Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dr Bob

2* Utah Jazz Under 202
2* Indiana U +3½
2* Ohio U -1½

NBA Opinion

UTAH (-2) over Houston

When Utah Jazz point guard Deron Williams was first injured I wrote that his absence may not any negative affect at all since backup PG Earl Watson was a much better defensive player, which makes up for Williams’ offensive game. Houston enters this game with 3 straight road losses and the Rockets had to play overtime last night in Los Angeles. It’s tough to play in the high altitude of Salt Lake City when unrested (Utah is 173-123-5 ATS in all home games against unrested teams the last 21 years) and the Jazz are 61-27-2 ATS when rested and hosting a team off consecutive losses (4-1 ATS this season). My ratings favor Utah by 4 ½ points in this game and I don’t think Williams is worth much. In fact, the Jazz have been out-scored by 0.5 points per 48 minutes when Williams is on the floor while out-scoring their opponents by 2.4 points per 48 minutes when he’s on the bench. I’ll lean with Utah minus the small number in this one.

College Opinions

Delaware (+14 ½) over OLD DOMINION

Old Dominion and Delaware both play better off a loss and worse off a win and here we find the Blue Hens off a loss and ODU off a win. Old Dominion is just 47-78-2 ATS in conference games after a win under coach Blaine Taylor, including only 25-60-1 ATS if their opponent has a win percentage of .450 or higher. Delaware, meanwhile, is 36-18 ATS after a loss the last 4 seasons, including 17-3 ATS as a road underdog of 4 points or more. ODU does have revenge for an earlier loss at Delaware, and the Monarchs are not as bad in conference games off a win when they have same season revenge (8-10 ATS), so I’ll resist making this a Best Bet. Howver, my ratings only favor Old Dominion by 12 points in this game, so there is some line value and I’ll take Delaware at+14 points or more.

Bowling Green (+1½) over NORTHERN ILLINOIS

Bowling Green has won 8 of their last 10 games while Northern Illinois has covered in 4 straight. However, it’s the Huskies of NIU that apply to a very negative 64-144-5 ATS situation that suggests their spread win streak will come to an end tonight. My ratings favor Northern Illinois by 2 ½ points and the line opened at 3 points and has come down a bit too far to make this a Best Bet. I’ll lean with Bowling Green as an underdog in this game.

EVANSVILLE (+5) over Missouri State

Missouri State has lost 4 consecutive games to the spread and the Tigers are now just 15-32-4 ATS in Missouri Valley games under coach Cuonzo Martin. Evansville is playing well of late (5-1 straight up, 4-2 ATS) and Missouri State applies to a negative 114-187-6 ATS situation. My ratings only favor Missouri State by 4 points and I’ll lean with Evansville at +5 points or more.

Posted : February 2, 2011 6:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

Kansas St

Posted : February 2, 2011 6:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MADDUX SPORTS

20 UNITS NY ISLANDERS +180