2* Philadelphia Flyers

2* Buffalo/Pittsburgh Under

Posted : February 1, 2010 9:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVID MALINSKY

4* WASHINGTON over BOSTON

The Celtics just went through the toughest schedule stretch any team in the NBA has faced this season – the Magic and Hawks on the road, and the Lakers at home, in the span of four days. And what did they look like at crunch time of each game? An old and tired team. While they still have a lot of pride and play savvy basketball, they were out-scored in the fourth quarter of those games by a remarkable 85-56 count. Now having been through that grinder, and failed in the way that they have, a 4-in-5 setting that includes a court change each time is absolutely not what the doctor ordered. Instead of a bounce-back here we believe a team that is 2-6 over their last eight games, with one of those wins coming at home in O.T. vs. short-handed Portland, falls again.The Wizards are at an entirely different level in terms of freshness and confidence. This will only be their third game in six days, and having won the first two there is an entirely different attitude in the locker room (perhaps knowing that Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton will not return this season is actually a bonus from a focus standpoint). Now Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler provide major matchup headaches for a tired defense, and with Mike Miller now becoming a key cog in the rotation (47 points, 13 assists and 26 rebounds in the last three games) they have added a perimeter threat that helps to loosen up even more room for their stars. We call for the outright win in this one, and the points being offered bring an excellent cushion

Posted : February 1, 2010 10:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

NCAAB MONDAY PLAY OF THE DAY

UCONN @ LOUISVILLE
3 UNITS LOUISVILLE -5.5

The Uconn Huskies are reeling after their big win vs Texas, they were knocked off in 2 straight, and in both games they were favored. If your team shoots 49% to the opponents 38%, you shoot better at the line, from 3 and out rebound them by 23, and playing at home, you should win. The Huskies lost because they made 16 turnovers to Marquette's 3. Those 13 possessions turn into 26 possessions, the 13 shots you didn't get vs the 13 extra ones they did. They had 19 turnovers vs Providence, and 19 in their game against Texas. The bottom line is this is a talented team that is very sloppy. That plays right into the hands of Louisville who play 40 minutes of pressure basketball, and Coach Pitino will go to the zone, as Uconn can't do anything offensively except dribble drive, and defensively the Huskies are allowing a lot of layups. This one will be ugly, and Louisville gets the call.

Posted : February 1, 2010 11:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

20 DIME - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
20 DIME - CHARLOTTE-PORTLAND OVER

Off their OT win at Dallas in which Andre Miller went for 52 points, the Blazers return home to take on a rested and defensive minded Charlotte Bobcats team playing great basketball.

Winners of 3 in a row on this road trip after dropping the first game at Denver 104-93, they couldn't be playing better.

They took care of the Suns by 5 in OT as a 5 1/2 point dog, Golden State by 11 as a 2 point favorite and the Kings by 7 as a 1 point favorite.

Don't look now but Larry Brown has this team playing great and with confidence and with a 15-9 ATS record on the road, I will grab them as a dog here.

I just have a lot of confidence in this squad right now and I will back them in this spot here.

Pretty simple here.

The Bobcats have gone over in every game of this road trip and I see no reason why they won't get over in this game tonight.

Blazers a little gassed after playing last night in Dallas, and the last thing on their mind will be playing defense.

Bobcats have gone over 5 in a row, and 8 of their last 9, and I just like the way they are playing offense right now.

You add the fact the Blazers have gone over 6 of their last 7 at home, and I like the over here tonight as well.

20 DIME - OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS -Undefeated at home and getting points? I'll take it!

Perhaps everyone has put the Longhorns on a pedastal they should have never been on.

They were number one when they lost at Kansas State. They went to UConn and lost as a 1 1/2 point favorite.

They came home to lose to Baylor in OT. Now they roll into Stillwater for this battle.

Cowboys off a tough loss at Missouri which makes me like Travis Ford's boys all the more.

With the hometeam 5-1-1 ATS last 7 meetings, and Texas just 2-6 ATS last 8 meetings at Okie State, the play is the small home dog.

15 DIME - MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES - Flat spot.

Last game of their road trip and off the big win at Boston last night, perfect spot for the Grizzlies to beat the Lakers.

Memphis has been waiting for LA since Saturday. Rested, focused, it's as good a spot as they will ever have to get the win.

Some great numbers favoring the Grizzlies here:

They are 10-1 ATS last 11 facing a team with a winning percentage greater than .600 and 9-2 ATS after scoring a 100 in their previous game.

You factor in the Lakers 4-9 ATS run last 13 games in Memphis and 6-14 mark ATS last 20 meetings overall and the home dog is the play.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Memphis win the game outright.

15 DIME - UTAH Jazz -Bad spot for the Mavs.

Off the OT loss at home to the Blazers, they take to the road at a place they just can't win.

In their last 17 meetings in Utah the Mavs are 3-13-1 ATS. I'm sure it doesn't help them coming in on back to back nights.

You can also throw in the hometeam is 21-5-1 ATS last 27 meetings.

You add the fact the Jazz couldn't be hotter at 9-1-2 ATS last 11 or the fact they are 6-0-2 last 8 facing a team with a winning record.

Let's be honest here. The Mavs haven't been making anybody any money at all going 8-20 ATS last 28 on the vegas board. Ouch.

Last but not least, how about 1-8 ATS playing the 2nd of back to back nights.

Jazz roll to a double digit win tonight.

FREE SELECTION - LOUISVILLE CARDINALS

Posted : February 1, 2010 11:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Primetime Sports Advisors

20 Units Iona -9.5

15 Units Memphis +2.5

15 Units Bos/Wash Under 191

Posted : February 1, 2010 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

igz1 sports

3* Boston -5
3* Lakers -125

3* Florida -110
3* Carolina -140

Posted : February 1, 2010 12:25 pm
(@cheif)
New Member Guest

BLADE: HOW ABOUT INSIDER SPORT GROUP WITH TONY MATTHEWS ? ANY GOOD SORRY TO BOTHER BUT NEED TO KNOW?

Posted : February 1, 2010 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLADE: HOW ABOUT INSIDER SPORT GROUP WITH TONY MATTHEWS ? ANY GOOD SORRY TO BOTHER BUT NEED TO KNOW?

I would say he is about average, never heard good or bad about him.

Posted : February 1, 2010 2:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Boston at Washington
3 Units Washington +4.5

Buffalo at Pittsburgh
3 Units UNDER 5.5 -120

Posted : February 1, 2010 2:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member