30 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Higgs

4* Brewers -141

Taking Gallardo and the Brewers here. Coming back here on the BrewCrew as we tie it up in the 9th and then lose on a couple errors and bad fielding in the 10th. Personally, I like to play on teams after they commit 3 or more errors in a game. Here, Milwaukee only booted what would be the winning the run, so I feel after a scolding by coach, they will be a bit crisp in the field. Add in we a solid arm on the hill, backed with some powerful bats, and we should get back in the win column today. Marquis is just 4-9 with a 4.95 ERA in his career vs Brewers. Gallardo 2-0 with a 3.00 vs Nats. Gallardo gave up 4 earned in 5 innings his last trip out, which was on the heels of a CG 2 hit shutout. I look for a game more in between his SO and first start where he went 6 and gave up 2. I can see 6-7 innings with 2-3 runs allowed. Should be win as the Brewers bats should hit Marquis who has been effective this season. That being said, Brewers win this one, 6-3.

4* Seattle Mariners -141

Taking King Felix and the Mariners here. Taking a favorite today. This is close to my max as favorites go. But I believe we are getting good value here. I am throwing out the M's and Hernandez's recent trends vs KC. Right off the bat, we get Felix off one of the worse outings of his career. Mariners bats got him a ND, but in was a game that he was flat out awful. 6 innings 12 hits 7 earned. I expect a more typical line from Felix this afternoon, more like 8 innings 10Ks 4 hits 0-1 runs. For KC, Sean O'Sullivan really hasn't done anything this year. Let me see 4 innings, 7 hits, 5 earned a walk, a strikeout and a homer. KC held on to a 6-5 win last night as Seattle struck for 3 runs in the 9th. More importantly for the M's, if, and I don't think it will matter here with Felix on the hill, they fave Soria, a big time closer, the go in knowing they did get a run off him the night before, so he is not unhittable.

4* White Sox -1.5

Taking Floyd and the Sox here. We faded Chatwood in his first start and cashed with the Indians as a nice dog. Here we will do the same, but lay the runs with the Sox bats. At 160, this would be about as far as I would lay with a favorite. But, taking back the +123 is a solid option. White Sox have experienced hitters who should wait out the youngster and make him work. Those extra pitches will lead to walks and more men on base. Floyds last 2 starts at Angels at home have been solid going 15 innings, giving up 2 earned (3total) 11 hits and 10Ks. Floyd off a 4 hit gem where he got a ND vs Tampa thanks to a leaky bullpen. Off the loss to Weaver last night, things should be a bit easy today vs the rookie.

4* Flyers GL -1.5

Taking the FLYERS here on the GL. Goal Line just keeps money in our pockets. Here we get the Flyers down 0-1 at home. Look for them to bring their 'A' game and even the series up. Now, last year this group was down 0-3 and rallied all the way back vs Boston. I really don't think they want to go down 0-2 at home. They outshot the Sabres in Game 1, and I look for them to break through this afternoon. Sabres happy stealing 1 on the road. Let's take the Flyers to win this one 3-1 and get us that GL money.

4* Under Hawks/Magic 179.5

Going UNDER the total in Orlando. Listen, Hawks covered all 4 meetings vs the Magic this year, winning 3 games outright. They also have a nice revenge factor in their favor dating back to last years playoffs. Why does this matter. Well, they are familiar with each other. 9 of the last 10 games have gone UNDER in the series, including 6 straight. The thing that worries me about the Hawks and why we aren't playing them SU and in the series, is that it looks like they have quit. They ended the year with 6 straight losses, (3 straight unders, 4 of 6 overall). Again, we like the under. Hawks one a top 10 scoring defense team, and rank 26th in offensive scoring. Magic #4 in scoring defense. Orlando one of the best defensive teams in the league. Lets also realize that the Magic best player shots under 60% from the FT line, so he won't be getting those easy points with no time coming off the clock. We are going UNDER in what will be a 90-78 type game.

Posted : April 16, 2011 11:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Mavericks -2 1st Half

Posted : April 16, 2011 12:55 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Orlando Magic

Hawks/Magic Under 179.5

Posted : April 16, 2011 12:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Valley Sports

3* NY Yankees
3* Baltimore/Cleveland Over
2* Arizona
2* Baltimore

3* Dallas -5
3* Dallas/Portland Under
2* Philadelphia +10.5
2* Orlando -8.5

Posted : April 16, 2011 12:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ASA

5* Boston Celtics
3* Texas Rangers
3* Cleveland Indians
3* Chicago Bulls
3* Orlando Magic Over

Posted : April 16, 2011 12:59 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins

Miami Heat -10.5

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Dallas (-5) for 1.5 Units

The Mavericks are notorious for their 1st round debacles and Portland has given Dallas trouble this year. Consequently, that awareness had HC Carlisle keeping his men playing at a high level down the stretch of the season (4-0 ATS run). The Mavericks are 12-4-1 ATS off a SU win of 10+ and 5-0 ATS as a home favorite in this range. We can't trust the 'Blazers at 1-4 ATS in this round and just 2-7-1 ATS on Saturdays. We'll look for the Mavericks to get back their earlier season magic when they went on a blistering tear.

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Arizona Over 10.5

Oakland Under 6.5

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

25* Padres

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

75 Dime Hawks

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:54 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

40 Dime Mavericks

Posted : April 16, 2011 2:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

Portland +2.5 1st Half

Posted : April 16, 2011 3:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KELSO

100 Units Portland Trail Blazers +5
5 Units Indiana Pacers +11.5
5 Units Philadelphia 76ers +10.5

25 Units San Diego Padres -145
10 Units Saint Louis Cardinals +140
3 Units Texas Rangers +140
3 Units San Diego Padres -145

Posted : April 16, 2011 4:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

50 Dime Dallas Mavericks

Posted : April 16, 2011 4:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bill Marzano

Blazers at Mavericks
Pick: Blazers +5.5

I really like Portland + the points in this game vs the Dallas Mavericks...this is going to be a great series and I think the only one that has the potential to go the full seven games...both these teams matchup well vs one another...they split the season series 2-2 both winning on their home court...Dallas has not played well down the stretch and are just 1-9 their last 10 games vs playoff teams in the West...this game will be close either way, I like Portland + the points here.

Posted : April 16, 2011 5:25 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: