Roz's Wednesday April 4, 2018, Free Pick

4/04 04:35 PM NBA (507) MIAMI HEAT VS (508) ATLANTA HAWKS

Take : Heat

Posted : April 4, 2018 10:40 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

My free play matches the same team I nailed yesterday as my 1000♦ Winner, as I like the Houston Astros to keep rolling over the Baltimore Orioles.

The defending World Series champion Houston Astros are riding a four-game win streak, and will make it three straight over the struggling Baltimore Orioles, who have now lost four in a row.

MAKE NOTE: All Run Line/Total plays automatically list pitchers with the starters who are scheduled to go at the time of the wager. But with this game I am not concerned with who goes for either team tonight and want you playing this game on the Run Line regardless. That being said, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to be sure you have action even if one of the pitchers scheduled to start is scratched, by re-wagering the game if that takes place.

Alright, so with these Astros, they appear to be ready for a breakout month to start the season. They're hitting .288 after their first six games - third-best in the bigs - and lead the league with 27 extra basehits.

Houston has rapped 17 doubles, 2 triples and 8 home runs, and it ranks third in the league with a slugging percentage of .508. Three of those home runs came last night, including a seventh-inning grand slam.

The Astros, they're good.

On the other hand, we have a Baltimore team that ranks second-to-last with a paltry .176 batting average and has scored a league second-worst 12 runs. The only team worse is San Francisco, which has scored 6 runs.

But here's the coupling problem for the Orioles, who have a 6.00 ERA - up from 4.86 last night. That won't help them against Houston's power-packed lineup. And the Astros, they have a team ERA of 2.72, fourth-best in baseball.

There are simply too many positive factors that reveal another blowout by Houston in this series.

Play the champs on the Run Line.

5* ASTROS RUN LINE

Posted : April 4, 2018 10:40 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Wednesday comp play is for Felix Hernandez and Johnny Cueto to hook up in a late afternoon pitcher's duel at AT&T Park, as the Mariners and Giants hold Under the posted total.

The M's have played their last 3 on the season Over the total, including yesterday's opener in San Francisco, but it looks like Johnny Cueto has returned to form, as his season debut saw him retire the first 18 batters he faced as his team wound up with a 1-0 win in Los Angeles against the Dodgers last week.

King Felix will oppose, and he too was sharp in his debut, allowing 2 hits while fanning 5 in his 5-plus innings of work against the Indians. Hernandez has dominated interleague action, going 23-9 with a 2.92 ERA in his 42 career interleague starts. Included is a 3-0 mark against the Giants with a 1.86 ERA in his 4 starts against San Fran.

The Giants have only scored a total of 6 runs in their 5 games played this spring, so look for the pitchers to dominate.

Under in the M's-Giants game.

4* SEATTLE-SAN FRANCISCO UNDER

Posted : April 4, 2018 10:41 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free pick is on the Anaheim Ducks over the Minnesota Wild.

Minnesota is in. Anaheim is trying to get in.

The motivation is too great to ignore tonight, as the Ducks are in must-win mode. And since the Wild punched their playoff ticket on Monday, I don't know how much motivation they're going to have. In fact, something tells me they'll be flat after a perceived celebration.

The Ducks have built some momentum after scoring a pair of consecutive overtime wins to move into the top wild-card spot. They sit two points ahead of Colorado with a game in hand, but also trail Los Angeles by one point for third place in the Pacific Division.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Wild sit some key personnel on a maintenance day, as they've lost stalwart defenseman Ryan Suter, who suffered a fractured fibula Saturday versus Dallas. Minnesota was already without defenseman Jared Spurgeon, who is also injured. And, defenseman Gustav Olofsson is on the day-to-day list.

Coach Bruce Boudreau isn't about to let his team get any more banged up, especially against a team that plays heavy and can get physical.

Take the Ducks on the Puck Line.

4* DUCKS PUCK LINE

Posted : April 4, 2018 10:41 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Apr 04 '18, 3:40 PM in 4h
MLB | LAD vs ARI
Play on: UNDER 8½ -107

Free Pick on Dodgers/Diamondbacks UNDER

I'm recommending a play on the UNDER in Wednesday's MLB action that has the Dodgers visiting the Diamondbacks. These two teams combined for 15 runs and 33 hits in the series opener on Monday, but both offenses cooled in Game 2, which saw just 7 runs and 12 hits. I think we are in line for another low-scoring battle here between these two NL West rivals and we are getting a great number here to back the UNDER.

Los Angeles will send out Alex Wood, who picked up right where he left off from last year's breakout campaign. Wood tossed 8 scoreless innings against the Giants in his first start, allowing just 1 hit and didn't walk a single batter. Arizona will send out Pat Corbin, who also pitched very well in his first start, holding a potent Rockies offense to just 2 runs with 8 strikeouts in 5 2/3 innings.

UNDER is 25-9 in Wood's last 34 starts against a team with a winning record and 11-2 in the Dodgers last 13 road games against NL teams that are averaging 5 or more runs/game. Take the UNDER!

Posted : April 4, 2018 11:35 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Teddy Davis
Apr 04 '18, 10:10 PM in 10h
MLB | Rockies vs Padres
Play on: Rockies -120 at MyBookie

I backed the Padres last night in a winner, but will be looking to fade here now. I think Gray and the Rockies will bounce back after the Padres got their first win. Gray is 4-2 life time with a 2.40 ERA against San Diego. I'm also going to give him a pass in the first outing going against the D Backs who always hit the ball well at home. This is a step down and the price is right.

Posted : April 4, 2018 11:36 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mark Wilson
Apr 04 '18, 10:05 PM in 10h
MLB | TEX vs OAK
Play on: OVER 8½ +100

Free Play on Rangers vs A's over 8½ +100

Posted : April 4, 2018 11:36 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Matt Josephs
Apr 04 '18, 2:10 PM in 2h
MLB | BAL vs HOU
Play on: UNDER 8½ -110

Dallas Keuchel looks for his first win of the season as the Astros host the Orioles. The southpaw is 3-2 with a 2.93 ERA and a WHIP of 1.050 in six career starts against Baltimore with five of those going under the total. He beat them at home last May holding them to one run and four hits in six innings. The Orioles have gone under in four of their five contests this season as the offense has been underwhelming. Dylan Bundy threw seven shutout innings against the Twins in his first start. He had seven strikeouts and one walk over that span. Houston's offense has been fantastic and it's hard for me to expect them to be limited by Bundy, but let's say he goes seven and we get the good Baltimore bullpen, then I think this is a lower scoring game.

Posted : April 4, 2018 11:37 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ricky Tran
Apr 04 '18, 1:10 PM in 1h
MLB | Phillies vs Mets
Play on: Phillies +1½ -175 at 5Dimes

Ricky's Free play on Philadelphia +1.5:

Key Angle: It's important to remember that Ricky never makes a bet on any game based on just one angle. In order to make the grade, all his premium picks must meet several important criteria. He doesn't share all his secrets within his analysis, instead he chooses to reveal only the angle that he feels is the most significant. In today's game there is no doubt that Aaron Nola's record against the Mets is particularly significant. He was 2-0 with a 3.75 ERA in two starts versus New York last year.

Key Trends:

- The Mets are 1-5 in Syndergaards last 6 starts.

- The Phillies are 9-3 in Nolas last 12 starts with 5 days of rest.

- The Mets are 0-4 in Syndergaards last 4 starts versus teams with a losing record.

Verdict: Take Phillies +1.5

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
Apr 04 '18, 10:10 PM in 10h
MLB | Rockies vs Padres
Play on: Rockies -115 at pinnacle

Play - Colorado Rockies w/Gray (Game 909).

Edges - Rockies: Jon Gray 4-1 career team starts during April, including 3-0 the last three… Padres: Richard: 4-8 L12 team starts in this series; and 4-8 L12 team starts during April… With Gray off a solid spring camp in which he has 22 strikeouts and only 5 walks, we recommend a 1* play on Colorado. Thank you and good luck as always.

(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Rocky Atkinson
Apr 04 '18, 12:10 PM in 35m
MLB | Nationals vs Braves
Play on: Nationals -1½ -120 at GTBets

Rocketman Sports FREE MLB play Wednesday 4-4-18 Washington @ Atlanta 12:10 PM EST
Play On: Washington -1 1/2 -120 (Scherzer/Foltynewicz) Listed
The Washington Nationals travel to Atlanta to take on the Braves on Wednesday afternoon. Washington is 4-1 SU overall this year while Atlanta comes in with a 3-2 SU overall record on the season. Max Scherzer is 1-0 with a 0.00 ERA in his only start this season. He struck out 10 and walked only 1 in that outing. Mike Foltynewicz is 2-2 with a 5.63 ERA in his 6 career starts vs Washington. Washington is averaging 7 runs per game overall this year. Washington is 3-0 in day games this season beating opponents by an average of 3 runs per game. Washington is 13-7 last 20 meetings when playing at Atlanta. Washington is 36-8 last 44 games as a road favorite of -175 or more. Atlanta is 5-26 last 31 games as a home underdog of +175 or more. We'll recommend a small play on Washington on the Runline on Wednesday afternoon! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Posted : April 4, 2018 11:38 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: