47 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

James Patrick Sports

Harvard vs. Cornell

This has been a much anticipated Ivy League Showdown but we expect a clear cut victor when the final buzzer sound. The Big Red has a veteran team and they flourish in Saturday action with a (34-16-1) ATS record and the home team has cashed winning tickets in (4) straight in this series. Our Saturday College Basketball complimentary selection is Cornell Big Red in Ivy League action.

Posted : January 30, 2010 8:55 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

Atlanta at ORLANDO -5

FREE winner on Friday as the Hawks took care of the Celtics in Atlanta, improving my free run to 63-25, including 40-11 with the last 51. Tonight I have an NBA comp winner for you as I go with the Magic hosting the Hawks.

Just like Atlanta caught a break on Friday night by facing a team at home that was coming off a tough game the previous night, Orlando catches the same break tonight. The Magic get the Hawks after they had to battle the Celtics on Friday.

Atlanta beat Boston 100-91 on Friday night as a four-point favorite. Now the Hawks get on the plane and head to Orlando for a matchup with the Magic less than 24 hours later. And Atlanta has not been a very good road team lately, losing six of 10 on the road, including a brutal 113-81 loss in Orlando on Jan. 9. The Hawks struggle to score points on the road, managing just 97.9 points a game, 10 points less than they score at home.

Meanwhile, Orlando had Friday night off after beating the Celtics 96-94 on Thursday. They rallied from 16 points down in the fourth quarter to get the victory. The Magic have now won four straight and 11 of 13 in front of the home fans and they’ve held six straight opponents to under 100 points.

The Magic have dominated the Hawks lately, going 5-0 SU and ATS dating back to last year.

Orlando has gone 10-4 ATS against divisional rivals and the Hawks have played just one back-to-back game this month, and it was the Jan. 9 blowout loss in Orlando. Same situation, same result. Lay the chalk and play the Magic.

5♦ ORLANDO

Vanderbilt +8 at KENTUCKY

I'm just tearing it up with my FREE selections lately, going 63-25, including 40-11 over the last 51 days. Today I have a comp winner for you on the college hardwood as I grab the points with Vanderbilt in Lexington to take on Kentucky.

Definitely grab the points in this one with the Commodores as they have actually fared quite well in trips to Lexington over the last few years and have a 6-2 record against Kentucky dating back to 2006.

Vanderbilt has won 10 straight overall and with some impressive victories in there, including at Tennessee on Wednesday, winning 85-76 as a 6 ½-point underdog. They also have wins at S. Carolina, at Alabama and at home against Florida in the last 20 days.

Yes, the same South Carolina team on the same court where Kentucky suffered its first loss of the year on Tuesday, falling 68-62 as a seven-point road chalk. How do those youngsters respond to that first loss? And what is the fate of DeMarcus Cousins who is averaging 18 points a game on the season and who had 27 points and 12 rebounds in the loss at South Carolina? He has been listed as “questionable” for the game due to disciplinary reasons.

The Commodores have won and covered in all three SEC road games this season and they are 6-2 SU and ATS in games away from home this season. Vandy is on ATS runs of 7-1 overall, 6-2 on the road, 4-1 in SEC action and 7-1 against winning teams. On the opposite side, Kentucky has failed to cash in 8 of 11 SEC games dating to last year.

Vanderbilt is playing its best ball of the season while there is an air of uncertainty for the Wildcats. Grab the points and go with the Commodores in this one.

4♦ VANDERBILT

Posted : January 30, 2010 8:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

Vanderbilt at KENTUCKY -8'

Kentucky lost its focus in losing to the Gamecocks at South Carolina on Tuesday. That's understandable since the Wildcats had just been named No. 1 for the first time in seven years and had received a phone call from President Obama thanking them for raising $1.3 million for earthquake-ravaged Haiti.

But now things have settled down in Lexington where the Wildcats are fully focused for this matchup.

Kentucky coach John Calipari's last four Memphis teams were 10-0 in games following a regular-season defeat, winning by an average of 23.4 points.

Vanderbilt is playing well, but the Commodores are off a highly-satisfying 85-76 win at 14th-ranked Tennessee on Wednesday.

The Commodores have failed to cover in six of their last eight visits to Kentucky.

2♦ KENTUCKY

Posted : January 30, 2010 8:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

UC Davis at LONG BEACH STATE -8'

It was about time Long Beach State turned things around after losing two consecutive games – to Cal Poly and Cal Irvine and dropping to 2-4 in Big West Conference play. It appeared the preseason conference favorites were fading fast, but a 69-68 win over Northridge could have very well saved the season and put the Niners back on track to challenge for the regular-season title.

It’ll be a tough chore, but the team is 5-1 at home and has a chance to get back to .500 with a three-game homestand beginning tonight.

And let’s be clear on one thing, Long Beach State played one of the – if not THE – hardest non-conference schedules in the nation. So I’m confident in a core of players that ranks among the national leaders in a statistical category, or two.

Sophomore T.J. Robinson is 25th in the nation in rebounding averaging 9.9 per game, while also ranking 13th in double-doubles with 10. Sophomore Casper Ware is among the national leaders in assists, as he ranks 33rd with an average of 5.3 assists per game. Senior Stephan Gilling is 30th in 3-pointers per game with a 2.9 average and 50th in 3-point field goal percentage making 39.9 percent of his threes. Finally, Larry Anderson is 52nd in steals averaging 2.1 per game.

So, in playing that tough a non-conference schedule, that quartet is well prepared to get its team back on track for this final stretch.

Home wins are important, and I see the 49ers outclassing UC Davis.

1♦ LONG BEACH STATE

Montana at NORTHERN ARIZONA +2

This is going to be one heckuva showdown, and my money is former local high school coach Mike Adras will have his Lumberjacks ready for the Grizzlies tonight.

Though Montana is in off a thrilling 64-62 win over Northern Colorado, as the Grizz trailed by six points in the final four-plus minutes of the contest, but took the lead for good when sophomore forward-center Derek Selvig made a pair of free throws to give the Grizzlies a 63-62 lead with 1:16 remaining in the game, but quite frankly, I think that was too much emotion they left in Greeley, Colorado.

And Adras isn’t the type of coach who forgets in revenge situations. Montana’s Anthony Johnson scored 22 points to lead the Grizzlies in an early (Dec. 4) league opener for the teams. But that was in Montana; and that was before the Lumberjacks had come together.

NAU has now won four straight games and is 5-4 in Big Sky play, along with the Grizzlies – both being three games back of first place Weber State. The winner clearly has the edge in moving into the upper echelon of the standings, and would have the inside track to a potential home-court advantage in the opening round of the postseason tournament.

And I know Adras and what his preparation is all about.

The wrong team is most definitely favored tonight, as the Lumberjacks will exact revenge.

2♦ NORTHERN ARIZONA

Posted : January 30, 2010 8:58 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brett Atkins

Damn right I hit again on Friday with my free play as the Bull not only covered the spread in New Orleans, but won outright. Tonight I have a college hardwood comp play coming on USC as the Trojans are in Oregon to take on the Ducks.

Oregon might have been able to rally to beat UCLA on Thursday, but now they face a team that has just owned them through the years as USC has beaten the Ducks four straight and six of the last seven (SU and ATS).

Last year, the Trojans marched into Oregon and scored an 83-62 win as a 2 ½-point favorite. They have won four straight on the Ducks’ home court as the road team is 10-3 ATS in the last 13 series clashes.

USC lost at Oregon State on Thursday, falling 51-45 as a four-point favorite, but they have cashed in five of seven and seven of 10 overall. Meanwhile, Oregon’s win and cover over UCLA on Thursday snapped a five-game SU and ATS losing streak, including three in a row at home.

The Trojans are on ATS runs of 38-16 on Saturdays, 10-3 in Pac-10 play, 4-1 on the road and 37-14-1 after a non-cover. Oregon has been a disaster at the betting window, going 8-20 in Pac-10 play, 16-34-1 overall, 6-22 as an underdog and 1-5 at home.

Lay the chalk and watch as USC wins this one by 15.

4♦ USC

Posted : January 30, 2010 8:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jay McNeil

It was a little tight there, but I told you the Lakers would get the job done Friday at Philadelphia. That win with my free play boosted my record to 44-37-1 over the last 82 days, and I'm coming right back with another NBA winner today!

The Magic is 5-0 SU and ATS in their last five games against Atlanta, and Orlando is going to keep that run going at home tonight.

Orlando has crushed the Hawks twice already this season, winning 93-76 and 113-81, and Atlanta shot a combined 39.3 percent in those games.

Dwight Howard has owned the paint against Atlanta, and 6-foot-11 Marcin Gortat has been getting more time playing alongside Howard, giving the Magic a formidable front line.

Orlando has won four straight games at home, and it's won its last two there against the Hawks by an average of 33 points. Atlanta is coming off of a big home win over Boston on Friday night, and its not going to be able to muster the same intensity tonight. Take the Magic to cover the points at home in this one.

4♦ ORLANDO

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:00 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joel Tyson

Early Saturday action, and I feel the points are worth a look with the Cardinals, as Louisville is in need of some "quality" wins, as their 13-7 record is no great shakes.

It could happen here, as the 'Ville is 5-1 straight up their last 6 series meetings with West Virginia, including 4 straight wins.

The Mountaineers are 3-5 against the spread at home this year, and just 2-4 against the spread their last 6 when favored.

Louisville keeps it close, take the points.

4♦ LOUISVILLE

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:00 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chuck O'Brien

Take Baylor and the points at Texas in Saturday’s Big 12 action.

Tough to pass up this kind of take-back with a quality team like Baylor, especially with Texas in an 0-7 ATS freefall (all as a favorite). The Longhorns needed a big second half to get past Texas Tech 95-83 on Wednesday, but failed as a 16½-point favorite, so they’re 0-5 ATS since the conference season started. Two Saturdays again, Texas needed overtime to get past Texas A&M (five-point win as a 14½-point favorite), and it followed that without its first two defeats of the season (at Kansas State and at UConn). Then came Monday’s lackluster effort (and non-cover) against Texas Tech.

Baylor has split its first six conference games, losing both on the road. However, it was just 10 days ago when the Bears went to Kansas and nearly ended the Jayhawks’ 53-game home winning streak, losing 81-75 as a 14-point underdog (the game was in doubt with a minute to play).

Not only have the Longhorns yet to cash in a conference game this year, but they’re 6-22-2 ATS in their last 30 Big 12 contests. Meanwhile, Baylor has covered in nine of 11 overall, five of six on the road and five straight on Saturday. Also, the Bears (76.8 ppg, 48.4 percent shooting) can score with Texas (85.7 ppg, 48.8 percent shooting); they play better defense (64.2 ppg allowed, 37.2 percent shooting) than the Longhorns (66.9 ppg, 38.2 percent shooting); and they’re better from the foul line (69.5 percent to 61.9 percent).

4♦ BAYLOR BEARS

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

How’d you like that 6♦ complimentary winner on the Hawks on Friday, my 10th freebie winner in the last 15 days? For Saturday’s free play in college basketball, I’ll lay the points with Notre Dame on the road at Rutgers.

I know the Irish cost me a 15 Dime play on Wednesday, losing at Villanova 90-72 as an 11-point underdog. But the score was pretty misleading, as Notre Dame was down just two points at halftime and were covering the spread until about eight minutes were left in the game. And while the Irish have lost four of their last seven games, three of the losses came against ranked opponents (UConn and Villanova on the road; Syracuse at home) and the other was a two-point road defeat against a quality foe (Cincinnati).

Today, Notre Dame gets to be the bully, as Rutgers is unbelievably bad. Not only are the Scarlet Knights winless through eight Big East games, they haven’t even covered a pointspread despite being a sizeable underdog in every contest. Their average margin of defeat in those eight league losses: 17.9 points per game! In its last three games along, Rutgers has lost 94-68 to Villanova, 88-63 at Georgetown and 82-59 at Marquette – and the Knights were huge double-digit underdogs in all three games! Furthermore, Rutgers has failed to cover in 10 of its last 14 home games, 25 of its last 36 Big East contests and 13 of its last 16 against teams with a winning record.

The Irish are way overdue for a big-time blowout victory, and considering they average 13 points per game more than Rutgers (80.2-66.9), they’ll get it in New Jersey today.

4♦ NOTRE DAME

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brian Graves

Duke vs. Georgetown
Pick: G'Town +1.5

I don't really understand how Duke is favored in this game. Georgetown has the edge inside with Monroe and I also like there defense on the perimeter against Duke as well. Duke finally won a legitimate road game at Clemson on Saturday, but 60 points isn't going to get it done today and the Hoyas are not as bad a shooting team as the Tigers are. I'll take Freeman and Wright to have big games from the outside and that opens up the inside for Monroe to go for 20 and 10. Hoyas show the Big East's dominance once again with a 72-63 win!

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Moore

Alabama @ Auburn
Pick: Auburn +1

The Tigers have owned the Crimson Tide at home in this series covering 9 of the last 11 games played at Auburn. The Tigers have been great on Saturday covering 4 of 5 games this season. Alabama has lost the last 3 in this series SU, look for that to be 4 in a row this afternoon.

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:03 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bryan Leonard

USC at Oregon

The Trojans are not eligible for postseason action so they are putting all their emphasis on winning the PAC 10. Off a tough loss at Oregon State we expect this terrific defensive team to rebound against a foe they have had a great deal of success with. USC is 6-1 straight up against the Ducks including winning the last four meetings in Eugene. Oregon is off an overtime win over UCLA and is terrible in the role of underdog, dropping 22 of their last 28 games getting points.

PLAY USC

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DUNKEL

Duke at Georgetown
The Hoyas look to bounce back from their 73-56 loss to Syracuse and build on their 5-1 ATS record following an ATS loss. Georgetown is the pick (+2) according to Dunkel, which has the Hoyas favored by 1. Dunkel Pick: Georgetown (+2)

Game 513-514: LaSalle at Temple
Dunkel Ratings: LaSalle 55.972; Temple 70.492
Dunkel Line: Temple by 14 1/2
Vegas Line: Temple by 11 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Temple (-11 1/2)

Game 515-516: James Madison at George Mason
Dunkel Ratings: James Madison 51.372; George Mason 59.450
Dunkel Line: George Mason by 8
Vegas Line: George Mason by 9
Dunkel Pick: James Madison (+9)

Game 517-518: Marquette at Connecticut
Dunkel Ratings: Marquette 68.790; Connecticut 74.792
Dunkel Line: Connecticut by 6
Vegas Line: Connecticut by 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Connecticut (-5 1/2)

Game 519-520: Louisville at West Virginia
Dunkel Ratings: Louisville 69.436; West Virginia 75.925
Dunkel Line: West Virginia by 6 1/2
Vegas Line: West Virginia by 7
Dunkel Pick: Louisville (+7)

Game 521-522: Eastern Michigan at Miami (OH)
Dunkel Ratings: Eastern Michigan 49.134; Miami (OH) 57.763
Dunkel Line: Miami (OH) by 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Miami (OH) by 9
Dunkel Pick: Eastern Michigan (+9)

Game 523-524: George Washington at Rhode Island
Dunkel Ratings: George Washington 55.729; Rhode Island 67.472
Dunkel Line: Rhode Island by 11 1/2
Vegas Line: Rhode Island by 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Rhode Island (-10 1/2)

Game 525-526: Duke at Georgetown
Dunkel Ratings: Duke 76.125; Georgetown 76.897
Dunkel Line: Georgetown by 1
Vegas Line: Duke by 2
Dunkel Pick: Georgetown (+2)

Game 527-528: Oklahoma at Nebraska
Dunkel Ratings: Oklahoma 63.415; Nebraska 65.222
Dunkel Line: Nebraska by 2
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 529-530: LSU at Mississippi State
Dunkel Ratings: LSU 56.120; Mississippi State 68.237
Dunkel Line: Mississippi State by 12
Vegas Line: Mississippi State by 13 1/2
Dunkel Pick: LSU (+13 1/2)

Game 531-532: Oklahoma State at Missouri
Dunkel Ratings: Oklahoma State 68.595; Missouri 74.476
Dunkel Line: Missouri by 6
Vegas Line: Missouri by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oklahoma State (+7 1/2)

Game 533-534: Western Michigan at Kent State
Dunkel Ratings: Western Michigan 51.926; Kent State 66.341
Dunkel Line: Kent State by 14 1/2
Vegas Line: Kent State by 10
Dunkel Pick: Kent State (-10)

Game 535-536: Buffalo at Northern Illinois
Dunkel Ratings: Buffalo 58.839; Northern Illinois 53.477
Dunkel Line: Buffalo by 5 1/2
Vegas Line: Buffalo by 1
Dunkel Pick: Buffalo (-1)

Game 537-538: St. Louis at Richmond
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis 57.466; Richmond 65.710
Dunkel Line: Richmond by 8
Vegas Line: Richmond by 7
Dunkel Pick: Richmond (-7)

Game 539-540: Loyola-Chicago at Wright State
Dunkel Ratings: Loyola-Chicago 49.975; Wright State 66.007
Dunkel Line: Wright State by 16
Vegas Line: Wright State by 16 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Loyola-Chicago (+16 1/2)

Game 541-542: Indiana at Illinois
Dunkel Ratings: Indiana 56.040; Illinois 70.418
Dunkel Line: Illinois by 14 1/2
Vegas Line: Illinois by 12
Dunkel Pick: Illinois (-12)

Game 543-544: Syracuse at DePaul
Dunkel Ratings: Syracuse 74.292; DePaul 57.464
Dunkel Line: Syracuse by 17
Vegas Line: Syracuse by 16 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Syracuse (-16 1/2)

Game 545-546: Memphis at SMU
Dunkel Ratings: Memphis 66.469; SMU 58.188
Dunkel Line: Memphis by 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Memphis by 8
Dunkel Pick: Memphis (-8)

Game 547-548: Northern Iowa at Missouri State
Dunkel Ratings: Northern Iowa 65.845; Missouri State 61.435
Dunkel Line: Northern Iowa by 4 1/2
Vegas Line: Northern Iowa by 1 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Northern Iowa (-1 1/2)

Game 549-550: Florida State at Boston College
Dunkel Ratings: Florida State 66.476; Boston College 68.493
Dunkel Line: Boston College by 2
Vegas Line: Boston College by 1 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Boston College (-1 1/2)

Game 551-552: Washington State at Washington
Dunkel Ratings: Washington State 61.783; Washington 72.270
Dunkel Line: Washington by 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Washington by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Washington (-7 1/2)

Game 553-554: Wyoming at Air Force
Dunkel Ratings: Wyoming 56.141; Air Force 53.981
Dunkel Line: Wyoming by 3
Vegas Line: Wyoming by 1
Dunkel Pick: Wyoming (-1)

Game 555-556: Vanderbilt at Kentucky
Dunkel Ratings: Vanderbilt 69.380; Kentucky 79.225
Dunkel Line: Kentucky by 10
Vegas Line: Kentucky by 9
Dunkel Pick: Kentucky (-9)

Game 557-558: Arkansas at Mississippi
Dunkel Ratings: Arkansas 59.196; Mississippi 71.981
Dunkel Line: Mississippi by 13
Vegas Line: Mississippi by 11 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Mississippi (-11 1/2)

Game 559-560: Alabama at Auburn
Dunkel Ratings: Alabama 61.800; Auburn 63.217
Dunkel Line: Auburn by 1 1/2
Vegas Line: Alabama by 1
Dunkel Pick: Auburn (+1)

Game 561-562: Illinois-Chicago at Detroit
Dunkel Ratings: Illinois-Chicago 49.031; Detroit 61.822
Dunkel Line: Detroit by 13
Vegas Line: Detroit by 14
Dunkel Pick: Illinois-Chicago (+14)

Game 563-564: Baylor at Texas
Dunkel Ratings: Baylor 69.510; Texas 79.278
Dunkel Line: Texas by 10
Vegas Line: Texas by 9
Dunkel Pick: Texas (-9)

Game 565-566: Stanford at Arizona State
Dunkel Ratings: Stanford 60.722; Arizona State 68.047
Dunkel Line: Arizona State by 7 1/2
Vegas Line: Arizona State by 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Stanford (+10 1/2)

Game 567-568: New Orleans at Western Kentucky
Dunkel Ratings: New Orleans 41.526; Western Kentucky 59.635
Dunkel Line: Western Kentucky by 18
Vegas Line: Western Kentucky by 17
Dunkel Pick: Western Kentucky (-17)

Game 569-570: Youngstown State at Cleveland State
Dunkel Ratings: Youngstown State 48.650; Cleveland State 58.238
Dunkel Line: Cleveland State by 9 1/2
Vegas Line: Cleveland State by 10
Dunkel Pick: Youngstown State (+10)

Game 571-572: Old Dominion at Northeastern
Dunkel Ratings: Old Dominion 65.982; Northeastern 64.643
Dunkel Line: Old Dominion by 1 1/2
Vegas Line: Pick
Dunkel Pick: Old Dominion

Game 573-574: Delaware at Hofstra
Dunkel Ratings: Delaware 48.797; Hofstra 60.646
Dunkel Line: Hofstra by 12
Vegas Line: Hofstra by 11 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Hofstra (-11 1/2)

Game 575-576: Iowa at Michigan
Dunkel Ratings: Iowa 56.322; Michigan 70.128
Dunkel Line: Michigan by 14
Vegas Line: Michigan by 13
Dunkel Pick: Michigan (-13)

Game 577-578: Tulsa at Central Florida
Dunkel Ratings: Tulsa 61.710; Central Florida 60.605
Dunkel Line: Tulsa by 1
Vegas Line: Tulsa by 6
Dunkel Pick: Central Florida (+6)

Game 579-580: UL-Lafayette at UL-Monroe
Dunkel Ratings: UL-Lafayette 51.616; UL-Monroe 48.990
Dunkel Line: UL-Lafayette by 2 1/2
Vegas Line: UL-Lafayette by 3
Dunkel Pick: UL-Monroe (+3)

Game 581-582: Bradley at Illinois State
Dunkel Ratings: Bradley 57.653; Illinois State 64.362
Dunkel Line: Illinois State by 6 1/2
Vegas Line: Illinois State by 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Bradley (+8 1/2)

Game 583-584: Marshall at Houston
Dunkel Ratings: Marshall 61.572; Houston 62.984
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1 1/2
Vegas Line: Houston by 3 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Marshall (+3 1/2)

Game 585-586: Towson at NC Wilmington
Dunkel Ratings: Towson 45.386; NC Wilmington 53.016
Dunkel Line: NC Wilmington by 7 1/2

Game 587-588: Charlotte at Massachusetts
Dunkel Ratings: Charlotte 58.628; Massachusetts 58.084
Dunkel Line: Charlotte by 1
Vegas Line: Charlotte by 3
Dunkel Pick: Massachusetts (+3)

Game 589-590: Notre Dame at Rutgers
Dunkel Ratings: Notre Dame 63.507; Rutgers 58.056
Dunkel Line: Notre Dame by 5 1/2
Vegas Line: Notre Dame by 6 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Rutgers (+6 1/2)

Game 591-592: San Diego State at Colorado State
Dunkel Ratings: San Diego State 61.713; Colorado State 58.310
Dunkel Line: San Diego State by 3 1/2
Vegas Line: San Diego State by 4
Dunkel Pick: Colorado State (+4)

Game 593-594: New Mexico at TCU
Dunkel Ratings: New Mexico 66.854; TCU 57.489
Dunkel Line: New Mexico by 9 1/2
Vegas Line: New Mexico by 7
Dunkel Pick: New Mexico (-7)

Game 595-596: USC at Oregon
Dunkel Ratings: USC 64.735; Oregon 61.487
Dunkel Line: USC by 3
Vegas Line: USC by 1 1/2
Dunkel Pick: USC (-1 1/2)

Game 597-598: Georgia at South Carolina
Dunkel Ratings: Georgia 60.759; South Carolina 68.964
Dunkel Line: South Carolina by 8
Vegas Line: South Carolina by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: South Carolina (-7 1/2)

Game 599-600: Florida International at Florida Atlantic
Dunkel Ratings: Florida International 46.965; Florida Atlantic 55.978
Dunkel Line: Florida Atlantic by 9
Vegas Line: Florida Atlantic by 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Florida International (+10 1/2)

Game 601-602: UC Davis at Long Beach State
Dunkel Ratings: UC-Davis 47.771; Long Beach State 53.500
Dunkel Line: Long Beach State by 5 1/2
Vegas Line: Long Beach State by 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: UC Davis (+8 1/2)

Game 603-604: Rice at East Carolina
Dunkel Ratings: Rice 48.742; East Carolina 52.339
Dunkel Line: East Carolina by 3 1/2
Vegas Line: East Carolina by 4 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Rice (+4 1/2)

Game 605-606: Northwestern at Michigan State
Dunkel Ratings: Northwestern 64.833; Michigan State 78.806
Dunkel Line: Michigan State by 14
Vegas Line: Michigan State by 13
Dunkel Pick: Michigan State (-13)

Game 607-608: Drexel at William & Mary
Dunkel Ratings: Drexel 59.834; William & Mary 61.248
Dunkel Line: William & Mary by 1 1/2
Vegas Line: William & Mary by 5
Dunkel Pick: Drexel (+5)

Game 609-610: Toledo at Akron
Dunkel Ratings: Toledo 39.933; Akron 62.337
Dunkel Line: Akron by 22 1/2
Vegas Line: Akron by 24 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toledo (+24 1/2)

Game 611-612: Central Michigan at Bowling Green
Dunkel Ratings: Central Michigan 51.336; Bowling Green 57.086
Dunkel Line: Bowling Green by 5 1/2
Vegas Line: Bowling Green by 5
Dunkel Pick: Bowling Green (-5)

Game 613-614: Harvard at Cornell
Dunkel Ratings: Harvard 61.189; Cornell 67.277
Dunkel Line: Cornell by 6

Game 615-616: Pennsylvania at Brown
Dunkel Ratings: Pennsylvania 39.991; Brown 47.430
Dunkel Line: Brown by 7 1/2

Game 617-618: Princeton at Yale
Dunkel Ratings: Princeton 53.104; Yale 48.220
Dunkel Line: Princeton by 5

Game 619-620: Dartmouth at Columbia
Dunkel Ratings: Dartmouth 41.116; Columbia 46.117
Dunkel Line: Columbia by 5

Game 621-622: Dayton at St. Bonaventure
Dunkel Ratings: Dayton 62.355; St. Bonaventure 58.164
Dunkel Line: Dayton by 4
Vegas Line: Dayton by 4 1/2
Dunkel Pick: St. Bonaventure (+4 1/2)

Game 623-624: Kansas at Kansas State
Dunkel Ratings: Kansas 80.183; Kansas State 75.788
Dunkel Line: Kansas by 4 1/2
Vegas Line: Kansas by 4
Dunkel Pick: Kansas (-4)

Game 625-626: Georgia State at VCU
Dunkel Ratings: Georgia State 51.410; VCU 65.906
Dunkel Line: VCU by 14 1/2
Vegas Line: VCU by 16
Dunkel Pick: Georgia State (+16)

Game 627-628: UCLA at Oregon State
Dunkel Ratings: UCLA 57.756; Oregon State 61.855
Dunkel Line: Oregon State by 4
Vegas Line: Oregon State by 2 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oregon State (-2 1/2)

Game 629-630: North Texas at Middle Tennessee State
Dunkel Ratings: North Texas 49.089; Middle Tennessee State 58.930
Dunkel Line: Middle Tennessee State by 10
Vegas Line: Middle Tennessee State by 6
Dunkel Pick: Middle Tennessee State (-6)

Game 631-632: Denver at Arkansas State
Dunkel Ratings: Denver 52.190; Arkansas State 51.301
Dunkel Line: Arkansas State by 1
Vegas Line: Arkansas State by 2
Dunkel Pick: Denver (+2)

Game 633-634: UTEP at UAB
Dunkel Ratings: UTEP 66.758; UAB 66.445
Dunkel Line: Even
Vegas Line: UAB by 3 1/2
Dunkel Pick: UTEP (+3 1/2)

Game 635-636: Providence at Cincinnati
Dunkel Ratings: Providence 58.736; Cincinnati 68.950
Dunkel Line: Cincinnati by 10
Vegas Line: Cincinnati by 8
Dunkel Pick: Cincinnati (-8)

Game 637-638: UC-Irvine at CS-Fullerton
Dunkel Ratings: UC-Irvine 48.860; CS-Fullerton 54.879
Dunkel Line: CS-Fullerton by 6
Vegas Line: CS-Fullerton by 7
Dunkel Pick: UC-Irvine (+7)

Game 639-640: Southern Mississippi at Tulane
Dunkel Ratings: Southern Mississippi 54.380; Tulane 53.299
Dunkel Line: Southern Mississippi by 1
Vegas Line: Southern Mississippi by 2
Dunkel Pick: Tulane (+2)

Game 641-642: Creighton at Drake
Dunkel Ratings: Creighton 58.829; Drake 61.542
Dunkel Line: Drake by 2 1/2
Vegas Line: Drake by 1
Dunkel Pick: Drake (-1)

Game 643-644: South Alabama at Troy
Dunkel Ratings: South Alabama 46.280; Troy 56.800
Dunkel Line: Troy by 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Troy by 8
Dunkel Pick: Troy (-8)

Game 645-646: New Mexico State at Louisiana Tech
Dunkel Ratings: New Mexico State 54.980; Louisiana Tech 69.114
Dunkel Line: Louisiana Tech by 14
Vegas Line: Louisiana Tech by 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Louisiana Tech (-10 1/2)

Game 647-648: San Jose State at Utah State
Dunkel Ratings: San Jose State 51.437; Utah 72.421
Dunkel Line: Utah State by 21
Vegas Line: Utah State by 16 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Utah State (-16 1/2)

Game 649-650: Utah at BYU
Dunkel Ratings: Utah 61.642; BYU 75.726
Dunkel Line: BYU by 14
Vegas Line: BYU by 14 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Utah (+14 1/2)

Game 651-652: Texas Tech at Texas A&M
Dunkel Ratings: Texas Tech 63.952; Texas A&M 70.121
Dunkel Line: Texas A&M by 6
Vegas Line: Texas A&M by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Texas Tech (+7 1/2)

Game 653-654: Colorado at Iowa State
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado 59.299; Iowa State 67.505
Dunkel Line: Iowa State by 8
Vegas Line: Iowa State by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Iowa State (-7 1/2)

Game 655-656: Gonzaga at San Francisco
Dunkel Ratings: Gonzaga 68.438; San Francisco 53.511
Dunkel Line: Gonzaga by 15
Vegas Line: Gonzaga by 12 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Gonzaga (-12 1/2)

Game 657-658: UC-Santa Barbara at CS-Northridge
Dunkel Ratings: UC-Santa Barbara 54.462; CS-Northridge 53.917
Dunkel Line: UC-Santa Barbara by 1
Vegas Line: CS-Northridge by 1 1/2
Dunkel Pick: UC-Santa Barbara (+1 1/2)

Game 659-660: Pacific at UC-Riverside
Dunkel Ratings: Pacific 56.141; UC-Riverside 53.116
Dunkel Line: Pacific by 3
Vegas Line: Pacific by 4
Dunkel Pick: UC-Riverside (+4)

Game 661-662: Hawaii at Nevada
Dunkel Ratings: Hawaii 49.394; Nevada 67.861
Dunkel Line: Nevada by 18 1/2
Vegas Line: Nevada by 16 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Nevada (-16 1/2)

Game 663-664: Portland at Santa Clara
Dunkel Ratings: Portland 59.372; Santa Clara 54.569
Dunkel Line: Portland by 5
Vegas Line: Portland by 6
Dunkel Pick: Santa Clara (+6)

Game 665-666: San Diego at Pepperdine
Dunkel Ratings: San Diego 51.106; Pepperdine 55.985
Dunkel Line: Pepperdine by 5
Vegas Line: San Diego by 1 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pepperdine (+1 1/2)

Game 667-668: St. Mary's (CA) at Loyola-Marymount
Dunkel Ratings: St. Mary's (CA) 66.368; Loyola-Marymount 57.390
Dunkel Line: St. Mary's (CA) by 9
Vegas Line: St. Mary's (CA) by 10
Dunkel Pick: Loyola-Marymount (+10)

Game 669-670: Fresno State at Boise State
Dunkel Ratings: Fresno State 54.965; Boise State 58.737
Dunkel Line: Boise State by 4
Vegas Line: Boise State by 4 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Fresno State (+4 1/2)

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

1 Unit on Kansas Jayhawks -4

Yes, K-State knocked off Texas at home, but I strongly believe Kansas is a better team than Texas and won't be denied here today. Kansas has won and covered each of the last 3 meetings in this series and is an awesome 11-1 SU & ATS at K-State since 1997. In all meetings dating back to 1997, KU is 28-2 SU & 21-9 ATS. Since the Jayhawks lost at Tennessee, they have been on a rampage, winning 5 straight with 4 of those wins coming by double digits. Kansas has rarely stumbled in conference play. In fact, KU is 16-4 ATS against conference opponents over the last 2 seasons and 18-3 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record after 15 or more games over the last 2 seasons. Kansas is as balanced a team as there is in the country, and that balance will be the difference today. Lay the points.

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:47 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick “The BookieKiller” Parsons

Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators
PICK: Ottawa Senators -180

Normally I rarely recommend a favorite of this size, but "sometimes a favorite is a favorite for a reason", as I expect the Senators to demolish the Habs and believe the "reward" well outweighs the "risk" in this situation:

Montreal has dropped five of seven overall and scored once during a two-game trip to Florida, losing 2-1 to the Panthers on Tuesday and 3-0 to Tampa Bay on Wednesday; it's a horrible 1-4 its last five on the road.

On the other side of the rink: Ottawa has outscored opponents 27-8 during an eight-game winning streak that matches its run from Oct. 13-Nov. 6, 2007, as the best in franchise history. Those opponents haven’t been slouches, either. Two days after a 3-1 win over Atlantic Division-leading New Jersey, the Senators won 4-1 at defending Stanley Cup champion Pittsburgh on Thursday.

Ottawa is 5-0 its last five and 14-5 its last 19 at home.

Bottom line: Two teams moving in opposite directions; when taking all of the above into account, laying the price with the home team is the prudent wager.

Posted : January 30, 2010 9:48 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: