Posted : December 2, 2009 5:19 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lang

10 DIME - DUQUESNE

10 DIME - NORTHERN IOWA

10 DIME - WOFFORD

10 DIME - DUQUESNE - Rolling with the home dog tonight.

This is the most talented team Ron Everhart has had with the Dukes as they return 8 of the their top 9 scorers.

They have jumped out of the box winning 5 of their first 6 games with the only loss being at Western Carolina, a team I will talk about shortly.

There will be no intimidation between these two teams as Pitt and Duquesne are so close together, these kids play pickup in the offseason with one another all the time.

Fact of the matter is, when you are Pitt and have the national reputation you do, a lot of the time you will get inflated numbers in non-conference play, which I feel we are getting tonight.

This line should at the most be Pitt -3 and I will gladly take the 3 extra points in a rivalry game all night long.

Already this year Pitt struggled against a Wofford team who returned pretty much their entire team 63-60 and that game was played at Pitt.

Wouldn't suprise me if Dukes won this game outright.

10 DIME - NORTHERN IOWA - The preseason pick to win the Missouri Valley conference getting this many points from anybody out of conference and I will grab them all night long.

This is the 4th time Greg McDermott faces his old school where he played and coached and emotions will run high.

I know Iowa State comes in with one loss but laying this many points to a very solid NIU team is just too many.

They return all 5 starters from last year and have gotten off to a 4-1 start with the only loss being to a Depaul team that is better than people think.

Until Iowa State shows me they are up to covering a number like this against a very good and disciplined bunch from Northern Iowa, I will grab the points all day long.

10 DIME - WOFFORD - As I mentioned before, this Wofford team is what I considered to be one of my sleeper teams this year.

They return 9 of their top 10 players from last year, including all 5 starters and have come out of the box very competitive.

How about a 4-3 overall mark as well as a perfect 4-0 ATS on the road. They lost by 3 at Pitt, beat Georgia by 3, lost to Bradley by 2 and covered at Illinois.

What is even more impressive to me is their win at Georgia against Mark Fox' Bulldogs.

Western Carolina also returns 5 starters and has gotten off to a rock solid start but they haven't played near the competition Wofford has and the value here lies with the Terriers.

FREE SELECTION - UTAH STATE AGGIES

Posted : December 2, 2009 5:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Stevens

10* Orlando Magic
10* Sacramento
10* Michigan

Posted : December 2, 2009 5:56 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Charlie

500* NJ Nets +8
500* Suns @ Cavs Over 212'
500* Florida St +7
30* Illinois +4
20* Wisconsin +4
20* Michigan -5'
10* Cleveland -8
OK City -6 Free Play

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:06 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Hammer Guaranteed Selections

PRIVATE INVESTORS CLUB NBA WINNER

Washington Wizards -2.5

COLLEGE HOOPS SPECIAL EDITION QUADRUPLE POUNDER

Bradley -5

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

O.C. Dooley

“2 UNIT” NBA INTANGIBLE Sixers +6 at Thunder

Even though he is not making his debut until Monday, the reeling Sixers in the midst of a 2-11 slide have just been given a bolt of energy with the signing of former star Allen Iverson. It is hard for me to believe the Sixers have been so bad considering that they have a legitimate All Star (Andre Iguodala) on their roster. Philadelphia has been hurt by the ineffectiveness of big man Elton Brand who averaged 20 points and 10 rebounds per game in nine NBA seasons prior to signing a lucrative long term free-agent deal with the Sixers. Brand who was injured most of last season is finally starting to flash his former brilliance especially since he has been forced by Willie Green who temporarily has replaced him in the starting lineup. All that Green has done is average a healthy 20 points per contest in the past two Philadelphia games. In a pair of recent games played in the state of Texas, another big man Samuel Dalembert helped the Sixers down low in the paint averaging nearly 17 REBOUNDS per contest. I will admit Oklahoma City is loaded with young talent but they are in a “look ahead” spot with mighty Boston on deck. My database research indicates that bad road teams like Philadelphia off consecutive road losses have successfully COVERED the spread at a 63% clip (106-62 ATS) the past five years. The Sixers are actually a very productive 7-3 ATS/ROAD so far this season, but there is even bigger news. Dating all the way back to the 1996 campaign the Sixers are an incredible 14-3 ATS/ROAD when shaking off 6 consecutive outright defeats. Do I hear 15-3 ATS anyone?!

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

Indiana Pacers at Sacramento Kings
Pick: Indiana Pacers +2

The smart money has spoken. This line opened with the Kings as 3-point favorites. Yet despite 64% of the bets coming in on the Kings, the line has dropped to anywhere from a pick to Kings -2. The Kings have won 3 straight -- all at home and all by double digits. The Pacers have gotten blown out in 2 straight and have lost 6 of their last 7. So it's no wonder the public is all over the Kings, who are 7-2 at home. But I'm getting in line with the smart money. Expect the Pacers to bounce back after back-to-back blowout losses and get the W tonight against another team that plays very little defense. Take Indiana.

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Duke's Sports

Cleveland (-7') for 2 Units

Cleveland has a favorable advantage here being well rested against the unrested Suns. Cleveland is 10-3 ATS on 3+ days rest. And Cleveland is a momentum team that does well off big victories (34-16-1 ATS following SU win of 10+). The Suns, however, will have to play unrested without Barbosa (ankle) ;moreover, they're defense still leaves much to be desired (allow 107 ppg). The Suns are a poor 4-11-1 ATS as a road dog of 5 to 10'. The series host sports a 7-3 ATS mark while the favorite is a perfect 9-0 ATS. We won't fight those trends here

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:18 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JB Sports

3* Suns
3* Pacers
2* Wizards

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Cal Sports

5* Ark LR
4* La Tech
3* Utah St
3* UC Irvine
4* Clev Cavs

Accupicks

5* Pacers
4* Clemson
3* Duke

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BLACK WIDOW

6* SACREMENTO

5* MICHIGAN

4* DREXEL, RICHMOND, AND SAN DIEGO

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:25 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Neri

3* Atlanta -9

3* George Washington - 6.5

3* LA Tech -6.5

3* Arkansas LR +3

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Malinsky

Adding

4* DUKE/WISCONSIN Under

When we do not get either pace or offensive efficiency, then points are obviously going to be hard to come by. That is exactly the case here, and yet the oddsmakers have set a surprisingly high range for an intense defensive struggle in which uncontested shots will be few and far between.We do not find a Wisconsin home game in this range often. No game on this court carried a Total of higher than 128.5 LY, and over the last three seasons the highest was a 136.5. That is Bo Ryan basketball – play tenacious and fundamentally-sound defense, which forces the opposition deep into the shot clock before they can find any kind of decent look at the basket, and also play methodically with the ball, passing up good shots to get better ones. That is not going to change this season.So why the high line? Perhaps because Duke will also be playing a lot of “Bo Ryan” basketball, but the markets have not grasped that yet. Those wins of 64-53 over Arizona State and 68-59 over Connecticut at Madison Square Garden were nothing but grinders last week, and that is what we are going to see from the Blue Devils this season. They have outstanding size and the usual excellent fundamentals on defense, but with an alarming lack of depth they are not going to be pushing the ball much offensively. Nolan Smith played every minute of those two games in the Garden, while Jon Scheyer went 77 of 80 and Kyle Singler 71. They are basically playing without a point guard again, which explains the low total of just 21 assists in those two wins. While Smith gets listed at that position in the lineup he does not create well with the ball, getting just two assists in those 80 minutes, and the more that Scheyer and Singler have to handle the ball the more it will impact their shooting, and a Wisconsin defense that is allowing only 25.4 percent from beyond the arc despite facing a difficult schedule so far is not going to allow them many open opportunities anyway.

Posted : December 2, 2009 6:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Street Rosenthal

*300 New York Knicks +13
*200 Houston Rockets -2
*200 Washington Wizards -3
*200 Dallas Mavericks -7

Trey Scott

*200 Butler -14
*200 Saint Louis +3