2007 WNBA Predictions

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2007 WNBA Predictions

I can't believe that this is the 11th season of the WNBA. And yes, this is my 11th season WNBA betting and handicapping. This new season should be a very good and competive one, there are about four or five teams that can compete for the WNBA title.

The Eastern Conference is the better conference this year in the WNBA. This is unlike the NBA where the last couple of years the Western Conference was the conference to beat. This weekend the women take the floor, and before you start handicapping or making fun of this league you need to take a step back and ask yourself why does a man bet on women's basketball? I will give two reasons why WNBA betting can be fun and profitable:

1. You can get great value for WNBA betting.
Oddsmakers tend to pay more attention to the major sports, like the NFL, college football, MLB and NBA. When smaller sports like Arena League Football start, the oddsmakers usually put out bad numbers - especially in the first several weeks -- and you can take advantage of those mistakes. Same rule applies for the WNBA.

2. For some odd reason my WNBA trends work so much better than the NBA.
The second season in the WNBA is when I started tracking most of my trends and ever since then I really started cashing in. And another thing, the WNBA plays in the summer, and what else is there to do in 100-degree weather everyday in Vegas?

The WNBA season is here and before you double mortgage your house, here is a quick five frequently asked questions you need to know about the 11th season in the WNBA. The answers will be my 2007 WNBA predictions.

1. Who are the preseason favorites?
Of course, the defending champs, the Detroit Shock are one of the favorites, but this year the East is very strong. The Indiana Fever could be considered the best team in the league as they added a lot in the offseason from free agent signings and the draft. The West will have at least two teams competing for the top seed in the playoffs. The LA Sparks and the Sacramento Monarchs will probably be the top teams in the West.

2. Can the Detroit Shock repeat?
OK, so the Detroit Shock last year wasn't the best team in the league but they still managed to win it all. The Shock need to play with the same effort and inspired basketball they did in the last two games of the WNBA Finals. The Shock could repeat if they play their kind of basketball, play good defense and play good team ball.

3. What teams are on the rise?
The team that is usually in the bottom of the standings could be one of the top teams in the league this season. The San Antonio Silver Stars will be heading into new heights. The Stars added huge names to their roster this offseason, including Becky Hammon and post player Ruth Riley. Sophia Young also returns after a stellar rookie season.

4. How will the League and the LA Sparks do without Lisa Leslie?
Lisa Leslie is out for the 2007 season due to her pregnancy. This will be hard for me because I'm so used to seeing Lisa Leslie play on Fox Sports West since the Sparks usually play on TV. For the league, there's no replacing Lisa Leslie, a three-time regular-season MVP that has scored more points than anyone in the league. Since the Sparks will be without the service of Leslie all season LA made one of the most shocking offseason moves as they traded for Taj McWillaims-Franklin, a five-time All-Star in Connecticut. There's no doubt Los Angeles will be good, but the Sparks will be on the bubble in terms of competing to be one of the top teams in the West.

5. Who is my pick to win it all?
My pick to win it all this year will be from the Eastern Conference. This team has won 21 games in each of the past two seasons and this team only got better this summer. The Indiana Fever are my pick to win the 2007 WNBA title. The Fever filled every need this summer and their returning players are coming back healthier. And don't forget the Fever probably have the best player in the league, Tamika Catchings.

www.docsports.com

Posted : May 19, 2007 9:57 am
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I can't wait for beaver ball to start up. ;D

Posted : May 19, 2007 9:57 am
Share: