Clear all

Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Monday, February 1,2010

75 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Blade can you give me your opinion on Anthony Redd plz. He seems to do well when I look. Thanks!

He isn't bad at all but does seem to be streaky at times from what I have seen, been in a slump lately if I'm not mistaken.

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Great Lakes

4* Texas
3* UConn

4* Phoenix
3* Dallas
3* Charlotte

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Don Wallace Sports

Portland -3

Phoenix PK

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy June

10* Oklahoma State

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

UConn / Louisville Under146.5

After heartbreaking losses over the weekend, Louisville and Connecticut are desperate for victories and ready to get back on the court; for a number of different reasons I believe we're getting excellent value on the "under" in this situation:

Louisville is 0-4 against Top 25 opponents while Connecticut is 0-4 on the road.

The Huskies continue to play without coach Jim Calhoun, who has missed four consecutive games on medical leave. They are 2-2 with associate coach George Blaney in charge, and Calhoun is expected to miss Monday’s contest.

UConn trailed for most of the game in a 70-68 home loss to Marquette on Saturday. Jerome Dyson scored 18 points and Kemba Walker added 15 for the Huskies, who rallied from an early double-digit deficit before falling.

Keep in mind that the total has in fact gone "under" the posted number in five of Connecticut's last six overall and in nine of its last twelve on the road.

On the other side of the court: Louisville blew a 12-point lead with 10 minutes left in a 77-74 defeat at No. 9 West Virginia on Saturday. The Cardinals felt that two calls down the stretch in which possession went to the Mountaineers should have gone the other way.

“I’m tired of the officiating,” an irate coach Rick Pitino said. “That’s why I’m not speaking. I’m tired of the officiating.”

Louisville has dropped four of five, its last three losses coming by a combined 11 points.

Samardo Samuels and Reginald Delk each scored 16 points for Louisville, which had three baskets over the final 10 minutes. Edgar Sosa matched a season low with six points; I expect another offensive letdown.

Bottom line: Four out of the last six times these teams have played against each other, regardless of location, the total has also gone "under" the posted number.

When taking all of the above into account, the sharp money in this one is on the UNDER!

10* UNDER: Big East Total Of Year.

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Louisville -6.5

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Texas -2

Okie State will have issues on the glass tonight. They just got beat by 15 points on Saturday by the worst rebounding team in the Big 12, and Texas off a brutal OT home loss to a good Baylor team. I like Texas in Bounceback mode on national TV. The Longhorns crapped all over themselves 2 weeks ago on Big Monday at K State, I see them winning this one by 4-7 points. My overlay here 6 points, I will lay the 2 pointer. Play 1 Unit on Texas.

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

New Orleans -2

Phoenix is 3-8 SU and ATS this year when playing back to back days. I'm thinking they need some rest after going up and down the court like they do. Last night was no exception as they won 115-111 in Houston which included an overtime period. Phoenix is allowing 110.4 points per game on the road this year. New Orleans is 16-5 SU at home this year. New Orleans is 7-2 SU and ATS overall vs Phoenix past 3 years including 4-1 SU and ATS at home. Hornets are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games vs. a team with a winning SU record. Suns are 2-9 ATS in the last 11 meetings. Suns are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings in New Orleans. We'll play New Orleans for 4 units tonight!

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

Sacramento / Denver Over 211.5

When SACRAMENTO Played as road team as a Underdog - During Last 4 Years - With 1 Over or More - Lost Last Game by 7 Points or Less - With SU Record of 1 Win 2 Lost in L3G; the OVER is 8-2-0 for the Kings in this role. Take the OVER.

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Phoenix / New Orleans Under 212.5

Posted : February 1, 2010 3:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

30 Dime – MAVERICKS
15 Dime – OKLAHOMA STATE

MAVERICKS --- Is it just me or has the rest of the world jumped off the Dallas Mavericks bandwagon? A couple of really tough losses and now the consensus is... "the Mavs are starting to implode." To me, nothing could be further from the truth. This is still the best road team in the NBA, and for three quarters against the Suns the other night they were well on their way to another road victory. But the shooting failed them down the stretch and they dropped a tough 112-106 decision in Phoenix. Two nights later they came back home and got "Andre Millered" as the veteran point guard torched the Mavs to the tune of 52 points in an overtime, two-point win. So the Mavs drop two very close decisions and now the rest of the country is ready to back the Jazz without Carlos Boozer and possibly without AK-47. Be my guest.

There's no doubt the Mavs are a trainwreck at home ATS and you could have made a ton of money betting against them at American Airlines Arena, but when you get this team on the highway, it's a different story. The Mavs are 16-9 SU and 15-10 ATS on the road and actually have a better road record than home record. And the one stat that hit me right face when handicapping this game was the fact the Mavs haven't lost three games in a row all season. In fact, the Mavs have only had two other two-game losing streaks, and each time they bounced back on the third night with a win (vs. Phoenix and vs. OKC). I don't care what history says and I don't care that the Mavs have perennially struggled in Salt Lake City, I care that the Mavs know how to bounce back as good as any team in the NBA, and after dropping two heartbreakers in a row, I expect their best effort tonight.

Add to that the fact Dallas is healthier, playing on revenge, and getting at least four points, not to mention the fact everyone in the world is on the Jazz, I'm more than happy to back the Mavericks on the road. Top play of the day on Dallas to likely get the SU win.

OKLAHOMA STATE --- It's nearly impossible for me to NOT back a team that's perfect at home when getting points. Granted, they probably haven't beaten a team at home as good as Texas, but they've had some impressive wins and seem to be playing really good basketball right now. Forget Saturday's blowout loss at Mizzou for two reasons. First, the Tigers (much like OSU) don't lose at home. They have a home winning streak that dates back more than two years. Second, the Cowboys had to fly in a snowstorm just to get to Columbia. They barely had time to sleep or warm up, let alone play a basketball game. And after what happened to this university 10 years ago in Colorado (the dreaded plane crash), basketball was the last thing on their minds.

Now, back in the comfort of Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater, the Pokes can focus on basketball and getting back in the Big 12 race. And they catch Texas at the perfect time. This Longhorns team was once #1 in the land, but since then things have gone south. And it seems like the rest of the country keeps thinking, "this is the game Texas gets back on track," yet each time out they fail to cover the number. In fact, they haven't covered in their last eight games and haven't beaten a meaningful opponent since December 22nd over Michigan State. Until Texas proves they can go on the highway and beat someone with a pulse, I'll be glad to back a home dog like Oklahoma State that hasn't lost a home game all year.

Posted : February 1, 2010 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trey Scott

*300 Texas -2

Posted : February 1, 2010 4:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

20 Dime - Jazz