0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

2000♦ Butler
500♦ Boston Red Sox

2000♦ Butler

It is a shame one of these teams will have to lose tonight, and in reality there is not much separating the 2 mid-major schools from advancing to Monday's championship game, but for my money the experience Butler gained from being in the Final Four last season will prove invaluable this time around.

Shaka Smart has pushed all the right buttons in guiding his Rams to 5 wins in 5 games in this tournament, and the Rams have made it look easy in pretty much all of their wins. A big key to their run has been their unconscious shooting from behind the arc, as the Rams are way above their regular season shooting percentage from tripleville this post season, that is for sure.

As heady as Shaka Smart is, I believe Brad Stevens may be a little smarter than Smart! Give Stevens the whole week to prepare his team for you, and I believe the bespeckled one will diffuse the Rams 3-ball just enough to have his Bulldogs marching back to their second consecutrve title game.

Butler has defeated both the # 1 seed - Pittsburgh, and the # 2 seed - Florida on their road to Houston, and where the Rams did defeat # 1 seeded Kansas, I can tell you flat out that the Jayhawks players are nowhere near as inspired as the Bulldogs players are. Stevens is a coach that has 100% belief from his players, and the Bulldogs know full that if they execute the game-plan they will give themselves an excellent chance to win any game against any foe.

Of course the same can be said for Shaka Smart and his team, but as I said a the top, the second time around in the Final Four for Butler is a huge intangible, and I think that is where VCU comes up just a tick shy.

Butler to advance with the win and cover.

500♦ Boston Red Sox

On the diamond, gonna look for Boston to get on board this season with the win over Texas.

Red Sox squandered an early lead last night, as the Texas bats made a lot of noise in their 9-5 comeback win.

Like the way John Lackey worked this spring, and Lackey certainly knows a thing or two about pitching in Arlington from his division days against Texas when he was on the LA Angels.

Colby Lewis had a solid postseason last year, but I still think the jury is out on this guy to step up and deliver the type of season the Rangers need to fill the void with Cliff Lee heading to Philly.

Expect Boston to square things up at a game apiece this weekend with the win tonight.

Posted : April 2, 2011 10:35 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Keith Glantz

25* VCU
25* Kentucky
25* Reds
25* Rangers

Posted : April 2, 2011 10:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Butler -2.5

Pinnacle - Kentucky -2

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

200* VCU

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:05 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

20* VCU +2.5

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EZWinners

2* VCU
2* Kentucky

2* Pirates
2* Royals

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

3G Sports

10* UConn

4* White Sox Under

4* TWolves

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Butler -2.5

Cleveland Indians +124

I was very impressed with the Indians comeback as they were down 14-0 and could have called it a day. Instead, they outscored the Sox 10-1 and have a lot of momentum coming into this game today. I am not impressed with Edwin Jackson for the White Sox and think the Indians will put up a decent amount of runs today. Starting Indians pitcher, Carlos Carasco, has tremendous upside and should pitch a good enough game to get his team a win. Take the Indians.

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Chicago White Sox -130

Might as well go back to the well one more time. The White Sox offense destroyed Cleveland pitching yesterday, building a 14-0 lead by the 5th inning before manager Ozzie Guillen removed starters and took the foot of the pedal. This really shouldn't come as a surprise considering we told you yday that Chicago destroyed righties on the road last year (+$1390) and that the Indians were as bad as advertised. Consider that it was Tribe ace Carmona going in the opener & now its the inexperienced Carlo Carrasco, who posted a 5.40 ERA vs. the White Sox in 2010. Meanwhile, Chicago starter Edwin Jackson is 7-1 lifetime vs. Cleveland and beat them twice LY. The Pale Hose continue to excel in day games (31-18) while Cleveland is a lousy 2-12 at home after allowing eight or more runs the previous game. Chicago White Sox are our MLB Oddsmaker Mismatch.

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:35 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Super Sports Group

9* Minnesota / Toronto Over 8.5
9* Boston +104
8* Blue Jays+103
8* San Fran / LA Under 7
8* St Louis -1.5 +140
8* Houston / Philadelphia Over 7

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Chicago White Sox at Cleveland
Pick: Cleveland +115

The Cleveland Indians were a road disaster a year ago where they lost 50 games. They were respectable at home, collecting 38 wins. They expect big things from Carlos Carrasco this season as he finished strong to end 2010. Carrasco allowed more than 3 runs in just one of his last eight starts last year. The White Sox will turn to Edwin Jackson who was getting bombed in Arizona before they acquired him and he did do well with the change in uniform. His problem is location, as he walks way too many hitters and early in the season, I would expect a pitcher that has trouble with command to struggle even more. Cleveland wins this one.

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports

Tulsa at Pittsburgh
Pick: Pittsburgh -8

Tulsa lost 69-20 last week after falling behind by 42-0 in the third quarter. And the game was at home. They lost at Dallas by 64-40 and are led by QB Bobby Reid, who is a better runner than a passer. Pittsburgh won earlier at home by 58-28 over Iowa and just beat Milwaukee on the road by 2 after being ahead by close to 20 points. The Power should focus on getting ahead early and not letting their opponent back into it. Tulsa is off a short week and has a bye next week to help them right the ship. Take Pittsburgh -8 over Tusla as our AFL play for Saturday.

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Red Sox / Rangers Over 9.5

Posted : April 2, 2011 11:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Valley Sports

3* Chicago Cubs