NBA FULL COURT PRESS DOMINATOR

Charlotte -3

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Moore Guaranteed Selections

Oklahoma - Texas UNDER 147

So many good trends to the under in this one. The Sooners are 11-19 to the under as an underdog and 12-17 to the under on the road over the past few seasons. Texas has gone under in 14 of their last 17 in this range of total number (145 - 150). And 7 of the last 9 games played at Texas in this series have gone under the number as well. It all adds up to an under in this Big 12 battle. Thank you and good luck.

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Paul Leiner

100* Port/Mem Over 195

25* Georgetown +6

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ron Raymond

UTA / LAC Under 202

When ANY NBA Team Played as Road team as a Favorite - Before a non division game - Last 4 years - Vs Pacific opponent - Coming off a Home win - Scored 120 or more points FOR in their la~st game - Coming off a 1 game home stand; the UNDER is 13-7-0 for the Road Fave in this role. My ATS Calculator has this total landing on 199.32 points.

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Five Star Sports

4'* Charlotte

3* Texas

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

30 Dime – TEXAS

10 Dime – OKLAHOMA - FIRST HALF

TEXAS LONGHORNS --- Don't let this big number scare you away... this game is going to get ugly, especially in the second half. Remember what happened to the Longhorns when they traveled to Norman, Oklahoma a few weeks ago... trust me, they haven't forgotten. Although this rivalry might not get as much notoriety as the "big ones", it's still two schools that absolutely hate each other and it stems from football. Does the basketball rivalry carry as much weight as football? Probably not... but it's still OU/Texas and it's still called the Red River Rivalry for a reason. Unlike when Kansas got up by 25 on Oklahoma and let them back in the game, Texas won't allow that to happen. When they get a double digit lead they are going to keep their foot on the gas and drive the Sooners right out of the gym.

Back in February on a cold Saturday afternoon, the Sooners frustrated the Longhorns with a barrage of three-pointers (10 of 24) and watched Texas struggle at the free throw line (10 of 27) while they, themselves hit 20 of 28. OU jumped out to a 48-30 halftime advantage and never really looked back. The encouraging news was the fact that Texas outscored the Sooners 41-32 in the second half, but the deficit was already too large to overcome. Although they were the #1 team in the land for a week, they have proven to not be as good as that ranking, especially when they play on the road. At home, however, it's a different story. The Longhorns are 14-2 in Austin and come in on the heels of an embarrassing road loss at A&M. OU, meanwhile, is just playing bad basketball no matter where they are.

Six consecutive losses, including three home losses coupled with the fact they covered only one of those games has me believing they don't stand a chance tonight. Texas is a perfect 5-0 both SU and ATS in their last five home meetings with the Sooners, including last year's 5-point win as 1-point chalk... and that Sooners team had All-Everything Blake Griffin. The other four Texas wins were ALL by double digits and never really close. The Longhorns are still in the Big Tournament while the Sooners know they are rebuilding for next year, so this game clearly means more to the boys from Austin. Rivalry, revenge, and seeding in the Big 12 Conference tournament is enough for me. Texas by 20.

OU (FIRST HALF ONLY) --- Somewhat of a hedge bet as I hate watching the Longhorns in the first half. For whatever reason it takes them a while to get going, and if they get out to a double digit lead at halftime, I'm willing to bet they continue to roll up the score in the second half without letting up. But when is the last time the Longhorns have had a first-half lead at home that covered the number? You have to look back at the Nebraska game... a game that will probably have the same look-and-feel as tonight's game. They grabbed a 20-point+ lead in the first half and never gave it up. OU has too much pride to get down by 20+ to Texas in the first half, and because of the nature of this rivalry combined with the fact Texas is a HORRIBLE first half team, I feel comfortable getting 7 or 8 points in the first half and then watching Texas turn it on in the second half. I hate "hedge" type bets, but I truly believe we can nail both of these wagers tonight, going 2-0 and getting back on track.

FREE - SAN ANTONIO ---- Tough break with UConn yesterday. I still feel like I was on the right side of that game, and watching the Huskies lose an 11-point first half lead with less than a minute to play was a bit disheartening. You go from 11 up to 5 up on the strength of two three-pointers and now your lead is 5. Still, a five-point halftime advantage should have been more than enough, but the Cardinals kept raining threes and in the first three minutes of the second half and eventually found themselves up 5 on the strength of a 13-3 run to start the half. They would never really look back. UConn took two leads in the second half but just couldn't come up with enough stops. Bad loss that should cost them a trip to the Big Dance. You can't lose to Louisville at home... you just can't. I'm still up nearly 100 dimes with my last 14 paid selections (11-3-1) and with a 2-0 night tonight I'll be up nearly 140 while posting a 13-3-1 record.

Tonight's free play is on the San Antonio Spurs to beat the Hornets on the road. New Orleans used a lot of energy last night in Dallas, coming back from 25 down to draw within 4 in the fourth quarter (but still lost by 8). They had to turn around, very late last night, get on a red-eye flight to New Orleans, and now get ready to play a suddenly-surging San Antonio team? Sorry, I don't see it. Even at home where they sport a 20-9 overall record, I'm not sure the Hornets are going to have enough gas left in the tank to overcome a veteran team like San Antonio. With the Spurs having dropped three straight on the highway, they are more than overdue for a road win, and this is just the venue to do it. It's not like the Hornets' fans really come out in droves to support this team, so the "home court advantage" thing doesn't hold much water with me. And I'm not sure if you believe in stuff like this, but San Antonio is really good on Mondays, covering 12 of their last 18 with one push. I'll side with the Spurs in a near-pick 'em.

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:08 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

8* Colorado -117

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the home side:

The Red Wings (28-21-12) won the Cup in 2008, and reached the finals again last season, but are currently tied with Dallas for ninth in the West, one point behind Calgary. Detroit beat Colorado 4-2 on December 31st in these teams last matchup.

We're coming off the break; but keep in mind that Detroit is just 1-4 its last five overall and just 1-5 its last six on the road. On the other side of the rink: In terms of time off, the break may have helped the Avs as much as any team. Only Paul Stastny, Ruslan Salei (Belarus) and backup goalie Peter Budaj (Slovakia) were on Olympic rosters.

Goalie Craig Anderson may have benefited the most from the rest after starting the last 16 games for Colorado, going 11-5-0 with a 1.80 goals-against average in that stretch. Colorado could not have been hotter going into the break; 4-1 its last five overall; 5-0 its last five at home.

Bottom line: Another important factor in this one; Colorado is a blazing 19-13 (+7 units) revenging a loss vs. an opponent. Milan Hejduk also returns to the lineup for the Avs; no need to overanalyze this one; home ice advantage can't be overlooked; a great price on the AVALANCHE!

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Texas -14

The Longhorns host the Sooners in the Last Home Game of the season for Texas tonight knowing, despite an 80-71 loss at Oklahoma a month ago, they are 12-5 SU and ATS in this series. Inside those numbers Texas is 7-1 ATS at home, including 3-0 SU and ATS when the Sooners own a win percentage of less than .777 on the season. The Longhorns are also 6-1 SU and ATS in Last Home Games when playing off a SU and ATS loss, including 5-0 SU and ATS when they own a winning record. With Texas 12-3-1 ATS in games they win straight up as a favorite when playing with same season revenge, including 7-0 ATS the last seven points -and- Oklahoma 1-11 ATS in straight up losses as a dog against foes with same season revenge, we'll lay the points with the Longhorns this evening. We recommend a 3-unit play on Texas.

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

Nuggets/Suns Under 221

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Opposite Action Plays

Charlotte -3

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Oklahoma +14

OU has already beaten a deplorable Texas team by 10 in Norman about 3 weeks ago. Texas off a devastating loss against Texas AM on Saturday, which was my top play of the weekend. Texas has injury issues, and issues across the board to be honest, as they are NOT a top 25 team and one of the more overrated teams around. While they should win this game, 14 is too many points to lay with a team in disarray and is 6-21-1 ATS (worst in the Big 12) their last 28 games against Big 12 foes, and 3-13 ATS overall their last 16 games. OU gave Kansas a game last week as a 22 point dog in a cover and are not throwing in the towel as some suspect. This is a rivalry games, and OU will give them their best shot. OU has dropped 6 straight, but only one of those losses was by more than this spread against Okie State on the road and they gave Baylor, a ranked team, a hell of a game on Saturday in a close loss. Play 1 Unit on Oklahoma

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

West Virginia (-6') for 2 Units

Decent play with the Mounties here knowing that Georgetown's top scorer and 3 point shooter is out (flu). Had Georgetown been scheduled at home with at least 3 days prep here, we'd consider going the other way however, the Hoyas have a short turnover time from their Saturday double-digit loss at home and are a mere 1-6 ATS following a double-digit loss at home. And they're just 2-6 ATS on Mondays. Furthermore, going on the road to a ornery venue without Freeman's floor leadership and scoring ability should spell trouble. The Mounties are a solid 18-8 ATS as a home favorite of 'to 6' and should get Da'Sean Butler back on his game here.

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

300 Units Denver Nuggets

Posted : March 1, 2010 6:13 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: