3* Virginia Tech -1

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

50 Dime – WASHINGTON STATE
15 Dime – ILLINOIS STATE

WASHINGTON STATE - Loving the dogs here today, and I'll start with Washington State at home. Major revenge game, rivalry game, home game. All of these things play in our favor tonight as the Cougar fans have all day to get nice and "waspy" from their pre-game parties so they'll be extra loud when this game tips off. Though it doesn't get as much notoriety as Duke/UNC or Georgetown/Syracuse, the folks up in the Pacific Northwest know how much this means to both teams. And after the beating that Washington put on the Cougars in the last meeting, the coaches, fans and players will be more than motivated to get revenge in their own building tonight.

Washington beat Washington State by 28 in their earlier meeting this year, but a closer look at the numbers saw that Washington State actually owned a 40-36 halftime lead and played well the first few minutes of the second half. But, for whatever reason, Washington State decided they didn't want to play the final 16 minutes and got run out of the gym. This isn't the first time Washington has done this to an opponent and it wasn't the last. That's what they do. They feed off the crowd, especially in the second half, and have often times ruined an opponents' visit to Seattle. But this game, in particular, also showed me that WSU is more than capable of hanging with, and beating, their arch-rival.

Watch for youngster Klay Thompson to absolutely go nuts in front of the home fans tonight. Two reasons. First off, he owes Washington. In the last game vs. Washington he struggled to get 7 total points, including 2-15 shooting from the field and 1-6 from downtown. Thompson has been up and down this year, but he's never posted three straight bad games this season... and since he was very "pedestrian" in his last two games vs. USC and UCLA, he's more than overdue for a big night tonight. Remember, Thompson scored 43 points against San Diego back in November and he started the Pac 10 Conference season with 33 points against Oregon. He was once considered one of the league's best underclassmen, but has fallen on some hard times averaging just 16.3 PPG in conference play.

But if you talk to Washington HC Lorenzo Romar, Thompson is his biggest concern. Romar said he has no doubts Thompson will play better in the rematch because he's seen a couple of shooters like Thompson struggle against the Huskies in Seattle, but then shoot "light's out" in their own gym. Cal's Jerome Randle scored 5 points in Washington but 33 at home while Arizona State's Rihards Kuksiks score 8 at Washington but 27 at home. I'm telling you... watch Thompson tonight... I'm expecting big things.

The Cougars are a respectable 9-4 at home while we all know the struggles the Huskies have away from Edmundson Pavilion (1-6). Not only do they lose on the road, they don't cover either (1-7 ATS in games away from home). Like I said, a home rivalry game with revenge on their minds is enough for me. Plus, I know Washington doesn't play defense, especially on the road, and Washington State does. The Huskies are one team at home and another on the road, and although they don't play good defense at home, it's even worse as a visitor. I'm taking the Cougars as my top play of the day.

ILLINOIS STATE - Don't often get revenge on the road, but I'm liking my chances with the Redbirds getting nearly ten points today. Northern Iowa destroyed Illinois State in their first meeting, but the Redbirds shot only 37% from the field as a team and 16% from the free throw line. I'm not sure what's more insulting.... the fact they shot 16% or the fact they only got to the line 6 times. Both are pitiful, and I guarantee both will change today. Northern Iowa shot 13 of 16 in the first meeting from the line and although they are a good free throw shooting, they don't often get to the line that much more than their opponent. I think two things are playing against the Panthers in this game other than revenge. First, I'm guessing Northern Iowa isn't really excited about this game. How can they be? They've already wrapped up the regular season conference crown, and they showed just how excited they were about playing out the rest of the schedule by losing to lowly Evansville in their last game. I expect the same team to come out today.

Secondly, without Jordan Eglseder in the lineup because of his suspension, this defense just isn't the same. He scored 16 points and grabbed 8 rebounds in the last meeting with Illinois State, leading the team in both categories. Without him, the Panthers just aren't the same team. I'm telling you right now, the Redbirds won't score only 44 points again today and I just don't believe the Panthers have the offense to score outside the 50s. ISU has won six straight SU and has covered three of their last four games. Meanwhile, Northern Iowa has lost two of their last four both SU and ATS. Illinois State has quietly crept to #2 in the conference with Wichita State, and a win today would help them in their quest to lock up the second seed in the conference tourney. Bottom line: The Redbirds want this more and are playing better right now.

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sportsbetsnow

3 Units George Washington -3

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rex Rodgers

3* Finland/Slovakia Under 5.5 -140

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

8 Units on Kansas St. (-5) over Missouri
8 Units on Illinois St. (+8.5) over Northern Iowa
2 Unit Parlay Kansas St./Illinois St.
6 Units on Rutgers (-5) over Depaul
5 Units on Hofstra (-8) over Georgia St.
5 Units on Ball St. (-5) over Toledo

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

3* Michigan
3* Tennessee - High Noon Hanging
3* BYU - Roadkill
3* Oklahoma State
3* UCLA
3* Citadel
3* Rice
3* Montana - Big Sky Conference GOY

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Taylor

1st Report

3* Ohio st -12.5

3* Syracuse -5.5

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Steven Budin

25 Dime - Texas A&M

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

60 Dime - Illinois State

15 Dime - N.C. Charlotte

15 Dime - Providence

Posted : February 27, 2010 9:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

THE KING MAKER

10* ND/Georgetown Under 145.5

Posted : February 27, 2010 10:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Triple Threat Sports

2.5* Cleveland State +1 over Wright State

Wright State is playing third straight away game and third game in seven days, while CSU in exact opposite situation, playing a third straight home game being at home for over a week. WSU is 1-10-1 ATS in their last 12 road contests. Cleveland State is off a loss to Detroit, which appears shocking on the service, but look at the boxscore of that game shows that the Titans shot 71% from three point land, and no team is going to win when a foe is that hot, so we do not hold that loss against CSU all that much. Consider also that WSU won the season's first meeting by nine but shot 18 and made 13 more free throws in that game, an edge that should shift to the Vikings in this one. Finally, this is a meaningless game for WSU, as they are locked into position for the upcoming Horizon tournament while CSU needs a win to improve their positioning.

Posted : February 27, 2010 10:38 am
Page 1 / 6
Share: