51 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

7* Oklahoma City +6.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the visitors:

While many feel the Lakers will regain control of this series with a concerted effort at home, I feel differently.

Although LA may win this game outright, I believe the Thunder will keep this one close down the stretch.

Oklahoma City has exposed the Lakers and I believe their run and gun style of play, and converting points on the fast break will carry over to La La Land.

Also keep in mind that the Thunder are in fact 4-1 ATS their last five overall; 5-1 ATS their last six vs. LA.

On the other side of the court: The Lakers were embarrassed 110-89 in Game 4.

While they'll surely look to push the tempo of this game, and get out of the half court set, and look to exploit the matchup issues down low that Gasol and Bynum can create, I just don't think this team has a lot of gas left in it.

If Kobe doesn't have have a huge game; the Lakers aren't going to win anything; they don't look like a Championship team that's playing with any "heart" or "desperation" whatsoever.

Remember as well, the Lakers are a poor 1-6 ATS their last seven overall; 1-4 ATS their last five at home.

Bottom line: Expect Oklahoma City to stick to the game plan and to run tired old LA out of the building; look for the THUNDER to improve to 11-3 ATS when playing with two days of rest and 7-2 ATS as a road dog of 3 1/2 to 6 points and for the Lakers to fall to 1-4 ATS as a home favorite of 3 1/2 to 6 points;

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Dallas -5

Not allot to say here. Back against the wall against a team until he playoffs the Mavs dominated 8 out of 10 games. Elimination game on their homecourt? I doubt the Spurs bench can support like game 4 in this one and Dallas at home will play tough as hell in this one against a hated rival. I have a feeling the Mavs EXPLODE in this one and set the tone for the next game, but extreme focus will be KEY for Dallas. They will have it. The Mavs head coach has brought a team back from a 1-3 deficit to win a series before, and while rare, I think they get this one at home tonight by 10 points. Play 1 Unit on Dallas.

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

Cincinnati +110

Reds head out on the road after losing two of three to San Diego. Meanwhile the Astros have saved their season by winning eight of the last ten, after opening the season with eight straight losses. The Reds had their way with Houston last season winning 12 of the 16 games. The Red’s start Harang tonight and he hasn’t pitched very well so far this season. However, he’s a very good pitcher to back on the road as an underdog of $1.50 or less posting a 31-23 team start record (+15.4 units). Houston starts Norris and he’s been plain awful at home this season. In his two starts he’s posted a 7.04 ERA. We like the Reds to beat up Norris tonight. Play on Cincinnati.

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Chicago +12

When the Cavs host the Bulls in Game Five of this opening round series they will do so knowing that .666 or greater playoff home teams off a win of 20 or more points in which they scored 115 or more points are 0-12 ATS when facing an opponent that scored less than 100 points in its last game. Look for the Bulls to improve on their 34-17-2 ATS mark as a playoff dog here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Chicago.

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Evan Altemus

3 Units Boston -6.5

Boston is obviously the better team in this series. However, Miami was able to avoid getting swept because of a huge performance by Dwayne Wade at home. That game was nice for the Heat, but there won’t be a repeat performance in Game 5. The Celtics are a strong defensive team and will make sure they clamp down on Wade in this game. The Heat simply don’t have anyone else who can help offensively when Wade isn’t carrying the scoring. Boston has really dominated Miami when they have brought any kind of effort. I look for them to come out strong in this game after getting embarrassed by the Heat and Wade in their last game. Look for the Celtics to win this game by double digits at home.

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

100* LAL
100* Clev un

50* Hou ov
50* Oak un
100* Phillies ov

50* Det.

Posted : April 27, 2010 5:40 pm