1 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Jones

Los Angeles Lakers vs. San Antonio Spurs
Pick: L.A. Lakers +2

The Lakers have won 3 of their last 4 meetings with San Antonio. The Spurs are just 17-23 this season when facing a team with a .500 record or better, so the Spurs have mostly been feasting on bottom feeders this season. The Lakers won their last meeting with the Spurs by 12 points at home. San Antonio is just 6-21 ATS revenging a road loss vs opponent over the last 2 seasons. Worse yet for them, the Spurs are 1-9 ATS revenging a road loss vs opponent of 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons. San Antonio is 3-14 ATS versus very good teams - outscoring their opponents by 6+ points/game over the last 2 seasons. The Lakers are on a roll right now, winners of 6 straight games.

This play also falls under a system that is 92-52 (64%) over the last 5 seasons. It tells us to bet against home favorites (SAN ANTONIO) - off an upset win as a road underdog, tired team - playing 8 or more games in 14 days. This is a tired team, and they have no shot at keeping up with the Lakers especially with Tony Parker still out due to injury. Finally, L.A. is 28-13-2 ATS in their last 43 games as a road underdog. Roll with the Lakers.

Posted : March 24, 2010 3:46 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dave Price

1 Unit on Magic/Hawks UNDER 198.5

System Play: Plays Under on any team (ATLANTA) in a game involving two average defensive teams allowing 92-98 ppg, after 42+ games, and after a close loss by 3 points or less, are 52-25 the last 5 seasons. We have only seen an average of 183.6 points scored in this situation. We'll take the Under here tonight.

Posted : March 24, 2010 3:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Info Plays

3* on Houston Rockets +8

Reasons why the Rockets cover:

1.) Houston is 15-5 ATS off a road loss by 10 points or more over the last 2 seasons, winning in these spots by 10.6 PPG. The Rockets have been excellent at bouncing back from bad loss over the last two years and they are catching too many points tonight against the Thunder in our opinion. OKC has faltered recently, starting to feel the pressure of making the postseason. They have losses in 3 of their last 4 games to the Bobcats, Spurs and also to the Pacers by 20 points.

2.) Houston has lost just 1 of their last 11 games by more than 7 points. So even in their losses they have been very competitive and rarely get blown out. Bet the Rockets on the road.

Posted : March 24, 2010 3:47 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Hook

NJN +2 vs SAC

I feel very strongly that the NETS win this game OUTRIGHT. There is little doubt that considering the crazy circumstances facing this Nets team, that they have had THIS game circled for awhile now. New Jersey doesn't want to be given the label of worst team of all time. The best way for them to avoid this feat is to simply win tonight and build some momentum.

I believe this is a class example of 1 team simply wanting IT more. This game is basically going to be treated like a playoff game tonight. New Jersey is going to put everything on the line tonight, and i like their chances. Can the same be said for the visiting Kings? This is the 3rd game in 4 night for Sacramento, and that includes flying clear across the country. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see the Clippers come out flat tonight. If that happens, the Nets will build a nice first half lead and i don't see them giving that up. The Nets have played tough at the beginning of games for awhile now. It's just their lack of ability to finish strong. With the Kings missing their stud PG Tyreke Evans, tonight is as good a night as any to bring a nice 48 minute game.

I like the NETS to win this game outright tonight. When you have 2 bad teams facing off at this point in the season, it's important that you back the team that is likely to play harder. Tonight, in front of their home fans, i expect a nice effort from the Nets. I'm backing the NETS +2 for 1 UNIT tonight!

Posted : March 24, 2010 3:48 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: