Posted : January 13, 2010 6:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

King Creole

2* BOS / NJN UNDER 190

2* OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

2* DENVER NUGGETS

Boston looks to put the clamps down on defense off that surprising home favorite loss to the Atlanta Hawks 2 nights ago. This season's earlier meeting versus the Nets in New Jersey went "UNDER" by 17 points (OU Line: 179 / Score: 86-76). So why is tonight's OU line 11 points higher? When the OU line in this series is 190 points playing off BB SU losses... but BB ATS wins (nets).
1-6 O/U since Dec. 1st: All NBA teams playing off a SU home loss to the Atlanta Hawks (Celtics).

Our two SIDE PLAYS both qualify in the same System. And to play it safe, we should always play ALL active teams in a current hot YTD pattern.

3-16 ATS last 4 weeks: All NBA teams playing with NO REST off a SU win (Spurs / Magic)... versus an opponent with 1 day rest (THUNDER / MAGIC). The Spurs beat the Lakers LAST night... while the Magic beat the Kings LAST night. We also note that these tired teams are 1-9 ATS if their host opponent is off a SU win... and BOTH the Thunder and the Nuggets Are indeed off a win in their last game.

5-0 ATS this month: All NBA favorites playing in their 4th STRAIGHT home game (THUNDER)... and off a SU win in their last game.

9-1 ATS last 10 days: All non-division 'short' home favorites of 7 points playing off a home win of 15 or more points (THUNDER).

The Spurs are historically a very POOR team when they played the previpous night.
San Antonio is 1-8 ATS in the last 2 seasons as road dogs of 6 < points with NO REST.

Laker "Letdown":
0-5 ATS since 1991: All NBA road dogs with NO REST who beat the LA LAKERS by 20 or more points the previous night.

0-4 ATS last 4 weeks: All NBA teams playing off a SU favorite ROAD win of 20 or more points (Magic). Underdogs in this situation (Magic) have gone 1-5 ATS this season.

16-7 ATS this season: All NBA teams playing off a SU home win BUT an ATS loss in a game in which they were a double-digit favorite (NUGGETS) vs an opponent off a SU win. Since Dec. 1st, favorites in this situation have gone 9-1 ATS (NUGGETS).

6-1 ATS this season: All WESTERN Conf HF's off a DD SU win (NUGGETS) versus an EASTERN Conf opponent off a SU win (Magic).

The HOST team in this Nugget / Magic series has gone 11-2 ATS in the last 11 meetings.

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Antony Dinero

Suns at Pacers
Pick: Suns -3

Jason Richardson has really picked up his production since getting healthy, and with Leandro Barbosa getting his legs back under him, the Suns have the firepower to start up a four-game road trip the right way. Indiana shocked Toronto in a game that cost us all the other day, squandering a 20-point lead and proving that the Raps are as tough-minded as a group of 4-year-olds despite all that talent. Danny Granger and Troy Murphy have a couple of games under them, but I don't like their chances getting over on an in-shape Amar'e Stoudemire, Grant Hill and Richardson. As far as pace, with T.J. Ford still benched and Earl Watson and A.J. Price running point, Indiana isn't quite as explosive and averse to defense. Back the Suns -3 and the under, 226.5.

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Flanagan

5* Top Star Release Oklahoma City -1.5

The Spurs are playing their third game in four nights which isn't going to be easy on their veteran legs against a young Oklahoma City team. They played last night against the Lakers but they are just 2-4 ATS this year playing on back to back nights.

The only other situation this year they played three games in four nights and the third game happened to be a road game like in this case, was a game they lost to Toronto by 5 failing to cover as three point favorites. It's not easy for any team to play three games in four nights with the fourth night being a road game.

Dating back to last year the Thunder have won three of the last four meetings straight up so it's not like they can't beat this team. The Spurs have not covered seven of their last eight game as a road dog while the Thunder have covered seven of their last 10 times as favorite.

I'll back the Thunder with my biggest release since joining the site to down the Spurs tonight at home.

3* Suns -3.5

I have no problem laying under two possessions with the Suns against Indiana tonight. The Pacers had to come back from down over 20 points to beat Toronto the other night. If they fall behind anything in double digits to the powerful Suns they aren't catching up.

The Suns have been a profitable road favorite over the past couple of seasons cashing over 65% of their tickets in that position. The Pacers as an underdog the past two seasons are cashing less than 35% of their tickets in that position.

There is no answer on Indiana for guys like Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire which is one of the best inside/out combos in the league. I have enough faith in the much better team from the better conference to win this game by more than two possessions tonight.

3* Texas -8

Iowa State has been horrible as far as ATS trends go. Breaking down the game from that angle they have covered just 1 of their last 14 games as an underdog and struggle against Big 12 competition with or without the Vegas number, meaning they don't win straight up or cover. .

Iowa State's record got fat against a soft schedule in their non-conference games. When they played Duke and Cal this year they lost both times by 21 and 19 points. When looking at the stats Texas is +12 in the rebound category this season. If you have that much of an edge on the boards you will be covering a ton of spreads throughout the year.

Texas has been putting opponents out of their misery by pummeling them early. This is an eight point spread and only one Texas game has been decided by less than that number this year. I'll take my shot on Texas to beat the Cyclones by double digits tonight.

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS UNLIMITED

7* UCONN

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DR BOB

College Opinions

Pittsburgh (+6 1/2) over CONNECTICUT

Pittsburgh has improved with Jermaine Dixon and Gilbert Brown now able to contribute (Dixon has played 7 games and Brown 4) and my rating favor the Huskies by only 4 1/2 points in this game with current personnel for each team. That's pretty solid line value and Pitt is 19-7 ATS as an underdog of more than 2 points in conference play under coach Jamie Dixon (4-1 ATS versus U Conn), including 2-0 ATS already this season with upset wins over Syracuse and Cincy. I'll lean with Pitt plus the points and I'll take Pittsburgh in a 2-Star Best Bet at +7 or more.

Delaware (+16) over NORTHEASTERN

Both of these teams have picked up their level of play recently, with Delaware having covered in 4 straight games while Northeastern is riding a 7 game win and cover streak. It is Delaware that is likely to continue their spread winning streak tonight, as the Blue Hens apply to a 72-22-1 ATS big underdog situation that is based on their recent spread success. Delaware has actually lost their last 3 games, despite covering in all 3, and the Hens are 20-4 ATS in their last 24 lined games following a loss. The line opened at 17 points and has since gone down, but I'll lean with Delaware plus the points and I'd take Delaware in a 2-Star Best Bet at +17 points or more.

INDIANA STATE (+4) over Wichita State

Indiana State will likely be without leading scorer Dwayne Lathan again tonight, but they Sycamores played well without him on Saturday in a 69-55 win over Evansville and they apply to a very strong 71-19-2 ATS situation tonight that in part is based on Wichita State's winning streak. My ratings favor Wichita State by 4.8 points with Lathan out for the Sycamores, so the line is not quite high enough for me to make this a Best Bet. I'll lean with the Sycamores at +4 points based on the strong situation and I'd take Indiana State in a 2-Star Best Bet at +5 or more.

ALABAMA (-1 1/2) over Vanderbilt

Alabama applies to a very strong 62-13-2 ATS subset of a 130-49-5 ATS home momentum situation while Vanderbilt applies to a negative 75-153-9 ATS road letdown situation that is based on the Commodores' 6 game win streak. Unfortunately, the line is not fair enough to make Bama a Best Bet here, as the Tide should be a 1 point dog rather than a 1 1/2 point favorite. I'll still lean with Alabama at -2 or less based on the strong technical analysis.

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:40 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Executive

300 Duqune
250 Ole Miss
250 Vandy

Posted : January 13, 2010 6:41 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: