53 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

10* PHOENIX SUNS -9

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the home side:

Houston has won back-to-back games against playoff bound teams; suffice to say I expect a letdown tonight in an arena its seen little success in.

Phoenix has grounded the Rockets in three straight games this year; the Suns have averaged more than 110 points in those contests and Amare Stoudemire has averaged nearly 30 points.

Keep in mind that not only is Houston 0-5 ATS its last five vs. the Suns, its also just 3-7 ATS as a road dog 6 1/2 to 9 nine points; just 15-19 ATS revenging a loss vs. an opponents.

On the other side of the court: Phoenix has lost back-to-back games; I expect it to get back on track this evening though in front of the home town crowd.

In fact, the Suns are coming off an embarrassing performance in which they scored just 12 third quarter points en route to a 96-91 loss against the Thunder on Friday night.

Jumping into the fourth spot or better is obviously what this team will try to achieve; “We have to understand that every game now is going to be a playoff game,” Alvin Gentry said.

The Suns are 4-2 ATS their last six overall; 5-0-1 ATS their last six at home.

Bottom line: I expect the Suns to come out firing on all cylinders in this one as they answer Gentry's call; Phoenix has had little problem dispatching of the Rockets so far this season and now with the added motivation of ending the season strong and erasing a couple of sub par efforts from their minds, I feel this line is too low as I expect a blowout; *10* "BIG EA$Y" on PHOENIX!

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:10 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS +4

LA is resting players and really are not in sync with anything. A meaningless game for LA, while Portland in a must win scenario. 7-3 ATS their last 10 against LA, and they have all been lower scoring games. LA is not playing with intensity, Bryant will not play the whole game if any. 14-6-1 ATS on the road for the Blazers their last 21. They are playing with purpose as an underdog. A must take for me. Play 1 Unit on Portland.

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:10 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

MIAMI HEAT -4.5

The Heat currently are sitting sixth in the NBA Eastern Conference playoff standings, just a half game behind the Bucks for the fifth spot. However, more importantly the Heat are still stinging from their home loss to the Pistons on Friday, snapping their nine game winning streak. The Heat lost to the Pistons despite shooting 55% from the field. Their downfall was committing 16 turnovers to only 8 for the Pistons. Another distributing issue was the Heat defense as they allowed 106 points, the first time an opponent has hit the century mark in the last ten games. For the Knicks, defense has been a big problem as they can’t stop anybody. In their past 10 games the Knicks have allowed every opponent to score 100 or more points, winning only three of those 10 games. The Knicks haven’t been able to stop Wade and the Heat as Miami has defeated these Knicks four straight times averaging 112.5 points and an average margin of victory of 14 points. Wade had a subpar game on Friday night against the Pistons scoring only 19 points, and none in the final 13 minutes of the game. Miami has been a good road team this season posting a 23-16 ATS mark and they’re a very strong 26-13 ATS after allowing 105 or more points in the last two years. Look for the Heat to stymie the Knicks offense, and for Wade and his teammates to score at will against a weak NY defense. Our Vegas Icon play is on Miami!

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

LOS ANGELES DODGERS +115

LA Dodgers are scoring 6.2 runs per game overall this year. Florida bullpen has a 10.11 ERA at home this season. LA Dodgers are 6-2 at Florida the past 3 years. Dodgers are 6-2 in their last 8 during game 3 of a series. Dodgers are 6-2 in their last 8 games vs. a right-handed starter. Dodgers are 5-2 in their last 7 road games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Dodgers are 38-16 in their last 54 games with the total set at 9.0-10.5. Marlins are 4-9 in their last 13 games as a home favorite. Marlins are 3-7 in their last 10 games as a favorite. Marlins are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. National League West. Marlins are 0-5 in their last 5 Sunday games. Marlins are 2-6 in Sanchezs last 8 starts during game 3 of a series. Marlins are 2-6 in Sanchezs last 8 starts as a favorite of -110 to -150. We'll play LA Dodgers for 4 units today!

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:11 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

MILWAUKEE BREWERS +135

When the Brewers host the Cardinals at Miller Park tonight they will send Randy Wolf to the hill knowing he is 5-1 in his last six home starts against St. Louis. Wolf is also 4-1 in his last five home starts during the opening month of the season in April. Coming off a solid spring camp in which he posted a 3.15 ERA while issuing only three walks against 18 strikeouts, and rock solid in his opening game this campaign, we'll stay at home with Moyer and the Brew Crew here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Milwaukee.

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

250% Rockets

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

NHL

Colorado Under

Philadelphia Under

Florida

MLB

Florida

Baltimore

Chicago White Sox

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Andre Gomes

Minnesota/New Orleans Over 211

In this contest I was extremely careful in taking the Over as soon the line was opened because after that the line won't come back again! My projected line is 215/217 points.

This will be a typically late game in the season between two teams that haven't anything to fight for and so the word "defense" surely won't be in the players' mind for this contest.

The Wolves have won just one game in the last 10 games and the trend has been the same all season: terrible defense and some quality games on the offensive end depending of the opposing defensive level. Unfortunately for them they faced 3 good defensive teams in the last 4 games - Miami, Oklahoma City and the Lakers and obviously they were shut down in two of those games. Also Al Jefferson did not play the last 2 games and he is their best offensive option down low so the Wolves struggled in some games.

The good news is that tonight they will face the Hornets… and the Hornets simply don't play defense anymore. The Wolves are only behind the Warriors and the Pacers in possessions per game and I believe that tonight's contest will be a pure "run and gun" showdown.

For the Hornets, Chris Paul is done for the season and honestly this isn't bad for them because he was really struggling since his return. Darren Collison is running the show and he has pushing the tempo of the game in every opportunity. The Hornets have allowed their opponents to reach the century mark in points in 6 of the last 7 games!

The series is 3-0 for the Hornets and every single contest ended with the "Under" cashing. In my opinion this is the biggest reason for the today's line being underrated and I'll take that because the circumstances have changed since the last game - 01/22!

Take the Over in here as my Single Dime Play.

Pick: 3 units (Single Dime Play) on Over 211

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Cardinals at Brewers
Pick: Cardinals -143

The Cardinals are 6-0 in their last 6 meetings in Milwaukee and I expect the winning to continue for Saint Louis. The Cardinals are 93-39 in Chris Carpenter's last 132 starts and 25-5 in his last 30 starts with 5 days of rest. The Brewers are 0-5 in their last 5 games as a home underdog of +110 to +150. Milwaukee is 0-8 when revenging a home loss vs. an opponent of 6 runs or more over the last 2 seasons, losing in these spots by an average score of 6.0 to 3.6. Let's cash in with the Cards.

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DB SPORTS CONSULTANTS

3* Colorado -1.5 -130

2* NY Yankees / Tampa Bay Under 9

2* Chicago -2.5

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer

Ultimate Knockout - LA Angels

Posted : April 11, 2010 12:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* NY Rangers Under
50* Miami Heat
30* Arz Over
30* Tigers Over
30* Seattle Over
50* Stl Cards
50* Yankees

200* Steam Portland

Posted : April 11, 2010 12:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Toronto (+107) or 2 Units

The Blue Jays have gotten out of the gate well with good pitching. And opening day starter Shaun Marcum was no exception after all, he held a Texas scoreless up until the 7th inning before running into trouble. It appears his should problems are behind him and he can turn i some quality innings here. And the Blue Jays' bullpen is doing good work (2.38 ERA). Toronto is 8-3 in Marcum's last 11 road starts in the 7 to 8' 'total' range. On the other hand, Kevin Millwood gave up only 2 ER in his opening however, at a closer look, he only went 5 innings , threw 100 pitches, and got spanked for 9 hits including a HR. Toronto is 8-3 vs starters with a WHIP of greater than 1.30. With the Orioles at a money burning 6-22 vs a team with a winning % above .600, we'll grab the Blue Jays here.

Posted : April 11, 2010 12:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JEFFERSON SPORTS

ST LOUIS UNDER 7.5

Posted : April 11, 2010 12:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PPP

3% Portland