33 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

1 Unit on Atlanta Braves -122

Braves rolled in Game 1 behind a gem by Hanson, and I like their chances again today with Hudson hurling. Hudson has been brilliant this season, although he hasn't got the best run support. Still, he is the better option when you consider that the Brewers' Bush is carrying a 9.64 home ERA. In fact, the Brewers have dropped Bush's last 7 home starts. Plus, the Brewers haven't proven to be a strong bounce back team when you consider that they are only 1-10 in their last 11 against the money line when revenging a home loss vs. an opponent of 6 runs or more. Bet the Braves.

Posted : May 11, 2010 4:10 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander

1 Unit on Minnesota Twins -1.5 +120

The Twins have owned the White Sox to the tune of 15-3 at home over the last 3 seasons, winning by an average score of 6-4. Minnesota has been getting the job done at the plate this season and I like its chances of scoring some runs against Garcia tonight. He brings in a road ERA of 11.00. The White Sox do have a decent pen, but Minnesota is 25-5 in home games vs. a decent bullpen whose WHIP is 1.350 to 1.450 over the last 3 seasons, beating these teams by an average score of 6.0 to 3.4. So if the Twins are able to knock Garcia out early, there is a good chance they will continue to pour it on. I can't argue with the work Slowey has done this season, going 4-2 with a 3.93 ERA. Look for Slowey to put together a solid outing while the sticks take care of the rest. Take the Twins on the run line.

Posted : May 11, 2010 4:10 pm
(@singledigits)
Eminent Member

David Chan

Tampa Bay Rays @ Los Angeles Angels
PICK: Tampa Bay Rays

Take the Rays and David Price over the Angels and Jered Weaver.

These are two awesome pitchers and I’m not going to be able to separate them with certainty. I can argue that either man has the edge. Price has the lower ERA and better ground-to-fly ratio; Weaver has the better K/BB ratio. Their WHIPs are a hair apart.

What I would say is that, headed into Tuesday, the Rays have played two fewer games and have nevertheless outscored the Angels 178-136. That’s where our edge is here, and near even money, it needs to be seized.

What the hell day is this game being played? Not today with these pitchers.

Posted : May 11, 2010 4:57 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: