ATS LOCK CLUB

3 Units Denver +6.5

Posted : April 13, 2010 3:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Toronto Blue Jays -107

White Sox pitcher Gavin Floyd has not won in his last three starts and will be going against a much-improved Toronto team. Floyd has not pitched well against the Blue Jays historically, while the White Sox have never faced Romero. I am a big fan of taking pitchers against teams that they have never faced before and this is a very favorable opportunity. It takes the other teams' sluggers a few innings to get used to the way the pitches are thrown. Take Toronto.

Posted : April 13, 2010 3:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Toronto (-109) for 3 Units

Toronto is off to a good start and should do well in this spot. Toronto plays the favorite role well at 7-1 and they sport a good history vs Gavin Floyd. Floyd controls a lofty 8.10 ERA in three starts vs Toronto. And the ChiSox are 1-8 on the road in this "total" range with Floyd. Toronto is driving in runs now and should get the best of him while giving run support to Ricky Romero. Romero was sharp in his season debut at Texas (1 ER in 7 IP); moreover, he now controls a 1.61 ERA over his last 5 April starts. With Chicago struggling at this ball park (1-10), we'll look for the Blue Jays to bounce back with a win here.

Posted : April 13, 2010 3:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brian Edwards

Giants -1.5 +121

I backed the Giants for an easy winner last night in their 9-3 win over Pittsburgh. I like San Francisco again in this spot, going the money-line route for 'plus' money rather than risk the expensive straight price. Bruce Bochy's squad is off to a 6-1 start, getting outstanding pitching and solid hitting to date.

Posted : April 13, 2010 3:58 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Orioles

A's

Posted : April 13, 2010 4:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Freddy Wills

2.5 Dime Play - Yankees RL +105

4.5 Dime POD - A's -134

I really like this match up specifically because Brett Anderson is the real deal. The lefty is 3-1 vs. Seattle with a 1.86 ERA in 5 game starts since his MLB debut against them. The Mariners have really struggled to score runs and it won't get much easier vs. a top young lefty like Anderson. Mariners on the season have a .188 avg against south paws. The bullpen from the A's has been stellar at 1.93 ERA so I feel comfortable despite them being on the road here.

Mariners send Doug Fister who has some success against the A's, but still struggles to go deep into games which was the case with 4 IP and 96 pitches in his first outing this year. I think he struggles again here against an A's team that is just playing at a top level this early in the season. Mariners are 1-6 in Fister last 7 starts when the total is set at 7-8.5.

Posted : April 13, 2010 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

Oakland A's -135

Posted : April 13, 2010 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

3* Bulls -5.5
3* Denver +6.5
3* Seattle +122
1* Golden St +7.5

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

8* White Sox +110

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the visitors:

Gavin Floyd is really coming into his own and I believe will get the better of his counterpart tonight.

He gave up two runs on five hits in Thursday's game against the Indians; over six innings he struck out seven while allowing just three walks.

In the other dugout: Ricky Romero looked sharp enough in his debut, but got the no decision. Romero was 6-7 with a 4.85 ERA in night games a year ago.

Bottom line: Althought the White Sox have struggled at the Rogers Center in the past, the additions of Andruw Jones and Mark Teahen has transformed this team and their power was on display last night.

I believe the Jay's will suffer a letdown after last nights loss and believe the Sox will remain hot at the plate; look for Gavin to do just enough to secure the victory; play on the WHITE SOX!

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lineback

Denver +6.5

Denver are built for the playoffs, and historically play their best basketball vs. the top-tier teams' in the league. Tonight their playoffs begin early in Phoenix. With a win, the Nuggets will win the NBA Northwest, and lock up a #3 seed in the Playoffs. Lawson is back, and key for Denver, is Kenyon Martin's return two games ago. Too many points in this situation, for a team that has a legitimate chance at a straight up 'W.' Take Denver.

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Denver +6

Two things at work here. Number one is the division title for the Nuggets who will NO DOUBT have their A Game tonight. Denver can win the NW division tonight in a place where they have dropped 10 straight and were blasted by double digits last time in here. Denver is playing better defense than the Suns and have a frontcourt advantage and not sure of the Suns motivation here either. Denver has some serious mindset headed into this one, and with something on the line in their final regular season game, getting points here is a gift. Play 2 Units on Denver.

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Baltimore +115

Tampa Bay went into Baltimore yesterday and took the first game of the three game series. The Rays pounded out 12 hits in the 5-1 win. Meanwhile, it’s been an awful start for the O’s as they have dropped six of their first seven games. There only win was against this Tampa Bay team in the third game of the season. Tonight’s pitching matchup has Matusz for Baltimore and Niemann for Tampa Bay. This was the same matchup in that produced the one Baltimore win. Matusz showed why he is one of the top young pitchers in baseball allowing only two hits and striking out seven Ray batters. Niemann left that game early after hitting nailed by a line drive on his pitching shoulder. The O’s were profitable last year at night versus righties posting a 21-16 record ($+625). Tampa Bay is listed as a -$125 road favorite, not a very good role for the Devil Rays as they are only 10-24 over the past two seasons as road favorites of -$125 or less. Look for the Birds to get back on track behind their young lefty. Play on Baltimore!

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Phoenix -6.5

When the Suns host the Nuggets in the final home game of the season for Phoenix tonight they will do so knowing that .617 or greater NBA teams in the Last Home Game of the season, playing with rest against an unrested opponent, are 13-1-1 ATS this decade provided the foe is not off back-to-back wins, including 8-0 ATS if the visiting team played at home the previous day. In addition, the Suns are 17-1 SU and 14-3-1 ATS at home in this series whenever the Nuggets are playing without rest, including 8-0 SU and 7-0-1 ATS if they are not laying double-digits. Look for more of the same here this evening. We recommend a 3-unit play on Phoenix.

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

3 Units: Toronto -120

Toronto suffered a tough defeat last night to Chicago, but I expect them to bounce back tonight. The Blue Jays allowed the White Sox to score a 9th inning run after they held the lead going in, then Chicago proceeded to win the game in extra innings. However, the White Sox send Gavin Floyd to the mound tonight, who has had a strong home/road dichotomy in his performance over the years. In fact, the difference in his pitching at home compared to on the road is one of the biggest of any pitcher. Toronto has the better line-up right now in my opinion. Their hitters performed well yesterday, and I expect them to bounce back and get the home win at a good price.

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EXECUTIVE

250% Phoenix Suns

Posted : April 13, 2010 5:39 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: