Free Picks: Premium Service Plays for Wednesday, January 20,2010

46 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BRANDON LANG

15 DIME - WILLIAM & MARY TRIBE - Live dog here.

In putting together their great start at 14-3 SU and 9-3-1 ATS, you saw signs of what was to come with this team their first game of the year.

With 4 starters back from last years squad, they started off their season at UConn catching +23 1/2, the Tribe were in the game the whole way before losing late 75-66.

They followed up that loss with a loss at Harvard in OT 87-85 as a 4 1/2 point dog and that started a run of 8 straight covers to start the year.

What you will also see is the fact this team has covered every single game as an underdog this year, a perfect 9-0 including 7 straight dog wins outright.

I want to point out 2 ball games this team played earlier this year on the road versus arguably the best conference in the nation, the ACC.

Bill and Mary rolled into Wake Forest on November 28th as a 16 point underdog and won the game outright 78-68. The currently 12-4 Wake Forest Demon Decons.

They also traveled to Maryland on December 30th to face the Terrapins as 12 1/2 point dogs and won outright again 83-77. The currently 12-5 Maryland Terrapins.

Since their opening two losses this team has been perfect with exception to a hiccup at home to UNC Wilmington by 1 but let me point out Wilmington is playing pretty well right now just taking Virginia on the road to the wire.

These two met at Bill and Mary December 5th with the Tribe getting the 1 point win 75-74 coming back from a 45-31 deficit with 16 minutes to go with a 22-11 run eventually winning it down the stretch.

I know VCU is tough with NBA prospect Larry Sanders in the middle but this is a Bill and Mary squad that matches up well with the Rams across the board and there is value with the dog.

Seriously, 9-0 as an underdog this year is 9-0 anyway you slice it and when you get into January with that kind of record as a dog, the identity of your team is pretty set.

Like the first meeting this year I fully expect this game to come down to the wire and I will gladly grab the stellar underdog to fight the whole way.

FREE SELECTION - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

Posted : January 20, 2010 2:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

WUNDERDOG

St. Louis at Montreal
4 units St. Louis +110

The Blues have been the antithesis of almost every professional team, especially in the NHL. The Blues have failed to get it done at home, but put them on the road and they are 12-6-4. The Blues have also won four of their last five games overall, while the Canadiens have come up short in four of their last six. The Canadiens have had a lot of difficulty finding the net as they have scored two times or less in six of their last seven. Canadiens having problems with road teams with a winning road mark on the season where they have dropped their last four. This is a live dog here and I'll go with St. Louis.

Posted : January 20, 2010 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tim Trushel

Texas Tech

Posted : January 20, 2010 3:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

HOT SHOT SPORTS

3* Nevada -4

Posted : January 20, 2010 3:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS

7 Units Pitt -1
5 Units Fordham +17.5
5 Units Drake +1
4 Units Baylor +14.5

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:45 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

20 Dime: Kansas
10 Dime: Bradley

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

INDIANA PACERS +11.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this matchup is on the large visiting dog:

Indiana has lost 16 of 18 on the road, with the lone wins in that span coming at Washington and New Jersey - the East’s other two last-place clubs.

Indiana arrives in Orlando following Tuesday’s 113-83 loss at Miami, its second straight defeat following a three-game winning streak; I expect a "rebound" this evening.

Despite the loss last night, Indiana is 4-2 ATS its last six overall.

On the other side of the court: After a 106-94 win over Minnesota on New Year’s Day, the Magic (26-15) opened a three-game Southeast Division lead over Atlanta and moved within one game of Eastern Conference-leading Cleveland.

The Magic have since lost seven of nine to drop to fourth in the East, five games back of the Cavaliers. They now trail the Hawks by one-half game in the division. During the disappointing stretch, the Magic fell 97-90 on Jan. 5 at 13th-place Indiana (14-27).

The Magic had a chance to win Monday at Los Angeles, but went nearly six minutes without a field goal in a crucial stretch of the fourth quarter en route to a 98-92 loss.

Not only are the Magic just 3-6 ATS their last nine overall, they are also a poor 2-7 SU their last nine.

Bottom line: Look for INDIANA to improve to 2-0 ATS this year as a road dog of 9 1/2 to 12 points and for Orlando to fall to 5-8 ATS when revenging a loss vs. an opponent!

6* PACERS

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

TEXAS TECH -3

Look for the Red Raiders on their home court to bounce back after getting pounded by Kansas on Saturday. Iowa State is just 2-8-1 ATS on the road their last 11 games, and while the Cyclones are a decent team, once again Lubbock is a brutal place to play and Texas Tech is looking to exact some revenge here after a poor showing on national TV this past Saturday, plus the fact Tech has dropped 3 straight games and this is a MUST WIN home game.

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Lenny Del Genio

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS -3.5

The Western Conference is rapidly becoming an easy conference to handicap. All but two teams (Minnesota and Golden State) have winning records at home while only Dallas, the Lakers and Oklahoma City have winning records on the road. Until the oddsmakers begin to adjust for this home/road dichotomy, we have no choice but to continue to back hosts in the Western Conference matchups and tonight it's no different when New Orleans hosts Memphis. These two squads act as glaring examples of this home/road dichotomy. The Hornets are 15-4 at home and 6-15 on the road. Memphis is 15-5 at home and 7-13 on the road. Note that each of Memphis' last four losses have come on the road, two by double-digits to Atlanta and Utah. They have lost eight straight times here at the New Orleans Arena. Short number we can take advantage of here. Take New Orleans.

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Seabass

200 Georgetown
100 North Carolina
100 Virginia Com

50 Montreal

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

2-13 ATS NBA ROADKILL WINNER (14-6 L20)! - SPURS

5* NCAA HOOPS GAME OF THE MONTH; 14-6 RUN - GEORGETOWN

EYE-POPPING 100% (22-0 ATS) NCAA WINNER! - KENT ST

NCAA BASKETBALL REVENGE GAME OF THE MONTH - VA COMMONWEALTH

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:48 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

THE BOOOOJ

15 Units Charlotte (-4) over Miami

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Portland -1

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence

Central Florida +12

The Knights travel to Houston in this CUSA clash with double revenge on their minds from a pair of losses they suffered against the Cougars last year. When Central Florida takes the court they will do so knowing the underdog is 8-0 ATS all-time in this series. Meanwhile, while Houston is 5-0 ATS versus losing teams this season, they are only 2-5 ATS against winning opposition. To make matters worse for the Cougars, they have a conference tournament revenge affair up next against Memphis. They are also just 4-10 ATS at home against .46 or greater opponents in games before facing the Tigers. With that, look for UCF to grab the cash here tonight. We recommend a 3-unit play on Central Florida.

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dwayne Bryant

Miami Heat at Charlotte Bobcats
Bet: Charlotte Bobcats -4

I'm a situational handicapper first and foremost, and this is a very solid spot to back the Bobcats. Charlotte has reeled off five straight wins and eight of their last nine. They've also rattled off eight straight wins at home. Charlotte is allowing just 91 points per game on 42.3% shooting at home this season, but they've allowed their last two opponents (Kings & Suns) to score 103 and 99, respectively. And the Kings shot 48.8% from the floor and outrebounded the Bobcats 46-34 in that last game, so I expect a VERY focused and intense effort on the defensive end of the floor and on the glass tonight. Charlotte had yesterday off and they're 9-5 ATS when playing on exactly one day of rest, and 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as a home favorite of 4.5 points or less.

Miami is coming off a huge 30-point home win over Indiana last night. For starters, I love fading teams coming off lopsided wins like that. Second, Miami is just 2-4 ATS this season when playing without rest. Finally, Miami shot a whopping 56.25% on their home floor last night, with Michael Beasley and Dwyane Wade both hitting at a 60% clip. I expect a return to the norm tonight. It should also be noted that Miami is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU win of more than 10 points, and 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.

Bottom line: We have a home team that is hot, plays very good defense, and is playing with rest. And we have a road team playing without rest and coming off a huge 30-point home win. I'll take the home team, thank you. Take Charlotte.

Posted : January 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: