41 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Michael Cannon

Villanova +4' at WEST VIRGINIA

I am now 74-63-3 with my last 140 free plays.

Take the points with Villanova on the road over West Virginia.

I don’t foresee the Wildcats having back-to-back duds. Georgetown completely overwhelmed them in the first half on Saturday, but this Villanova team is too good to let that happen again.

Morgantown is a tough venue, there’s no question about that. Some would argue that the Mountaineers are the better team, especially with the addition of Deniz Kulicli. West Virginia is going to have an advantage in the paint with Kulicli, but Villanova is good enough to neutralize him by driving the lane and drawing fouls.

Remember, this Villanova team is a probable No.1 seed come tourney time, so it would be a complete surprise to me if they can’t stay within this number.

The Wildcats are on ATS surges of 9-3 overall, 8-3 in Big East play, 5-1 on the road, 5-0 on Monday and 10-4 against teams with a winning record.

The Mountaineers are on pointspread slides of 1-4 after a spread-cover and 1-6 at home against teams with a winning road record.

Take the points with Villanova as they stay within the number.

3♦ VILLANOVA

Posted : February 8, 2010 12:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GoodFella

NOH +9.5 vs ORL

This is the 1st meeting between these two clubs this season tonight--as both teams got blowout wins on their home floor in these clubs 2 meetings last season. The Magic come into tonights game, coming off a HUGE win AT Boston yesterday--in a game that was seen on ABC--Tonight is the 3rd game in 4 days for Orlando & obviously a back to back spot. Orlando is (6-6 SU & ATS) when playing on ZERO days rest this season--and I really see tonights game as a letdown spot for the Magic. The Chris Paul (Less) Hornets come into town, having lost 4 of 5 before their win AT Charlotte on Saturday night, as 8.5 pt dogs. It was a tough spot for the Bobcats--as it was their 1st game back at home, off a lengthy West Coast roadie--Orlando does leave for a 2 game road trip after tonights game--to try and atone for a couple losses earlier this season--to both the Bulls and Cavs--I like the way Collison is filling in for CP3 and this kid brings a ton of energy and defense to the table--so I will take the couple extra points of VALUE we are getting with CP3 being out. New Orleans is (5-0 ATS L/5) road games vs teams with a home win% of .600 or higher-so we can see how they have battled vs the better clubs--Bottom line for me--I see the Hornets hanging around tonight & definitely see Value with the +9.5 here.

Posted : February 8, 2010 1:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

GOLDEN STATE +4/+1.54 over Dallas

The Mav’s are on the brink of a major overhaul and every player is feeling the pressure. Mark Cuban has openly stated he’s not about to sit around and watch and Cuban is a guy who speaks before he thinks. He’s a great guy to play for when things are going good and he’s a great guy away from the court but he’s as volatile as any owner and then some and when he’s on one of his tirades the tension he creates is too much. Besides that the Mav’s have never reacted well under pressure. This team has choked every single time in a big playoff game and while this isn’t close to that, the pressure is mounting every day on the Mav’s. Meanwhile, the Warriors put no pressure on themselves because they’re expected to lose. However, they play loose and they have fun and in no way are they pushovers, especially in their own house. The Warriors are 15-7 against the spread in its last 22 games and they almost always beat these Mav’s when the game is on the Warriors home floor. Play: Golden State +1.54 (Risking 1 unit) Play: Golden State +4 (Risking 1.03 units to win 1).

Posted : February 8, 2010 1:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Nova / West Virginia OVER 150

While the Side Play is tight here and I think a bit too much for the home team, WV has a way of blowing out good teams in here, so I look at the total. Nova has the #2 offense in the land, they are 13-3 ATS on OVERS their last 16 games, this series has went over 7 out of 10 times, and Nova is 14-7 on OVERS for the year. The way for Nova to win this game is score points. Bottom line, a shootout in the Big East tonight!

Posted : February 8, 2010 1:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Niagara at Rider
Pick: Rider +1.5

Niagara has had a few good seasons in the MAAC, but they are short of what those teams accomplished this season, but the reputation lives on. Niagara picked up a lot of soft wins early, but the reality is setting in as conference play has been the order of the day. Niagara is just 3-6 straight-up over their last nine games. The Broncos are riding a streak that shows them winning three of their last four, and won on the road at Niagara earlier on. The Purple Eagles are just 2-8 ATS off an ATS win, while the Broncos riding high as a home dog of 6.5 or less with a 10-4 ATS mark. I'll go with Rider in this one.

Posted : February 8, 2010 4:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Higgs

Kansas vs. Texas
Play: Texas +2

Taking the Longhorns here. Both teams experienced, but only 1 is playing well. The visiting Jayhawks. That being said, I like Texas to get it done tonight. Clearly they are a talented bunch but haven't put together an 'A' game in awhile. Nothing like the #1 Ranked team and a bitter conference foe coming to your home court to get you in the mood. Take the Longhorns as they win OUTRIGHT tonight

Posted : February 8, 2010 4:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

Kansas vs. Texas
Play: Texas +1.5

5* graded play on Texas as they host Kansas set to start at 9:00 EST in a huge Big-12 matchup. When Texas was ranked number 1 this game would have been lined at about Texas -4. With Texas losing the way they have since that number 1 rank the public is essentially throwing the baby out with the bath water. Texas has lost 9 of 10 ATS and are just 6-4 SU over that same span of games. Our proprietary sports handicapping mode/simulator shows a high probability that Texas will win this game. If there was ever a time for this vastly under rated team to get their act together it has to be playing a conference foe that just happens to be ranked number 1. Texas has been a solid investment in this role as they are 38-20 ATS (+16.0 Units) in home games versus excellent teams that are shooting >=45% with a defense of <=42% since 1997; 13-2 ATS (+10.8 Units) in home games after failing to cover 4 of their last 5 against the spread since 1997. Kansas is ranked number 1 are certainly going to be a contender for the National Championship, but they are in a very bad spot tonight. They are just 13-2 ATS (+10.8 Units) in home games after failing to cover 4 of their last 5 against the spread since 1997. Take Texas.

Posted : February 8, 2010 4:22 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Craig Trapp

New Orleans Hornets vs.
Play:Orlando Magic -9

The Magic are coming off a game last night that should be a huge confidence builder as they beat BOS on the road after being down double digits late in the 2nd half. This Magic team is finally starting to develop that chemistry this team had in the playoffs last year. Vince Carter is finally fitting in and even better Reddick has filled the shooting that Hedo left. ORL is 4-1 ATS in L5 games and have a huge advantage both inside and out. NO had a good win on Saturday against a tired CHA team but they will struggle w/o Paul against a top flight defense. ORL is one of the best home teams in the league and tonight will show it. ORL in a blowout!

Posted : February 8, 2010 4:23 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander

1 Unit on New Orleans Hornets +9.5

After a big come from behind win over the Celtics yesterday, I believe Orlando will be too emotionally and physically drained to cover this number tonight. I know Chris Paul is out, but Darren Collison has played very well as his replacement. In fact, he is coming off a 24-point performance in a win over the Bobcats Saturday. The underdog is 8-2-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings in this series and the Hornets are 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings in Orlando. The Hornets are also 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog and 7-0 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. We'll take the points.

Posted : February 8, 2010 6:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

1 Unit on Villanova Wildcats +6

Villanova will be extremely motivated tonight after suffering its first Big East loss to Georgetown Saturday. The Wildcats are 15-6 ATS in all lined games this season and I expect this trend to continue as they take the Mountaineers down to the wire tonight. The Mountaineers are just 4-13 ATS in their last 17 games as a favorite of 6.5 or fewer points and 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600. We'll take the points here.

Posted : February 8, 2010 6:12 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

O.C. Dooley

West Virginia -5.5

This is one of those wagers where the oddsmakers have made a loud statement as #2 ranked Villanova (20-2) has been cast as a prohibitive underdog. To make a long story short with a victory this evening West Virginia could move up to the #4 slot which would be their highest national ranking since way back in 1962 when Jerry West starred for the school. Ever since Bob Huggins arrived as head coach West Virginia is a rousing 33-6 in front of their HOME fans and last year pounded Villanova by a 93-72 count in Morgantown. West Virginia's roster has been bulked up as big man Deniz Kilici has served an NCAA 20-game suspension. On Saturday West Virginia climbed out of a 16-point hole in the second half to WIN by a 79-60 count. My database research indicates that West Virginia is 8-0 ATS when the posted total is in the 150's. West Virginia is also 6-0 ATS/HOME in the month of February the past three years

Posted : February 8, 2010 6:19 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: