31 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JR ODonnell

Canucks/Ducks Over 5.5

Sunday night's 8 pm Battle on the Anaheim home Ice.. The 41-16 Canucks are powerful club here guys as they are a staggering 14 points ahead of Calgary in the Presidents cup battle.The Canucks love to score & tonight they will light the lamp. The big 2 from Vancouver R Kesler has eight goals and five assists in his last 11 games vs these 35-25 Mighty Ducks & Sedin has seven goals and 10 assists vs the Ducks. The #'s are strong here for this battle. The Over is 5-0-2 in the last 7 meetings in Anaheim & Over is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings. Flat out score fest when these 2 hook up!!

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:24 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Matt Rivers

LA Lakers (+3) at San Antonio

Kobe and the Lakers should be nice and rested and ready to roll today. No doubt San Antonio has been unreal with that gaudy 51-11 record which is heads and shoulders the best in all of the NBA but I still believe that Greg Popovich' squad is going to run out of gas a tad and fall back down to Earth before the season is out. I truly do not give San Antonio a great shot at being able to maintain this level and win the championship. My belief is that the somewhat aging Spurs have played too great thus far and have peaked which will result in a disappointing end of the season and postseason making them very fade worthy these days. The talent level including the big three in Duncan, Parker and Ginobili is still pretty solid but that hasn't resulted in such a record in years making me feel that they just cannot be as good as the record indicates and a definite go against as the season comes to a close.

The Lakers have had ups and downs this season for sure but there's still the Black Mamba in Kobe Bryant leading the way along with a big and dominant frontcourt with Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum. Los Angeles is an elite 44-19 team and after having only played a pair of games this past week with both being easy victories over Minnesota and Charlotte the Lake Show should be more than fresh and locked and loaded for this litmus test of a game.

The defending champions have won six in a row and covered all except for the last game against the Bobcats which could have been a cover very easily. They look as if they are back playing at a high level after the debacle before the All-Star break capped by the shocking defeat in Cleveland and should be just fine today.

Tony Parker may have miraculously come back the other night but there's no way that the calf can be near 100% and the still overdue to lose Spurs should get loss number dozen today.

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

ANAHEIM +114 over Vancouver

The Canucks played a very physical game in Los Angeles yesterday, squeaked out a 3-1 win and have no alternated wins and losses in 13 straight games. In other words, the Canucks have not won two in a row since beating Chicago and Ottawa back in early February. They’ll also play their third game in four days and will turn to back-up goaltender Cory Schneider. These two have played three times this year with the Ducks winning twice including the only game at the Pond. Each game was decided by a single goal with one game going into OT and that’s back when the Canucks were playing great hockey. That’s no longer the case, as Vancouver is laboring and is no longer dominating like they were earlier in the season. Meanwhile, the Ducks are warming up again. Much like the Coyotes, Anaheim has been one of the streakiest teams in the league all season long. They’ve won three in a row and picked up points in four straight, all at home, but that should be five after they badly dominated the Wild for 60 minutes, outshout them 48-31 only to lose it late. The Ducks could be primed for another annual late season run. This team kicks it into high gear in once March rolls in and this year is no different. They’re playing with everything they got at the moment and are right in the thick of the playoff race. They’re in ninth place, just a point behind the Kings and just three points out of fifth. They’re in a good spot here in terms of scheduling and they offer up some great value as the dog in a game they absolutely have a great chance of winning. Play: Anaheim +114 (Risking 2 units).

FLORIDA +160 over Washington

The Caps are still popular and many so-called experts are calling them a serious threat after tightening up their defense from previous years. They’ve also won three in a row and five of their last six but let’s have a look at that. Washington’s last three wins have come against the Islanders twice and the reeling Blues. In the two games against the Islanders they trailed in both, the first game 2-0 and the second game 1-0 with less than a minute left. They probably should have lost both. Against the Blues they broke a 2-2 tie with just under six minutes left for a 3-2 win over a team everyone else has been running over. Prior to that they lost 6-0 to the Rangers after beating a depleted Pens 1-0 and Buffalo 2-1. Prior to that the Caps lost 11 of 17 games and they haven’t improved much, if at all. The Capitals are so overvalued it’s sick. Their scoring is way down and they’re fortunate that they’re not on another losing streak instead of a misperceived winning streak. The Panthers are in a funk of their own but they’re still playing hard and have beaten the Caps two of three already this year. They’ve been unlucky with four losses in a row, as they were not outplayed in any of them. The bottom line here is value, as wagering against this year’s edition of the Caps as a road favorite offers up plenty. Big overlay. Play Florida +160 (Risking 2 units).

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:43 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS

MINNESOTA –4½ over Penn St.

What happened to the Golden Gophers? Here’s a team that opened the season by winning 10 of 11 games and even beat Purdue by three on Jan 13 before winning three more conference games in a row. UM then hit a wall. Since beating Northwestern on Jan 26 by 11, the Gophers have dropped eight of their last nine games and will now have to win the Big-10 tournament in order to receive an automatic bid. That’s very unlikely to happen but its current funk has caused the Gophers to be undervalued here. What we know for sure is that Williams arena is so tough to win at for the opposition and the Nittany Lions really don’t scare or intimidate anyone. This is also a complete mismatch in terms of rebounding, as Penn St ranks 315th in the land in that all-important category while the Gophers rank 29th. Penn St is coming off a blowout loss against OSU and overachieved all season long before it caught up to them. The Gophers actually do everything better than the Lions and it’s rather mind boggling trying to figure out why UM has lost as many as they have. The Gophers played at Penn St on Feb 17th and lost by three and now the venue switches in Minnesota’s favor. The Gophers will play this game pressure free. They open the Big-10 tourney against Northwestern next week regardless of the outcome of this one. It’s senior day and it’s goodbye to one of the most popular Gophers of all time, Blake Hoffarber. One has to figure the Gophers to be much more amped up here in order to not only end a funk but to send Hoffbarber off with a win. Underachieving and far superior Gophers get the call in a very beatable line. Play: Minnesota –4½ (Risking 2.1 units to win 2).

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:44 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nick "BookieKiller" Parsons

San Antonio -2.5

For a number of different reasons I believe the value in this contest is on the San Antonio Spurs:

The Lakers are 30-32-1 ATS this year; on Friday they beat Charlotte 92-84, unable to cover as 12.5-point favorites; that was this teams sixth win in a row.

Note that the Lakers are 14-17 ATS this season vs. good offensive teams that score 99-plus points per contest.

On the other side of the court: The Spurs are 36-24-2 ATS this year; on Friday they annihilated the Heat 125-95 as 2.5-point favorites; San Antonio has won five of its last six including two in a row.

Note that the Spurs are 18-12 ATS this year vs. good offensive teams that score 99-plus points per contest.

Bottom line: Tony Parker returned to the lineup vs. the Heat and scored 15 points after disregarding his doctors recommendation not to play; "I disagreed," Parker said. "I was telling my doctor, I don't need a week."

That victory moved the Spurs home record to 29-2 on the year.

LA has been playing much better of late, but has scored fewer than 90-points in each of its losses to the Spurs this season.

The Lakers face a daunting four game stretch over the next week which includes stops in Atlanta, Miami and Dallas.

The Spurs are playing like a team possessed right now and I look for them to match the all round intensity they displayed on Friday night; consider a second look at the home side today.

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:45 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVID CHAN

Nashville Predators @ Calgary Flames
PICK: Calgary Flames

I bet value where I see it and believe the Flames will torch the Predators tonight!

Pekka Rinne has been on the losing end of his last five starts vs. the Flames; he did however stop 29-shots in Thursday's 3-0 win over league leading Vancouver.

But Rinne has not had a lot of offensive support; Nashville has just two wins in its last seven games (and note that Nashville is 4-7 [-1.9 units] revenging a loss vs. an opponent).

Miikka Kiprusoff will be making his 20th straight start here and be looking to help his team sweep the season series vs. the Preds.

"Kippy" had 37 saves in Calgary's 4-3 win over Columbus on Friday and is 13-2-3 with a 2.01 goals against average since his last day off:

“He gives us a chance to win every night,” said Olli Jokinen. “You can see how focused he is every day. He’s the biggest reason we’ve been winning games.”

Kiprusoff has won 12 of 16 meetings vs. Nashville since 2007, with two shutouts and a 2.09 GAA in that span (note as well that Calgary is 9-4 its last 13 in front of the home town crowd).

All signs point to another CALGARY blowout!

Posted : March 6, 2011 10:59 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Moore

Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio
Pick: San Anotnio -3

The Spurs have beaten (and covered) against the Lakers in both games they have played this season and all signs point to that result again on Sunday. The Lakers have not been great this season against strong teams while the Spurs have made a living beating strong teams as evidenced by their recent spanking of the Heat.

Posted : March 6, 2011 11:00 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JIM FEIST

CELTICS / BUCKS
TAKE: UNDER

A little out of character of late for the defensive minded Celtics who have seen their last four games go OVER the number. The reason because they have faced the Suns and Warriors, both higher scoring teams. The Celtics have allowed over 100 points in three straight games after a string of 16 of 17 where they held their opponent under the century mark. Look for the old, defensive minded Celts to emerge today against a offensively challenged Milwaukee club. The Bucks have scored more than 100 points in just two of their last 16 games. Not surprisingly the Bucks have seen 13 of their last 16 games go UNDER the number. And at home they are just as slow, going 7-22 O/U in their last 29 contests. This is a low total on Sunday, but don't expect to see it go over as the Bucks will be fortunate to even get to the mid 80's. Take the UNDER.

Posted : March 6, 2011 11:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports

VCU vs. George Mason
Play: Under 135

There are some 136's out there but mostly 135. All four games in the CAA went under on Saturday by at least 8 points. The games are played in Richmond, where VCU is located but not at VCU's home facility. VCU has struggled vs. GMU recently, losing 71-51 at home and 75-60 at GMU.

6 of the last 8 meetings have gone under the 135 total set for total. VCU has played unders in 4 of their last 5 games while GMU has played unders in their last 5.

The winner will have to focus on this game and then move on to the Monday final vs. ODU (unless Hofstra can pull an upset).

I wouldn't be shocked to see an over as a reversal of yesterday if VCU can get steals and make some 3's but I like the under today as a small play.

Posted : March 6, 2011 11:14 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

Chicago at MIAMI (-5)

I am 5-1 on my last six free NBA selections. I'm going to go against the grain for my Sunday free selection and lay the points with Miami at home against Chicago.

I do this in full acknowledgement that Chicago is healthy and has won eight of its last 10. Miami is 1-8 versus the NBA's top five teams and has lost three in a row, including a blown 24-point lead to Orlando at home and a 30-point road defeat to San Antonio this past Friday.

These defeats have led to mounting criticism and questioning about Miami's toughness.

Now the Heat have a chance on national television at home to answer their critics. I think LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Co. produce their "A" game. As good as Chicago is, the Bulls won't be able to stay within this number if the Heat produce an "A" game.

The Heat also have a double revenge motive. One of the Bulls' victories against Miami came, though, when James was out with a sprained ankle.

The Heat's manhood has been called into question. The Heat surely will respond to that.

Miami isn't the super team some had envisioned. The Heat lack a strong bench, are weak in the middle and are so desperate at point guard they signed washed-up Mike Bibby. But the Heat aren't nearly as bad as they've shown recently.

Nothing against the Bulls, but the Heat aren't going to overlook this chance at home on the national stage to prove their manhood.

1♦ MIAMI

Michael Cannon

Chicago (+5) at MIAMI

Take the points with the Bulls this afternoon on the road against the Heat.

Chicago has already won the first two meetings with Miami this season and they have the situational advantage to grab the cash today.

The Bulls are on an 8-2 ATS run, while the Heat have lost three straight and four of their last five (0-5 ATS).

What’s more, this marks Miami’s third game in four days.

Take the points as the Bulls stay within the number.

3♦ CHICAGO

Craig Davis

LA Lakers at SAN ANTONIO (-2')

Take the Spurs this afternoon as the small home favorite against the Lakers for your free Sunday winner.

I keep hearing talk that this is the spot where the Lakers are going to make a statement. There’s no denying Los Angeles is playing well right now having won six in a row.

But the Spurs don’t have the best record in the league for nothing.

San Antonio has won and covered the last three meetings with the Lakers and this line is a bit disrespectful if you want my honest opinion. The Heat came here on Friday also listed as a small +2 ½ point dog.

The Spurs whipped them by 30.

Lay the points with San Antonio for another win and cover over the Lakers.

4♦ SAN ANTONIO

Derek Mancini

Golden State at PHILADELPHIA (-7)

Two teams headed in opposite directions, as the 76ers continue their upward climb while the Warriors are tail-spinning right now. Sixers have won 11 of their L15 games, and led by a red-hot Iguodala they're poised to extend that streak today. Meanwhile, the Warriors have lost 5 of their L6 games, and continue to play absolutely no defense whatsoever. It gets even worse on the highway for Golden State, where they allow a ridiculous 107 ppg this season!

But if all of this true, then why did the Warriors dominate the Sixers in their last meeting? That's right, the Warriors won 110-95, but there's a couple differences in this contest. For one, this game is in Philly, and we've already discussed the Warriors defensive futility on the road. But more importantly, the 76ers are playing a lot better basketball since that last meeting (on Dec. 27th). They went from worst record in the East, to battling for a possible 6th spot in the conference today.

Finally, let's not forget the Sixers have been an excellent bet at home this season, going 19-11 ATS. They've done it with defense, allowing just 93 ppg on 44% shooting at home this year, and they'll need every bit of that discpline against the 3-point happy Warriors. Philly learned its lesson well in their last meeting, when Golden State hit 15 of 23 from long range, and I expect they'll be a lot tougher on the perimeter today. Lay it with Philadelphia over Golden State Sunday.

2♦ PHILADELPHIA

Chris Jordan

Phoenix at OKLAHOMA CITY (-6)

On the heels of the 5-0 Saturday that included my two complimentary winners on UCLA and Oakland, I'm switching to the NBA and going to play the Oklahoma City Thunder against visiting Phoenix.

It looks to me as if Kevin Durant's ankle injury isn't all that serious, after being listed as doubtful against Atlanta on Friday night, then checking out with 29 points, eight rebounds and five assists in a 111-104 road win.

Back at home, I like Durant and company to feed off that momentum, as he should continue his scoring barrage against the Suns.

Oklahoma City has won three of its last five meetings with Phoenix, and Durant is averaging 32.2 points in those contests.

I know Phoenix comes in having won five of six, but the Thunder have covered five of six as the home chalk, while they've covered 12 of the last 17 meetings with the Suns.

Lay the points with Oklahoma City.

2♦ OKLAHOMA CITY

Sean Michaels

Memphis at DALLAS (-6')

You might recall I delivered complimentary winners on Dallas over Philly on Tuesday, Denver outright at Utah on Thursday and Richmond over Duquesne on Saturday. For Sunday's selection I'll head back to the NBA and back Dallas at home versus Memphis.

Hard not to like the Mavericks considering they've won eight in a row and 18 of 19, a stretch where they're averaging 107.1 points on 49.6 percent shooting from the field. This epic roll includes nine straight winners at home.

Memphis had been on a 15-5 roll before inexplicably losing at home to New Orleans on Friday 98-91. That was a New Orleans team that had lost 13 of its previous 17 games, including eight of 10 on the road.

Dallas has covered 12 of its last 16 and the Mavericks have added motivation today since the Grizzlies have won two of the season's three encounters, including a 91-90 decision in the year's second game, which snapped a nine-game losing streak on the road in the series. Dirk Nowitzski has averaged just 15.3 points in the first three meetings, but he's on a roll now, averaging 26.4 the past six games for a Dallas squad that's getting 49 points a game from its bench during its 18-1 winning run.

3♦ DALLAS

Posted : March 6, 2011 11:16 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joel Tyson

Wake Forest at BOSTON COLLEGE (-17)

As for your comp play, the season is mercifully close to being over for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons who have absorbed their fair share of blowout losses this year, and another is in the offing this afternoon in Boston College.

Wake comes in at 8-22 for the year, and currently are in the midst of a 9-game slide that has seen them go just 3-5-1 against the spread.

Boston College is making a late run for some Big Dance consideration, as the Eagles have won their last pair on the conference road to improve to 18-11 for the year.

BC has gone 12-4 straight up at home, and while they are only 5-7 against the spread at home this year, they are in a prime revenge spot against the Demon Deacons.

The Eagles have lost the last 3 series meetings to the Demon Deacons both straight up and against the spread.

Triple-revenge in a big way today for BC. Lay it!

2♦ BOSTON COLLEGE

Karl Garrett

Wisconsin at OHIO STATE (-7')

Free play today happens to be Ohio State in revenge against a Wisconsin team that handed them their first loss of the year back on February 12th.

The Buckeyes are on a 3-game win and cover roll, and they face a Badgers team that also sports a winning streak as Bo Ryan's team hits Columbus riding a 4-game winning streak.

Ohio State has won 3 of the last 4 home dates versus Wisconsin, and the Bucks are a perfect 19-0 straight up this season as they seek to close the regular season without a loss.

Yes the impost may seem a little large considering the Badgers win in the first meeting and their 4-game winning streak, but these Big 10 games have a way of loosening up in the closing minutes, and that is when I expect the Buckeyes to do their thing and salt this one away.

Take OSU minus the points at home.

4♦ OHIO STATE

Chuck O'Brien

Wisconsin at OHIO STATE (-7')

For Sunday’s complimentary college basketball selection, take Ohio State as a home favorite against Wisconsin.

Revenge game, obviously, for the Buckeyes, whose first loss of the season came at Wisconsin back on Feb. 12. In that contest, Ohio State had a 15-point lead with less than 14 minutes to play, but then the Badgers’ Jordan Taylor and Josh Gasser caught fire from the three-point line, and Wisconsin rallied for a for a 71-67 win as a two-point home chalk.

The difference in the game turned out to be three-point shooting, as Wisconsin finished 12-for-24 from beyond the arc and Ohio State was just 3-for-9. Despite that discrepancy (and the home-court edge), the Badgers still only won by four points. Now the scene has shifted to Columbus, where the host Buckeyes are 19-0 and average 80 points per game on 49.4 percent shooting, including 40 percent from three-point range while holding the opposition to 56.2 ppg, 40.5 percent overall and 32 percent from beyond the arc.

In its first two Big Ten home games, Ohio State struggled to three-point wins over Minnesota and Penn State. However, since then, the Buckeyes have pounded Iowa (70-48), Purdue (87-64), Michigan (62-53), Michigan State (71-61), Illinois (89-70) and Indiana (82-61). And they followed up the latter two victories with Tuesday’s 82-61 rout of Penn State as a six-point favorite, the team’s third consecutive SU and ATS win.

Yes, Wisconsin has won four in a row, including extending late in Thursday’s 77-67 win at Indiana as a seven-point road favorite. Despite that result, the Badgers are still just 1-4 ATS in their last five road games, including an eight-point loss at Purdue last month.

Ohio State makes a statement in its final regular-season game and finishes what it couldn’t finish in Madison and rolls to a double-digit victory.

3♦ OHIO STATE

Bobby Maxwell

Florida St. (-1) at N.C. STATE

For my comp selection, Florida State beat up N.C. State on Jan. 15 and more of the same will happen today when the Seminoles go to Raleigh and score the easy win and cover.

The Seminoles scored an 84-71 win as 7 ½-point home favorites back on Jan. 15 and they come into this one having won two of three on the road. Florida State lost to North Carolina 72-70 at home on Wednesday, but cashed as 2 ½-point underdogs.

The Wolf Pack have lost three of four overall and are 0-2-1 ATS in the last three. N.C. State is giving up 73.2 points per game over the last five overall and they are letting the opposition shoot 44.7 percent from the floor.

The road team is on a 5-1 ATS streak in this series and Florida State is 3-0-1 ATS in its last four after a straight-up loss. N.C. State is on several ATS skids, including 3-10-1 overall, 2-10 against teams with winning records, 1-7-1 after a non-cover and 3-10-1 in ACC action.

This is going to be a big win and cover for the Seminoles. Play Florida State in this one and look for a big game from Derwin Kitchen.

2♦ FLORIDA STATE

Andy Fanelli

George Mason (-6) vs. VCU at Richmond

Today, another 3♦ winner, this time on George Mason to roll over VCU in the Colonial Conference Tournament. Patriots have won 16 straight games; they've covered 14 of them. One came at VCU last month when they won by 20 points. And they were a one-point underdog in that road game. Good enough reason for me to back them today against a VCU club that barely got by Drexel yesterday, 62-60, after losing its final four regular season conference games.

Forget about revenge for the Rams today. Think blowout for George Mason instead.

3♦ GEORGE MASON

Posted : March 6, 2011 11:18 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hollywood Sports

Arkansas Little Rock at Arkansas State
Prediction: Arkansas Little Rock

Arkansas Little Rock (16-16) entered the Sun Belt Tournament on a three-game losing streak but we argued yesterday that this tournament offers them an opportunity of a relatively clean slate. We were rewarded with a dominant 82-68 win over South Alabama yesterday. The Trojans returned 90% of the minutes from last season's team that finished 8-22 overall so this club has improved greatly by winning seven more games this season. While they finished 7-9 in conference play, we look to the deeper metrics to see that Arkansas-Little Rock had a net Efficiency Margin regarding Points-Per-Possession of an even 0.00 PPP (1.05 PPP on offense and defense) in conference play. That offensive mark of 1.05 PPP was 3rd best in the Sun Belt based primarily on an impressive 42% clip from behind the arc which led the conference. Now the Trojans look to build off this momentum against an Arkansas State team (17-14) that they lost to twice in the regular season -- including in the Red Wolves last game to close their regular season. Arkansas State's 1.04 PPP on offense was not as efficient as Arkansas-Little Rock. And while the Red Wolves' held their opponents to scoring at a 0.99 PPP rate in conference play, this club seems uniquely vulnerable to the Trojans' 3-point shooting since they allowed their Sun Belt opponents to convert 38.2% of their shots from behind the arc (10th in the conference). The Trojans nailed 7 of their 17 (41.7%) 3-pointers last night. Add in the fact that Arkansas State has failed to cover the spread in 4 straight games on a neutral court and you have a very dangerous situation for the Red Wolves. Take the points with Arkansas-Little Rock.

Posted : March 6, 2011 12:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sean Murphy

Indiana State @ Missouri State
PICK: Indiana State +5

Here's an excerpt from my analysis of yesterday's play on Indiana State.

I told myself going into this tournament that I would back Indiana State in the underdog role, and that opportunity presents itself on Saturday as the Sycamores challenge Wichita State.

Indiana State has been a cash cow in MVC play, and we've been along for the ride on more than one occasion. The Sycamores are 36-16 ATS in their last 52 games in-conference, and an impressive 7-2 ATS in their last nine games in the underdog role.

The beat goes on after the Sycamores not only covered the eight-point spread, but won outright over Wichita State in Saturday's MVC Tourney semi-final matchup.

The Indiana State bandwagon was a lot lighter yesterday after the Sycamores failed to deliver the cash as a small favorite against Evansville on Friday night. Keep in mind, ISU had trouble against the Purple Aces during the regular season, dropping both meetings. Their narrow 52-50 win on Friday shouldn't have come as a big surprise.

The Sycamores certainly held their own against Missouri State during the regular season, winning outright as a four-point home underdog before dropping a 73-66 decision on the road, easily covering the 10.5-point spread. ISU actually led that game by five points at halftime.

Missouri State is fortunate to be in this position after narrowly escaping Friday's quarter-final matchup against Southern Illinois. The Bears trailed that game by double-digits late in the second half before rallying to win on a last-second shot. They trailed by five points at halftime yesterday, but came back for a 10-point win over Creighton.

We certainly haven't seen Indiana State play its best basketball in this tournament. The Sycamores shot a miserable 34.8% on Friday and 40% yesterday. They were outrebounded in both contests. Yet here they are, with a shot at the MVC Championship and ticket to the NCAA Tournament that goes along with it.

These two teams were involved in a pair of close games during the regular season, and there's little reason to expect anything different on Sunday. I'll take the points with the Sycamores, who are the very definition of a 'tough out'. Take Indiana State.

Posted : March 6, 2011 12:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Info Plays

3* 76ers -7

Reasons why 76ers will cover:

1) The 76ers have been money against the spread at home this season, going 19-11 and we see no reason why they wont win easily at home against a Warriors team that is just 8-21 on the road this season. The 76ers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.

2) Golden State is just 3-12 ATS after successfully covering the spread in 2 or more consecutive games this season, and are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a S.U. loss.

3)Play against underdogs of 3.5 to 9.5 points - poor foul drawing team - attempting =46% on the season. It's 161-102 over the last 5 seasons.

Posted : March 6, 2011 12:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jorge Gonzalez

Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat
Play: Chicago Bulls

The Chicago Bulls (42-18) are making a run in the Eastern Conference and are starting to look like a contender for the NBA Finals come June. Guard Derrick Rose is having a MVP season for the Bulls. The Bulls have won four of their last five games and eight of their last 10 games and have them in a tie with The Miami Heat (43-19) for the second seed in the conference. The tough defensive-minded attitude that the Bulls have on the court and their desire to crash the boards on a nightly basis have them ready to charge into the playoffs. The Bulls are coming off a 93-89 road win over the Orlando Magic. The Bulls clobbered the Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard on the glass by outrebounding them 50-30. The Heat has lost their last two straight and four of their five games. Miami has struggled against teams with a winning record. In fact, Miami has lost their last four straight games against teams with a winning record. The Bulls have already beat Miami twice this season and have outrebounded the Heat 95-69. The Bulls expect a big effort out of Miami but will be up to the challenge and should dominate in the paint. Take the Bulls plus the points!

Posted : March 6, 2011 12:18 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: