Buffalo +103
Edmonton +258

Posted : April 3, 2010 9:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Valentino

75 DIME FINAL FOUR GAME OF THE YEAR

75 Dime play on Duke minus the points versus West Virginia. Currently this line is anywhere from 2 to 2 1/2 points (with more 2 1/2s) out there as I go live on Friday night around 10:30 Eastern. And there is a 3 out there offshore at that one notorious book that seemingly always inflates a favorite by 1/2 point. Clearly, its important you shop for the best price, but 2 1/2 should be what you're getting this one at. Either way, since I do NOT want to get screwed by the hook on a last-second meaningless West Virginia 3-pointer or something, let's buy the half-point and lay -2 with Duke. It's smart and cheap insurance.

Posted : April 3, 2010 9:55 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marty Otto

Mich St +1

Posted : April 3, 2010 9:56 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jason Johnson

Duke vs West Virginia
Pick: Over 130

These two teams combine to average better than 150 points per game and I look for both clubs to play this game at a pretty rapid pace. Duke loves to run the floor and West Virginia loves to shoot the three point shot. There should be plenty of run-outs and chances for easy lay ups on both sides. The 'over' is the play.

Posted : April 3, 2010 10:00 am
(@theunseen)
Estimable Member

Joe Wiz 100% confirmed and purchased!

NBA LOCK OF THE YEAR
LA Lakers (Winner)

COLLEGE BASKETBALL LOCK OF THE YEAR
Duke

Both must win or 5 days free of Late Phone Executive Service!

MILLION DOLLAR PARLAY
Michigan St
Michigan St Under

PAY AFTER YOU WIN (Lost on Friday)
Toronto

LATE PHONE EXECUTIVE (1-1 Friday)
Phoenix
Portland

Posted : April 3, 2010 10:07 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

50 Dime - WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAINEERS

20 Dime - BUTLER BULLDOGS

WEST VIRGINIA - The Mountaineers are tougher, play a more physical brand of basketball, and they know how to get to the line. No disrespect to Duke's free throw shooting because it's pretty darn good, but if you force Duke to get into a physical-style game, they'll settle for more jump shots... and in a game like this it's an absolute MUST to take it to the hole and draw the foul. These two teams hooked up two years ago in this very same tourndment, and the Mounties earned a hard-fought 73-67 win as four-point underdogs. When the AP story came out the next day, this was the third sentence of the article...

"Playing tough man-to-man defense, grabbing what seemed like every loose ball..."

I couldn't have said it better myself. West Virginia will play tough man-to-man defense and I have no doubts their players will win the 50/50 balls with pure hustle and "want to". That's how Bob Huggins teaches basketball. Honestly, I think the better overall x's and o's coach is on the West Virginia bench, and when push comes to shove and it's a close game late in the second half (and you know it will be), my money is on Huggy. I also believe West Virginia has the better athletes, and those athletes play better defense for 40 minutes... not to mention the fact they don't have to rely on the three-ball as much as Duke does.

That's been my biggest problem with Duke all along. I just don't like backing a team that absolutely has to hit the long ball to win games. The only way Duke wins this game is if they hit their season average from distance. And that's not going to be an easy task as West Virginia has played very well, defensiveely, defending the three... allowing just 26% this tournament (and in other neutral site games).

When you look at this game statistically, Duke has the advantage in every single category other than bench scoring. So why, I ask, are the Devils only laying about 2 1/2? Because I think Vegas is begging you to take Duke. Every capper in the country is backing Duke, just about everyone I have talked to LOVES Duke (just like everyone liked Baylor last week), and that's yet another reason I like West Virginia today. The Mountaineers haven't lost a game since February 22nd at UConn... and that was back when the Huskies were playing their best basketball of the year.

Look, I have no doubts the Blue Devils can win this game and cover this number if they hit their long range shots and get to the line... but I don't believe both things will happen against this type of defense. Just ask Kentucky. Take the Mountaineers.

BUTLER - You can't really argue with 24 straight wins, can you? Oh sure, you can criticize their conference all you want and you can call them a mid-major and say they just don't have enough talent to hang with a team like Michigan State. Try telling that to Syracuse, Kansas State, and Ohio State. Those are three top 10 teams the Bulldogs have beaten this season, and if you look at their non-conference schedule you wouldn't be surprised at all that they are in the Final Four. And I'm sick and tired of hearing about George Mason from a few years ago. This isn't George Mason, this is Butler... and these guys have every chance in the world to win this game.

First off, hats off to Tom Izzo. Is there a better coach in college basketball right now? Seriously? This dude has done more with less than any coach in the country, period. But they can only go so far without Kalin Lucas. Not only is this the point guard... the captain of the team... but he's the emotional leader who really keeps this team together. Granted, they beat Tennesee without him, but I just don't see how they can get past a very scrappy, defensive-oriented Butler team that is playing basically in its own back yard. Butler will frustsate MSU, forcing them into bad decisions and ultimately winning this thing at the free throw line. I like Butler to march on to the Championship game Monday night.

Posted : April 3, 2010 10:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wayne Root

Millionaire - Michigan State (+1) over Butler

Posted : April 3, 2010 10:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Degarde

2* Duke -2

1* Butler -1

2* Sacramento Over 194.5

Posted : April 3, 2010 10:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

10* Main Event - Butler -1.5

10* West Va/ Duke Under

Posted : April 3, 2010 11:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VERNON CROY

10* West Virginia

Posted : April 3, 2010 11:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

20 Dime - Duke

10 Dime - MSU/Butler 1st Half Under

Posted : April 3, 2010 11:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andrew Bucciarelli

2* Edmonton at Phoenix Over 5.5 (+100)

Edmonton has been an over machine on the road. The total has gone over 8 of the last 9 trips. Now the visit Phoenix who has hit the over in nearly 70% of their last 14 games. Also, the over is 17-4-2 in the last 23 meetings in Phoenix. I really like the odds here.Take the over.

2* Ottawa (-125) over NY Islanders
Ottawa is a hot team right now. They are on a 6 game winning streak. The Sens are 7-1 in their last 8 vs. Atlantic. Ottawa has had a lot of success against the Islanders. They are 17-5-3 in the last 25 meetings in New York. The Islanders have had trouble against the Northeast going 7-15 in their last 22.Take Ottawa

1* Boston (-130) over Toronto
Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask leads the League with a goals-against average of 1.99 and a save percentage of .930. He is 3-2-0 in his last six with a 1.26 GAA and two shutouts. Boston knows how to play Toronto. The Bruins 8-2 in the last 10 meetings.Take Boston

1* NY Rangers at Florida Under 5 (+115)
The Rangers on the road... usually leads to an under. The Rangers playing on Saturday.... usually leads to an under. The Rangers vs the Eastern Conf... usually leads to an under. Florida has hit the under in 20 of their last 29 games (10-4 under at home). The under has hit in 20 of last 28 games when following a win. Take all that into consideration and add on that the under is 18-7-2 in the last 27 meetings.
I will say it for the 8th time. Take the under

2* St Lou (-155) over Dallas
This is a system play. When these two teams match up I like to take the home team. In this case it is St Louis. The home team is 35-16-5 in the last 56 meetings. Dallas has struggled on the road. Meanwhile, the Blues are 6-2 in their last 8 home games.Take St Lou

Posted : April 3, 2010 11:17 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

3 Units Duke / W.Virginia Under 131

First and foremost, Duke is not used to playing a physical and tough team like West Virginia. The ACC is not a physical conference, and Duke hasn't played any physical teams in the tournament, so I expect them to have a hard time adjusting to West Virginia's style of play. However, the Blue Devils have good size, and they also play tough defense. The Mountaineers don't have the shooting to keep up with the Blue Devils, so they will really try and slow the pace down. West Virginia matches up well with Duke because they are so tough against the three. Duke loves to get their guards open for three pointers, which was the key in their win against Baylor. However, they will really struggle to get good outside shots against West Virginia's very tough perimeter defense. With both teams playing such tough defense, I look for this game to be lower scoring, especially since West Virginia is not a good shooting team. Take the under.

Posted : April 3, 2010 11:39 am
Page 2 / 5
Share: