1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Detroit @ Minnesota
Pick: Under 5.5

Detroit likes to slow the tempo down with limited offensive skill, #26 in the NHL in goals scored and last on the power play. They also had to play last night, a 2-1 loss at Columbus. They've scored 20 goals the last 10 games. They face a dominant Minnesota defense that is second in the NHL in goals allowed and #11 in penalty killing. The Wild is off a 2-1 victory over Tampa Bay and is 18-5-8 UNDER the total against the Atlantic Division. The UNDER has gone 5-0-3 when these teams meet in this building, and this shapes up as another game with few shots and fewer goals.

Posted : February 12, 2017 1:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Washington St. at Colorado
Play: Washington St. +11.5

I like the value here with the Cougars as double-digit road dog. Washington State comes in having lost 3 straight and I believe it's playing into this line. The thing is, the Cougars last 3 games have been back-to-back at home against UCLA and USC, followed by a road game at Utah. Those are 3 of the better teams in the Pac-12 and Washington State was competitive in thos games. I know the Cougars aren't a great team, but they have won on the road at both Washington and Arizona State. Colorado is a solid team and come in having won 4 of 5, but the schedule has been favorable. What is getting overlooked here is that the Cougars already beat Colorado at home 91-89 back on 1/21 as a 7-point dog. I'm not saying they win on the road, but I think there's a good chance this game is close until the end and Washington State covers. Colorado is just 3-10 ATS in their last 13 off a win and the Cougars are 22-10 ATS after 3 straight games allowing a shooting percentage of 47% or better.

Posted : February 12, 2017 2:33 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: