1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Trace Adams

1000* - Oklahoma State Cowboys
500* - Minnesota Timberwolves

A little dicey laying these points with the Cowboys away from Gallagher-Iba, but I would rather lay the points with the surging Pokes, than take them with the sliding Sooners.

Oklahoma State comes into this Big 12 tourney with wins in 5 of their last 7 to move to 21-9 for the season - and likely an at-large bid come Sunday - but a convincing win tonight would get them firmly off the fence, and into the Dance for sure, and OU is a willing opponent this evening.

The Sooners lost Willie Warren and his 16 ppg to an ankle injury, and that is a loss Jeff Capel's team just hasn't been able to overcome. The losing streak is at 8 straight, and just 2-6 against the spread in that span as well.

Okie State has captured 2 of the last 3 in this series both straight up, and against the spread, and while they have done the majority of their best work at home, the same can be said for the Sooners, as Oklahoma is just 2-13 straight up away from Norman, and 5-10 against the number in those away games.

Gonna lay the chalk with the Cowboys tonight.

1000♦ - Oklahoma State Cowboys

In the NBA, willing to give the Timberwolves a shot plus the generous number at home.

This is the start of a 4-game road trip for the Nuggets who will be without Coach Karl as he undergoes cancer treatment, and I can easily see Denver doing just enough to get the win against the desperate Timberwolves.

Minnesota has lost 6 in a row, and 12 of their last 13, and in that span they have lost ALL 6 of their home games! Maybe desperate is not the proper word to use, but the T-Wolves still own a 17-15-1 home spread mark, while the Nuggets are just 12-15-3 against the spread away from home this year.

Thus far these teams have met 3 times this year, Denver winning the last pair, but Minnesota covering in those 2.

I like the points to work again tonight.

500♦ - Minnesota Timberwolves

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Youngstown Connection

Colorado PK

TT comes in losers of 7 in a row with their last road game win coming on 2/9/10. Their last game at Colorado 4 days ago they lost by 11 as 4.5 dogs and now face the same club on a neutral court as a PK. Colorado comes in winners of 3 straight and played the upper echelon of the league pretty tough while TT was being blown out by the same teams. Add to the fact that Colorado is 8-4 ATS their last dozen and has faced better opponents on a neutral court, I'll side with the surging team in Colorado rather than a team that is looking forward to Spring Break. Take the Buffs.

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:25 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

40 Dime – SOUTHERN MISS

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:26 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Insider Sports Report

4* Colorado -1
3* SMU -2
3* Wyoming -2

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

RINKPLAY SPORTS

4* Phoenix Coyotes

3* Buffalo Sabres

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ATS Lock Club

4 Units Texas Tech +1
3 Units SMU -1.5
3 Units Iowa St +9

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ST Bernadine's Sports

GEORGETOWN -6.5

S.F.AUSTIN -2.5

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

3* Texas Tech
3* Washington State Pac10 GOY
3* Cal Poly Big West Conf GOY

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:34 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Anthony Redd

30 Units Charlotte (NBA) -1
10 Units Georgetown -7
10 Units Nebraska +10

Chuck O'Brien

25 Units Iowa State +9
10 Units Notre Dame

Brandon Lang

5 Units Oklahoma State -7

Karl Garrett

10 Units Charlotte (NBA) -1
10 Units Oklahoma State -7

Stephen Nover

40 Units Marquette -4
25 Units NJ Nets +11

Bobby Maxwell

400 Units Oklahoma State -7
100 Units CA Northridge +2.5

Michael Cannon

25 Units Marquette -4
10 Units Colorado -1

Posted : March 10, 2010 9:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vic Monte

2000* Max Out Game Of The Year

Oklahoma State -7

Posted : March 10, 2010 10:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

KELSO

5 Units South Flor +6.5
5 Units Marquette -3.5
5 Units Southern Mississippi -6.5

Posted : March 10, 2010 10:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Kyle Bales

It was fitting that the Golden Eagles ended the regular season by taking their opponent to overtime but surprising because Marquette wound up losing the game. Four of the final five Marquette games heading into the Big East tournament went to at least one overtime. This also was the case when Marquette and St. John's met up earlier this year with Marquette winning by two (-2) in overtime in New York. I watched that game and saw Marquette beat themselves in the final minutes like they are prone to do this year but I expect a much better shooting performance from this team today, especially from behind the arc. The Golden Eagles are pretty much a lock for the NCAA Tournament, but one Big East tournament win would remove all doubt. They will be facing a desperate team Red Storm team fighting to save its coach's job but it's too little too late. Marquette by 11.

Play: 15* Marquette -3.5

Georgetown and South Florida each feature All-Big East first-team players in Greg Monroe and Dominique Jones but the difference here today will be in guard Austin Freeman. Missing a game after being diagnosed with diabetes, Freeman came back to action with 24 points as the Hoyas destroyed Cincinnati by 27 (-7). I expect the same kind of dominance today from the Hoyas who I expect to go deep into the tournament despite losing four of their last six. South Florida beat the Hoyas 72-64 (+12.5) February 3rd after being down by nine at halftime to outscore the Hoyas by seventeen in the second half. Freeman and Monroe both had 21 points in that game and you should expect an even greater performance today. The Hoyas simply overlooked South Florida after a big win against Duke but will be much focused today. Just like I said about the Milwaukee Bucks last night, This team is hungry and with a big revenge factor on a big stage I see the Hoyas by 15 or more.

Play: 10* Georgetown -6.5

Charlotte is the "Jekyll and Hyde" of the NBA. A solid 23-8 at home but just 8-23 on the road where they have lost seven of their last nine. The Sixers have lost six of their last seven, though their first five losses in that stretch came against some of the league's elite team in; Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers, Orlando, Atlanta and Boston. Philadelphia seemed to be emerging from its slump when Thaddeus Young sparked a 114-101 win in Toronto on Sunday by scoring 32 points, but the Sixers fell right back into it Tuesday. Young, Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala combined for just 20 points total. Iguodala was the biggest surprise averaging 16.9 ppg. He was held to just 5 points which is his second lowest of the season. (4 points against the Knicks 1/13) Expect a big game from Iguodala as I don't think any of the Bobcats can stop him. Also look out for 76ers rookie Jrue Holiday who has scored 21 points in each of his past two games. A good sign after Holiday averaged 6.2 points in his first 52 NBA games.

Play: 10* Philadelphia 76ers +1.5

Posted : March 10, 2010 10:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

5* Denver Nuggets -8

3* Dallas Over 203

Posted : March 10, 2010 10:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter