17 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sac Lawson

NYY (-107) vs TAM

I fully realize that betting on the Yankees long term is a losing proposition, but hear me out. This Rays team has been getting a lot of public respect lately, and maybe rightfully so. Today you've got a scenario where you'd expect Rays money simply for the fact that many people expected them to win this series. On top of that, you've got Burnett coming off a mediocre start. Fact is though, these pitchers are both in very intriguing spots..

urnett is 6-3 in 12 starts with a 2.95 ERA against Tampa Bay, and specifically 3-1 with a 1.54 in 5 starts AT Tampa bay (Since 2007). Now look at Shields during the same time frame... 1-5 with a 6.17 ERA in 6 starts against NYY.

I know it's very simplistic, but I truly find both these teams to be even in the backend (bullpen), so the real edge will be gained in the early innings. Absolutely nothing about the historical trends gives me any reason NOT to take the Yankees at near even money. So we'll bite for a unit!

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JR O'Donnell

ANA (-135) vs OAK

Los Angels -135 list the pitchers today boys as J Saunders bounces back today. This baby is a huge gut play here as we are not in love with D Braden off that gem day one, Lefty Joe Sanders will bounce back and we will play on the Angels who own a few pretty powerful stats here. We note that Saunders has spun an ERA of less than 2 vs these pesky A's. Angels close out the Oakland A's today as A's 0-5 on the road vs lefty's and we feel that the line of -135 tells you that the Angels are the sharp play.

Posted : April 11, 2010 11:39 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: