34 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jeff Alexander

1 Unit on Dallas Mavericks -5

Dallas has won 7 straight against the Kings, and I expect its domination in this series to continue this evening. Because Dallas nearly lost to lowly Cleveland last game, and because it was lucky to escape with a win over Sacramento in the season's first meeting, it will not be overlooking the Kings tonight. The Kings are just 17-37-2 ATS in their last 56 home games and 4-12 ATS in their last 16 home games vs. a team with a winning road record. The Mavericks are 25-12-1 ATS in their last 38 road games and 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games as a road favorite of 5.0-10.5 points. Take the Mavs.

Posted : February 9, 2011 3:11 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports

Old Dominion vs. William Mary
Play: Over 122

Let's go with over 122 for 1 unit. ODU just played at GMU and lost badly but they are 3-0 OVERS after losing at George Mason. The Patriots rebound well vs. the Monarchs and ODU should get some inside points with Cooper and Hassell while Ben Finney and Kent Bazemore can score vs. the slower Tribe team.

W$M just lost 91-81 at UNCW and they have played 6 overs, 1 under and a push in their last 8 games. Quinn McDowell and Britt have been shooting well and the Tribe can make their 3's. I think we see a game in the mid to upper 120's that goes over. My guess is 67-62 for 129 points.

Posted : February 9, 2011 3:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Covers

Chicago @ Utah
Pick: Chicago +1

Boston, Miami, San Antonio, LA and Dallas have the five best records in the NBA heading into Wednesday. #6 on that list? The Chicago Bulls, a team that has found ways to match wins with the truly elite level teams in the NBA despite suffering a handful of key injuries. Because of those injury woes, the Bulls haven’t been priced at the same level as the five other dominant teams listed above. We’re getting a real bargain with them tonight in a spot where we can expect maximum intensity from the road underdog.

Chicago is coming off back-to-back losses, only the fourth time all year that Tom Thibodeau’s squad has lost twice in a row. In every previous instance, the Bulls have bounced back with a SU victory, beating quality foes each time: Boston, Denver and Houston. Chicago is also coming off two straight subpar defensive games in which they allowed their opponents to break the century mark. They’ve won SU in both previous instances after allowing 100+ twice in a row this year. Thidodeau, after the loss at Portland on Monday: “Every aspect of the defense was missing. This is two games in a row we've put ourselves in a bad position by not guarding.” Clearly, we can expect a stellar defensive effort here.

This will be the first game back in Utah for traded veterans Carlos Boozer, Corey Brewer and Kyle Korver, all three of whom played for the Jazz prior to this year. Korver, talking about the importance of this game for him: “It's definitely one I've had circled for a long while.” Facing a slumping Jazz team that is just 4-9 SU in their last 13 games and 0-4 SU and ATS in their last four games following a win, look for the Bulls to notch the road victory tonight. 2* Take Chicago.

Posted : February 9, 2011 3:13 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Larry Ness

North Carolina @ Duke
Pick: North Carolina +10.5

It’s difficult to find a college basketball rivalry any better than the one between Duke and North Carolina. It took a hiatus somewhat last year, as with Duke on its way to Coach’s K 4th national title, North Carolina endured a an ‘off year’ in which it finished 5-11 in the ACC (only Miami-Fla t 4-12 was worse) and only a deep run in the NIT gave the Tar Heels something to hang their collective hats on coming into this season. However, things are different this year, as tonight’s battle between No. 5 Duke and No. 20 North Carolina is one for first place in the ACC (Duke is 8-1 and North Carolina 7-1). North Carolina opened 7-4 but has gone 10-1 since, including a 5-0 SU and ATS run since that lone loss (78-58 at Ga Tech), including averaging 93.0 PPG during its last three wins. Larry Drew left school and the Tar Heels sure don’t miss him. The guard situation is not filled with a single super talent but it’s deep and more than adequate. The strength of North Carolina is up front with vets like the 7-0 Zeller (14.1-6.9) and the 6-10 Henson (11.1-8.5) being joined by ever-improving 6-8 freshman Barnes (13.3-5.5). Duke seemed headed to another title before losing spectacular freshman PG Irving (17.4-3.8-5.1) in a win over Butler on Dec 4. The Blue Devils are 13-2 SU without him but a modest 8-7 ATS. Smith (21.0-4.8-5.6) has now taken over more of the PG responsibilities, joined by Dawkins (10.0) and Curry (8.2). The 6-8 Singler (18.0-6.2) is one of Coach K’s ‘favorite sons’ but I’m not convinced the Plumlee twins, Mason (7.3-8.9) and Miles (4.8-4.4) plus the 6-11 Kelly (6.40 are up to outplaying the North Carolina trio up front. Duke’s won 32 straight at Cameron so I won’t call for the Tar Heels to win but I am taking the points.

Posted : February 9, 2011 3:14 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: