39 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JR O'Donnell

Georgia St -4

The Panthers are coming home after three flat out MONSTER roadies... @ James Madison, George Mason and VCU-three teams with a combined record of 40-13 overall & a smooth 14-4 Colonial A A mark. The Panthers need to pound somebody and these Delaware Hens are the right team to get blasted at Geo State today......... We are on a smooth 8-2 run and are super focused today. These Panthers are lead by all world Senior wing Dante Curry is the Panthers' leading scorer at 10.6 points per game from Orlando, Fla. Coach Rod Barnes leads this 8-9 ball club and they will get back to .500 early today!!

Magee and Buckner will be way to much here for a Blue hens ball club that is a terrible prop on the road. The Blue Hens got blasted at Drexel and Unc Wilmington by 13 and 23. The Panthers check in @ 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games as a home favorite & these Hens 3 -7 ATS in their last 10 games as an underdog. The Home team checks in @ 3-0-1 ATS in the last 4 meetings.

Posted : January 22, 2011 9:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brent Brooks

Loyola, Md -5.5

Yes, Marist has improved over last year. We are seeing some shorter lines on them as a result. But the Greyhounds have something special going right now. Only a road loss to Iona muddies their Metro record. J'hared Hall has emerged as a game changing scorer from the outside. Also, the Red Foxes have absolutely no one to match up with Shane Walker who is good for 10/8 or 12/9 level production. Going Greyhounds here.

Ohio -2

A talented under-performing team in desperate need of a conference win - that's Ohio right now. After two tough road losses, the Bobcats return home to face Buffalo. DJ Cooper and company are already 1-3 in the MAC and losing here would spell doom for any chances of the sort of season they were projected for. Total motivational play here.

Marquette +3

If you look at Marquette's track record so far this season, they don't back down from anyone. A five point loss to Duke. Same to Wisconsin. One point losses at Vandy and Louisville. We're given a short line here and as good as ND has been at home they are the knee jerk choice. However, I believe Marquette hangs in this game and stands a good chance to win. The Eagles won't dig the same sort of first half hole that Cincy did because they are too fundamentally sound to allow so many dunks and layups. Close game here, taking 'quette in a bit of upset.

N. Texas -8

he Mean Green look to no further behind Denver in the West portion of the Sun Belt. Arkansas State after getting embarrassed by Denver should play better but NT at home will be too much. Double Digit win for North Texas over a short handed Red Wolves Squad.

Posted : January 22, 2011 9:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John Ryan

Ohio State vs. Illinois
Play: Illinois +3

5* graded play on Illinois as they take on Ohio State set to start at Noon EST. My proprietary sports handicapping database and simulator shows a high probability that Illinois will upset Ohio State with a huge win today in Big-10 action. Given the huge slate of games the research necessary to delve through all of them this ‘member’ play is abbreviated. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 54-24 ATS for 69% winners since 2005. Play against all teams where the line is +3 to -3 after four straight games where both teams score 70 points or less and with four starters returning from last season. Illinois is off a big win against Big Ten conference foe Michigan State 71-62 and covered as four point favorites. Note that Illinois is a strong 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) in home games off a home win against a conference rival since 1997. Take Illinois.

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

1 Unit on San Antonio Spurs -3

The Spurs have defeated the Hornets by 14 and 25 points respectively in the last 2 meetings and I expect them to take care of business against New Orleans again Saturday. While New Orleans is a very solid home club, we can't ignore the fact that it is just 1-6 ATS in its last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning percentage of greater than .600. Plus, San Antonio is proven in the road chalk, going 5-0-1 ATS in its last 6 games as a road favorite of 4.5 or fewer points. New Orleans will likely keep this one close for a while, but I expect the Spurs to pull away late to cover this small number. Lay the points.

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:46 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ray Monohan

Ohio State vs. Illinois
Play: Ohio State -2½

No. 1 Ohio State, which rolled past Iowa 70-48 on Wednesday, gets a much toughest test Saturday when it travels to Champaign, Ill., to play No. 22 Illinois. The teams met three times last season with Ohio State winning all three, including an 88-81 overtime victory in the Big Ten Tournament. Illinois sits third in the Big ten with a 14-5 record. While they have not had the success of Ohio State, they have positioned themselves to be the spoiler of the conference. OHIO St. are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 road games. Road team is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings. Ohio State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road. Illinois is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games when playing Ohio State. Ohio State hosts No. 13 Purdue on Tuesday. Illinois travels to Indiana on Thursday. This should be a high-scoring affair, and in a run-n-gun type of game I'll play the Buckeyes in a heartbeat. Give the points.

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Iowa State +9.5

I'll take the Iowa State Cyclones Saturday catching too many points against Missouri. Iowa State remains one of the most underrated teams in the country this season. The Cyclones are 14-5 this season with all five losses coming by single-digits. Four losses came by 6 points or less and another came in overtime. ISU even gave Kansas a run for their money in a 79-84 loss to the Jayhawks. Missouri is a solid team, but I don't see any way they win by double-digits Saturday against the Cyclones.

Iowa State is a very profitable 8-2 ATS in their last 10 meetings at Missouri. The underdog is 15-5-1 ATS in the last 21 meetings. Iowa State is 7-1-1 ATS in their last 9 games against Big 12 foes. The Cyclones are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games, 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600, and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games as a road underdog. ISU is 10-2 ATS versus very good teams - outscoring their opponents by 8+ points/game after 15+ games over the last 2 seasons. Bet Iowa State Saturday.

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

CRAIG DAVIS

Today's free play is on the Syracuse Orange to take care of business over Villanova.

I realize they've giving a few more points than you'd probably like (me too), but it reminds me an awful lot of the Syracuse/Pitt game from early in this week. Two great teams squaring off in the Big East, the home team was favored by a number bigger than many wanted to see, yet the home team held on for the pointspread cover when all was said and done.

That's what Pitt did to Syracuse earlier this week and that's exactly what I expect Syracuse, whose a little ticked off from that game, to do to Villanova today. Don't get me wrong... I think 'Nova is fully capable of taking care of business, keeping this thing close and possibly even winning, but we have an angry Orange team at home looking to keep pace with the Panthers.

Syracuse is a perfect 13-0 at home and beat the 'Cats the last time they came to New York... by 18. Villanova's one-and-only tough Big East road game came earlier this week at UConn... a 61-59 loss in a game they could have easily lost by 6 or more.

I like Syracuse to "right the ship" and win this thing by double digits.

3♦ SYRACUSE

Scott Delaney

Bruce Pearl or not, I don't trust the Volunteers stepping out of conference to play a tough Huskies team that is ranked eighth in the nation and gets to play this one on its own court.

Pearl is prohibited from being with the Vols on game days against an SEC opponent through Feb. 5, and even though he's able to watch his team, and analyze after the fact, it just seems like too much distraction for me, especially in having to travel to Connecticut.

True, Tennessee is finding plenty of ways to stay in ball games, and is even winning some at the wire, but tentative play won't cut it against the Huskies. I know the Vols have wins over Memphis, Pittsburgh and Villanova, but U Conn is going to be ready for this sold-out contest that will be featured on CBS.

The Huskies will be able to feed off the crowd, not to mention a recent win over seventh-ranked Villanova, as Kemba Walker's game-winning shot with 2.5 seconds remaining fell to give UConn a 61-59 win.

Tennessee checks in on ATS slides of 5-11 after an ATS cover, 1-4 after a straight-up win, 1-5 in non-conference play and 3-7 overall.

On the contrary, Connecticut is on ATS runs of 6-0 in non-league games, 8-2 against winning teams, 16-5 after a straight-up win and 4-1 overall.

Lay the home chalk.

2♦ CONNECTICUT

CHRIS JORDAN

Normally I'd have to question a West Coast team traveling East, in the middle of conference play, especially one that is considered to be a mid-major taking on a major conference foe.

But there's something to be said for this St. Mary's team that is carrying an 11-game win streak into Nashville, and that hasn't lost since Dec. 1, when it fell to still-undefeated San Diego State, one of only three unbeaten teams in Division I basketball.

Ranked 22nd in the nation and leading the West Coast Conference, there's no reason to worry about this team looking ahead to the league-rival Gonzaga, which is in second place, or Portland, which is 14-5 on the year but just lost to sub-par San Francisco.

Not when the Gaels are as focused as they are.

This is a team that has won by double digits in every game its won during the win streak, except an 82-74 victory over Long Beach State.

And if you haven't watched this team perform, today is a good day to do so, as the wonderful guard tandem of Mickey McConnell and Matthew Dellavedova is sure to excite.

These two work on their own, so the game is so much faster for the Gaels, as they're not slowing down to look at the sidelines, to pick up play calls, to deliver them to teammates on the court. Bennett allows the duo to make the calls, and it's a system that's working.

McConnell is averaging 15 points and 6.4 assists, while shooting 49 percent from the trey arc and 91 percent from the charity stripe. Dellavedova is averaging 12.8 points and 5.9 assists and is making 40 percent of his shots from beyond the three-point line.

The team ranks ninth in the nation with 83.2 points per game, while it's 21.6 winning edge ranks fourth in the nation in scoring margin.

Look for the Gaels to shine in Nashville, and outclass Vanderbilt this afternoon.

3♦ ST. MARY'S

Karl Garrett

Now for your comp play winner...Revenge time at College Station as the Aggies come back home fresh off their nationally-televised blowout loss at Texas on Wednesday to face a Kansas State team that put the screws to them last January in Manhatten, 88-65.

Mark Turgeon's team has been lights out at Reed Arena where they have won all 11 games this season, and are 2-1-1 against the spread in their 4 lined home dates.

Kansas State continues to struggle, as the Wildcats have dropped 3 of their last 4 straight up.

Coach Martin's team is just 2-6 against the spread away from home this year.
The Aggies are actually in "double-revenge" today, as the Wildcats not only crushed the Aggies at K-State last season, and they have also won their last visit to the Reed Arena back in February of '09.

With the 'Cats slumping right now, the Aggies smarting after their loss at Texas, and the Aggies back home in "double-revenge" it looks like the perfect storm is a-brewing to the G-Man!

A&M makes a statement in this home win and cover.

Lay it!

4♦ TEXAS A&M

Joel Tyson

As for your Saturday comp play, about the only thing positive you can see right now about the La Salle Explorers is they are a great go against play.

The Philadelphia crew comes into this conference roadie in Kingston with just 2 straight up wins their last 10 times on court, and worse still is their 5 straight spread losses, and spread failures now in 7 of their last 8 games on line.

With an overall 11-28 spread slide saddled like an albatross on their backs, there is no chance you can take the points here with the visitors.

Rhode Island is catching an updraft with 3 straight wins and wins in 6 of their last 8 overall.

Big number here, but no problem laying it with the Rams over the backsliding Explorers.

4♦ RHODE ISLAND

Bobby Maxwell

For my comp play, Cincinnati is quickly seeing all its hard work early in the season go down the drain with its horrible road play. Look for another ugly road loss for the Bearcats today when they go to Carnisecca Arena to take on the Red Storm of St. John’s.

Cincinnati went to Notre Dame on Wednesday and fell 66-58, shooting just 29 percent from the floor in the first half. Over their last four games, the Bearcats have shot the ball at a 36.8 percent clip. This team has looked terrible in its three Big East road games and they haven’t covered in any of their last four overall.

St. John’s is just like Cincinnati. The Red Storm isn’t much on the road, but at home, this team is tough. They upended Notre Dame on Sunday at home 72-54 as a three-point favorite. They own wins over Northwestern and Georgetown at home as well in the last month.

The Bearcats come into this one on ATS skids of 0-4 overall, 1-8 as a ‘dog of up to 6 ½ points, 7-19 after a straight-up loss and 7-17 after a non-cover. St. John’s is on several positive ATS runs, including 13-6 on Saturdays, 7-3 in Big East action and 5-1 at home as a chalk of up to 6 ½ points.

St. John’s have played very well at home against Top-25 opponents and they’ll keep up that solid play today. Cincinnati isn’t much on the road and they will struggle again tonight. Lay the small points and look for St. John’s to win this one by at least 8.

4♦ ST. JOHN'S

STEPHEN NOVER

As for your free winner, Mississippi State is a very dangerous team now that point guard Dee Bost and forward Renardo Sidney, two players with pro-type talent, are in the lineup.
They give the Bulldogs two scorers - Sidney inside and Bost on the outside - to go with Ravern Johnson on the wing.

The Bulldogs have gone through six different lineups as Bost and Sidney served NCAA and team suspensions missing a combined 26 games. This will be just the fourth time this season the Bulldogs will have their best lineup intact. Sidney and Bost have combined to score 73 points, nearly 50 percent of the Bulldogs' offense, during the past two games.

After a miserable December, the Bulldogs are a play-on team with wins and covers in their last two games against Mississippi and Auburn. They should continue to improve as Bost and Sidney become more adjusted to their teammates.

Mississippi State is a completely different team with Bost and Sidney in the lineup together.

So there is value backing the Bulldogs as double-digit 'dogs because the database still reflects bad home losses to Florida Atlanta and East Tennessee State and road losses to Virginia Tech, Washington State and St. Mary's.

Georgia is in a tough bounce back spot after a bitter 59-57 loss to Tennessee this past Tuesday. The Volunteers nipped the Bulldogs on a buzzer-beating put-back by center Brian Williams, who appeared to commit an offensive foul on the play by going over the back. That loss and play has really lingered with Georgia.

3♦ MISSISSIPPI STATE

JOEL TYSON

Saturday afternoon I am gonna lay the road chalk with the Louisville Cardinals as they play at Providence against a Friars team that is looking to stop a 6 game slide.

Providence has played their last 3, and 4 of those 6 away from home, but even though they are 10-2 straight up on their home floor, I am hard-pressed to make a convincing case for this team, as it is obvious the Cardinals have their number.

Louisville is on a 6-game series win and cover streak, 4 of those 6 wins coming by double-digit margins.

Pitino's crew is finding their groove right now, winning 4 straight and 7 of their last 9 as well.

Have to go with the road chalk in this Big East battle, as the Cards uptick continues while the Friars spiral gets worse.

4♦ LOUISVILLE

Derek Mancini

Could the oddsmakers be more obvious? The MVC is a very competitive conference, so when you see this kind of line, in this kind of game, it immediately sends up red flags. Why would the guys in Vegas ask you to lay this many in what looks like a relatively close match up? The answer is pretty obvious: because they're desperately trying to get entice you to bet Creighton in this spot. Sorry but I'm not taking the bait, and neither should you.

Looking the specific match up, we know Missouri State is the best team in the conference (record-wise), and with good reason. They're as good a mid-major defense as they come, allowing just 58 ppg over their L5 games. Best example is their impressive 59-56 outright win at Wichita State, holding one of the best teams in the conference to just 41% shooting on their own home floor. The Bluejays offense isn't nearly as good, especially on the road (62 ppg away).

The last piece of the puzzle is their uncanny ability to get their offense going on their home floor. A big part of the reason they're 10-0 SU (5-2-2 ATS) in Springfield is the 76 ppg on 52% shooting (42% from long range) they average on the season. Few MVC teams can match their intensity on both ends of the court. Still, I go back to the fishy line, as the Bluejays are 6-1 ATS away, and have played well on the road for most of the season... Again, why are the guys in Vegas giving you so many points with what is a very lucrative road team? I smell a trap, buyer beware, the Bears will roll at home Saturday afternoon.

3♦ MISSOURI STATE

CHUCK O'BRIEN

For Saturday’s first of two complimentary college basketball releases, take Louisville on the road at Providence.

One of the most difficult things to do as a handicapper is admit your preseason power ratings were way off on a specific team. Well, the time has come for me to admit I’ve been wrong about Louisville. I was skeptical of Rick Pitino’s Cardinals for the simple fact that they played their first 14 games this season inside their own state (with 12 of those games at home) and only two of those contests were against decent opponents (UNLV and Kentucky).

And while it’s true that two of Louisville’s three losses were ugly (78-63 at home to Kentucky; 88-74 at Villanova), it’s also true that the Cardinals have proven resilient. They followed up a shocking 52-46 home loss to Drexel with three straight 30-plus-point wins. Then they followed up the Kentucky loss with blowout wins over Seton Hall (73-54 at home) and South Florida (86-77 on the road, the first game away from their own state). Finally, Louisville rebounded from the Villanova debacle with last Saturday’s miraculous 71-70 home win over Marquette (the Cardinals closed the game on a 24-5 run!) and Wednesday’s 88-63 demolition of St. John’s.

Today, the Cardinals hit the road for just the fourth time all year, and they face a Providence squad that’s fallen apart. After losing their first five Big East games by varying margins, the Friars hit rock-bottom last Sunday when they turned a 17-point lead at South Florida into a 79-72 loss. Thus, Providence has gone from 11-2 overall (10-0 at home) to 11-8 overall (10-2 at home) in the span of three weeks.

Not only are the Friars off to an 0-for-6 start to the conference season, but they’ve given an average of 85 ppg in their last four outings; now they’re facing an opponent that’s averaging 81.1 ppg (15th best in the nation). If all that’s not enough to love Louisville, consider this: In last year’s lone meeting, the Cardinals went to Rhode Island and spanked Providence 92-70 as a 3½-point road chalk. In fact, since they joined the Big East in 2005-05, the Cardinals are 6-0 SU and ATS against Providence, with three wins the last two years by margins of 18, 18 and 22 points!

Barring a lack of focus, Louisville sends the Friars (8-20 ATS last 28 at home; 8-21 ATS last 29 on Saturday) to their seventh straight Big East loss, and does so convincingly. Chuckster calls this one 85-73 in favor of the visitors.

3♦ LOUISVILLE

CHUCK O'BRIEN

For Saturday’s second of two complimentary college basketball releases, take Notre Dame at home against Marquette.

One word: Payback! Back on Jan. 10 – the day of the BCS title game between Auburn and Oregon – the Irish went to Milwaukee and got drilled 79-57 as just a 3½-point road underdog. Notre Dame followed that with an ugly 18-point road loss at St. John’s, but on Wednesday they returned home and took out Cincinnati 66-58 as a four-point home favorite (and I cashed a 40 Dime winner – my biggest college basketball release EVER – in that game).

Why did I put “home” in italics? Because the Irish are a completely different team at Joyce Arena than they are away from South Bend. Consider this: Notre Dame is 0-3 in Big East road games (averaging just 56.3 ppg), but in four conference home games the Irish are 4-0 SU and ATS, trashing the likes of Cincinnati, Georgetown (69-55) and St. John’s (76-61), while also upending UConn (73-70). For the year, Notre Dame is 12-0 at home, outscoring visitors by an average of 20.1 ppg.

Marquette’s first two Big East road trips have not gone well, as it fell 89-81 at Pitt two Saturdays ago, then lost 71-70 at Louisville last Saturday, blowing an 18-point second-half lead– and by second half, I mean the Eagles squandered that lead in the final eight minutes! Even though Marquette cashed in both those games as an underdog and it is the hottest spread-covering team in college basketball (7-0 ATS run), none of those contests were against an opponent that’s 12-0 at home, 13-4 ATS in its last 17 games following a victory and – perhaps most importantly – hell-bent on revenge.

Notre Dame (11-4 ATS last 15 conference contests) duplicates Wednesday’s performance against Cincinnati, jumping out to a big lead and then icing the game at the free-throw line (the Irish shoot 72.8% from the charity stripe, including 75.3% at home) en route to a seven-point win.

3♦ NOTRE DAME

SCOTT DELANEY

Most certainly going to expect this late game to go Over the posted number, as these rival Aggies from both schools will be set to put on a show in the nightcap for college basketball.

Quite honestly, in Western Athletic Conference basketball, this matchup right here is like Boise State/Nevada in football, as the rivalry is intense. The fact it'll be played before a nationally televised ESPNU audience just heats things up even more.

Make note, I'm well aware these two have played Under in four of their last five meetings, but it's split 5-5 the last 10 overall.

And this is an entirely different season than in year's past, as the Aggies from New Mexico State have gone Over in five of their last six games, while the hometown Aggies out of Logan, Utah have gone high in four of their last six.

Utah State is going to press the offensive issue in this one, and force an uptempo game, hoping the crowd will play the role of sixth man, and help stifle their guests. Thing is, I expect the visiting Aggies to respond and play competitively.

New Mexico State is on Over runs of 4-1 after a straight-up loss, 7-3 after an ATS setback and 5-1 overall. With Utah State, the Aggies are on Over streaks of 14-5 after an ATS loss and 4-1 as the home chalk.

Play the one high.

2♦ NEW MEXICO STATE/UTAH STATE OVER

BRETT ATKINS

Now to my free winner - Baylor is a streaky team. When things are going well, this team looks as good as any in the country. When things are going bad – they look terrible.

They have played horribly in the last two games, losses at Iowa State a week ago and at home to Kansas on Monday. Today the Bears will get healthy against an Oklahoma State team that just never seems to show up in road games.

Baylor has won three straight against the Cowboys at home and cashed in four straight. They have covered six of the last nine against Oklahoma State and they are on ATS surges of 8-3 at home against teams with a losing record and 7-3 as a 6 ½-point favorite.

The Cowboys won in OT at home against Iowa State on Wednesday, snapping a two game losing streak. Both losses came on the road where they are 16-33-2 ATS in their last 51 as a road underdog. Oklahoma State has been terrible on the road this season and they’ll lose this one by double digits.

Lay the points with Baylor in this one.

3♦ BAYLOR

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BOBBY MAXWELL

For my comp play, Ohio State has climbed to the top spot in the country with its outstanding play this season, rattling off 19 straight wins, including a 70-48 destruction of Iowa on Wednesday as a 19 ½-point favorite. The Buckeyes are playing as good as anybody has in the country this year and I’ll lay the small chalk with them in Illinois today.

The Buckeyes have already gone into Indiana, Iowa and Michigan and scored road wins and they went to Illinois last season and blew out the Illini 72-53 as a two-point favorite. The Buckeyes have won eight of the last 10 meetings with Illinois dating back to 2005 and they have cashed in six of those 10.

What makes this team so good is Ohio State plays from the inside out, using the talents of Jared Sullinger and Dallas Lauderdale to free up the outside shooting. The Buckeyes allow just 56.6 points per game this season while scoring 79.3 points per contest and shooting 50 percent from the floor.

Ohio State is on several positive ATS streaks, including 7-2 on the road, 5-2 as a road favorite and 5-2 on the road against teams with winning home records. On the other side, the Illini are on ATS skids of 1-7 as a home ‘dog and 1-4 as a ‘dog anywhere of up to 6 ½ points.

The road team is 6-2 ATS in the last eight meetings between these two teams and Ohio State will improve on that number today. I’ve got no concerns laying the points with the Buckeyes on the road.

4♦ OHIO STATE

STEPHEN NOVER

As for your free winner, Memphis flies under the radar in an underdog role going 15-5-1 ATS the past 21 times it has received points.

The Grizzlies should cover again in this matchup - if not beat crippled Milwaukee outright.

The Bucks continue to struggle. They are 4-8 in their last 12 games. Their victories during this span have been against Washington at home. The Wizards are 0-20 on the road. A win against 12-31 New Jersey, a victory against Dallas - which was missing Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion and Caron Butler played less than 10 minutes before getting injured - and a win against Cleveland, which has lost 25 of its last 26.

The Grizzlies play in a stronger conference than Milwaukee yet are four games better than the Bucks. They enter this matchup off a confidence-building 115-110 win against Houston.

Memphis has two outstanding players in Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay. The Grizzlies' bench strength received an added boost with Tony Allen returning last night.

The Bucks are last in scoring and shooting percentage. They beat the lowly Cavaliers, the worst team in the NBA, without their two top scorers, Brandon Jennings and John Salmons. Center Andrew Bogut has been slowed by a virus. He could be especially bothered in this matchup playing for the second time in two nights.

The Grizzlies lead the league in forced turnovers per game. Jennings is the Bucks' primary ball-handler. The Bucks are forced to use well-traveled backups Keyon Dooling and tiny Earl Boykins until Jennings returns.

4♦ MEMPHIS

Posted : January 22, 2011 10:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DUNKEL INDEX

NHL

Columbus at St. Louis
The Blue Jackets look to take advantage of a St. Louis team that is 1-5 in its last 6 games as a favorite. Columbus is the pick (+140) according to Dunkel, which has the Blue Jackets favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Columbus (+140).

Game 1-2: New Jersey at Philadelphia (1:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: New Jersey 11.283; Philadelphia 12.467
Dunkel Line & Total: Philadelphia (-230); 6
Vegas Line & Total: Philadelphia (-230); 5
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (-230); Over

Game 3-4: Chicago at Detroit (2:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Chicago 12.730; Detroit 11.203
Dunkel Line & Total: Chicago by 1 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Detroit (-135); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Chicago (+115); Under

Game 5-6: Boston at Colorado (3:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Boston 10.654; Colorado 12.200
Dunkel Line & Total: Colorado by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Colorado (-120); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (-120); Over

Game 7-8: NY Rangers at Atlanta (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: NY Rangers 11.197; Atlanta 10.535
Dunkel Line & Total: NY Rangers by 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Atlanta (-120); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: NY Rangers (+100); Under

Game 9-10: Washington at Toronto (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Washington 11.031; Toronto 12.263
Dunkel Line & Total: Toronto by 1; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Washington (-135); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+115); Under

Game 11-12: Carolina at Pittsburgh (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Carolina 11.704; Pittsburgh 12.691
Dunkel Line & Total: Pittsburgh by 1; 6 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Pittsburgh (-150); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (-150); Over

Game 13-14: Anaheim at Montreal (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Anaheim 10.781; Montreal 11.551
Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Montreal (-135); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Montreal (-135); Under

Game 15-16: Los Angeles at Phoenix (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Los Angeles 11.774; Phoenix 10.605
Dunkel Line & Total: Los Angeles by 1; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Phoenix (-130); 5
Dunkel Pick: Los Angeles (+110); Over

Game 17-18: Columbus at St. Louis (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Columbus 11.728; St. Louis 10.878
Dunkel Line & Total: Columbus by 1; 6
Vegas Line & Total: St. Louis (-160); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Columbus (+140); Over

Game 19-20: Calgary at Vancouver (10:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Calgary 10.819; Vancouver 11.960
Dunkel Line & Total: Vancouver by 1; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Vancouver (-230); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Vancouver (-230); Under

Game 21-22: Minnesota at San Jose (10:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota 11.269; San Jose 12.754
Dunkel Line & Total: San Jose by 1 1/2; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: San Jose (-165); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Jose (-165); Under

Posted : January 22, 2011 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DUNKEL INDEX

San Antonio at New Orleans
The Spurs look to build on their 4-0 ATS record in their last 4 games as a favorite of 1 to 4 1/2 points. San Antonio is the pick (-2 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Spurs favored by 5 1/2. Dunkel Pick: San Antonio (-2 1/2)

Time Posted: 11:30 a.m. EST Game 501-502: Boston at Washington (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Boston 122.735; Washington 114.406
Dunkel Line & Total: Boston by 8 1/2; 197
Vegas Line & Total: Boston by 6 1/2; 192 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Boston (-6 1/2); Over

Game 503-504: Dallas at New Jersey (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Dallas 115.257; New Jersey 107.193
Dunkel Line & Total: Dallas by 8; 181
Vegas Line & Total: Dallas by 5; 187 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Dallas (-5); Under

Game 505-506: Atlanta at Charlotte (7:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta 122.081; Charlotte 120.196
Dunkel Line & Total: Atlanta by 2; 180
Vegas Line & Total: Charlotte by 3; 185
Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (+3); Under

Game 507-508: Toronto at Miami (7:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 109.621; Miami 129.912
Dunkel Line & Total: Miami by 20 1/2; 207
Vegas Line & Total: Miami by 12; 200 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Miami (-12); Over

Game 509-510: Phoenix at Detroit (7:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Phoenix 115.998; Detroit 116.836
Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 1; 204
Vegas Line & Total: Phoenix by 1; 208 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (+1); Under

Game 511-512: Utah at Philadelphia (7:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Utah 118.373; Philadelphia 119.136
Dunkel Line & Total: Philadelphia by 1; 200
Vegas Line & Total: Philadelphia by 2; 198
Dunkel Pick: Utah (+2); Over

Game 513-514: Cleveland at Chicago (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland 103.208; Chicago 125.213
Dunkel Line & Total: Chicago by 22; 186
Vegas Line & Total: Chicago by 15; 190
Dunkel Pick: Chicago (-15); Under

Game 515-516: San Antonio at New Orleans (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: San Antonio 124.630; New Orleans 119.285
Dunkel Line & Total: San Antonio by 5 1/2; 193
Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio by 2 1/2; 186 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Antonio (-2 1/2); Over

Game 517-518: New York at Oklahoma City (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: New York 113.876; Oklahoma City 124.826
Dunkel Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 11; 227
Vegas Line & Total: Oklahoma City by 7; 221 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oklahoma City (-7); Over

Game 519-520: Orlando at Houston (8:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Orlando 121.864; Houston 124.467
Dunkel Line & Total: Houston by 2 1/2; 202
Vegas Line & Total: Orlando by 3 1/2; 208
Dunkel Pick: Houston (+3 1/2); Under

Game 521-522: Memphis at Milwaukee (8:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Memphis 118.777; Milwaukee 120.992
Dunkel Line & Total: Milwaukee by 2; 184
Vegas Line & Total: Milwaukee by 3; 186
Dunkel Pick: Memphis (+3); Under

Game 523-524: Indiana at Portland (10:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Indiana 117.430; Portland 120.482
Dunkel Line & Total: Portland by 3; 197
Vegas Line & Total: Portland by 6; 194
Dunkel Pick: Indiana (+6); Over

Game 525-526: Golden State at LA Clippers (10:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Golden State 116.130; LA Clippers 125.619
Dunkel Line & Total: LA Clippers by 9 1/2; 223
Vegas Line & Total: LA Clippers by 8; 215 1/2
Dunkel Pick: LA Clippers (-8); Over

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Jordan

Indiana Pacers vs. Portland Trail Blazers
Play: Portland Trail Blazers -5.5

Indiana is in second place in the central, but that is where the good news ends, they are 11 games out, 6-13 on the road, have three game losing streak, and are 3-7 in their last three games. Portland is in fourth place, but just four games out, have won four in a row and are 6-4 in t

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Eastern Kentucky vs. Morehead State
Play: Morehead State -11.5

The Morehead State Eagles have built a good team. With that comes a huge home court advantage, one that has seen them go 10-0 this season. It has run their home winning streak to 23 games going back to last year. They aren't only winning they are winning big. They have taken down nine of 10 opponents by 10 or more on their home court. Eastern Kentucky has been an impressive 5-1 in their last six games, but none of the five wins have come vs. a team with a winning record. That is holding this number down falsely from where it belongs. The Colonels are just 3-9 ATS on the road vs. a team with a winning percentage of greater than .600 on their home court. Morehead State rolls at home.

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:36 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Vinciletti

Nebraska vs. Texas Tech
Play: Nebraska -3.5

The Huskers are much better than in recent years. Tonight they travel to Texas Tech to take on a Red Raider team that is 0-6 ats after allowing 80 or more, 1-8 ats vs winning teams and 0-8 ats vs opponents that allow less than 65 points per game in the second half the past few seasons. Nebraska has covered 6 of 8 as a road favorite in this range and have an 8-1 record vs losing teams. They are a hot shooting team this season having already shot over 50% on 10 of their 18 games. Look for Nebraska to win and cover vs Texas Tech tonight.

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bryan Leonard

Utah Jazz vs. Philadelphia 76ers
Play: Utah Jazz

This is a must win game for the Jazz who have started this East Coast road trip with three straight losses. Last night they fell behind Boston early and were able to rest some of their key players. With the Lakers and Spurs on deck this is a game the Jazz simply cannot afford to lose. Utah is 12-7 ATS in non-conference games and a solid 6-4 ATS without rest. The Jazz have won 10 of the last 13 trips to Philadelphia including wins the past two seasons.

Philadelphia has won 4 of the last 5 games at home in straight up fashion, as they have played much better here than on the road. That said, the Sixers are just 6-12 straight up at home when playing a team with a winning record. The last four games for Philadelphia have all gone down to the wire with the biggest point differential being four points. That's a great deal of emotion packed into such a short time frame and a weak performance here would not be a surprise.

The Jazz won both meetings last year with ease as they triumphed by 21 and 22 point margins. We just need a straight up win to get the cash tonight.

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander

1 Unit on New York Knicks +7

The Knicks have lost 5 in a row, and it could be 6 after tonight, but I like their chances of keeping this one within the number against an Oklahoma City team that is struggling defensively. The Thunder have allowed their opponents to reach the 100-point mark in 5 straight games. The OKC defense has had a terrible time trying to slow down the uptempo Knicks in recent meetings. In back-to-back ATS wins against the Thunder, the Knicks have scored 118 and 112. The Knicks have played a lot of games in few days but with that comes line value. In fact, New York is a perfect 12-0 ATS when playing its 3rd road game in 4 days under coach D'Antoni. NY is also an impressive 15-4 ATS as a road underdog this season. Take the points.

Posted : January 22, 2011 12:38 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: