Clear all

Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Saturday, March 4th, 2017

47 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Free Picks for Saturday, March 4th, 2017 from some of the nations best and worst handicappers

Posted : March 3, 2017 3:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LV Traders

Southampton vs Watford
Pick: Over

Southampton put up a battle in the EFL Cup final against Man U. They have 9 goals in their last 5 matches, and 6 goals in last 2. They will be looking to come in at Watford aggressive and fast. They are a little stymie from EFL Cup and will take it out on the Hornets. Watford has allowed a goal in 10 of 12, and are still upset from last weekends draw, Issac Success tripped on his shoelaces that surely would have been the game winner. They won't be sitting back in front of the home team this weekend. We should see plenty of counter attack opportunity's leading to more chances, and goals. Each team looking for 3 pts to crack the Top 10 of table.

Posted : March 3, 2017 3:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MMA Odds Breaker

Lando Vannata v David Teymur
Pick: David Teymur

Vannata has a lot of hype behind him coming off his 'Knockout of the Year' win over John Makdessi back in December, and I think he is being over-valued in this spot. I think this lightweight contest is much closer than the betting lines indicate, and I believe Teymur stands a good chance of outstriking Vannata to pick up a victory on the judges' scorecards, potentially securing a T/KO finish of his own along the way. At +325, I believe the betting value here is with the Swede.

Posted : March 3, 2017 6:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Raphael Esparza

Alcantara / Sanders Over 2.5 Rounds

Neither of these UFC fighters have the KO power, so if this fight ends early it will be by submission but I don't see that happening. In Alcantara's last 5 UFC fights, 4 of them have gone the distance (3-Rounds) and I know Sanders has put away his opponents early but he hasn't faced off a tough opponent like Luri Alcantara. I see Alcantara controlling the tempo of the fight and I see this fight seeing the 3rd round and this fight will go to the judges.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

Tampa Bay / Buffalo Over 5.5

Earlier in the season the Buffalo Sabres played a slowed-down style that tried to limit the amount of overall chances in a game. They were really banged up and were missing a couple of key playmakers, so it was the only way they could try and get W's. But since they've been healthy, Buffalo has really opened things up and prefers to play aggressive and get a high volume of shots. The Tampa Bay Lightning definitely doesn't mind playing that way and we should see a heavy dose of shots on goal in this matchup. Tampa has been clicking offensively of late and they also just traded away their top goaltender. That leaves them exposed on the back end, as Andrei Vasilevskiy isn't as consistent as Ben Bishop was.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jason Sharpe

Oklahoma State (-1) over Kansas

Oklahoma State is playing some excellent basketball of late as they head into this week with 10 wins in their last 11 games overall. They went toe to toe with this Kansas squad earlier this year before the Jayhawks pulled away late in that one. The Cowboys won't be intimidated either as they've beaten Kansas at home each of the last three years. The Jayhawks are sitting pretty coming into this game also as they have the Big 12 regular season conference title already clinched. It will be 'Senior Day' in this game for OSU so I'm expecting a very intense, highly-focused Cowboys team in this one. Take Oklahoma State here.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Strike Point Sports

Villanova (-7.5) over Georgetown

This big rivalry game is always important for both these programs, but the Hoyas don't have the horses to keep up with 'Nova this year. Jay Wright's team won the first meeting by double digits, and I don't think a switch of home courts is enough to give G-Town hope here. Villanova is surely a No. 1 seed for the NCAA Tournament, but they won't want to risk it with a bad loss to a sub-.500 Georgetown team. This one is lining up for another comfortable victory for the Wildcats. Their 28th win of the year is here against G-Town.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Doc's Sports

Marquette (-4.5) over Creighton

The Golden Eagles now have a path to the NCAA Tournament with a strong showing to close out the regular season and also perform well in the Big East Conference Tournament. Creighton is just not the same team without Maurice Watson and after a hot start this team has struggled down the stretch. Marquette already beat Creighton in Omaha this season and they will complete the quinella on Saturday.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steve Janus

Pittsburgh vs. Virginia
Play: Virginia -11½

Play Against - Road underdogs of 10 to 19.5 points (PITTSBURGH) - after going under the total by more than 18 points in their previous game, with a winning percentage of between 45-55% on the season. This system is 39-12 (77%) against the spread over the last 5 seasons.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lee

Missouri vs. Auburn
Play: Auburn -9

This might seem like a big number to lay on a team that enters this contest having gone just 1-5 in their last 6 games, but that's just how bad Missouri is. The Tigers have lost 5 straight and are a miserable 1-11 on the road this season. Last time out Missouri lost 43-60 at home to Texas A&M in their home finale. If they aren't going to get up for their home finale, I see no way they show up here for a meaningless road game against a bad team like Auburn. As for the Tigers, I think this is a game they will be motivated to win, as they have continued to play hard down the stretch. Auburn is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 as a home favorite and 4-1 ATS in their last 5 against a team that's won fewer than 40% of their games.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports

Crystal Palace vs. West Bromwich
Play: West Bromich +115

The home team is #8 of the 20 teams at 11-8-7 (+4) but play well at home as they are 6-2 in their last 8, outscoring opponents 16-7 and that includes a home 2-0 loss to Manchester United. Crystal Palace is #18/20 at 6-16-4 (-13 goal difference) and are off a home win.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Vinciletti

Miami (Fla) vs. Florida State
Play: Florida State -7

The Seminoles will look to bounce back off a close loss to Duke and take on a Miami team they beat easily on the road earlier in the season. FSU has covered 15 of 20 at home and 8 of 11 off a spread win. They have covered 12 of 15 when the total is 130 to 140. Miami has failed to cover 4 of 5 on the road if the total is 135 to 140 and they are 3-7 to the spread as a road dog vs top 15 teams and they are 7-18 ats off a loss. Look for Florida St to take this one.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Wake Forest vs. Virginia Tech
Play: Virginia Tech -2

I really like the value here with the Hokies at basically a pick'em at home against the Demon Deacons. Wake Forest is getting some love here from the books, as they come in off an 88-81 win over Louisville in their home finale. I actually think that makes this an even better spot to fade the Deacons, as they will struggle to bring that same intensity against the Hokies.

Virginia Tech on the other hand is a team that is clicking down the stretch. The Hokies are 5-1 over their last 6, with the only loss coming in a 4-point defeat at Louisville. They also come in having covered the spread in 7 straight games. What I really like is that Virginia Tech is playing their home finale and that always brings out the best, especially for teams like the Hokies who have dominated at home. Virginia Tech is 15-1 on their home floor this year. At the same time, Wake Forest isn't the same team on the road. The Demon Deacons are 2-6 in ACC road games with the two wins coming against bottom feeders NC State and Boston College (both by only 5 points).

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Anthony

Kentucky vs. Texas A&M
Play: Kentucky -7.5

Kentucky has a very versatile guards who can get points on the scoreboard with smooth and quick skill. Texas A&M will struggle keeping Kentucky in check all game long. Kentucky has been playing great all season, they went through a small lull - but they are back on their game now, and the Aggies have nothing close to be able to grind this game out, even at home. Texas A&M have only stopped teams from scoring a load of points a handful of times this season - this is not going to be one of those rare game. Kentucky is going to enjoy looking at the defense of Texas A&M here. Texas A&M has been terrible with their rebounding game and they cannot finish drives either. These weaknesses will get demolished by the guys of Kentucky. Kentucky wins by 9 or more points

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Minnesota vs. San Antonio
Play: Minnesota +8.5

Edges - Timberwolves: 13-3 ATS with same season revenge from a loss of less than 20 points, including 8-0 ATS as a dog; and 5-1 ATS last six games on Saturdays… Spurs: host in this series 0-5 ATS. With San Antonio off a revenge affair at New Orleans last night, we recommend a 1* play on Minnesota.

Posted : March 4, 2017 12:55 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: