32 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

Butler at WRIGHT STATE (pk)

32-22-3 roll L57 Free Plays! For tonight's complimentary play, we're looking at the Butler/Wright State match up.

I know bettors are looking at this line, and salivating at the oppurtunity to play the Bulldogs as a pick'em in this contest. However, you can rest-assured, not only are these two teams evenly matched, but its the Raiders who are the play tonight, and here's why:

First, this is a conference match up, and usually these teams play competitive games. Granted, there's a couple of Butler blowouts sprinkled in there, but that only adds to the motivation. In fact, the last time the Bulldogs visited the Nutter Center, they eviscerated the Raiders 69-51... And that's the single largest motivating factor in this contest. Say it with me: R-E-V-E-N-G-E. Not only for that game, but the last time these two played, Butler won, but failed to cover as 10-point home favorites.

Second, I've followed Butler for years now, and believe me when I tell you, this is NOT one of their stronger defensive teams. Last season, not s single one of their opponents shot 50% or higher in 32 games. This season, already THREE teams have shot 50% or better, including Minnesota, Valparaiso, and Xavier! I believe the Raiders can and will take advantage of tonight.

How? Well, in case you haven't seen them play, they've been great on their home floor, averaging 75 ppg on nearly 48% shooting! Don't think for second that Troy Tabler and company forgot how Butler forced him and two of his backcourt mates into an 0-for-22 night in front of his home fans last season... Now its payback time versus a weaker Bulldogs D this time around!

Bottom line, Butler is a very good team in a very bad position tonight. Wright State is not only best on their home floor, but hungry for redemption after they got embarassed in front of friends and family the last time they met at the Nutter Center. Look for the Raiders to bring their "A" game tonight.

Take Wright State over Butler in this college hoops match up.

2♦ WRIGHT STATE

Posted : January 8, 2010 3:41 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Colorado @ Carolina
Play: Colorado -125

Carolina is 10-32 overall this year. Carolina is 1-8 on Friday night this year. Carolina is 1-7 this year when playing back to back days. Carolina is 1-10 this year after a non-conference game. Carolina is 2-14 this year after a loss by 2 goals or more. Colorado is 13-1-3 SU overall vs Carolina since 1996. Colorado is 6-1 SU and ATS at Carolina since 1996. We'll recommend a small play on Colorado tonight!

Posted : January 8, 2010 4:15 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: