Free Picks: Service Plays for Thursday, June 10,2010

38 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

Free play winner on Tampa Bay last night. For Thursday afternoon, the G-Man will side with the scorching Angels to put another game between themselves and the sagging Athletics.

Los Angeles has now won 7 of their last 8 games with the win over Oakland yesterday, while the A's have been on the shortside in 6 of their past 9 outings.

Starter Ervin Santana has been rolling, winning his last 5 starts while allowing 2 runs or less in 4 of those 5 assignments. His counterpart Trevor Cahill has been steady, but did suffer a May 16th loss to the Halos in Anaheim the last time he faced them.

Santana has gone 3-1 the last 4 times he has started against Oakland, and the Angels are now 6-3 in this year's season series, and 10-2 the last dozen times they have faced the A's in Oakland.

G-Man siding with the Angels to improve upon those numbers.

4♦ LA ANGELS

Posted : June 10, 2010 8:12 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

Mike Leake has been fantastic! On the other hand, San Francisco's Todd Wellemeyer has not only been horrible on the road this season, he generally gets beaten up by Cincinnati.

This is the earliest game on the board, so be sure to get down early, as the Reds are the play in this game, on the Run Line.

Leake has put together a perfect 5-0 record in 2010, while he has 10 quality starts so far this season - tied for third in the majors behind only Ubaldo Jimenez and Adam Wainwright, which isn't too bad of company.

The right-hander comes in after allowing no earned runs and seven hits in seven innings against the Nationals. He has only given up more than three runs in a start once and has gone at least six innings in all 11 outings. He has allowed just two earned runs combined in his last four starts, spanning 26-1/3 innings.

As for Wellemeyer, well, let's just say run support shouldn't be a problem.

The Giants' righty is 0-4 with a 10.62 ERA in five road starts, and is 0-2 with a 3.71 ERA in 11 appearances at Great American Ball Park. Lifetime against the Reds overall he is 2-4 with a 4.53 ERA in 20 appearances (mostly relief), including a disappointing 1-3 with a 5.00 ERA in five starts.

5♦ REDS -1½

Posted : June 10, 2010 8:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nover

I am 22-7-1 on my past 30 free selections after cashing on the Tigers last night against the White Sox. Today I'm going with the under in the Padres-Mets matchup.

Johan Santana doesn't have the wins to show for it, but he has been pitching as well as anybody in baseball.

How good has Santana been? Try just three earned runs in his past five starts. Unfortunately for the Mets, they are 1-4 in those games. I highly doubt if the weak-hitting Padres can score more than two runs off him. The Padres are averaging just three runs in their last seven games.

I'm also expecting a quality performance from Mat Latos. He gave up three runs to the Phillies in five innings during his last start. Previously to that, though, he hadn't allowed more than two earned runs during his past six starts.

Latos is backed by the best bullpen in the National League if not all of baseball. Both Latos and Santana will be helped pitching in spacious Citi Field.

The under has cashed in six of New York's last seven home games. The under is 11-4-1 in San Diego's last 16 road games.

5♦ PADRES/METS UNDER

Posted : June 10, 2010 8:13 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sac Lawson

CHC (-125) vs MIL

When I saw the opening line of -122 last night, I was shocked. Truly shocked. In fact, my first instinct told me that it was a trap, and I was almost certain we'd see a reverse on the line. Didn't happen, in fact, the first move was UP. It went to -125, and then -130, and I already see a -145 at Betus (That site has lost their damn mind being 20 cents over the market like that). My point is, Vegas is adjusting this line as if they actually did fudge up. So I grabbed it, grabbed it at -125, and I'd recommend to you guys that you play it up to -135.

Okay then.. Well gees.. where do we start.. First off... Statistically, the Cubs have the better long relievers, middle relievers, setup, and closer. I know with how the season started in that Cubs pen, many people still think of them as a trash bullpen, but in reality they are #16 in the major league's with a 4.25 ERA. Where as our boys from Wisconsin are 2nd to last with a 6.03 ERA. Bullpen ADV. CUBS (especially with how much work the Brewers pen put in yesterday.. Four guys threw at least one inning).

When it comes to the lineups, I'll go right ahead and just say they're even. Milwaukee has Corey Hart who is leading the NL in homers, and Chicago has Marlon Byrd who is leading the NL in Batting Average (yes, it's true). And statistically.. the Cubs bat 0.248 on the road, Milwaukee: 0.249 at home. It's a wash.

The bulk of this play is in the starters. Dempster is a seasoned veteran, he knows what he's doing out there, and as a whole he's been rock solid this year. He seems to always have a rough first or second inning, but once he finds his groove, it's lights out. He's been very very tough to hit this year.. 0.195 against lefties (Sorry Prince) and 0.235 against righties (Sorry Ryan and Corey). And on top of it, if I had to put one guy from the Cubs rotation up against the Brewers, it'd be Ryan Dempster: He's 9-1 in his last 11 starts with an ERA of right around 2.8 against the Brewers. GOOD STUFF!

On the other side, Bush has pitched well the last two starts. Good for him. But they also just skipped his last start, which, word on the streets is that he's kind of upset that the front office doesn't have much faith in him... Well, today he's facing a team that has been a bugaboo for him lately! He's 1-7 with an ERA of around 7 against the Cubs over the last four years.....

The huge discrepancy in each starters' history against these two teams is simply plenty for me to grab the favorite and run with it. I think the Cubs bats will be energized off of yesterday's slug fest, and I think Bush will find himself pitching around people and throwing guys on base for free... 1 unit on the CUBS!

TOR (+115) vs TAM

It's starting to become apparent that Tampa at home is pretty much a bettors bad habit. I feel like a lot of people think Tampa is simply unbeatable at home. One thing to remember, at best they'll finish 65% on their home field this year. And for what it's worth, I don't think the Rays are flying under the radar at all anymore! I definitely think this price is inflated and I'll tell you why...

Bullpen wise... Yes, TB holds about a 1 run edge in bullpen ERA. And lineup wise, how can you not love that Rays lineup... BUT, the starting pitching matchup 100% does not warrant this kinda line. In fact, the Rays should be a -115 tops.

Wade Davis is on the mound for Tampa, and he's by far the weakest link of that rotation, no one would doubt that. The guy has given up 8 home runs in his last 5 games... That's turrrible. My point is, I don't trust this guy right now, and after seeing David Price yesterday, he'll be a breath of fresh air for the Blue Birds. Expect their bats to come to life against this struggling righty.

On the other side.. Cecil has been rock solid! One bad start all season, and that was against Texas. Aside from that, he's pretty much locked every team down under 3 runs, and he's got a 4-1 road record as a result. I like this young guys stuff, and definitely think he's got the stuff to pitch well at the Trop.

Pretty simple thinking here guys, the bullpen edge for the Rays is simply not enough for me to deny the pitching edge that Toronto has on the road here tonight. I'll take that dog price and run with it! 1 unit Jays!

Posted : June 10, 2010 8:37 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bryan Leonard
FOR THE LARGEST SELECTION OF FREE SERVlCE PLAYS VlSlT THESPREAD.COM
Pittsburgh at Washington
The Pirates haven't fared well after blowing a lead and losing their previous game. In that situation they are just 91-168 since 2004. They also don't fare well off a loss when playing in the last game of a series with a 58-127 record. Pittsburgh has won just 20% of Zach Duke's road starts as of late with a 12-48 road record. In his last two starts overall the veteran lefty has been pounded for 13 earned runs in 11.1 innings of work. His lifetime ERA of 5.11 against Washington also doesn't bode well.
Say what you want about Livan Hernandez but he seems to have found the fountain of youth this season. We keep waiting for the bottom to fall out of his game but it just hasn't happened. With a 2.22 ERA on the season and a 3.21 ERA in his last seven starts he's now making us a believer. In a league wide trend a home favorite of 140 or more is 73-32 when facing a squad that has lost three or more straight games.
With Pittsburgh now 9-21 on the road this season we continue to look to play against the Pirates.
PLAY WASHINGTON

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:04 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman
San Diego @ NY Mets
Play: San Diego +110
San Diego is 9-2 this year when the total is 8 to 8 1/2. San Diego is 18-9 this year when playing against a team with a winning record. San Diego bullpen has a 2.70 ERA overall this year and a 2.92 ERA on the road this season. Jon Garland is 6-3 with a 2.68 ERA in all games this year and 6-3 with a 3.04 ERA in all starts this season. Jon Niese has a 6.08 ERA his last 3 starts. San Diego is 12-6 overall vs NY Mets the past 3 years. Garland is 1-0 with a 2.57 ERA overall vs NY Mets since 1997. We'll recommend a small play on San Diego tonight!

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:05 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

LARRY NESS
Florida Marlins @ Philadelphia Phillies
PICK: Philadelphia Phillies
Roy Halladay and Josh Johnson met back on May 29 in Miami with Halladay throwing MLB's 20th perfect game. The Phillies won that game 1-0, as Johnson went seven innings, allowing one unearned run. Halladay is 8-3 with a 2.03 ERA in 12 starts this year (Phillies are 8-4) and Johnson is 6-2 with a 2.10 ERA in 12 starts for the Marlins. He's 3-1 with an 0.53 ERA over his last five starts (team is 4-1), allowing just two ERs in 34 innings with 30 Ks. However, it should be noted that Johnson is 5-1 with a 1.50 ERA in eight home starts (team is 7-1) but 1-1 with a 3.52 ERA in four road starts (team is 1-3). This figures to be another low-scoring game but I rarely take Johnson on the road and have no interest in going against Halladay. Johnson gets caught on the 'WRONG' side of another well-pitched game, tonight. Take the Phillies and Halladay.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tom Freese
Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays
Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto starter Brett Cecil has allowed 5 runs total in his 4 starts. Cecil is 7-2 in his 9 team starts this year. The Blue Jays are 7-1 in the last 8 road starts made by Cecil. Tampa Bay starter Wade Davis has allowed 16 runs in his last 13.2 innings of work. The Rays are 3-7 their last 10 games after scoring 5 or more runs in their last game and they are 1-4 with Davis at home when the total is 9.0 to 10.5.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:35 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones
Florida Marlins +156
Josh Johnson and the Florida Marlins give a very motivated effort tonight in Philadelphia. The Marlins have lost 4 straight games, three coming by 2 runs or less including Tuesday's painful 8-10 loss to the Phillies. It's also worth noting that the Marlins were on the losing end of Roy Halladay's perfect game a couple weeks back, and they cannot wait to get another shot at him tonight. Starter Josh Johnson was also on the losing end of that perfect game despite allowing just 1 run, which was unearned, in 7 innings of work in a 0-1 loss.
Johnson has been simply remarkable of late, going 3-1 in his last 5 starts. He has allowed a total of 2 earned runs in 34 innings of work for a 0.53 ERA in his last 5 outings. For a starter that has posted these kinds of numbers to be such a big underdog tonight provides us with plenty of value. Plus, the Marlins have won 14 of their last 22 road meetings with the Phillies and they love playing in this ball park. Florida is 12-3 against the money line in road games after having lost 5 or 6 of their last 7 games over the last 2 seasons. The Marlins are 5-0 in their last 5 games as a road underdog of +151 to +200. Florida is 15-5 in Johnson's last 20 starts as an underdog. Roll with the Marlins showing great value Thursday.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:36 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
1 Unit on Chicago Cubs -120
Milwaukee is just 9-17 at home this season, and I expect those struggles to continue this afternoon. Milwaukee has dropped 6 of 8 to Chicago this season, including 4 of 5 at home, and it will have its work cut out for itself against Dempster. The Cubs' right-hander is 13-2 in his career when starting against the Brew Crew with an ERA of 3.18. And while Dempster has had all kinds of success against the Brewers, Bush has had no success against Chicago. In fact, the Brewers are 3-14 in Bush's last 17 starts vs. the Cubs, including 1-6 in his last 7 home starts against them. The Brewers are just 5-17 in Bush's last 22 starts, including 1-9 in his last 10 home starts. The Cubs got their bats going last night and I expect them to keep swinging hot sticks against Bush this afternoon.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:38 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS WAGERS
Houston +1.31 over COLORADO
The Astros continue to play well while the same cannot be said for the Rockies. Colorado has been laboring badly all month and it’s all because of an offense that’s not producing. Todd Helton’s career is winding down and his presence in the line-up has been a huge liability. Helton was given the night off yesterday but he has three hits in his last 10 games and he has one jack and 11 RBI’s on the year and he’s not alone. The Rocks have scored 32 times over its last 10 games and they keep losing. This afternoon they’ll face Roy Oswalt. Oswalt is coming off two rough outings but so what. He has a BPV of 106, (see the bottom of page for explanation of BPV and PQS) he’s a quality pitcher with wicked stuff and his ERA on the road this year is 0.82. Jhoulys Chacin isn't the most efficient pitcher. Over the last four games, he has averaged 99.5 pitches per game and has completed the sixth inning just once. Chacin also has an unsettling home ERA of 6.23 and once again the Rocks have absolutely no advantage here. The Astros are a lot better than they’re getting credit for due to a disastrous start. That has created great value on them and this one is no exception. Play: Houston +1.31 (Risking 2 units).

CINCINNATI –1½ +1.16 over San Francisco
There’s a million and one reasons to steer clear of Todd Wellemeyer (-19 BPV,4-2-4-5-0 PQS). It begins with a 51% flyball rate and at this park that’s big time trouble. Wellemeyer has been horrible on the road with a 10.62 ERA, 2.21 WHIP, and 20 BB in 20 innings. The Giants had a brutal game yesterday against Aaron Harang and previously Harang couldn’t get anyone out. Now they’ll face Mike Leake. Leake has been posting excellent starts in the last 31 days. The 1.60 ERA in that stretch can be attributed to the 89% strand rate but the Giants offense is unreliable and that strand rate could hold up for another game for sure. The best thing about this rookie is that he throws strikes and is almost always ahead in the count. One has to figure the Reds to score plenty here and that makes them very worthy of laying the runs. Play: Cincinnati –1½ +1.16 (Risking 2 units).

MINNESOTA –1½ +1.06 over Kansas City
The Royals can’t wait to get as far away as possible from Target Field, as they’ve lost the first two games of this series by a combined score of 13-5. That was with Zack Greinke and Kyle Davies going, arguably the Royals top two guys. Now KC will send out Bruce Chen and his sweet looking 2.95 ERA and 2-0 record. That’s an illusion that will be corrected very soon. Chen has worked just 18 innings and has started just two games. He has 13 walks in those 18 frames and when you combine that with a 45% fly ball rate and no home runs to date, you can almost be sure that something is going to give real soon. The Twins are 7-1 at home against lefties and Chen is not a good one. He’s been lucky indeed and that’s all there is to it. Scott Baker, like all the Twins pitchers, has been terrific at home with a 4-1 record, a BAA of .259 and an ERA of 3.49. Baker also throws strikes, as his 17 walks and 56 K’s in 73 frames will attest to. In 39 home innings, Baker has issued seven walks. The Royals have dropped five of seven and they’re playing this series like they know they’re going to lose. Ignore Chen’s numbers. He gets exposed here for who he really is. Play: Minnesota –1½ +1.06 (Risking 2 units).

BALTIMORE +2.25 over NY Yankees (1st 5 innings)
The Orioles will turn to a great looking rookie prospect and the kid may fall flat on his face but he might also come up big. If he does well he’ll likely go five or six frames and we’re not leaving anything up to the O’s pen. Jake Arrieta was drafted by Baltimore in the fifth round of the 2007 draft. He was rated the Orioles’ fourth-best prospect before the 2010 season by Baseball America. Arrieta went 6-2 with a 1.85 ERA in 12 appearances with Triple-A Norfolk this season. Batters are hitting only .189 against him, and he has 64 strikeouts and 34 walks in 73 innings. The Yanks resume interleague play tomorrow against the Astros and while playing the Astros is nothing special, interleague play is and the Yanks really don’t need this game at all. They’re destroying the Orioles and may feel that all they have to do is show up here. A.J. Burnett is very often hit and miss and after dominating the O’s twice this year already the O’s might be ready for him. The price is great, the situation is good and perhaps the O’s can do a little early damage and take a lead going into the sixth. Play: Baltimore +2.25 in the first 5 innings (Risking 2 units).

TEXAS –1½ +1.01 over Seattle
The Mariners have lost five of six and the scores in those five losses were 12-2, 7-1, 9-4, 11-1 and 7-1. That’s 46-8 and things sure as hell don’t figure to get better here. Ryan Rowland-Smith (-25 BPV,2-0-0-0-3 PQS) returned from a stint in the bullpen on June 5 vs. LAA, allowing one earned run and recording a PQS-3. Usually a 20/20 ratio is something to brag about, but we’re talking about his K/BB ratio, not his eyesight. Extreme gopheritis (2.0 HR/9) is torching the ERA (6.65) and a trip to Rangers Ballpark has to be an uncomfortable thought for him. Smith is a stiff with an ERA on the road of 8.72 and he, like the whole staff and team is shell-shocked at the moment. Tommy Hunter (109 BPV,4 PQS) makes his second start. In his first start, he induced 17 ground balls, striking out four and walking none. That’s nice but we’re not relying on Hunter. We’re relying on both an inefficient Mariners offense and a pitcher that has one foot in the grave. Play: Texas –1½ +1.01 (Risking 2 units).

Toronto +1.28 over TAMPA BAY
Brett Cecil (93 BPV,0-3-3-5-4 PQS) has won four straight starts, allowing five earned runs and walking just four in those outings. Low hit rate (26%) offsets strand rate (67%), negating any luck factors. Cecil is controlling games with a lack of walks, a low line drive rate (15%), and minimal HRs (0.6 HR/9). He has been impressive on the road this year, limiting batters to a .187 batting average in 33.2 innings. Wade Davis (9 BPV,2-3-0-2-0 PQS) has a nearly synchronized ERA (5.03) to xERA (5.08). Too many walks has been a negative and so has homeruns allowed (1.7 HR/9) including four HRs in the past two starts. Davis is the same at home (5.03 ERA, 1.53 WHIP, .269 BA) as he is on the road (5.04 ERA, 1.52 WHIP, .274 BA) and these Jays have been feasting off of pitchers like Davis all year. Play: Toronto +1.28 (Risking 2 units).

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:40 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

GREG SHAKER
LA Angels/Oakland A's Under 8
All of this is off the top of my head so I am not going to provide any Stats for this play because I am just a lazy SOB sometimes. It is no secret that I have a good handle on MLB Totals and even though I Teeter Tottered on playing LAA here today and do have a strong lean on them, I will put this one up as the Thursday Forum Play. This Venue is most interesting because in most games played here, the wind direction is out to the fences and usually at a good pace. That is the case today and one might expect that we would see a Dinger or two. And Perhaps we will. But we have other factors to believe that we will not see 9 Runs scored here and since I handicap to at least Push, that makes me happy. I am becoming less and less enamered with My MLB Totals Model but in this case it does say that we will see 8 or fewer runs right at the 59.8% level and that is longterm profit if that is the case. Not Only is Santana in very good form but he has been an A's Killer for a very long time. He like other throwers love to throw here. His opponent is also chunking some good stuff and his games have seen UNDER a lot lately because of that. I am not altogether sure because I am a lazy SOB how he has done verses the Angels but I do know that his last effort was a 4-0 Loss at LA. LAA is Red Freaking Hot right now and much of that is because their Bullpen is finally coming together with great stats over their last 13 played. The A's Pen is overrated a bit but here at this Pitcher's Venue they too have great results. Two things that scare me a bit is the fact that this is a Day Contest and these games here at this park are higher scoring. The Other is the fact that LAA is just about punishing every pitcher they face recently. But life is not perfect and sometimes we just have to overlook the negative. I will do that here.

Posted : June 10, 2010 10:42 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dan Bebe

CHC (-125) vs MIL

I will admit, when this line first came out, I was concerned it was too good to be true, but upon closer inspection, this one is a great deal, and we're going to capitalize on it!

Ryan Dempster has long been able to neutralize the Brewers. As you can gather from the data in my blog, Dempster has a career mark of 13-3 against Milwaukee, and a career ERA of just 2.67. He did have a rather poor start at home against Milwaukee earlier this year, but bounced back with 7 innings of 1-run baseball here at Miller Park. I expect more of the same from Dempster, a true competitor, and best of all, a pitcher with a WHIP of 1.1. That number is fantastic against the free-swinging Brewers, who do a lot of their scoring in bunches, and if Dempster is limiting damage, the Cubs are going to have a tremendous opportunity to pick on Dave Bush.

Bush is one of those pitchers that, throughout time, has thrown 7 shutout innings when you least expect it, then follows that up with 3 innings of 9 run baseball. Today, I think he falls somewhere in between. The Cubs have always given Bush trouble, as he's 2-9 with a 5.43 lifetime ERA against Chicago, and Kosuke Fukudome has hit Bush very, very hard. I think the Cubs have just enough offensively to put together a rally or two, and since Miller Park is somewhat hitter friendly, I think one of the Cubbies big bats turns on one and knocks it out.

Neither team has a bullpen to write home about, but I like that we're most likely going to be taking a lead into the late innings, and I like that Dempster is a horse. Dempster goes 7 or 8 innings regularly, and Bush might make 6, if he's on his game. 1-2 more innings of the Brewers pen means another percentage point or two that we'll prevail.

The line is climbing, so grab away, and let's take home a rather public winner with the Cubbies this afternoon!

DET (+115) vs CWS

This is not going to be a popular choice, but I really think the Tigers are in a nice bounceback spot.

I know Chicago scored 15 runs yesterday, but that, to me, was the type of situation where a team breaks out and everything goes right for one day, then they come back in the next one and can't figure out what was working so well the night before. The Tigers used the dregs of their bullpen in that loss, so the best arms are ready to go, and I think too much credit is being given to John Danks right now.

Danks has been struggling quite a bit over his last 2 starts, and you might even extend that to his last 3 starts, despite the numbers not being that hideous 3 starts back. He's averaging under 5 innings per outing in those 3 starts, and he's given up 14 runs in 14.1 innings, on 5 walks, and 23 hits. Something, mechanically, is not quite right with Danks, and he's getting knocked all over the place. He's been able to keep the ball low in the strike zone, to his credit, and only 1 homer has been hit in those 3 starts, but the fact remains that he's not the same pitcher right now that started the year with an ERA in the low 2's.

On the Tigers side, we have the good and the bad. Magglio Ordonez has completely and totally owned Danks throughout his career, and while Ordonez has had some pain in his side, he's expected to get the go-ahead Thursday to pick on Danks. Brennan Boesch is heating back up, and both Carlos Guillen and Gerald Laird have decent numbers against Danks, as well.

The Tigers also have a chance to win a road series, and I think they know this is a great opportunity to do so.

I expect Detroit to make Danks work very hard this afternoon and put up 3 runs in 5-6 innings. I think Scherzer, facing the White Sox for the first time, has a distinct advantage there, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a very confident outing from the youngster. I like the Detroit bullpen to keep things quiet in the late innings, and I like the Tigers to take this one by the final score of 4-2!

Play on Detroit!

Posted : June 10, 2010 12:20 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Nelly

Houston / Colorado Under

Last night's game between the Rockies and Astros just barely stayed 'under' but that was a misleading final as a grand slam was hit in extra-innings. The 'under' has hit in four straight games between these teams and these have been two of the top 'under' teams in baseball. The 'under' is 34-23-3 in Houston games and 35-22-2 in Colorado games. Both teams have strong 'under' numbers in this location as the 'under' is 16-8-2 in Houston road games and 17-10 in Colorado home games. That goes against the perception of Coor's Field as a high-scoring park but the Rockies have been struggling on offense. Colorado is batting just .235 in the last ten games and the 'under' has hit in nine of the last ten contests. The Rockies feature one of the best bullpens in baseball and 22-year old starter Jhoulys Chacin has been very impressive. The 'under' is 5-1-1 in Chacin starts and in six of seven outings he has allowed four or fewer runs. Chacin has allowed just two home runs in 43 innings of work this season and he owns a 2.5:1 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Opposing Chacin will be veteran right-hander Roy Oswalt who continues to pitch well despite expressing his desire to be traded. Oswalt has a terrible 3-8 record but Houston is playing much better of late and Oswalt has 73 strikeouts in 78 innings of work. His ERA is just 3.22 and he has been dominant on the road with a 0.82 ERA and a 0.73 WHIP. The 'under' is 9-2 in Oswalt starts this season including hitting in every road start. The Astros have been the lowest scoring team in baseball scoring 3.3 runs per game and just 2.9 runs per game on the road. Houston's pitching staff has not been the problem as the Astros have held foes in check since recovering from a very poor start to the season. The 'under' is 16-5-1 in the last 22 games Colorado has played as a favorite and both starters should be in a favorable position for this afternoon's game.

Posted : June 10, 2010 1:15 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

VEGAS EXPERTS

Florida Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies

We are recommending a play on the Phillies today behind the arm of Roy Halladay. The last time he faced the Marlins he threw a no-hitter nearly two weeks ago. Halladay has a 2.03 ERA in 12 starts this season and has just a 2.42 ERA in four career starts against the Florida franchise. His counterpart Josh Johnson has lost three straight times facing Philadelphia allowing 10 runs in the three games. The Marlins average just 3.9 runs per game on the road this season. The Phillies are a full run better at home. Hallday has a10-2 TSR when the total is seven or less.

Play on: Philadelphia Phillies

Posted : June 10, 2010 1:21 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: