32 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

1 Unit on NY Mets -152

The Mets are 13-6 at home this season, and I'll back them at home tonight behind John Maine. After getting off to a slow start, Maine has turned things around in a hurry. The Mets have won his last 3 starts while he has posted an ERA of just 2.30 in those games. I also take comfort in knowing that he is a perfect 10-0 on the money line in home games against teams who are outscored by their opponents by 0.5 or more runs per game on the season over the last 3 seasons, with the Mets winning these games by an average score of 5.8 to 2.3. And how about this? The Mets are 10-2 in Maine's last 12 starts vs. the Nationals and 6-0 in his last 6 home starts vs. Nats. Luis Atilano has been solid for Washington, but giving up 6 earned in his last start against the Braves leads me to believe he's starting to come back down to earth. Take the Mets.

Posted : May 10, 2010 2:53 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony George

Utah -2.5

Just have a feeling one of the stronger teams at home in the NBA makes a stand tonight, especially after the heartbreaker they had against LA on Saturday. I also expect a shootout tonight and that total looks suspect to me as well. I cannot imagine LA keeping up a 50% in FG% or the 6th game in a row, and this line has been adjusted down 2 to 3 points from the last game, giving some room for opportunity with the Jazz

Posted : May 10, 2010 5:38 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: