48 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sac Lawson

SEA -125 vs OAK

It's really tough not to love this number with King Felix on the mound against Ben Sheets. Felix has had some solid success on the road (especially last season), and some solid success against Oakland as well in his career. Ben Sheets, on the other hand, has been out of the game for a bit due to injury, and you've got to wonder if his stuff is anywhere near where it was 2 years ago. Then again, in the games leading up to that injury he really wasn't looking to great in the first place.

I love the Mariners additions of Kotchman, Figgins, and Bradley. All of these guys will play huge roles, and it really will bring some consistency up and down their lineup. I know a lot of people are iffy on Bradley, but I truly believe he'll be happy to play here, happy to play in the American League again, and I think we'll see him play well this year.

On the Oakland side, you've got to wonder what their motivation is like today. They just demoted Jack Cust, a guy that has led the team in home runs each of the last two seasons, and not only is Cust shocked, but so are his teammates. A lot of craziness in the A's clubhouse for opening day, gotta wonder where their heads are for this one.

Posted : April 5, 2010 1:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

Duke -7½ over Butler

Want a fun betting tidbit? The Butler Bulldogs were 85-1 longshots to win the National Championship this season. 85-1! The fact that this team has made it all the way to the title game is one of the most incredible sports stories of the past 10 years. The Bulldogs played in the little known Horizon League, won every game and the conference tournament while last losing a game on December 22nd, 2009. Coach Brad Stevens could land almost any job in the college game and now has to be considered one of the elite coach’s on par with the Williams’, Krzyzewski’s and Boeheim’s. The Bulldogs knocked off 5 legitimate teams en route to the title game and whatever happens tonight it’s been the best season in the school’s history. Make no mistake, though, Butler is the clear underdog tonight. Duke knows exactly what’s expected of them tonight and unlike Butler isn’t in the so called “whatever happens tonight, it’s been an incredible ride” mode. This is a team that is on the cusp of capturing its first National Championship since 2001 and they’re doing it against an opponent they could crush if this were a regular season game. My favorite Duke stat heading into tonight’s game? They haven’t lost to a Mid Major conference team during the regular season in the last 5 years. That is an incredible statistic to keep in mind when betting this game. Granted, this is the Championship game, but Duke has faced off against much better teams in the ACC alone this season. Butler isn’t better than Maryland, Georgetown or even Clemson, teams that only beat Duke at home during the regular season. On a neutral court playing against a weaker opponent, I like the Blue Devils. Think of the last time you went on an amazing run at a craps table or kept winning straight-up bets at the Roulette wheel – there comes a point when you say “I don’t care what happens the rest of the night, this has been the run of a lifetime.” Well, think of the Blue Devils as the house – the team with the better talent always wins in the long run. It’s been an incredible tournament for the Bulldogs but I don’t see how they win this game. Duke is and has been the best team since the start of the season and I see them being crowned National Champions. Play: Duke –7½ (No bets).

Posted : April 5, 2010 2:43 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Davis

Today's free play is on the Seattle Mariners over Oakland as I just don't know what to make of Ben Sheets on the hill. This guy has battled more injuries in the past than most pitchers do in their entire career, and with Seattle improving its offense and defense in the off-season, I don't think they can be taken lightly anymore. They improved their pitching staff, too, adding lefty Cliff Lee to an already-improving staff. But tonight we get to see last year's ace, Felix Hernandez, who usually sizzles in April with a 9-5 career record and a 2.79 ERA in this month. Maybe if he were playing the Yankees or the Red Sox or another potent offense I might consider avoiding this play, but the A's just don't give me any reason to think Seattle can't win this thing by at least two runs. I like Seattle to come into Oakland tonight and dominate from the early going. Take the Mariners as your free play of the day.

2♦ SEATTLE

Posted : April 5, 2010 4:53 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: