Knicks

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brad Diamond Sports

Dallas Mavericks vs. Boston Celtics
Play: Dallas Mavericks + 6

Have the Mavs improved enough to win in Boston? No doubt this is same season REVENGE for the Celtics (89-87), but Dallas (14-7 SUR) travels to Harvard Square off a sizzling 113-97 win over New York at MSG. Dallas did it with defense holding the Knicks to only 45 second-half points. We must note, AS was pulled from the game early. Still, the Mavs have carved out 104.5 points per over their six game winning streak, while improving greatly on defense. The Boston Celtics seem to be the class of the league, whenever the Heat, Lakers and Spurs are banged up. The injury factor plays heavily in NBA basketball, since there are only five players hitting the boards. Once a key cog is missing, it’s difficult cultivating overall team chemistry, especially from the rotation aspect. At home Boston is 16-0 SU versus the East, but only 6-3 SU against West opponents this season. Over the last eight games the Celtics defense has become paramount in winning the second-half, holding offensive units to only 41 points on average. Remember, though, Boston is rarely tested in the apathetic regions of the NBA, but when they are, the game gets ugly. Just check out their Western Conference battles this season. So, I look for a low scoring game, a Mavericks win 94-88. All those techies out there, we find Dallas 31-8 SU when Dirk is in the starting lineup with the UNDERDOG in the series hitting 8 of 11 ATS. The roadie has scored huge tickets in Las Vegas with a 100% perfect 4-0 ATS legend. Oh, one final insight, the Celtics hit the pines 3-11-1 ATS off a SU win.

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Portland (+2') for 1.5 Units

Portland's covered 3 of the last 4 in this series and we'll grab them here with Indiana coming off a couple feel good wins over NBA lightweights - Toronto and Cleveland. The Pacers are just 2-6 ATS as a small favorite and just 2-7-1 ATS off a SU win. Indiana's leading scorer Granger could be slowed by a sinus infection that should open the door for the well coached 'Blazers to steal a win.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

8* Harvard +2

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on Harvard:

The Crimson are 7-4 ATS their last 11, including 4-2 ATS their last six on the road; on the 29th they be a Cornell 78-57 as 11-point favorites; that was this teams eighth straight victory and I expect it to continue to excel as they push for a spot in the big tournament.

Note that Harvard is 3-1 ATS this year after allowing 60-points or less and 3-2 ATS this year when playing against a team with a winning record.

On the other side of the court: The Tigers are 8-6 ATS their last 14 overall, including just 3-3 ATS in front of the home town crowd; on the 29th they beat Yale 67-63, unable to cover as 10 1/2-point favorites.

Note that Princeton is a poor 4-5 ATS this year as a favorite; also 0-2 ATS this year when playing with five or six days of rest.

Bottom line: Harvard coach Tommy Amaker; "It's every team's dream right now,'' Amaker said. "Every team wants to be in the tournament, every team wants to play well, every team would like to win their league and all those other things that you set out to do from day one. And we've done all that and we've helped ourselves along the way."

Despite being most freshman and sophomores, Harvard has a 15-3 record and is undefeated in Ivy League play; "I think it's critical that we continue to stay focused on doing the things that we've done, not getting ahead of ourselves,'' he said. "Preparation needs to be sharp. We need to focus on our identity. We talk about that a lot, in terms of who we are as a basketball team. We'll talk a lot about our concentration and we'll talk a lot about our composure and we'll talk a lot about our confidence.''

Harvard has more size inside and has been extremely disciplined this year; I expect the Crimson to blanked the Tigers Kareem Maddox and sneak out of Princeton with the ATS victory; 8* ESPNU IVY-LEAGUE ASSASSIN on HARVARD!

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

8* Indiana -2.5

Portland had no 'cake walk' in the year's first meeting with the Pacers, as the Blazers had to rally from 16 points down in their January 22 meeting against Indiana at the Rose Garden, so Pacers will be looking for revenge in return match. The Blazers opened the season knowing Oden would not play and have since lost leading scorer Roy (could be back) and Camby (11.3). Camby will return in the not too distant future but surely not here. Aldridge (21.3-9.0) has been terrific and Matthews (16.3) a 'savior,' but he hurt his ankle in the last game (should go). On top of all that, PG Andre Miller has recently said he wouldn't mind being moved before the trade deadline. Meanwhile, the Pacers fired Jim O'Brien and have won two straight under interim head coach Frank Vogel. Larry Bird (team president) was unhappy with the way O'Brien was handling the team's young players, so he can't be unhappy with the first two games, although let's not forget the wins came over the Raptors and Cavs. However, Hibbert has been returned to the low-post while totaling 37 points and 21 rebounds in the last two games, while Hansbrough and George have averaged a combined 28.0 points in those contests. The Pacers are 9-4 as home favorites in Conseco Fieldhouse this year. Lay the short number.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAS

St Peters Over 123.5

Siena Under 127.5

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ultra Sports

Orlando

Sacramento

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:14 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EZWinners

2* New Jersey Nets

2* Sacramento Kings

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dr Bob

3* Orlando

2* Fairfield

NBA Opinion

San Antonio (-4) over SACRAMENTO

Sacramento’s median home game is a 5 point loss and the Spurs are one of the very best teams in the NBA, so a line of Spurs by 4 points appears to be very low – even with San Antonio having played last night. San Antonio’s median road game is a 4 point win and the Kings are 5 points worse than an average team. Even with the lack of rest being worth about a point of extra home court advantage for the Kings that still doesn’t justify a line of 4 points. The Spurs do miss Matt Bonner’s contributions but I’ll still lean with the Spurs laying a pretty small number.

College Opinions

St. Peter’s (-5 1/2) over NIAGARA

Niagara is just 4-19 straight up, including a 57-77 loss at St. Peter’s a few weeks ago. St. Peter’s has won and covered 4 straight and the Peacocks are 16-3 ATS in conference games against losing teams that last 3 seasons (5-1 ATS this season). My ratings only favor St. Peter’s by 4 ½ points and the line has gone from -4 to -5 points so I won’t make the Peacocks a Best Bet. I’ll lean with St. Peter’s at -5 or less.

Dartmouth (+11) over PENN

Double-digit home favorites are just 114-148-6 ATS over the years in Ivy League play and my ratings favor Penn by just 10 points. I’ll lean with Dartmouth plus the points.

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Neri

Orlando

Posted : February 4, 2011 6:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

5 Units San Antonio -4