Posted : January 27, 2010 5:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Erin Rynning

Bulls Under

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:33 pm
(@slapaheel)

Blade - Will you help me think this one out?

Penn State opened at -11 and has dropped to -1 (10 point swing)
Notre Dame opened at -4 and has moved to +11 (15 point swing)

I'm assuming the sharps pounded Illinois and Villanova as soon as the lines were posted (as did I) but a movement of 10 and 15 points seems unheard of.

I once read that Vegas is within 2 points of the spread 85% of the time. Is there a reason these lines have moved so much that I am not seeing? Regardless, I'm going to try and middle them both right before tipoff.

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:40 pm
(@mglaz)

Not sure what lines you are looking at, but I am showing Penn St. opened at 1 and Notre Dame opened at 11. ???

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:45 pm
(@slapaheel)

Not sure what lines you are looking at, but I am showing Penn St. opened at 1 and Notre Dame opened at 11. ???

http://www.thespread.com/ncaa-college-basketball-public-betting-chart

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Looks like something is wrong with the feed and should fix itself on the next update probably.

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:50 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

CHRIS JORDAN

200♦ Penn State
200♦ Toronto
200♦ Drake

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:51 pm
(@slapaheel)

Looks like something is wrong with the feed and should fix itself on the next update probably.

Ok just checked USA today and few other sites. Indeed the lines have not moved that much. Sorry - great work.

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:52 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

TIM TRUSHEL

Houston Rockets

Tennessee Under

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:52 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

Very much appreciate all the hard work Blade and I don't mean to use up band-width, just have not seen Wayne Root or Teddy Covers and curious about status.

Thanks again.

Posted : January 27, 2010 5:57 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RAS

Northeastern Ov 117

Northern Illinois Ov 143.5

VA Comm. Un 148

Posted : January 27, 2010 6:02 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Very much appreciate all the hard work Blade and I don't mean to use up band-width, just have not seen Wayne Root or Teddy Covers and curious about status.

Thanks again.

I haven't seen either today,if I see it or anything else I always post it.

Posted : January 27, 2010 6:03 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MR EAST

NCAAB WEDNESDAY UNDER THE RADAR

DRAKE @ NORTHERN IOWA
3 UNITS: DRAKE +13.5

The Northern Iowa Panthers haven't disappointed, as they were expected to be in the top spot of the MVC and that's where they sit, and are a perfect 8-0 at home. When you are 17-2 that carries some baggage by the way of extra points added to the line, and this one is definately inflated. The Drake Bulldogs have really come on of late, and have won 5 straight games, and covered their last 6. Panthers complete, less one thing, as they don't have a solid playmaker, and the team assist leader stands at less than 3 a game. This is not a bigtime scoring team, and have scored 67 or less in all but 1 conference game this season, so tackling a big number in a game short of points is a monumental task. Bulldogs are 10-2-1 ATS in their last 13 as a dog of 13 or more, while the Panthers have had a tough time taking down the same numbers at home at just 3-7 ATS as a home chalk of 13 or more. Drake won here last year in a game played in the 40s, and I expect a similar pace here, and a Drake cover.

Posted : January 27, 2010 6:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

Tampa Bay -125

Analysis: For a number of different reasons I believe we're getting excellent value on the home side in this situation:

Montreal (25-24-5), which has won six of nine at St. Pete Times Forum since the beginning of the 2005-06 season, posted a 2-1 overtime victory in Tampa on Dec. 30 on Tomas Plekanec’s game-winner.

Plekanec, who leads the Canadiens with 39 assists and 52 points, scored a second-period power-play goal Tuesday, but Montreal allowed two unanswered goals in the third and fell to Florida 2-1 to open its three-game trip.

After making 27 saves versus the Panthers, Jaroslav Halak will likely get his fourth straight start. Halak, who is 8-3-1 with a 1.99 goals-against average in his last 12 starts, is 0-1-0 with a 3.08 GAA lifetime versus the Lightning.

Remember, the Habs are just 2-4 their last six overall.

On the other side of the ice: Tampa Bay (21-20-10) has finished last in the Southeast Division each of the last two seasons, but with a 10-6-1 record since a 1-8-2 stretch from Nov. 28-Dec. 17, the Lightning have improved their playoff chances.

Saturday’s 2-1 shootout victory over Atlanta was Tampa Bay’s third win in four games. The Lightning are 6-1-1 in their last eight at St. Pete Times Forum and among a number of teams vying for the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.

Antero Niittymaki will likely need to be a major contributor if that’s going to happen. Since Mike Smith strained his neck against Washington on Jan. 12, Niittymaki has started six straight games, going 3-1-0 in his last four after making 37 saves and five stops in the tiebreaker against the Thrashers.

Bottom line: Niittymaki made 36 saves in a 3-1 victory in Montreal on Nov. 7 to snap a personal seven-game losing streak to the Canadiens.

The well rested Lightning have the advantage over a team that played just 24 hours previous; look for TAMPA BAY to improve to 4-1 (+3.5 units) when playing with 3 or more days of rest and for Montreal to drop to 4-7 its last 11 overall!

7* TAMPA BAY

Posted : January 27, 2010 6:05 pm
Page 3 / 5
Share: