Princeton/Yale Under 127.5

Posted : February 18, 2011 6:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

8* Philadelphia / Carolina Under 5.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on

The Flyers have seen the total go "under" the number in 32 of 57 this year, including in 15 of 28 on the road; on Wednesday they beat the Panthers 4-2.

Note that the total has gone "under" the number in 16 of Philadelphia's last 21 this year after a win by 2-goals or more.

On the other side of the rink: The Hurricanes have seen the total go "under" the number in 28 of 57 this year (with one "push"); on Wednesday they lost 3-2 to the Devils.

Note that the Hurricanes have seen the total go "under" the number in 18 of 26 this year when playing against a team with a winning record.

Bottom line: Important to note as well that in four of these teams last six vs. each other at the RBC Center, the total has indeed also gone "under" the number.

This is a critical four game home stand for the the Hurricanes who need some wins as they push for a playoff spot.

Cam Ward has always struggled against the Flyers, but has a big opportunity to help his team here with a big effort; when taking into account all of the strong "under" trends that each team exhibits in this spot, it does indeed all add up to an 8* play on the UNDER!

Posted : February 18, 2011 6:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

UConn / Louisville Under 138.5

Throughout the course of every season, every handicapper experiences some "bad beats," or "unlucky" losses. While it doesn't always feel like it, the good and bad breaks do tend to "even out" though. If one plays long enough, all handicappers will also experience their share of "lucky" wins. While I've had plenty go the other way, one of my "luckier wins" this season occurred when these teams faced each other on 1/29. I had the "over" in that game and the game was very low-scoring in regulation. It went to overtime and that still wasn't enough to send it above the total. However, the stars were in my favor that day, as the score was still tied after the first OT period. In double OT, the game finally finished above the total.

Of course, I gladly took the "lucky win," as it completed a perfect 5-0 card. Its important to learn from those type of games though - and to keep in mind that final scores can be misleading. If one just took a casual look and saw the high final score (79-78) they wouldn't have any idea that the game had only 51 points at halftime and 118 (59-59) after regulation.

Including last month's result, the OVER is now 4-1 the last five times that the Cardinals played at Connecticut. However, the UNDER is 3-1 the last four times that the Huskies played at Louisville. The three games that stayed below the total had O/U lines of 144.5, 134.5, and 137.5. Yet, they finished with combined scores of 129, 122, and 119 points.

After winning with them to go "over" the total in their game against Syracuse on Saturday, I played against the Cardinals in their last game. So, I was happy to see them score only 54 points, en route to a 63-54 loss at Cincinnati. That should also work in our favor here, as the Cardinals tend to turn up the defensive intensity, when off a loss. The UNDER is 9-5 the last 14 times that they were off a loss in Big East play, including 3-1 the last four.

For the season, the Cardinals are allowing a mere 61 points per game here. Opposing teams are shooting only 38.2% here.

The Huskies have alternated between high-scoring and low-scoring games recently. Last time out, they combined with Georgetown for 148. They allowed less than 60 points in two of their previous three games though.

The Huskies have seen the UNDER go 5-2 the last seven times that they played a road game with an O/U line in the 135 to 139.5 range. If we can avoid another OT game, I expect those stats to improve here.

Posted : February 18, 2011 6:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jr Tips

10* Weber State Over

Posted : February 18, 2011 6:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Drexel Under 124