping.

8)

P.S. I am not doing any betting now. Just like to come onto the forum from
time to time to make a post or two. Have a nice MLB season and win BIG !!!

😉

Posted : June 24, 2010 11:02 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

Los Angeles Dodgers at Los Angeles Angels
Prediction: Los Angeles Angels

The Angels and Dodgers met for a three-game series back on June 11-13. It was the final series at the end on a long 14-game road trip for the Angels and for the Dodgers, they were completing a 13-game homestand. The Angels swept the Dodgers 10-1, 4-2 and 6-5, marking the first time they had done so (at Dodger Stadium) in 14 years of IL play. The Angels have continued their mastery over the Dodgers this week in Anaheim, winning 6-3 on Tuesday and 2-1 last night. The Angels are now an impressive 17-6 since Kendry Morales broke his leg in a home plate celebration back on May 29, while the Dodgers have dropped NINE of their last 11 (SIX straight), starting with that Angels' three-game sweep in Dodger Stadium. What should change tonight? The Dodgers have scored just 15 runs (2.5 per game) while batting .164 with RISP during their six-game slide plus have lost NINE consecutive IL contests (five straight to the Angels). Meanwhile, the Angels are a major league-best 18-6 since May 29 and they sure can't let up now, as the Rangers remain 3 1/2 games up on them in the AL West, buoyed by their current 10-game winning streak. The Dodgers will activate knuckleballer Charlie Haeger off the DL to make his first start since June 7. That's not exactly good news, as he's 0-4 with an 8.53 ERA in eight appearances (five starts / team is 0-5) in 2010. Before going on the DL with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, he had recorded a 13.14 ERA in losing his last four starts! Scott Kazmir got off to a poor start for the Angels in 2010 (he's 7-5 with a 5.08 ERA in 13 starts this season / team is 7-6) but he's allowed just 18 hits and allowed only six ERs over 23 innings of his last four outings, posting a 4-0 record with a 2.35 ERA. Angels win again, tonight!

Posted : June 24, 2010 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VEGAS EXPERTS

Detroit Tigers at New York Mets

The Tigers and Mets bid adieu when the conclude their three game Interleague matchup at Citi Field when Armando Galarraga meets Hisanori Takahashi tonight. While both hurlers enter off team start wins in each of their last thee games, a closer look shows Galarraga with five walks and four strikeouts in his starts. With the Mets 11-1 in their last 12 games on this field, look for New York to continue their winning ways here tonight. We recommend a 1-unit play on the Mets.

Play on: New York Mets

Posted : June 24, 2010 11:41 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

San Francisco Giants vs. Houston Astros
Play: San Francisco Giants

5* graded play on the Giants as they take on Houston set to start at 2:05 EST. Our proprietary sports handicapping model and simulator shows a high probability that the Giants will win this game easily. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 36-8 for an incredible 82% winners spanning the past 5 seasons. Play against all dogs with a money line of +100 to +150 with an on base percentage of .310 or worse over their last 20 games and with a cold starting pitcher sporting an ERA >= 6.50 over his last 10 starts. SF is also a strong 30-13 (+17.8 Units) against the money line after batting .225 or worse over a 5 game span over the last 2 seasons. Houston has had a tough season already and have brought up several minor league players in order to start building for the future. They are also just 8-21 (-11.3 Units) against the money line as an underdog of +100 to +150 this season. Giants skipper Bochy is adept at minimizing sustained losig streaks. Note that he is 65-35 (+33.4 Units) against the money line revenging a loss vs opponent as a road favorite. Take the Giants.

Posted : June 24, 2010 11:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sac Lawson

CWS (-107) vs ATL

I made a vow to myself to take a hard look at Gavin Floyd for every single start he makes in the month of June.... The guy has not disappointed, that's for sure. And it just so happens, that his team has been red hot in the month of june as well. Basically, we're getting one of the hottest pitchers in the AL, and the hottest team in the AL at an even price against a guy in Lowe who has had his fair share of struggles this year, especially on the road.

Derek Lowe is just 3-3 with an ERA of 6.00 this year on the road, and he's giving up a batting average around 0.300. Definitely not much to be proud of. On top of that, the only time he faced the Sox over the last three seasons was a start where he went 7 innings, but gave up 5 earned runs. Put that with the fact that he's facing this lineup that is on a straight vertical rise right now, and I'm not sure his chances are so great.

On the other side, Gavin Floyd is one of the best June pitchers I've seen over the last three seasons. The guy has a June ERA in the low 2's, and for whatever reason this is just when he hits his stride. On top of that.... Gavin Floyd.. Coming into this season was 15-4 in day games..... 15-4!!!! I love Floyd today, with his ownage of day outings, and his ownage of the month of June. And I love the fact that his team is red hot and rollin. I'm taking this short number without blinking an eye.

MIL / MIN Over 8.5

It's apparent to me after watching the last two games between these teams that these Milwaukee bats are finally waking up a little bit. It's also apparent to me that the oddsmakers wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota won this game outright today. After all, they did move this line about 30 cents to the Brewers over night. That right there tells me that Gallardo is not going to pitch well, then again, I had that feeling anyways....

Gallardo has faced the Twins once already this year and was mediocre. Gave up four runs, but there is no denying the lefties on that lineup give him fits. He's a guy that is definitely more efficient against righties, and the Twins, as we know, are mostly left handed power bats. The fact that the Twins have just seen two lefties in the first couple games of the series leads me to believe that they're salivating over the opportunity to see a righty, regardless of how good he is.

On the other side.. Blackburn has a road ERA of 9.09, and allows an opponents batting average of 0.407. Unbelievable.. And I actually won't even say anything else...

On top of that.. Axford and Loe have been used two straight days by the Brewers.. Those are by far the most effective bullpen pitchers on that Brewers roster, so the fact that both of them are not available, is another great sign for the Twins.

Let's ride the left-handed Twins vs. the dismal road starter (blackburn). And count on plenty of runs being scored here...

Posted : June 24, 2010 11:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WUNDERDOG

Chicago Cubs at Seattle
Pick: UNDER 6.5

The Seattle Mariners are getting superb pitching, and their opponents are going back to the dugout shaking their heads. The Mariners' staff has allowed a total of 3 runs over the last six games - an amazing accomplishment. They will have their ace Felix Hernandez on the mound this afternoon. Hernandez has allowed just 4 runs in his last three home starts while pitching to an ERA of 1.50, so he is more than capable of keeping the Cubs in check. I'm playing this one UNDER.

Posted : June 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: