61 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

WASHINGTON WIZARDS -1

Love the way this game sets up. The Nets are coming off what has to be the upset of the NBA season. Last night, the Nets went into Boston and stunned the Celtics, 104-96. I don't see how the Nets cannot be flat tonight coming off that HUGE win last night, and there won't be much of a home crowd to pump them up. That was only the Nets sixth win of the entire season and they have NOT won back-to-back games at all this season. New Jersey is also 0-14 SU on the second of back-to-back games this season, and we're basically just asking the Wizards to win this game given the short line.

I also find it interesting that the Nets have home games against the East's best teams, Cleveland and Orlando, up next. After beating Boston (another East power), I expect the Nets to be looking ahead to those next two games simply because it gives them two more chances to knock off the NBA's elite.

The Wizards, who are 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings in New Jersey, are coming off back-to-back home losses. But they've been playing well, as they shot 50.6% from the field in those two losses. And they had won three of four games prior to those losses. The Wizards have already beaten the Nets twice this season, but New Jersey's win over Boston last night will keep the Wizards from looking past this game. In fact, that should actually have them motivated tonight.

Bottom line: Just a very bad spot for the absolute worst team in the league. Off a HUGE upset win over Boston and with the Cavs and Magic up next, the Nets are sure to be "off" in this one. The Wizards have been playing decent basketball and they should be motivated coming off two losses and playing a team that just beat Boston. Lay the short number with Washington.

Posted : February 28, 2010 1:43 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: