1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MLB Picks & Predictions for Monday, April 4, 2011
By Anthony Rome

Bet Mariners vs. Rangers Odds

(The Spread) – For today’s MLB pick, we focus on a matchup between two teams coming off opening-season series wins last weekend.

View Current MLB Betting Odds

Oddsmakers from online sports book SBGGLOBAL.com have made the Texas Rangers –155 money line favorites over the Seattle Mariners on Monday night. Opening pitch is set for 8:05PM ET.

The Mariners took two of three from the A’s last weekend, averaging four runs a game and allowing just 3.67 runs against. They are coming off a 7-1 loss on Sunday but Ichiro Suzuki is off to another great start, batting 4.17 with three steals and two runs scored. Youngster Justin Smoak has also started off the season with a stellar .538 on-base percentage.

Arguably no team was more impressive than the Rangers over the weekend, as they swept the Red Sox in rather convincing fashion. They’re batting .33 and slugging .775 after going deep on Boston pitching 11 times in three games. Ian Kinsler and Nelson Cruz become the first pair of teammates to belt home runs in the team’s first three games.

MLB Free Pick: Chances are I won’t be going to the well too many times with Seattle (I also picked the M’s to beat the A’s last Friday), but when I see value I’m going to note it. Starter Erik Berdard posted a 3.15 ERA this spring and is a candidate to revive his career this year. The M’s offense will struggle as the season wears on, but Ichiro is hot and Smoak is playing with confidence. On the other side, Texas starter Derek Holland spent most of last season with rotator cuff inflammation and there’s going to be a natural letdown for the Rangers after sweeping the Red Sox over the weekend. I doubt they’ll few the Mariners in the same light and considering Seattle is +146 on the money line, I think the M’s represent value tonight.

MONDAY MLB FREE PICK: SEATTLE MARINERS +146

Bet Mariners vs. Rangers Odds

Posted : April 4, 2011 3:14 pm
Share: