52 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

4* Major NBA Playoffs *BEST BET* on Spurs +3

Despite allowing Phoenix to shoot nearly 52% from the field in Game 1, the Spurs found themselves down just 1 with just over 4 minutes to go in the game. Steve Nash went off in Game 1, looking very fresh after getting several days to rest his strained right hip. Expect the Spurs to tighten the screws defensively tonight, and don't expect Nash to be nearly as good without as much time in between games to recover. San Antonio's big 3 were as advertised in Game 1, but they didn't get much help. Coach Popovich has called out the other guys and I expect them to respond. After losing a close Game 1 in Dallas, we saw the Spurs respond to steal Game 2 with an impressive 102-88 win. After allowing the Mavs to shoot over 47% from the field in Game 1, they held them to just 36.5% shooting in Game 2. This is clear evidence of the adjustments that were made and the heightened level of focus and intensity that the Spurs came with after falling behind a game. I expect the same tonight. The Spurs are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a S.U. loss and we'll take them in this bounce back spot here.

3* System SMASH on Astros -103

Look for the Astros to end their 8-game skid tonight. Right away I really like the fact that plays on all teams when the money line is +125 to -125, Houston in this case, poor NL offensive team (=5.00), after a combined score of 4 runs or less, are 10-1 the last 3 seasons. Also, plays against road teams. Arizona in this case, NL team with a low on-base percentage (<=.350) against a team with a good bullpen (WHIP <=1.350), in May games, are a time-tested 202-97 the last 5 seasons. Myers is 26-9 against the money line in his career vs. NL teams scoring 5.3 or more runs/game on the season. This tells me he has risen to the occasion against the best lineups he has faced. I expect him to pitch well tonight and Houston should finally be poised to score some runs against Lopez, who was roughed up badly by the Cubs in his last start.

5* Never Lost MLB *Monster Mismatch* of the Month on Giants -130

Barry Zito is sizzling. He is off to a 4-0 start with an ERA of just 1.53 and a WHIP of only 0.877. In his 2 road starts, he's carrying an ERA of just 0.68 and a WHIP of only 0.675. On top of these dominant numbers, Zito has never lost to the Marlins. He is 4-0 (5-0 on the money line) with an ERA of 2.35 and a WHIP of 1.109 in 5 career starts against Florida. In addition, the Marlins have had trouble finding any rhythm at the plate against southpaw starters, averaging just 3.6 runs per game against them this season. Another thing in our favor here is that the Giants have proven they can win in Florida. They have won 9 of their last 14 when visiting the Marlins and 7 of the last 10 overall. Lastly, the Marlins have lost both of Nate Robertson's home starts and he is carrying an ERA of 8.00 in those games. We'll take the Giants.

Posted : May 5, 2010 3:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

EVAN ALTEMUS

3 Units Suns-Spurs Over 205.5

Posted : May 5, 2010 3:37 pm
(@norsemann)
Estimable Member

ROCKETMAN

5* SF Giants

Posted : May 5, 2010 3:44 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

30 Dime: SA Spurs

Don’t care that the home team has won all four Suns-Spurs meetings this season and five in a row dating to last year. Don’t care that Phoenix has cashed in all four clashes this year. Means nothing to me – just as the Mavericks’ dominance of San Antonio didn’t mean squat when I backed the Spurs in Game 2 of that opening-round series after they lost Game 1.

You may recall that in my analysis that day I praised Spurs coach Gregg Popovich for his ability to make adjustments from Game 1 to Game 2 of a playoff series, especially after losing the opener. Sure enough, San Antonio followed up that six-point series-opening loss in Dallas – a game in which George Hill and Richard Jefferson combined for five total points – with a 102-88 rout as a three-point underdog (with Hill and Jefferson contributing 26 points).

Well, here we are in the same situation again: San Antonio lost Game 1 handily, it got virtually nothing from its bench (Hill scored seven points, Jefferson scored five), and it is once again is a similar small underdog in Game 2. And I’m telling you, as was the case with Game 2 in Dallas, the Spurs are going to win this game outright – and win it handily.

In fact, just ask yourself these questions:

Do you see the Spurs letting Steve Nash score 17 first-quarter points (and 33 for the game) tonight?

Do you see Jefferson and Hill going a combined 3-for-12 (0-for-5 on three-pointers) for 14 total points tonight?

Do you see the Spurs allowing the Suns to shoot 52 percent from the field and score 56 points in the point (many of those uncontested layups by Nash)?

Do you see Suns guard Jason Richardson hitting 10 of 16 shots for 27 points?

My answer to those questions is an emphatic NO! And yet the Suns needed every single one of those breaks to put away the Spurs in Game 1 (as it was, San Antonio used second-quarter runs of 12-0 and 13-0 to twice rally from 14-point deficits). Well, I’m here to tell you that there’s no chance in hell a Popovich-coached team, down 1-0 in a series, is going to fall behind by 14 points again. In fact, in their Game 2 victory in Dallas, the Spurs led wire to wire!

Finally, chew on this fact: The Spurs and Suns met in four playoff series from 2003-07. Well, not only did San Antonio win all four series, but it never once lost consecutive games in any of those series. That streak isn’t ending tonight, as the Spurs bounce back big with an outright win and take control of this series!

Posted : May 5, 2010 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dr Baseball Guaranteed Selections

GRAND SLAM BASEBALL DOMINATOR WINNER

Boston w/Lackey -165

Posted : May 5, 2010 4:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Suns

Giants

Cards/Phil Under

Posted : May 5, 2010 4:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

St. Louis Cardinals -105

The Cardinals have been on fire to start the season, particularly due to great pitching from Wainwright. Philadelphia has a good pitcher in Hamels, but he clearly has faded since his dominate performances in the World Series a few years ago. Look for the Wainwright to pitch another gem and Hamels to struggle against a potent Cardinal offense. Take St. Louis.

This is yesterday's play my mistake didn't notice it didn't update, here is today's

Tampa Bay Rays +110

Although Cliff Lee is the better pitcher here, he is not going to be able to win any games if Seattle can not score. We saw what happened when we bet on him in his season debut - he pitched lights-out, scoreless baseball and lost. Seattle can not score and the Rays are the hottest team in baseball. Although Cliff Lee looks un-hittable right now, Tampa Bay should be able to produce one or two runs. That is all they need to win this game. Take the Rays.

Posted : May 5, 2010 4:49 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bob Balfe

Phoenix Suns -3

Posted : May 5, 2010 4:59 pm
(@big-time)
Eminent Member

Eddie Roman

5000 Dime White sox ML (-140) Garcia VS. Bannister

5000 Dime Rays ml (-105) Garza VS. Lee

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:00 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Power Play Wins

Phoenix Suns

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:00 pm
(@big-time)
Eminent Member

Steven Budin-CEO
WEDNESDAY'S PICK
The Greek Syndicate has a 25 Dime play on Phoenix in tonigho's game against San Antonio. As this play is releasead at 11:30 AM Eastern, the Suns are -2 1/2 points at the majority of books both in Vegas and offshore, although I do see a -3 at one location. No matter your price, I suggeot you buy down the 1/2 point on the Suns.

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:01 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LT Profits

2* Spurs

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Damn I am screwing up today. :-

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:05 pm
 ugk
(@ugk)
Estimable Member

As much as we are on here doing this--you can't really help but screw up occasionally. After a while your eyeballs start to cross. You do a wonderful job.

ugk

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:10 pm
(@big-time)
Eminent Member

Damn I am screwing up today. :-

its hump day!!!lol.

Posted : May 5, 2010 5:11 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share: