Posted : May 10, 2010 8:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

MLB MONDAY MISMATCH

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES @ #960 COLORADO ROCKIES
3UNITS: COLORADO ROCKIES -110

Kyle Kendrick has had 2 brilliant outings, but despite of that, the bad has out-weighed the good, as he has posted a 5.87 ERA to start the season, and the Phillies are just 2-4 in his 6 starts. The Phillies are a predominately lefthand hitting team, and have struggled against lefthand pitching where they are just 2-5 on the season. Their last 4 losses vs a lefthander has seen this powerful offense score a total of 5 runs. Phillies have dropped Kendrick's last 6 starts on the road vs a team with a losing record, and the Rockies have come up big as a home favorite at 45-20 in their last 65. I'll go with Colorado in this one.

Posted : May 10, 2010 10:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

3* Pirates -101

3* Jazz/Lakers Under 207

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

20 Dime Jazz

10 Dime Phillies

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:22 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

60 Dime Magic

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chuck O'Brien

25 Dime TB Rays -1.5

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Michael Cannon

25 Dime Magic

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

100* Lakers +2.5

50* Magic -6

100* Boston -175

50* Tampa -140

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:59 am
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Dave Cokin

Matchup: Washington at N.Y. Mets

Listed pitchers must go: (R) ATILANO, L vs. (R) MAINE, J

Play: N.Y. Mets (ML -147)

There's no way to consider Mets righty John Maine as reliable for any lengthy stretch of time. But we've seen several short bursts of excellence from Maine and the idea is to back him when he's hot and stay on him till he goes cold. I see Maine having a very good shot at putting together a third straight solid outing tonight as he faces Washington. Maine has sturdy career numbers against this team, and the Mets have been playing very well at home. Their loss to the Giants on Sunday snapped a nine-game home winning streak. I also like the hosts to knock around Nationals rookie Atilano, who is not a particularly well regarded prospect. After two good performances, Atilano was raked in his last start and my guess is that he won't be with the big club much longer, likely lasting only until the call to Strasburg gets made. This is a big number for me, but I like the spot and I'll play the Mets to win tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup: Philadelphia at Colorado

Listed pitchers must go: (R) KENDRICK, K vs. (L) SMITH, G

Play: Philadelphia (ML +101)

The Phillies are not as daunting offensively against lefties, but I don't see Greg Smith being dominant against this lineup. Smith's splits are not all that much stronger against lefty hitters, and his recurring control issues could figure here against a patient Philly lineup. The Rockies are a bit shorthanded for this contest. Carlos Gonzalez is away from the team due to a death in his family, and shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's status is in doubt with his knee banged up. Kyle Kendrick has been working hard trying to add a splitter to his repertoire and he seems to be getting the hang of it to some extent. Colorado is very tough at home, but with perhaps two of the Rockies best offensive performers missing this game, I can't see them as even small chalk against the two-time defending NL Champs. I'll side with the visiting Phillies to get the money tonight.

Posted : May 10, 2010 11:59 am
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Dave Cokin

Matchup: L.A. Lakers at Utah

Play: L.A. Lakers (ML +130)

I had the Suns on the money line Sunday in the NBA, and my thinking is precisely the same for tonight's Game Four clash between the Lakers and Jazz. I don't see the spread coming into play in this contest. If the Lakers relax and the Jazz come out firing, Utah will probably get an easy win. But more likely, the Lakers are going to want to make sure they don't have to go back to LA for another game, thus getting them almost the same amount of rest as the Suns are going to enjoy after polishing off San Antonio. It's also notable that the Lakers simply have this team's number, and after losing a real heartbreaker on Saturday night, this is not a good spot for the Jazz. It's a game I expect the Lakers to win, and I'm therefore going to go for the better odds by backing them on the money line.

Posted : May 10, 2010 12:00 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

James Patrick

Matchup: Orlando at Atlanta

Play: Orlando (-5.5 -110)

Magic vs. Hawks 8:00 p.m. est. TNT (Orlando leads series 3-0)
If you've been watching this Eastern Conference Semi-Final you are asking the same question as most, "How on earth did the Atlanta Hawks ever win (53) games this season". When matched-up against the elite teams of the NBA in the Eastern Conference, (Cleveland, Boston and Orlando), the Hawks are (13-32) in the past (3) seasons. One of the reasons is that they don't play have a deep bench and that is a problem that has reared it's head in this series. Atlanta is overmatched trying to contend with the East's best Big Man and one of the top three point shooting teams in the NBA. Atlanta hasn't had much success with Orlando, losing (5) of (6) on their home court and (9) of the past (10) meetings overall ATS. Magic are on fire and look like a team that wants to show they can dominate with a (19-6-1) ATS run to end the season. The Magicians work their Magic and await their next opponent back at home in the "Magic Kingdom"
3* #729 Orlando Magic

Posted : May 10, 2010 12:02 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Mark Franco

Matchup: Orlando at Atlanta
Time: 8:05 PM EDT (Mon)

Play: Orlando (-5.5 -110)
We have seen this Magic team totally dominate this young Atlanta Hawks team and I don’t see that changing here in game four. This number is a little inflated but I am willing to lay it.

ORLANDO: 26-11 ATS after winning 20+ of their last 25 games

ATLANTA: 2-13 ATS in the second round of the playoffs

Posted : May 10, 2010 12:07 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK CLUB

3 Units Jazz -2.5

4 Units Yankees

Posted : May 10, 2010 1:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member