Frank Patron

10000 Unit College Hoops Lock

Cincinnati Bearcats -1.5

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SCOTT SPREITZER

I'm playing the Timberwolves on Wednesday night. Minnesota has been a serious money-maker of late, cashing eight of their last nine tickets. Last time out they even knocked off heavily favored Utah, 110-108, in Salt Lake. Tonight, they have a shot at their first two game win streak of the season, and a shot to avenge a pair of defeats to the Clippers already this season. LAC won both meetings at home, but Minnesota covered both. The T-Wolves fell 93-90 and 91-87 in Los Angeles. Obviously, with the close final scores, you can see that the T-Wolves had their chances to win both games. When Kurt Rambis took the coaching job in Minneapolis, he knew it would take time to introduce the "Triangle" attack to his new team. While they are just 4-21 SU, they are playing much better basketball as evidenced by the big ATS run. They are 3-6 SU after winning just one of their first 16 games. As mentioned, they took the Clippers to the wire twice in those first 16 outings, but lost by an average of 15.3 ppg in their other 13 losses. Their last six losses have come by just 8.3 ppg, and they have faced stiff opposition. As they begin to see a little light at the end of the tunnel, they're hosting a team that they know they can beat, and one that has been a horrible bankroll burner away from home. The Clippers have covered just nine of their last 32 road games. They have also covered just 22 of their last 67 when playing on just one day of rest. The Clippers have been welcomed competition to teams with losing home records, going 0-4 ATS the last four times. The T-Wolves have been perfect when playing with one day of rest, going 4-0, 100% ATS, and they have covered five of their last six against losing teams. Those final three situations add up to a 13-1 spot on the home team. The T-Wolves have played their best basketball against the Jazz and the Clippers. They have beaten Utah twice, and now grab their first win of the season over LAC. I'm playing the Timberwolves on Wednesday night.

I'm playing Cincinnati on Wednesday night. Bearcat coach Mick Cronin said he's happy to be on the road as he looks to refocus his team following their overtime loss to Xavier. UC heads to Birmingham ranked 25th in the nation, and they're actually 6-0 in regulation, with both losses (Gonzaga & Xavier) coming in overtime. Cronin has been pleased with his team's progress, but wants to challenge the "big boys" of the Big East this season. The most improved part of this season's team is their depth. Cinci has had some problems with their reserve players over the last couple of seasons, and the team has worn down when the starters needed a break. But this year's squad goes 10-deep. Nine players have seen action in all eight games, while a 10th player has played in seven games. All 10 of those players are averaging at least 9 minutes played per contest. In fact, it's UAB who has the depth problems this season. Mike Davis' Blazers are off to an 8-1 start. They have looked pretty decent, but against soft opposition, for the most part. The Blazers returned just one starter from last year's edition, and Davis has a total of nine newcomers on the roster. Injuries and academic problems have hurt the Blazer bench in the past. This season, it's primarily due to new players, and the fact that they just aren't as talented as they were a couple of years ago. Last April, this team had just five scholarship players on the roster and Davis was flirting with the idea of taking his coaching expertise to Washington State. He decided to hang around, and now must rebuild, practically from the ground floor. As you can see, while they are 8-1, I just don't believe this team is nearly as good as their record. Only seven players have seen action in at least eight games this season. Two regulars, forwards Cameron Moore and Ovie Soko are both questionable for tonight's game. UAB has relied on their backcourt, especially Elijah Milsap. But tonight, they'll face the best backcourt they have seen this season, led by Deonta Vaughn, who scores in double-figures, while posting a 4.0 to 1.9 assist-to-turnover ratio. Cinci plays outstanding team defense and I believe they're going to wear down the depth-shy Blazers. The Bearcats hold the opposition to 38% shooting. They force four more turnovers per game than assists allowed per game. Cronin's troops out-rebound their opponents by an average of 40-29 per contest, and they're allowing just 59.6 ppg in regulation. Just one team has topped 62 points (sans OT) against them this season. And Cinci held Vanderbilt, Maryland, Gonzaga, and Xavier, to 78 of 211 from the field, or 36.9% shooting, including 17 of 66, or 25.7% from behind the arc. UAB has not fared well against strong defensive teams, covering just six of their last 18 against teams that hold the opposition to 64 ppg or less. UAB has not found much success against Big East opponents either, going 0-5 ATS, and they're 0-4 ATS the last four times as a dog of 1 to 5 1/2 points. In fact, UAB is just 12-22 ATS as an underdog with Mike Davis calling the shots, and they have covered just 8 of their last 26 when the line range is +3/-3. UAB has performed well with what they have, but I believe they're in for a bit of a reality check tonight. I'm playing Cincinnati on Wednesday, my Non-Conference Knockout of the Month.

I'm laying the points with Northern Colorado on Wednesday night. It wasn't too long ago when the Bears of Greeley held an RPI ranking of 336 in division-1 college basketball. But they head into Wednesday's home tilt with UL-Monroe ranked 22nd in the Mid-Major Top-25. UNC will be playing just their second home game of the season, despite this being their 11th game, overall. The Bears, at 8-2, are off to their best start through 10 games in their 108 years of basketball. Coach Tad Boyle, has a deep team in his fourth season in Greeley. Nine players have seen action in all 10 games, and eight of those players are averaging at least 14 minutes played per contest. Six players are scoring between 7.1 ppg and 16.3 ppg. Guard Will Figures leads the way in scoring and he and backcourt mate Devon Beitzel are a pain for opposing backcourts, averaging 3 1/2 steals per game. The two guards are averaging almost 30 ppg combined, despite playing all but one game away from home. The Bears are one of the more effecient perimter teams in the nation, ranking 8th in three-point FG percentage a season ago. Their numbers are slightly down this season, but I suspect they'll climb right back up to last year's numbers, playing nine of their next 14 games at home. UNC won the Rainbow Classic in November, knocking off host Hawaii, 81-75 in the championship game. They also own an impressive win over Big Sky opponent, Montana, who were picked for a second place finish in the conference by most. UNC had plenty of opportunities to beat Wyoming in Casper over the weekend, but couldn't overcome one-sided officiating. The Bears lost by just six points, 76-70, despite being whistled for 31 personal fouls. They were out-shot at the FT line, 43 to 18. Tonight, they'll host UL-Monroe for the first meeting between the two schools. The Warhawks (3-6) have dropped four straight, allowing 80.8 ppg on 49.8% shooting, including 38% from area code three. That's bad news against a team that normally shoots "lights-out" from the outside. ULM has not found their shooting touch this season. They're connecting on just 38% of their shots during the losing streak. And even though they may get some point-guard depth back tonight (backup Kenneth Averette may return) he won't be able to make up for the Warhawks horrible assist-to-turnover ratio. ULM has more turnovers than assists in each of their nine games this season, including games against Alcorn State and Grambling State. They have just 75 assists in nine games, or 8.3 apg, with 172 turnovers, or 19.1 tpg. They may be able to sneak by Alcorn and Grambling with numbers like that, but not when they venture on the road against stiffer opposition. This is also a conference sandwich spot for the Warhawks. They're off a 17-point loss to SBC frontrunner North Texas, and have a road game at Denver up next. I expect the Bears to take advantage of ULM's weak ball-handling, and their poor perimeter defensive play to get right back in the win column. UNC is on a 22-7-1 ATS run following a SU loss, and they're 14-2 ATS the last 16 times off a spread loss. How do they fare against teams outside of the Big Sky? How about 15-6-1 ATS the last 22 times. This is a great spot for the Bears and I'm laying the points. Northern Colorado is my Wednesday night Knockout.

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS LOCK CLUB

4 Units Miss

3 Units Oregon St

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cal Sports

5* No Colorado

4* Lakers Under

3* Cincinnati

3* Wright St Over

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KBHoops

5* Detroit +5 *POD*
5* Dallas -2
5* Minnesota UNDER 188
5* Ohio -1
5* Duquesne UNDER 133.5

Pitbull

20 units Houston +8.5
20 units Dallas Over 192.5
10 units Minnesota -1.5

15 units UAB +2

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

Los Angeles Clippers at Minnesota Timberwolves
Bet: Minnesota Timberwolves -1

First, I love the line movement here. The Clipps opened as a 1-point favorite and despite 70% of the reported bets coming in on them, this line has gone as far as Minnesota -1.5.

I also love how Minnesota is playing right now. They've covered eight of their last nine games, and have been very competitive at home. The Clipps are coming off a huge come-from-behind home win over Washington. This is the first game of a six-game road trip. Not the best of spots for LA.

The 'Wolves are also playing with double same-season revenge. Minny has visited the Clipps twice this season. And while they lost both meetings, it should be noted that they did cover both contests, and the total margin of defeat for the two games was only seven points. It should also be noted that Minnesota F/C Kevin Love (13 points & 12 rebounds per game) did not play in either of those games. His presence and the change of venue will reverse the 'Wolves' fortunes in this series tonight. Take Minnesota.

Posted : December 16, 2009 6:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sorry guys got tied up fixing a virus on a pc at work and missed a lot

Posted : December 16, 2009 8:24 pm
(@bigsmone)

Thanks Blade, no worries here. Quick question for you. Any opinion on Mr. Frank Patron? I will be completely honest and say for the last month I've been fading the hell out of this guy and have been pretty successful... I'm not saying every play, but a majority for sure. He seems to play majority of the faves. If I'm on the fence with a game, I've just been checking what ole' Tequila played, fade it and check in the moring if the drunk pick was a winner or not. This is not a system by any means, just curious if you had any backround on him. Thanks bro, appreciate it. Michael Cash, if you read this please drop a line as well if you have any info. Thanks gents, good luck this weekend!

Posted : December 16, 2009 10:05 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Patron is a 50% capper I would say but does seem to have some lengthy winning/losing streaks I have noticed. Brandon Lang is the very best fade hands down and he is money in the bank if you just fade him. I fade 98% of these guys especially when you see all them on the same like a MNF game.

Posted : December 16, 2009 10:50 pm
(@jam78)

Thanks Blade, no worries here. Quick question for you. Any opinion on Mr. Frank Patron? I will be completely honest and say for the last month I've been fading the hell out of this guy and have been pretty successful... I'm not saying every play, but a majority for sure. He seems to play majority of the faves. If I'm on the fence with a game, I've just been checking what ole' Tequila played, fade it and check in the moring if the drunk pick was a winner or not. This is not a system by any means, just curious if you had any backround on him. Thanks bro, appreciate it. Michael Cash, if you read this please drop a line as well if you have any info. Thanks gents, good luck this weekend!

I think he's only hit 1 games in the last month... I've been on the same wagon.. He has definitely helped my bank roll

Posted : December 17, 2009 12:03 am
(@bigsmone)

Blade and Jam, thanks guys appreciate it. Fading the Jacksonville picks across the board tonight, well see how it pans out. I've caught on to the fade as well Blade, especially this last Monday, gave it a shot today as well. Brandon Lang, I've seen you post this in the past as far as fading this dude. I can't belive that he has people paying for the nonsense he send out. I'll let you all know if I come across anything in the future, until then be easy.

Posted : December 17, 2009 9:15 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: