3* Den +5.5

Posted : March 29, 2010 12:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Denver at Dallas
Pick: Dallas -5

What what I've seen, the Denver Nuggets (48-26) have struggled since head coach George Karl became ill. The Nuggets have 'covered' only four of 14 in back-to-back contests and this one qualifies as Denver is coming off a game yesterday in Orlando. The Nuggets have now gone eight straight without a cover and that will continue tonight, Take DALLAS!

Posted : March 29, 2010 12:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NHL PRO PICKS

Buffalo +117
Florida +117
Minnesota +102

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

4 Units Jazz -9

3 Units Raptors +9

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Higgs

20* Hornets

20* Mavericks

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

30 Dime Winner #4 in a Row on the Denver Nuggets plus the poinds at Dallas in the NBA

15 Dime Release in college basketeball on VCU minus the points at home against St. Louis in the first game of the CBI tournsment champinship series

NUGGETS - I have a feeling everyone in the world is going to be on Dallas tonight, just like Baylor yesterday, and when that happens, the other side usually covers. I don't think tonight's game is any different. Dallas and Denver are very comparable, talent-wise, and when one side is giving five points, the only smart thing to do is back the underdog. Okay, yes, I realize the Nuggets are in a bit of a funk right now, and I'm sure it has something to do with their head coach, George Karl, not being with them as he receives treatment for his throat cancer. Either way, this team isn't playing up to their potential right now.

But one thing I simply can't overlook is how well the Nuggets perennially play IN Dallas. Here are the results of the last four meetings between these two when playing at the American Airlines Center in Dallas: 119-117 Dallas, 106-105 Denver, 103-101 Denver, and 98-88 Denver. So, not only has Denver covered the last four in Dallas, they've also taken three of the last four SU with only a two-point setback. In fact, Denver is 19-7 ATS in their last 26 meetings with Dallas and with so much on the line in this particular game tonight, I'm quite certain we'll see a better Denver team than we have seen during the other four games of this recent road trip.

Everyone seems to be giving up on Denver because of this slide, but let's not forget this was the Western Conference runner up last year and they could very well be on their way to another Western Conference Finals with the Lakers again this year. They haven't lost any talent... they're just losing focus, and what better way to get that focus back than by beating a Dallas team that is currently a 1/2 game in front of them for the #2 seed in the West. Dallas is just 8-27-1 ATS in 36 home games this year and it doesn't seem to matter how many points they are laying. Dallas has no answer for Carmelo Anthony, and he's going to be the difference-maker tonight. Nuggets challenge for the outright win again tonight.

VCU - To be honest, this is more of a "reverse line movement" selection than anything else. Do I believe VCU is better than St. Louis? Yes. Do I know that VCU plays much better at home? Absolutely. But the thing that gets me is how VCU started as a 9-point favorite last night, and as more and more money came in on St. Louis, the line has actually crept up near 10 in some places. What gives? Either Vegas is begging the average bettor to keep jumping on St. Louis or somebody fell asleep. Either way, I'll take my chances with a team that is capable of winning by double digits rather than hoping St. Louis can backdoor, because that's what it's going to take for the Billikens to cover this number... a backdoor. So far in this tournament, VCU has beaten three fairly good teams, but they haven't really dominated anyone, winning by an average of just 7 PPG... so why the high number in the championship game? Like I said, I think this is a trap and I'm having none of it. Take the Rams minus the number.

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Degarde

2* New Orleans +6

1* St Louis +10

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:21 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WAYNE ROOT

4* Millionaire - Charlotte Bobcats

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Great Lakes Sports

5* Charlotte

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JB Sports

2* Mavericks

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

St. Louis (+10) for 2.5 Units

Based on past performances, it looks like VCU is the call here on their strong home floor in the first game of the best of three series after all, VCU dismantled a notable cast of teams at the Siegel Center, including Richmond and Old Dominion. On the other hand, St. Louis got blown out at Richmond January 30th; however, it was after that game that the Billikens' offense started producing. Since then, St. Louis reeled off 4 straight road wins, including over an athletic Dayton team. Billikens' HC Majerus is a great tournament coach and will have St. Louis prepared on both ends of the floor. VCU's defense needs work for it allowed Charleston back in the game to cover and BU was scoring at will before it self destructed. This CBI Championship series hasn't drawn a great amount of interest consequently, we'll look for the Billikens to keep their composure in a relatively quiet Siegel Center tonight.

Posted : March 29, 2010 2:24 pm
(@insider)
Trusted Member

KELSO STURGEON

ST. LOUIS (+10) VCU 10 UNITS

JAZZ (-11) KNICKS 25 UNITS

Posted : March 29, 2010 4:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WUNDERDOG

3 Units Carolina +110