Power Play Wins

Florida -13

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Gonzaga +2 over St. Johns

Gonzaga went out and played a tough schedule early in the year and I think it will help them tremendously in the NCAA Tournament. St. Johns will be without Kennedy who is one of their best players and the only real positive this team has going for them is they have a lot of seniors on the court. Gonzaga has a huge size advantage and they are better in all scoring categories. On defense the Bulldogs will grab a lot of rebounds and make sure St. Johns does not get second chances. Seniors can keep you in the game, but Gonzaga is on a huge run winning nine straight and are a much better basketball team at this point in time. Take Gonzaga.

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

300 Florida
250 Princeton
250 St Johns
250 Kansas St

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1500* UCLA

I am sorry, but I am not a believer in this Michigan State team at all. Yes, the Spartans have been to back-to-back Final Fours, but this year's team is obviously a flawed team that will be one-and-done against a UCLA team that has played their best roundball here at the end of the campaign.

Yes, the Bruins did get romped in their Pac 10 tourney opener, but I think that only gives us added value with the Uclans who have the size, the speed, and the depth to give the wildly inconsistent Spartans fits all night long in Tampa.

UCLA sports wins in 13 of their last 17 games, and they have covered in 4 of their last 5, while Michigan State has split their last 6 games straight up. True, the Spartans win over Purdue in the Big 10 tournament was pretty impressive, but those kind of victories have been the exception and not the norm for Old Sparty this season.

My feeling is the price on this game is more of a sign of "respect" for State's pedigree, but I am telling you I feel this UCLA team has the make up of a squad that will be dancing into the second week of this tournament.

Mark me down for a play on UCLA!

500* Penn State

Highly impressed with the Nittany's strong showing in the Big 10 conference tournament, and also like their veteran guard play - especially in this one-and-done format.

Temple is a solid team, but their track record of late in the Dance sure does not instill much confidence. The Owls have lost in the opening round the last 3 years, and if this game stays close, you can be sure that the Temple players will be feeling that added pressure to get that rather dubious monkey off their backs.

Penn State is currently on a 14-5 spread run, and they should have covered against Ohio State in the conference final on Sunday.

Talor Battle is a star in the making, and I am gonna side with Penn State plus any points as I feel they will send the Owls on the long flight back to Philadelphia with their 4th straight first round loss.

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:52 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS BANK

400 Northern Colorado

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:53 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Unlimited

5* Clemson

3* Temple

Posted : March 17, 2011 11:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EZWINNERS

5* Bucknell
3* Wofford
2* Utah St
2* St Johns

Posted : March 17, 2011 4:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

35 Dime UCLA
35 Dime UC Santa Barbara
35 Dime Cincinnati
25 Dime Vandy
25 Dime Bucknell
25 Dime Wofford
15 dime Old Dominion
15 dime Kansas St
15 dime Gonzaga

Posted : March 17, 2011 4:42 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

California Sports

Opening Round GOY

Cincinnati

Posted : March 17, 2011 4:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

UCLA (+2) for 2.5 Units

Mich State has been a huge disappointment this season and we don't believe they can turn an "on" switch to take corrective action on NCAA Basketball's biggest stage. Sure, Izzo has a reputation as being a great tournament coach, but he is not a magician; after all, Michigan State's suspensions, defensive lapses, and offensive struggles need more than time to correct. It will take a monumental effort to re-energize the Spartans to make a run. We'll look for the Bruins, which have been a more balanced team on both ends of the court this season, to deliver here. Bruins are 4-1 ATS off a double-digit loss at home and should show their best effort under veteran tournament HC Howland.

Posted : March 17, 2011 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

2* Belmont +4.5

Belmont is a very experienced team and played well against tournament teams Tennessee (twice) and Vanderbilt. They also showed good improvement throughout the season. Statistically Belmont is better than Wisconsin in several categories, but that's obviously because they play in a much weaker conference. The Badgers have shown an ability to play down to their opponent, especially away from home. That was evident by how they lost to Penn State in the Big 10 tournament on a neutral court. Also, Wisconsin is not a high scoring team, which makes it much harder to beat an experienced team by margin on a neutral court. I expect this game to be very close and back and forth, making the 4.5 points a great opportunity.

Posted : March 17, 2011 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

20* Wofford

Fairway Jay

20* Bucknell

Rob Veno

20* Wisconsin Over

Donnie Black

20* Bucknell