49 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Fantasy Sports Gametime

1000* Play Los Angeles (+3.5) over Boston

Los Angeles has won 24 of the last 28 games coming off an upset win as an underdog and they have also won 22 of the last 30 games when playing 4 or less games in 10 days. Los Angeles has won 10 of the last 13 games vs. Atlantic Division Opponents and they are averaging over 104 points a game on offense in the playoffs this season.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:44 am
(@canyondog03)

Jimmy Boyd

5* NBA Finals Total of the Year on Lakers/Celtics UNDER 190.5
In the last two games of this series, neither team has shot better than 44.7 percent. I expect the defensive intensity to remain high in Game 4 with the Celtics especially taking things up another notch as this is a must-win game for them. As a result, I expect to see Game 4 come in well Under the number as well. The Lakers are 9-1 Under after allowing 85 points or less this season. Boston is 12-4 Under when revenging a home loss vs. an opponent this season. In addition, the Under is a perfect 4-0 in the Celtics' last 4 games as a home favorite of 4.5 or fewer points. Also, we can't overlook how good of a job the Lakers are doing of getting back on defense to slow down Boston's transition game. Defense wins championships and both of these teams know that. Defense should also keep us Under this number. Best of Luck!

3* NBA Finals SMASH on Celtics -3.5
It's do-or-die time for Boston, and I like the Celtics to rise to the occasion. Right away, I love the fact that the Celtics are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. loss. Plus, we still can't overlook the fact that the Lakers are only 4-10-1 ATS in the last 15 meetings in this matchup. Rondo wasn't nearly as aggressive offensively in Game 3 as he was in Game 2. Boston just kept running sets to get Ray Allen shots, and Allen kept missing them. I expect Rondo to be a much more aggressive offensively tonight, and that will be the key to Boston's success. In addition, expect the Celtics to take things up another notch on the defensive end. Boston knows it's right back in this series if it can win this game, and it also knows it will be an up hill battle if it doesn't. Expect Boston to leave it all out on the floor to come away with the "W" and the cover.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Fina

Celtics

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer

Heavy Hitter - CWS

Total Knockout - Cubs Under

GOM - Tampa

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:15 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

3 Units Toronto Blue Jays

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Master Sports

5* Celtics Over
4* Celtics
3* Mets-GM-2
3* Houston
3* Toronto

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:28 am
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Dave Cokin

Matchup: San Francisco at Cincinnati
Time: 12:35 PM EDT (Thu)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) WELLEMEYER, T vs. (R) LEAKE, M

Play: Cincinnati (ML -165)

This is the biggest price I've laid in any game this season, but this is also one case where I believe it be totally justified. Todd Wellemeyer is on the hill for the Giants, and he's been beyond brutal on the road. Wellemeyer is 0-4 and his ERA is an insane 10.62. In fact, there was apparently some serious consideration that the Giants might recall Madiso Bumgarner from Fresno to bump Wellemeyer here, but it didn't work out all that well from a scheduling standpoint, plus Bumgarner is probably looking at a suspension after getting steamed in his last start and throwing a ball into the outfield after getting ejected for arguing. So it's Wellemeyer and the Reds figure to be at batting practice early to get ready for this one. Mike Leake continues to be outstanding for the Reds, and I thought he might come as high as -200 today. Even at the substantial impost, I think this is a bit of a bargain on the home team, so I'm laying the wood with the Reds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup: Detroit at Chi. White Sox
Time: 2:05 PM EDT (Thu)
Listed pitchers must go: (R) SCHERZER, M vs. (L) DANKS, J

Play: Detroit (ML +120) Solid Gold Play

The White Sox exploded on Wednesday night, scoring 15 runs and blowing out the Tigers. But make no mistake, this is a pretty lousy Chisox entry and I'm looking for spots to play against them when they're favored. I think today's game fits nicely. John Danks is a quality starter, but talented Max Scherzer looks a lot more stable since getting a wake up call with a trip to AAA. Scherzer has thrown the ball well in his two starts since returning, even though his numbers were not very good last time out. Detroit is clearly the better team offensively, and Danks has struggled to get wins at home again this year, despite several decent performances. I see enough value in the Tigers as underdogs to warrant making the play today.

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Fargo

10* Celtics -3

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

4* Lakers/Celtics Under 190.5

4* Cubs +120

4* Giants/Reds Over 8.5 POD

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

4 Units Celtics -3.5

4 Units Cubs -125

4 Units A's +100

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

60 Dime Celtics

First off, the zigzag theory is in full effect here, with the Lakers winning Games 1 and 3 convincingly, and Boston taking the middle contest (in Los Angeles). In retrospect, it’s not very surprising as these are two evenly matched squads. Remember, they split two regular-season games, with each winaing on the other’s home court by a single point. That means these teams have alternated wins and losses in their five clashes this season.

So even without factoring in anything else, I’d be comfortable coming BIG with the Celtics tonight. The fact Boston is in an absolute must-win situation – there’s no chance the C’s are winning three in a row vs. the Lakers, including Games 6 and 7 in Los Angeles – makes me even MORE confideent that Boston is the right side tonight. And even though Kobe and his posse would never in a million years admit it, the Lakers are at a psychological disadvantage tonight because they stole Game 3. It’s only natural for L.A. – especially with head cases like Lamar Odom and Ron Artest – to relax a bit tonight. Not for the entire game, but just stretches here and there, which is exactly what happened in the Game 2 loss at home.

Now let’s focus on what the Celtics have done in these playoffs when coming off a loss.

They fell to Miami 101-92 in Game 4 in the opening round, and bounced back with a 96-86 home win as a 7-point favorite to close out the series.

They fell 101-93 in Cleveland in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals, and bounced back with a 104-86 blowout win as a six-point underdog in Game 2.

They fell 124-95 to the Cavs at home in the very next game (as a one-point chalk), and bounced back with a 97-87 win as a 1½-point home underdog in the next game.

They fell 96-92 in overtime in Game 4 against Orlando in the Eastern Conference semifinals, then went to Orlando for Game 5 and were victimized by horrendous officiating in a 113-92 loss. However, they came right back and put the Magic away with a 96-84 rout as a 3 ½-point home favorote in Game 6.

Finally, they fell 102-89 at Los Angeles in Game 1 of this series, only to rebound with a 103-94 win as a six-point pup on Sunday.

That puts Boston at 5-1 SU and ATS when coming off a loss in these playoffs, and all five wins were very easy (and as noted above, the one loss was an officiating disgrace!).

Finally, the Lakers have won consecutive road games just once in these playoffs (Games 3 and 4 of a sweep of Utah a month ago). Take away the Jazz series, and L.A. is just 3-5 SU and ATS as a visitor in the postseason.

Bottom line: The Celtics are winning this game tonight, and if history is any indication – their five previous playoff wins when coming off a defeat were by an average of 11.8 ppg – it’s not going to be close at all.

Your 60 Dime NBA Playoffs Winner #2 in a Row is the Celtics, and we’ll call for a 103-88 final.

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Erin Rynning

Boston Under 190

Posted : June 10, 2010 11:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

50* SD GM 1
50* Cubs Un
50* TB -1.5
100* Red Sox Un
200* Chi W Sox

50* Celtics
50* Over

Posted : June 10, 2010 12:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KIKI SPORTS

1 Unit Phily -165

1 Unit White Sox -135

1 Unit Boston -1.5 -130

Posted : June 10, 2010 2:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Celtics -3.5

This is the NBA. The NBA is about making money and a short series is what no one wants, from David Stern to the refs. Rest assured Boston played deplorable in Game 3, got ribbed numerous times by bad calls on the refs, and were out coached big time. I doubt Ray Allen stinks it up and I think the defense will stiffen up and the Celtics take one at home here without question tonight. The Garden will be electric, everyone will have their A game and the under still may be in play in this one and worth a look as well. Look for Boston to even the series here with a 5-7 point win. It will be a tight one, so hang on. Play 1 Unit on Boston

Posted : June 10, 2010 2:21 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: