56 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FREDDY WILLS

4-Dime POD - Tenn -1.5

The overall length and athleticism on the side for the Volunteers will be a little bit overwhemlming for the Spartans I believe. Tenn, knocked out the best team out of the Big Ten in Ohio State and now they have to take down Michigan St. a team playing without Lucas. I think it will really hurt them here because Lucas is a real scoring option and Lucious at 5"11 170 will have issues with Maze 6'2 195. Tenn is pretty much bigger at every position and I expect it to have an impact on rebounding and overall defense. The line opened up at pk but has moved to -1.5 and even -2 in favor of the Vols. Bruce Pearl gets to the Final Four with a talented Vols team today.

Posted : March 28, 2010 11:39 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Unlimited

5* Mich St

Posted : March 28, 2010 11:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TOM STRYKER

4* Michigan State

Posted : March 28, 2010 11:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DB Sports Consultants, Inc.

2* San Antonio +3

3* Baylor +5

2* Baylor/Duke Under 138.5

Posted : March 28, 2010 11:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RedZone

Tennessee

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:09 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Tennessee -1.5

Just cannot ignore what Tennessee has done. They are the real deal, and I did not think so coming in here. Michigan State struggled with a feisty but not deeply talented or tall No. Iowa team, but Tennessee has been on thing in this tourney, Consistent, and that has been their downfall all year. When they are consistent and crash the board, they can play with anyone. Michigan State has won 3 thrillers and bared eaked it out in each game, Tenn. the best team they have seen off a shut down convincing win against a powerful Ohio State. Play 1 Unit on Tennessee.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Michigan St +1.5

It is a given that both teams can play great defense. However, if you look at the teams that played sloppy so far (i.e. Syracuse and Kentucky), they all have one thing in common-they are no longer in the tournament. In a tight and defensive battle, Tennessee will end up on the wrong side today. Tom Izzo is one of the best coaches in the business. His experience alone is critical for the Spartans to pull through this game. Somehow, Michigan State seems like they are always in the Final Four every year. The Vols had a nice run but they are not a Final Four caliber team and their style of play is too playground-ish to defeat a well-coached, fundamental and powerful Spartan team. It is beyond me that the Spartans are not the favorite here. Take Michigan State.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

FANTASY SPORTS GAMETIME

1000* Michigan St +1.5
50* Baylor +5
50* Indiana +8

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

C STAR SPORTS

1000 Units Baylor vs Duke OVER THE TOTAL
50 Units Golden State plus the points over Clippers
50 Units Chicago/Detroit under the total

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy June

10* Tennessee -2

10* Baylor +5

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Baylor / Duke Under 140

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the "under"

The Bears have only made it to the Final Four twice in school history (back in the 50's).

They've set a school record for wins this season.

It's had double digit victories over Sam Houston State, Old Dominion and then crushed Saint Mary's 72-49 last Friday to make it to the Elite 8.

“We’re never intimidated by anybody no matter who we play,” said Tweety Carter, Baylor’s senior point guard.
Baylor has seen the total go "under" the number in two of its last three overall and now faces an extremely tough Blue Devils defense.

On the other side of the court: Duke is looking to advance to the Final Four for its 11th time under Coach K.

Duke is going to be in tough today against Baylor's zone defines which held the Gaels to just 35% shooting; just 6 of 22 from behind the arc!

The Bears are big in the middle and rotate quickly to the perimeter; the Blue Devils will have to play a methodical/patient game today.

Keep in mind that the total has gone "under" the number in six of Duke's last seven overall.

Bottom line: It's also important to point out that Duke has seen the total go "under" the number in eight of eleven vs. good offensive teams that score 77-plus points per contest; meaning of course that it saves its best defensive play for elite teams.

No need to over analyze this one; when taking into account all of the above factors, the sharp money in this one is indeed on the UNDER!

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Minnesota +9

When the Timberwolves host the Suns Sunday evening at the Target Center in Minneapolis they will look to average a 152-114 loss they suffered 12 days ago in Phoenix. That loss was the most points ever allowed by Minnesota in their franchise history. Meanwhile, the Suns enter off a 36-point same season revenge romp at home against the Knicks Friday night, with another revenge affair up next against Chicago. That sets the table for this play as non division home dogs with a win percentage of .166 or greater who won more than 21 games the previous year are 10-0 ATS when playing off a previous home loss against an opponent off a win of 20 or more points. Furthermore, Phoenix is 3-18 SU and ATS away off a same season revenge win from Game 72 out with a revenge game next when taking on an avenging opponent, including 0-5 ATS when laying points in this role. Grab the points with the red-faced Timberwolves here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Minnesota.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

Baylor / Duke Under 139

The first thing that caught my eye in this one is the pace at which these teams play. Out of 347 Division I teams, Duke ranks #227 in tempo according to Pomeroy, while the Bears rank #238. The next thing that made me take the UNDER was looking at the scores of the games these two have played so far in this tournament. Average total points in Baylor's three games: 130.7; Average total points in Duke's three games: 121.7. Both teams are playing stellar defense in The Big Dance. Baylor is allowing 58.7 points per game on 37% shooting, while Duke is allowing 51.3 points per game on 36% shooting. Expect more slower pace and more solid D in this one. I have this total ending up somewhere between 132 and 135, so I'll gladly take the UNDER.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

Baylor +5

Duke finally has to face a team that can challenge them. They have had a rather easy path to the Elite 8 by beating a Purdue team without Kyle Hummel, California, and Arkansas Pine-Bluff. However, Baylor has size all over the court and some of the best guards in the country. The Bears are much more battle tested than the Blue Devils, as they have had to play a tough Old Dominion team and a St. Mary’s team that had defeated quality opponents in Richmond and Villanova. Duke has built up an impressive record by defeating many less than stellar teams in the ACC, but they haven’t faced the best teams in the country. I feel that Baylor is vastly under-rated here while Duke is over-rated based on public perception and the weakness of the ACC with the tougher opponents in the Big 12. Finally, the Bears get to play almost a home game by having this contest in Houston. Baylor will have a substantial edge in the fan base because of the close proximity to their school. Look for Baylor to keep this game very close and don’t be surprised if they win outright, even in dominating fashion.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Baylor +4.5

This will be the third time we've played Baylor in the Tournament. The previous two were are 2nd Round and Sweet 16 Games of the Year and as you know the latter could not have been any easier with the Bears jumping out to a monstrous lead over upstart St Mary's by halftime (led 54-19 at one point!) and never looking back. We've noted in both previous writeups that not a lot of people know about this team and that was evident with the small lines against a pair of double-digit seeds. Now they find themselves as an underdog against Duke and quite frankly we're surprised at that too. Remember, this is essentially a a home game for Baylor with the contest being played in Houston, not far from their campus in Waco. They are 5-3 L8 ATS and 14-8 ATS L22 as an underdog. Duke has not been a good road team all season long with all five losses coming away from Cameron Indoor and they are just 1-5 ATS laying six or less points on a neutral court. The Blue Devils are not built to compete with the length, size and athleticism of the Bears. Baylor is our CBB Oddsmaker Mismatch.

Posted : March 28, 2010 12:45 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: