Topic starter

Mikey Sports

NBA INDIANA PACERS ‑2.5

Posted : April 8, 2018 12:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

ERIC SCHROEDER

Just as the Cincinnati Reds have found their offense, I'm actually banking on their starter, Tyler Mahle, to make the difference in the series-finale against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Mahle toes the slab after tossing six impressive scoreless innings for a 1-0 win over the Chicago Cubs on Monday. And if you watched this game, you saw that not only did the young right-hander have great command of his four-seam fastball, he was able to get hitters to expand their strike zone by chasing his slider and changeup.

It was the type of start that provides confidence in the opening month, and will have him challenging the Pirates hitters anywhere in the lineup, regardless of the pitch count.

Meanwhile, Pirates starter Jameson Taillon is in with a career 1-2 mark and 5.30 ERA in seven career starts against the Reds, who pounded out 11 hits Saturday in a 7-4 win over the Bucs.

Look for Cincy's offense to keep it rolling and Mahle to dominate.

1* REDS (Mahle over Taillon)

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JACK BRAYMAN

The Philadelphia Phillies moved a half-game ahead of these Miami Marlins with Friday night's 5-0 win, then pushed it another game with yesterday's 20-1 blowout. That's a 25-1 edge in the first two games.

This weekend opens the Phillies' home portion of the schedule, and the momentum will carry over to today's matinee, when I suspect we're going to see another big win.

Though pitchers are automatically listed when making Run Line wagers, I am insisting you DO NOT worry about who the scheduled starters are. In the event of a scratch, you MUST re-wager the game with the new pitcher(s) who are scheduled. This play will stand no matter who pitches for either team.

The Phillies claimed their first series win of 2018 with yesterday's victory against the Marlins, who have shown no signs of life in the first two games.

Miami's pitching staff has been in the middle of the pack with its ERA, after the first week and a half. But the bullpen is being overworked. Marlins relievers have appeared in the most innings thus far, firing 45.2 frames - 1 more than the Angels (44.2). Miami's relievers have given up 43 basehits, most in the league, and 26 runs, also most in the bigs.

Once the Phillies bats come to life, Miami's bullpen is going to tank once again.

Lay the Run Line.

3* PHILLIES RUN LINE

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CHRIS JORDAN

My free play is on the Toronto Blue Jays over the Texas Rangers, and I want you listing Jaime Garcia over Cole Hamels.

Let's start Garcia, as he rolls into Arlington after recording 16 of his 18 outs on the ground in his season-debut. Last year, Garcia ranked eighth in the Majors among qualified pitchers with a ground-ball rate of 55.6 percent, and with his confidence rate high, the Rangers will struggle to get the ball out of the infield today.

On the other hand, Hamels is lookingg for his first career win versus the Blue Jays. The veteran left-hander is 0-2 with a 6.97 ERA in four career regular-season starts against them - all while with the Philadelphia Phillies.

But his last three starts against them were in the postseason while pitching for Texas, and he is 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA. That won't bode well against a Blue Jays team that ranks second in the league with 33 extra basehits after the first couple of weeks.

Take the Jays as my free winner.

3* BLUE JAYS (Garcia over Hamels)

Posted : April 8, 2018 12:03 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JIMMY BOYD
MLB | Apr 08, 2018
A's vs. Angels
Free pick on Oakland +1.5

I'm recommending a play on the A's using the +1.5 run line in Sunday's series finale against the Angles. Oakland evened up the series with a 7-3 win on Saturday and are simply not getting enough respect here due to all the hype right now with Ohtani.

On top of that, Ohtani's first start came in Oakland against these A's, which LA won 7-4. It was a strong start for Ohtani, but I think he's likely to have success the first time he faces a team. Oakland will have a much better idea of what to expect when at the plate and I think we could see Ohtani get roughed up here.

Note that the Angels have had trouble maintaining success over recent seasons. They are 0-6 against the money line in home games when they come in having won 6 or more of their last 8 games and have lost these contests by an average of 3.6 runs/game. Take Oakland +1.5!

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JACK JONES
NBA | Apr 08, 2018
Mavs vs. 76ers
Jack’s Free Pick Sunday: Dallas Mavericks +13

The Philadelphia 76ers are in a massive letdown spot tonight. They are coming off a 132-130 home win over Lebron James and Cleveland that essentially earned them the No. 3 seed in the East.

The 76ers are also overvalued right now due to winning 13 straight games. They should not be 13-point home favorites over the Dallas Mavericks, who continue to play for pride this season.

The Mavericks have gone 13 consecutive games to close out the season without losing once by more than 11 points. They have a bunch of young talent that wants to make an impression, especially in their final game against a playoff team here today.

The Mavericks are 20-8 ATS in their last 28 games following an ATS loss. The 76ers are 0-4 ATS in their last four games after scoring more than 125 points in their previous game. Bet the Mavericks Sunday.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

ALEX SMART
MLB | Apr 08, 2018
Rays vs. Red Sox
Rays+1½ +100

Rays RH Andrew Kittredge (0-2, 3.18 ERA) vs. Red Sox LH Eduardo Rodriguez (2017: 6-7, 4.19)

Rodriguez the BoSox starter is 0-2 with a 6.57 ERA lifetime in five starts against the Rays, allowing 33 hits, including four homers, in 24 2/3 innings of sub par work, and is fade material here in this spot on the value based RL. He is not 100% healthy and did not appear in any spring training games this season. Rodriguez owns a 6-7 record along with a 4.19 ERA in 66 career games (65 starts). I know the Rays have looked like crap early on this season, but desperation will now play a role in a motivated effort.

Rays are 5-0 in their last 5 games after losing the first 2 games of a series.Red Sox are 1-6 in Rodriguezs last 7 starts vs. American League East.

Play on TB on the RL +1.5

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

DAVE PRICE

Dave’s Sunday Free Play:

1* on Philadelphia Phillies -1.5 (+120)

The Key: The Philadelphia Phillies just won 20-1 over the Miami Marlins yesterday. Look for their bats to stay hot Sunday against the Marlins and for them to cover the Run Line at a generous plus price here. Jake Arrieta loves facing the Phillies as he is 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA and 0.77 WHIP in 4 lifetime starts against them. Trevor Richards is just getting his first taste of big league experience this season for the Marlins. It didn’t go well in his first start as he allowed 5 earned runs and 9 base runners in 4 1/3 innings for a 10.39 ERA and 2.079 WHIP. Take Philadelphia on the Run Line.

Posted : April 8, 2018 12:04 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

KENNY WALKER
MLB | Apr 08, 2018
Cubs vs. Brewers
Free Pick on Brewers

Posted : April 8, 2018 12:04 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

SCOTT RICKENBACH
NBA | Apr 08, 2018
Jazz vs. Lakers
Lakers+7½

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach NBA Game #512 Sunday Free Pick Los Angeles Lakers (+) vs Utah Jazz @ 6:05 ET - Line opened up at a 5 and has been driven up to a 7.5 so you know where I am at on this one. I am grabbing the home dog value with a Lakers team that does not want the Jazz clinching a playoff spot on their home floor. Keep in mind, LA lost by only 7 points at Utah earlier this week. Now, in Los Angeles, they're getting 7.5 points and feel people are way too excited about a Jazz team that was on a 2-7 ATS run before their big win over a Clippers team that was a mess late this season. As for the Lakers, they were 14-4 SU in their 18 games at home prior to getting embarrassed at home by the Timberwolves Friday. Those 4 losses all game by 5 points or less. In other words, given this line and hosting the Jazz, the Lakers would have gone 18-0 ATS! Now I know they have some injury issues but they've been dealing with those already for a bit and the fact is they will bring their "A game" today in thi

Posted : April 8, 2018 12:05 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRANDON LEE
MLB | Apr 08, 2018
Mets vs. Nationals
10* FREE MLB PICK (UNDER 8)

I'll take my chances here with the UNDER when the Nationals host the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball. New York will send out Matt Harvey, who is coming off an encouraging first start of the season. Harvey allowed just 1 hit and walked only 1 in 5 shutout innings against the Phillies. Washington will counter with Tanner Roark, who only gave up 1 run on 4 hits in 7 innings at Atlanta in his first start of 2018. Not only do we have two starters coming off strong starts, but conditions here heavily favor a low-scoring game, as the wind will be blowing in from left at close to 15 mph and the temp will be in the mid to low 40's. Give me the UNDER 8!

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

JOHN MARTIN
NBA | Apr 08, 2018
Jazz vs. Lakers
1 Unit FREE PLAY on Utah Jazz -5.5

The Utah Jazz are trying to lock up the 4th seed in the Western Conference to get home-court advantage in the first round. The Jazz have a 0.5-game lead on the Pelicans for that spot heading into this game with the Lakers. The Jazz have won four straight coming in all by 7 points or more with two of those wins against playoff teams. The Lakers clearly aren’t too concerned with winning games right now as they are just 3-9 in their last 12 games overall with their three wins coming against the Grizzlies, Mavericks and Spurs. The Jazz are 6-0 in their last six meetings with the Lakers with five of those six wins coming by 6 points or more. Give me the Jazz.

Page 4 / 4
Share: