Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Tuesday, April 4th, 2017

35 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

On the heels of hitting the Oakland A's with last night's freebie, I'm taking the Over in the Seattle Mariners/Houston Astros game tonight.

IMPORTANT: As you know every single Run Line play and Total wager will automatically list the scheduled starting pitchers at the time of the wager, and I want you to be sure the following pitchers are the registered starters on your ticket when making your wager: Hisashi Iwakuma and Lance McCullers. If one or both of these pitchers is not going, this is a no-play.

Iwakuma led Seattle with 16 wins last year, but he is also 5-6 with a 3.70 ERA in 14 starts against the Astros in his career. In eight starts at Minute Maid Park, the veteran right-hander is 3-3, 3.26 ERA. Tonight will be tough against the hard-hitting the 'Stros, who are looking to establish their presence in the division early on.

McCullers, meanwhile, returns to the mound after missing the last two months of the 2016 season with an elbow sprain. He was 6-5 with a 3.22 ERA in 14 starts last year after beginning the season on the disabled list. He could be a little cautious with his velocity, and if he leaves one too many hanging, will get taken deep.

2* Mariners/Astros Over

Posted : April 4, 2017 5:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

I gave you the Boston Red Sox Run Line last night with my free play. My free play for tonight is on the Oakland Athletics over the Angels, from Anaheim, in American League action. And I want you listing pitchers: Sean Manaea and Matt Shoemaker.

While these teams enter 2017 after losing seasons in 2016, and both with some promise for this season, I don't believe much in the Halos.

Oakland's campaign is centered around young players with talent and how their improvement progresses. With the right attitude, fueled by high expectations, I'm banking on the A's to be improved from last year.

That includes Manaea, who made his Major League debut less than a year ago, arriving on the scene April 29 and going 7-9 with a 3.86 ERA in 25 games, including 24 starts. The young southpaw ranked second among American League rookies with 124 strikeouts.

I'm going to bank on the A's to get this season underway much better than the Angels.

3* ATHLETICS

Posted : April 4, 2017 5:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Sawyer

Wolves vs. Warriors
Play: Warriors -14

Take the Golden State Warriors minus the points versus the Minnesota Timberwolves. Golden State (63-14) has won eleven straight after their 139-115 blowout win over Washington on Sunday. Look for the Warriors to keep clicking on all cylinders as they build confidence finding their identity again independent of the injured Kevin Durant. Golden State is 10-4-1 ATS in their last 15 games after scoring at least 125 points in their last game. The Warriors are also 7-3-1 ATS in their last 11 home games against teams with a losing record on the road. Minnesota (31-45) has won three of their last four games with their 110-109 win over Portland last night as a 2-point favorite. The Timberwolves have then failed to cover the point spread in 6 of their last 7 games after a point spread loss. Additionally, Minnesota has failed to cove the point spread in 6 of their last 7 games on the road. Lay the points with Golden State.

Posted : April 4, 2017 5:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Harry Bondi

Washington -3 over Charlotte

Washington was one of the hottest teams in the NBA from Christmas through the middle of March but have tanked since then. They return from a disastrous west coast trip that saw them get crushed by Utah, the Clippers and Golden State. Big step down in class against the here though against a 36-41 Charlotte squad that should get them back on the wining track. Washington has won and covered 5 of their last 6 meetings with the Hornets and get the money again tonight. Wizards!

Posted : April 4, 2017 5:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

OC Dooley

Padres +200

The key to this selection has to do with the PROJECTED pitchers that lowly San Diego will have to deal with during opening week where they do not have a single day off to breathe. After going up against baseball's best pitcher in the opener (Clayton Kershaw) the Padres AFTER tonight are slated to go up against the likes of Rich Hill (fresh off a lenghty contract extension) along with Madison Bumgarner and Johnny Cueto (top of the Giants rotation). But tonight San Diego ONLY faces Kenta Maeda who has NOT pitched well at the major league level for Los Angeles (4.25 ERA in the second half of last campaign) for quite some time. Maeda struggles with runners-in-scoring-position and the opposition recorded the same SLUGGING PERCENTAGE against him as troubled veteran James Shields. I did step out with the Padres yesterday as they were revening a 15-0 loss to the Dodgers at home exactly a year prior on opening day, and am personally investing again this evening

Posted : April 4, 2017 6:37 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: