(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Apr 05 '18, 4:10 PM in 4h
MLB | Tigers vs White Sox
Play on: Tigers +122 at pinnacle

10* FREE MLB PICK (Tigers +122)

I'll take my chances here with the Tigers as a road dog here against the White Sox. Chicago cashed in big for those who backed them on Wednesday, as they won as a +190 dog at Toronto. I think it has them getting a little too much respect here. This is still one of the worst teams in the league and I simply don't see an edge on the mound here like this line would suggest. The White Sox will send out veteran James Shields, who got the win in his first start at KC. Shields was far from dominant, giving up 4 runs in 6 innings. The most concerning thing for me is that he didn't strike out a single batter out of the 18 he retired. Detroit counters with veteran Jordan Zimmermann. He got the loss in his first start, giving up 4 runs in 6 innings, but unlike Shields, he was generating more swings and misses, striking out 8 of the 18 he retired. I think he gives Detroit an excellent chance to win this game. Give me the Tigers +122!

Posted : April 5, 2018 11:42 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jesse Schule
Apr 05 '18, 10:05 PM in 10h
NHL | Coyotes vs Canucks
Play on: Canucks +107 at 5Dimes
Coyotes vs Canucks Free Pick April 5, 2018

The Vancouver Canucks come into their final home game of the season with a 5-1-1 record over their last seven games. They are still just one point ahead of the last place Arizona Coyotes in the Western Conference standings, and both these teams are going golfing next week. While there isn't much left to motivate the visiting team tonight, this game is a special one for the Canucks, their fans and the legacy of their franchise. It will the last chance to see Daniel and Henrik Sedin play at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. It will be a sellout crowd, and ticket prices rival that of a playoff game. The Sedins haven't always been fan favorites, as they were known as "the sisters" early on in their career. They took much of the blame after Vancouver lost to the Boston Bruins on home ice in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Henrik won a scoring title and MVP that season (2010), and Daniel followed up with a scoring title the following season (2011). The Coyotes will have a tough time matching the intensity of the home team here in Vancouver tonight, and really there isn't any reason for them to even bother.

Take VAN.

GL,

Jesse Schule

Posted : April 5, 2018 11:43 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Lundin
Apr 05 '18, 7:05 PM in 7h
NHL | Penguins vs Blue Jackets
Play on: Blue Jackets -117 at pinnacle

#NHL FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

There will be plenty at stake when the Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Columbus Blue Jackets Thursday night, with the Metropolitan Division rivals tied for second place in the standings.

The Blue Jackets are 26-12-1 at home this season and they've won 13 of their last 15 overall. The Penguins are just 16-20-4 on the road and 1-4 in their last five road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.

The home team is 10-2 in the last 12 meetings, and I think this looks like a very good price on the home side.

Free pick on Columbus Blue Jackets.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dennis Macklin
Apr 05 '18, 3:40 PM in 4h
MLB | COL vs SDG
Play on: OVER 7½ -111

DMack's Free Play for Thursday, April 4, 2018 is on the Rockies/Padres Over the Total

This high/low seems to be somewhat of a puzzle based on the current form of both teams early on and based on the each starting pitcher's first start. Tyler Anderson has had some success in limited starts against the Padres the last couple of years but basically three batting practice against Arizona allowing seven runs on seven hits (with 4 BB) while getting just 7 outs. Joey Lucchesi couldn't get to the fifth inning in his first start vs. Milwaukee and didn't miss too many bats in the 8-6 loss. The both teams have played six games and both teams are 4-2 to the over. We'll back the over in this Getaway Day matchup

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

Let's head to the hardwood for tonight's NBA freebie, as I like the Cleveland Cavaliers minus the points against the Washington Wizards.

Aside from Tyronn Lue coaching his first game since March 17, let's take a moment to appreciate the fact the Cavaliers went 8-1 during his absence. So he's returning at the right time, with Cleveland riding a four-game win streak overall, and seven-game win streak at the Q.

And with wins becoming crucial for the Cavs, I expect one of their best games during this current run tonight.

Cleveland is currently tied for third place with the Philadelphia 76ers in the Eastern Conference, both eight games back of Toronto. Philly, which is riding a 12-game win streak, hosts Cleveland on Friday.

The Wizards, meanwhile, have lost six of eight and are sitting in seventh place in the East, just behind Miami and tied with Milwaukee.

I'll play the Cavaliers here, as they will come in focused for a must-need win.

3* CAVALIERS

Posted : April 5, 2018 11:44 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brad Wilton

Thursday comp play is on the Over in the Minnesota-Denver hoops contest.

The Timberwolves are a non-distinct 3-3 over/under their last 6 games played, but overall, the over run for Minnesota is 9-4 their last 13 games played.

The Nuggets sport a 3-1 Over mark their last 4 games, and the Over is 6-3-1 overall in Denver's last 10 games contested.

These teams tangled twice in December, and both of those showdowns managed to land Over the total.

Throw in Denver's 5-0 Over mark on Thursday's of late, and their 8-0 Over mark when facing teams with a losing road mark for the season, and you can see why I suspect this big Western Conference showdown will indeed make its way over the total.

2* MINNESOTA-DENVER OVER

Posted : April 5, 2018 11:45 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: