25 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

SPORTS ADVISORS

COLLEGE BASKETBALL

LSU (3-0, 2-1 ATS) vs. (13) UConn (3-0, 0-3 ATS)
(at New York)

Two teams looking to remain unbeaten hook up in the Preseason NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden, with UConn still searching for its first spread-cover of the season.

LSU has posted three straight double-digit home victories to start the year, the most recent being a 71-60 rout of Western Kentucky as a 6½-point favorite on Nov. 17. The Tigers have been playing strong defense, allowing just 55.7 points per game on 35.5 percent shooting, but offensively they’re making just 42.2 percent of their shots, including a woeful 19.6 percent from three-point range.

UConn also has been off since Nov. 17, when it advanced to New York courtesy of a 76-67 victory over Hofstra, failing to cash as an 18½-point home favorite. The Huskies actually trailed Hofstra by nine points with nine minutes to play before rallying, and they’ve yet to put away any of their opponents. In fact, all three of UConn’s wins were by near identical scores – 75-66, 77-63 and 76-67 – against soft competition, but it never threatened to cover as a double-digit chalk in any contest. Going back to its 82-73 upset loss to Michigan State as a 4½-point favorite in last year’s Final Four, the Huskies are in an 0-4 ATS rut.

These schools played a home-and-home series in 2006-07, with the host winning both contests and LSU getting the cash both times, covering as a 10½-point underdog in a 67-66 road defeat in 2006 and cashing as a 4½-point favorite in a 66-49 win the following year.

LSU is 4-0-1 ATS in its last five Big East games and 5-2 ATS in its last seven on Wednesday, but the Tigers have failed to cover in eight of their last 10 at neutral sites, and they’ve alternated ATS wins and losses in their last eight games. UConn’s 0-4 ATS drought has all come in non-conference action, but the Huskies are on positive pointspread rolls of 7-3 against the SEC, 4-1 at neutral sites and 5-1 on Wednesday.

The Tigers carry “under” trends of 5-2 overall, 4-1 at neutral sites and 5-0 against Big East teams, but the over is 16-5 in their last 21 on Wednesday. UConn is on a slew of “over” runs, including 4-0 overall (all in non-conference play), 20-6 at neutral sites and 4-1 after a SU win. Finally, when these squads met in 2006 and 2007, both games stayed under the total.

ATS ADVANTAGE: LSU

Arizona State (4-0, 1-2 ATS) vs. (7) Duke (4-0, 2-1 ATS)
(at New York)

The other Preseason NIT semifinal also features a matchup of unbeatens, as Duke returns to its home away from home to take on the surprising Sun Devils in the first-ever meeting between these schools.

Arizona State remained perfect with Friday’s 104-65 rout of San Francisco as a 15½-point home favorite on Friday, making a school-record 18 three-pointers along the way. All four of the Sun Devils’ wins have come at home, including three by double digits, and while they’ve scored 84 points or more in three wins, they’ve held all four opponents to 65 points or less (average of 52.8 ppg). ASU is making 53.6 percent of its shots, including 49.4 percent from beyond the three-point arc, while holding opponents to 34 percent shooting (29.3 percent on three-pointers).

Like Arizona State, the Blue Devils have fattened up on cupcakes to start the season, posting blowout home wins over North Carolina-Greensboro (96-62), Coastal Carolina (74-49), Charlotte (101-59) and Radford (104-67). In addition to outscoring those four opponents by more than 34 ppg (93.8-55.2), Duke is shooting 51.6 percent from the field (45.7 percent from three-point range) and allowing 35.3 percent shooting (31.7 percent from long distance). The Blue Devils have enjoyed halftime lead of at least 20 points in three of their first four games.

Duke has played multiple times a year at Madison Square Garden in recent seasons, winning the last three in a row and 10 of the last 11. However, the Blue Devils are just 7-15-1 ATS in their last 23 Wednesday contests and 1-5 ATS in their last six lined contests following a victory of more than 20 points. Arizona State is 1-4 ATS in its last five after a SU victory.

The over is 5-2 in Duke’s last seven lined contests overall, 6-2 in its last eight non-league games and 7-2 in Arizona State’s last nine neutral-site outings. Conversely, the under is 4-0 in the Blue Devils’ last four against Pac-10 teams, 11-4 in its last 15 at neutral venues, 20-8 in its last 28 on Wednesday and 4-1 in the Sun Devils’ last five on Wednesday.

ATS ADVANTAGE: UNDER

NBA

Miami (8-5, 6-7 ATS) at Orlando (11-3, 9-5 ATS)

The Magic go after their sixth straight victory when they welcome the Heat to Amway Arena in a battle between Southeast Division rivals.

Miami has been off since Sunday, when it edged the Hornets 102-101, ending a three-game losing skid. However, the Heat never came close to covering as a 10-point home favorite, their sixth consecutive ATS setback. Since starting the season 6-1 SU and ATS, Miami is 2-4, with both victories being by a single point. Also, the Heat have surrendered more than 100 points in all five of their losses while surrendering 93 points or fewer in seven of their eight victories.

Orlando went to Toronto on Sunday and dumped the Raptors 104-96 as a 3½-point road favorite, coming two days after an impressive 83-78 upset victory over the Celtics in Boston. The Magic have won five in a row, going 4-1 ATS, including three consecutive spread-covers entering tonight. During the winning streak, Orlando is outscoring opponents by an average of 10 ppg (96-86), holding all five opponents to 96 points or less.

This is the first meeting of the season between these instate rivals, and it’s a series that Orlando has dominated, winning 10 of the last 11 while going 8-2-1 ATS (7-2-1 ATS as a favorite). Going back further, the Magic are on a 10-2-1 ATS roll against Miami, including 5-0-1 ATS in the last six at Amway Arena. Finally, the host is 4-1-1 ATS in the past six.

Miami’s 0-6 ATS slide includes four straight non-covers against Eastern Conference foes, but the Heat have covered in eight of their last 11 on Wednesday. The Magic are on ATS upticks of 4-1 overall, 14-5 versus the Eastern Conference, 7-1 in divisional contests and 4-1 on Wednesday.

For the Heat, the over is on runs of 4-0 overall, 5-1 on Wednesday, 13-5-1 after a SU victory and 23-8-1 after a non-cover, but the under is 11-2 in their last 13 after an outright win. Orlando has topped the total in six of seven at home and six straight on Wednesday. Finally, the over is 5-2-1 in the last eight Heat-Magic matchups.

ATS ADVANTAGE: ORLANDO and OVER

Dallas (10-4, 9-5 ATS) at Houston (8-6, 9-5 ATS)

The Mavericks and Rockets hook up for the second time in two weeks, with Houston welcoming its Southwest Division rivals to the Toyota Center.

Dallas’ five-game winning streak came to a halt in stunning fashion Tuesday night, losing 111-103 as a 13-point favorite. Dirk Nowitzki (28 points, 10 rebounds) posted a double-double, but it wasn’t enough to keep the Mavs from blowing a nine-point lead midway through the fourth quarter. Dallas went 4-1 ATS during its current winning streak, and despite last night’s implosion, they’re still 9-4 ATS since a season-opening upset loss to the Wizards.

Houston has been consistently inconsistent of late, alternating SU wins and losses in its last 11 games in a row, and it comes into this one off Saturday’s 113-106 home victory over the Kings, falling short as an 11-point chalk. Since starting the year on a 5-1 ATS roll, the Rockets have split the cash in their last eight games (1-2 ATS at home).

These teams met back on Nov. 10 in Dallas, and the Mavericks rolled to a 121-103 victory as a 6½-point home favorite. Dallas is 3-1 SU and ATS in the last four meetings and 12-4 SU and ATS in the last 16, with the winner covering the spread in all 16 contests. Additionally, the Mavs have cashed in four of their last five trips to the Toyota Center, and the ‘dog is 6-2 ATS in the last eight meetings.

Dallas is on ATS upticks of 5-2 on the highway, 5-2 against Southwest Division rivals, 15-6 on Wednesday and 5-0 against opponents with a winning record. The Rockets are riding positive ATS runs of 9-4 overall, 6-2 at home and 4-0 on Wednesday.

The under has hit in five of the last six series meetings in Houston. Also, the Rockets are on “under” runs of 8-3 as a favorite, 7-2 as a home favorite, 18-8 on Wednesday and 45-22-1 against Southwest Division foes, while Dallas has stayed low in eight of its last 10 when playing on back-to-back nights. However, nine of the Houston’s last 13 overall have hurdled the total, and the Mavericks are on “over’ stretches of 4-1 as an underdog, 8-2 as a road pup and 4-0 as a road ‘dog of less than five points.

ATS ADVANTAGE: DALLAS

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:27 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

BIG AL

Wyoming at Denver
Prediction: Denver

This is a tough spot for the Cowboys. They opened up their 2009-10 campaign with three games at home (including two vs. cupcakes Peru St and South Dakota St), but now go on the road for the first time. Meanwhile, Denver will be playing its fourth straight home game, and checks in off back-to-back wins over Arkansas Pine Bluff (75-56) and Montana (56-49). Wyoming is also off back-to-back wins, but unfortunately, Denver is a terrific 28-7 ATS at home vs. foes off a straight-up win. Additionally, underdogs of 11 points or less have also been money-burners on the road after playing their three previous games at home. Finally, the Cowboys struggle mightily on the road, themselves, off a win, as they're 32-57 ATS in that situation since 1997. Take the Denver Pioneers.

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:48 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

JIM FEIST

NEW JERSEY NETS / PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS
TAKE: NEW JERSEY NETS

The Nets are slowing the pace down to try and keep things close. The Trailblazers provide a better matchup with the Nets. Last week, the Warriors surprised the Blazers with a three-guard lineup and big games from Monta Ellis (34 points) and Anthony Morrow (23 points). The Nets have that one-two backcourt punch with Devin Harris and Chris Douglas-Roberts. The Nets are not devoid of talent, remember that Harris topped 30 points 12 times last year. We won't call for a win, but they have the backcourt strength to hang within this big number. Play the Nets.

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Drew Gordon

Cleveland at DETROIT +5

11-3 roll L14 Free Plays, including Ball St. outright over W. Michigan Tuesday! For tonight's complimentary play, we're looking at the Cavaliers/Pistons match up.

We're going to keep this analysis simple: I'm always wary of public teams that offer prices that "seem" to good to be true. In other words, every average bettor loves betting Lebron James, and with the Cavs seemingly small road favorites at a very average-looking Pistons team, I see a HUGE majority of the public riding Cleveland... This immediately sends up red flags for me, and it should for you too!

From a match up standpoint, both teams are rock-solid defensively, with the Pistons being especially stingy at home, allowing 84 ppg on 42% shooting! With Cavaliers remaining inconsistent at times (see their loss at Washington), I see little reason to believe this year's Cavs team is just going to waltz into the Palace and blow the doors off the Pistons. In fact, there's some payback to be exacted tonight, as Cleveland has embarassed the Pistons twice in a row at home. Revenge is rare in the NBA, but this is definately one game where its a factor to consider.

Bottom line, the Cavaliers are burning their backers this season (6-8 ATS) and of late (1-3 ATS L4 games), so overestimate them in this spot at your own loss. You can follow the herd to the slaughter house if you want to, but I for one am NOT taking the bait with Cleveland in this match up. Detroit is a much better team when playing at home, and I look for them to bring their "A" game returning to the Palace off an ugly road trip Wednesday.

Take Detroit plus the points over Cleveland in this NBA match up.

1♦ DETROIT

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:50 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dominic Fazzini

Dallas +4 at HOUSTON

I haven't lost many complimentary selections lately, but I was nowhere near close Tuesday as Western Michigan was embarrassed at home by underdog Ball State. Even with that loss, however, I am on a 13-3 run, including wins in 10 of my last 12 free plays.

I'm probably going to surprise some people with today's play, but I like the Mavericks to cover at Houston today despite missing Josh Howard and possibly Shawn Marion, and even after Dallas was defeated 111-103 Tuesday by a Golden State team that used just six players because of injuries. The Warriors just match up well with the Mavs, and have for years. Just one of those things.

Dallas knows it needs a good showing against the Rockets tonight, as this is its second game of four in five nights, and the Mavs have to travel to Indiana and Cleveland this weekend, so they don't want to leave Texas on a two-game slide before facing tough opponents on their home court.

The Mavericks haven't lost two straight games this season, and they are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games against the Rockets. Dallas also is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games overall.

The Rockets have been strong ATS this season, but the Mavs are 4-1 ATS in their last five trips to Houston, and the underdog in the teams' last eight meetings is 6-2 ATS. I think this Dirk Nowitzki is going to put Dallas on his back tonight and help take this game down to the wire. Take the Mavericks to cover the points.

2♦ DALLAS

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Bobby Maxwell

LSU vs UConn -10', at New York City

I'm 14-6 with my last 20 FREE selections and looking to add a winner to that total with my comp play on UConn tonight as the Huskies take on LSU inside Madison Square Garden.

Taking part in the NIT Tip Off are two unbeatens in LSU and UConn, but I’m giving a huge edge to the Huskies tonight and I expect them to be able to easily take care of LSU.

Even though they’ve failed as huge favorites in all three to start the season, UConn still has talent on that roster, especially in Jerome Dyson who had 23 points and four assists in the Huskies’ 76-67 win over Hofstra. And this team, like just about every year, has some bangers that aren’t afraid to go in there and get a rebound. Alex Oriakhi had 14 rebounds and four blocked shots against Hofstra while Kemba Walker had 7 rebounds to go with 16 points and four assists.

LSU has opened its 2010 campaign with three straight wins, but barely edged Western Kentucky a week ago, winning 71-60 as 6 ½-point favorites. The Tigers are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 neutral-site games and 0-4 ATS in the immediate games after a spread-cover.

The Huskies are on ATS runs of 4-1 in neutral site games, 5-1 ATS on Wednesdays and 4-1 as a favorite on a neutral-site court.

These teams split a home-and-home series in 2006-07 with the Huskies winning 67-66 in January 2006. Look to get the offense going tonight with this one as UConn rolls by 20 points.

3♦ UCONN

Posted : November 25, 2009 8:51 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sports Gambling Hotline

Denver -9 at MINNESOTA

We are on an 8-4 comp play run the last 12 days.

NBA blowout upcoming tonight, as Denver will dispose of a Minnesota team that has lost their last 13 games, and have covered only once in their last 9 games.

The Nuggets are fresh off a win and cover over the hapless Nets last night at home, and have done a good job this season at winning their games against the lesser teams of the association.

Denver has won the last 9 series meetings between the teams, and they have covered in 2 of the last 3 series meetings as well.

Look for the Nuggets to hit their Thanksgiving break by handing the Timberwolves loss # 14 in a row.

Play on Denver minus the points.

4♦ DENVER

Posted : November 25, 2009 9:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Karl Garrett

Stanford vs. KENTUCKY - at Cancun

G-Man gave you a comp play winner on Denver last night in the NBA, and tonight I like the Wildcats to put a hurting on the Cardinal in the Cancun Challenge.

Johnny Dawkins' team is now above .500 with last night's plodding 57-52 win over Virginia, but early losses to San Diego, and Oral Roberts tell me this is a team with plenty of issues.

The same cannot be said for Kentucky, as they are laying some inflated prices, but over their last 2 wins, they have covered double-digit imposts.

I will take a chance with Calipari's charges to pull away in this championship game of the Cancun Challenge, and head back to Lexington with a big win and cover over Pac 10 rep Stanford tonight.

G-Man on Kentucky minus the points.

4♦ KENTUCKY

Posted : November 25, 2009 9:49 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tony Weston

It was close, but the Nuggets do just enough to pull out the win and cover last night against the Nets as I deliver another Comp Play winner.

I’m handing you another winner tonight as I’m taking the Suns at home against the visiting Memphis Grizzlies.

This season the Suns have surprised many by jumping to an 11-3 SU start, going 8-6 ATS.

Now they battle a Grizzlies team that’s just 5-9 SU this season and has covered in just 7 of its 14 games. Coming into this game Memphis has gone just 3-4 ATS on the road and has lost by about 10 points per game away from home (114.4-104.7).

The Suns, on the other hand, are 6-3 ATS their last 9 games, including covers in 2 of their last 3 at home. For the season, Phoenix is beating its opponents, on average, by nearly 16 points per game in The Valley of the Sun (117-101.6).

Tonight, installed as about an 11 1/2 point favorite, Phoenix will continue its domination at home as it beats up the visiting Grizz.

3♦ SUNS

Posted : November 25, 2009 9:50 am
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member

These picks are dedicated to Blade who works so faithfully and tirelessly on this forum. ;D

=================================

Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports
359 - 246 run 59 %

Free Play Wed Kent State + 8

==================================

EZWINNER'S FREE SELECTION

Game: Miami Heat @ Orlando Magic

(708) Orlando Magic -7

This is the first meeting of the season between these two
Florida teams, and it’s a series that the Magic have dominated.
Orlando has won ten out of the last eleven meetings between
these two teams and they are 8-2-1 against the spread in
those games. D-Wade has had many big games against the
Magic, but Orlando does a very good job of keeping everyone
else in check. I expect more of the same here as the Magic
pickup the win and the cover.

2009 Free Selections Record 169-143 (54.2%)

===================================

Charlie's Sports Free Pick

NBA FREE PICK. KNICKS+4 @ KINGS. BOTH THE NEW YORK
KNICKS AND THE SACRAMENTO KINGS ARE COMING OFF OF
LOSSES, THE KNICKS LOST TUESDAY NIGHT AT THE LA
LAKERS AND THE KINGS LOST MONDAY NIGHT AT MEMPHIS.
THIS SPORTS HANDICAPPER HAD THE OVER MONDAY NIGHT
WITH THE KINGS WHICH WON EASY AND ARE A 4 POINT
FAVORITE TONIGHT AT HOME, THE REASON WHY IS THAT
ROOKIE POINT GUARD TYREKE EVANS IS QUESTIONABLE
AND LEADING SCORER KEVIN MARTIN HAS BEEN OUT FOR
A WHILE WITH AN INJURED WRIST, KNICKS COVER +4.

==========================================

8)

Posted : November 25, 2009 11:54 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DUNKEL INDEX

Memphis at Phoenix
The Suns look to build on their 9-3-1 ATS record in their last 13 games as a home favorite between 5 and 10 1/2 points. Phoenix is the pick (-10 1/2) according to Dunkel, which has the Suns favored by 14. Dunkel Pick: Phoenix (-10 1/2)

Game 701-702: Toronto at Charlotte
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 117.465; Charlotte 116.627
Dunkel Line & Total: Toronto by 1; 198
Vegas Line & Total: Charlotte by 2 1/2; 194 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (+2 1/2); Over

Game 703-704: LA Clippers at Indiana
Dunkel Ratings: LA Clippers 111.937; Indiana 116.948
Dunkel Line & Total: Indiana by 5; 208
Vegas Line & Total: Indiana by 6; 202
Dunkel Pick: LA Clippers (+6); Over

Game 705-706: Philadelphia at Boston
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 110.066; Boston 120.778
Dunkel Line & Total: Boston by 10 1/2; 182
Vegas Line & Total: Boston by 12 1/2; 187
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (+12 1/2); Under

Game 707-708: Miami at Orlando
Dunkel Ratings: Miami 115.662; Orlando 127.017
Dunkel Line & Total: Orlando by 11 1/2; 186 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Orlando by 9; 193
Dunkel Pick: Orlando (-9); Under

Game 709-710: Cleveland at Detroit
Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland 120.419; Detroit 114.810
Dunkel Line & Total: Cleveland by 5 1/2; 180
Vegas Line & Total: Cleveland by 5; 183 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-5); Under

Game 711-712: Milwaukee at New Orleans
Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee 119.621; New Orleans 119.518
Dunkel Line & Total: Even; 198
Vegas Line & Total: New Orleans by 4; 202
Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (+4); Under

Game 713-714: Denver at Minnesota
Dunkel Ratings: Denver 121.714; Minnesota 109.383
Dunkel Line & Total: Denver by 12 1/2; 209
Vegas Line & Total: Denver by 8 1/2; 202 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Denver (-8 1/2); Over

Game 715-716: Golden State at San Antonio
Dunkel Ratings: Golden State 112.662; San Antonio 125.319
Dunkel Line & Total: San Antonio by 12 1/2; 208
Vegas Line & Total: San Antonio by 15; 214
Dunkel Pick: Golden State (+15); Under

Game 717-718: Dallas at Houston
Dunkel Ratings: Dallas 119.268; Houston 125.450
Dunkel Line & Total: Houston by 6; 206
Vegas Line & Total: Houston by 4; 201
Dunkel Pick: Houston (-4); Over

Game 719-720: Memphis at Phoenix
Dunkel Ratings: Memphis 112.581; Phoenix 126.354
Dunkel Line & Total: Phoenix by 14; 227
Vegas Line & Total: Phoenix by 10 1/2; 222
Dunkel Pick: Phoenix (-10 1/2); Over

Game 721-722: New York at Sacramento
Dunkel Ratings: New York 112.072; Sacramento 118.417
Dunkel Line & Total: Sacramento by 6 1/2; 212
Vegas Line & Total: Sacramento by 4; 217 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Sacramento (-4); Under

Game 723-724: New Jersey at Portland
Dunkel Ratings: New Jersey 110.193; Portland 119.979
Dunkel Line & Total: Portland by 10; 173 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Portland by 13 1/2; 177 1/2
Dunkel Pick: New Jersey (+13 1/2); Under

NCAAB

Kent State at South Florida
The Bulls look to take advantage of a Kent State team that is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games as a road underdog. South Florida is the pick (-8) according to Dunkel, which has the Bulls favored by 10 1/2. Dunkel Pick: South Florida (-8)

Game 725-726: Kent State at South Florida
Dunkel Ratings: Kent State 54.727; South Florida 65.241
Dunkel Line: South Florida by 10 1/2
Vegas Line: South Florida by 8
Dunkel Pick: South Florida (-8)

Game 727-728: AR-Little Rock at Louisiana Tech
Dunkel Ratings: AR-Little Rock 50.915; Louisiana Tech 61.552
Dunkel Line: Louisiana Tech by 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Louisiana Tech by 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Louisiana (-8 1/2)

Game 729-730: Wyoming at Denver
Dunkel Ratings: Wyoming 49.846; Denver 58.293
Dunkel Line: Denver by 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Denver by 4
Dunkel Pick: Denver (-4)

Game 731-732: San Diego State at Pacific
Dunkel Ratings: San Diego State 61.029; Pacific 60.669
Dunkel Line: Even
Vegas Line: San Diego State by 1
Dunkel Pick: Pacific (+1)

Game 733-734: Florida A&M vs. Oral Roberts
Dunkel Ratings: Florida A&M 37.075; Oral Roberts 54.127
Dunkel Line: Oral Roberts by 17
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 735-736: Sam Houston State vs. Rider
Dunkel Ratings: Sam Houston State 53.392; Rider 51.571
Dunkel Line: Sam Houston State by 2

Game 737-738: Cleveland State vs. Virginia
Dunkel Ratings: Cleveland State 57.187; Virginia 63.394
Dunkel Line: Virginia by 6

Game 739-740: Stanford vs. Kentucky
Dunkel Ratings: Stanford 60.261; Kentucky 69.176
Dunkel Line: Kentucky by 9

Game 741-742: Colorado vs. Chaminade
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado 56.482; Chaminade 42.198
Dunkel Line: Colorado by 14 1/2

Game 743-744: Maryland vs. Wisconsin
Dunkel Ratings: Maryland 67.547; Wisconsin 70.535
Dunkel Line: Wisconsin by 3

Game 745-746: Vanderbilt vs. Arizona
Dunkel Ratings: Vanderbilt 66.030; Arizona 66.848
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1

Game 747-748: Cincinnati vs. Gonzaga
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati 63.956; Gonzaga 67.764
Dunkel Line: Gonzaga by 4

Game 749-750: AR-Monticello vs. Binghamton
Dunkel Ratings: AR-Monticello 33.949; Binghamton 45.837
Dunkel Line: Binghamton by 12

Game 751-752: Duquesne at Western Carolina
Dunkel Ratings: Duquesne 60.561; Western Carolina 55.637
Dunkel Line: Duquesne by 5

Game 753-754: TX-San Antonio at Eastern Kentucky
Dunkel Ratings: TX-San Antonio 50.496; Eastern Kentucky 56.554
Dunkel Line: Eastern Kentucky by 6

Game 755-756: Fairleigh Dickinson vs. UC-Irvine
Dunkel Ratings: Fairleigh Dickinson 40.082; UC-Irvine 47.607
Dunkel Line: UC-Irvine by 7 1/2

Game 757-758: Utah Valley State vs. Georgia State
Dunkel Ratings: Utah Valley State 52.421; Georgia State 49.051
Dunkel Line: Utah Valley State by 3 1/2
Vegas Line: Georgia State by 7 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Utah Valley State (+7 1/2)

Game 759-760: Alcorn State at South Alabama
Dunkel Ratings: Alcorn State 27.270; South Alabama 50.872
Dunkel Line: South Alabama by 23 1/2
Vegas Line: South Alabama by 22 1/2
Dunkel Pick: South Alabama (-22 1/2)

Game 761-762: LSU vs. Connecticut
Dunkel Ratings: LSU 65.547; Connecticut 69.542
Dunkel Line: Connecticut by 4
Vegas Line: Connecticut by 8
Dunkel Pick: LSU (+8)

Game 763-764: Arizona State vs. Duke
Dunkel Ratings: Arizona State 71.931; Duke 76.128
Dunkel Line: Duke by 4
Vegas Line: Duke by 9
Dunkel Pick: Arizona State (+9)

Game 765-766: Washington State at Alaska-Anchorage
Dunkel Ratings: Washington State 66.408; Alaska-Anchorage 48.425
Dunkel Line: Washington State by 18
Vegas Line: Washington State by 10
Dunkel Pick: Washington State (-10)

Game 767-768: Oklahoma vs. San Diego
Dunkel Ratings: Oklahoma 67.461; San Diego 59.816
Dunkel Line: Oklahoma by 7 1/2
Vegas Line: Oklahoma by 9
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (+9)

Game 769-770: Tennessee Martin at Arkansas State
Dunkel Ratings: Tennessee Martin 49.783; Arkansas State 50.289
Dunkel Line: Arkansas State by 1
Vegas Line: Arkansas State by 7
Dunkel Pick: Tennessee Martin (+7)

Game 771-772: Montana State at San Francisco
Dunkel Ratings: Montana State 47.469; San Francisco 53.630
Dunkel Line: San Francisco by 6
Vegas Line: San Francisco by 6 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Montana State (+6 1/2)

Game 773-774: Northern Arizona at Santa Clara
Dunkel Ratings: Northern Arizona 46.044; Santa Clara 57.567
Dunkel Line: Santa Clara by 11 1/2
Vegas Line: Santa Clara by 7
Dunkel Pick: Santa Clara (-7)

Game 775-776: Sacred Heart at Penn State
Dunkel Ratings: Sacred Heart 50.058; Penn State 61.747
Dunkel Line: Penn State by 11 1/2

NHL

NY Rangers at Florida
The Panthers look to take advantage of a Rangers team that is 1-5 in its last 6 games as a road favorite between -110 and -150. Florida is the pick (+105) according to Dunkel, which has the Panthers favored by 1/2 a goal. Dunkel Pick: Florida (+105)

Game 51-52: Philadelphia at NY Islanders
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia 10.997; NY Islanders 10.838
Dunkel Line & Total: Philadelphia by 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Philadelphia (-145); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (-145); Under

Game 53-54: Toronto at Tampa Bay
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto 10.429; Tampa Bay 11.945
Dunkel Line & Total: Tampa Bay by 1 1/2; 6 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Tampa Bay (-140); 6
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-140); Over

Game 55-56: Buffalo at Washington
Dunkel Ratings: Buffalo 10.686; Washington 12.184
Dunkel Line & Total: Washington by 1 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Washington (-130); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Washington (-130); Over

Game 57-58: Ottawa at New Jersey
Dunkel Ratings: Ottawa 11.689; New Jersey 12.753
Dunkel Line & Total: New Jersey by 1; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: New Jersey (-140); 5
Dunkel Pick: New Jersey (-140); Under

Game 59-60: Montreal at Pittsburgh
Dunkel Ratings: Montreal 11.724; Pittsburgh 11.565
Dunkel Line & Total: Montreal by 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Pittsburgh (-230); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Montreal (+210); Under

Game 61-62: NY Rangers at Florida
Dunkel Ratings: NY Rangers 11.685; Florida 11.810
Dunkel Line & Total: Florida by 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: NY Rangers (-115); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Florida (+105); Over

Game 63-64: Atlanta at Detroit
Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta 11.531; Detroit 11.730
Dunkel Line & Total: Detroit by 1/2; 6 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Detroit (-165); 6
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-165); Over

Game 65-66: St. Louis at Dallas
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis 12.109; Dallas 11.885
Dunkel Line & Total: St. Louis by 1/2; 5 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Dallas (-150); 5
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (+140); Over

Game 67-68: Boston at Minnesota
Dunkel Ratings: Boston 11.860; Minnesota 12.091
Dunkel Line & Total: Minnesota by 1/2; 4 1/2
Vegas Line & Total: Boston (-135); 5
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+125); Under

Game 69-70: Nashville at Colorado
Dunkel Ratings: Nashville 12.650; Colorado 11.647
Dunkel Line & Total: Nashville by 1; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Colorado (-135); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Nashville (+125); Under

Game 71-72: Phoenix at Calgary
Dunkel Ratings: Phoenix 11.603; Calgary 11.214
Dunkel Line & Total: Phoenix by 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Calgary (-200); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Phoenix (+180); Under

Game 73-74: Los Angeles at Edmonton
Dunkel Ratings: Los Angeles 10.498; Edmonton 12.683
Dunkel Line & Total: Edmonton by 2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: Edmonton (-125); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Edmonton (-125); Under

Game 75-76: Carolina at Anaheim
Dunkel Ratings: Carolina 10.698; Anaheim 11.167
Dunkel Line & Total: Anaheim by 1/2; 6
Vegas Line & Total: Anaheim (-185); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Anaheim (-185); Over

Game 77-78: Chicago at San Jose
Dunkel Ratings: Chicago 12.745; San Jose 12.509
Dunkel Line & Total: Chicago by 1/2; 5
Vegas Line & Total: San Jose (-140); 5 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Chicago (+130); Under

Posted : November 25, 2009 12:09 pm
(@singledigits)
Eminent Member

These picks are dedicated to Blade who works so faithfully and tirelessly on this forum. ;D

=================================

Free Selection from Arthur Ralph Sports
359 - 246 run 59 %

Free Play Wed Kent State + 8

I hope they are better than yesterdays picks or it will be a slap in the face.

==================================

EZWINNER'S FREE SELECTION

Game: Miami Heat @ Orlando Magic

(708) Orlando Magic -7

This is the first meeting of the season between these two
Florida teams, and it’s a series that the Magic have dominated.
Orlando has won ten out of the last eleven meetings between
these two teams and they are 8-2-1 against the spread in
those games. D-Wade has had many big games against the
Magic, but Orlando does a very good job of keeping everyone
else in check. I expect more of the same here as the Magic
pickup the win and the cover.

2009 Free Selections Record 169-143 (54.2%)

===================================

Charlie's Sports Free Pick

NBA FREE PICK. KNICKS+4 @ KINGS. BOTH THE NEW YORK
KNICKS AND THE SACRAMENTO KINGS ARE COMING OFF OF
LOSSES, THE KNICKS LOST TUESDAY NIGHT AT THE LA
LAKERS AND THE KINGS LOST MONDAY NIGHT AT MEMPHIS.
THIS SPORTS HANDICAPPER HAD THE OVER MONDAY NIGHT
WITH THE KINGS WHICH WON EASY AND ARE A 4 POINT
FAVORITE TONIGHT AT HOME, THE REASON WHY IS THAT
ROOKIE POINT GUARD TYREKE EVANS IS QUESTIONABLE
AND LEADING SCORER KEVIN MARTIN HAS BEEN OUT FOR
A WHILE WITH AN INJURED WRIST, KNICKS COVER +4.

==========================================

8)

Posted : November 25, 2009 12:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Randall the Handle

FLORIDA +1.04 over N.Y. Rangers

Based on recent performances the Rangers should not be favored in Florida and that’s all there is to it. Yeah, the Rangers erupted for seven straight goals in its last game against Columbus but that was one of those odd occurrences that sometimes happen in sports. Fact is, they still trailed 2-0 early in that game and they allowed the final two goals as well. The Rangers had been held to two goals or less in eight of its previous 10 games and they have just two wins in its last six and one of those came in OT. This team is not going good at all. Meanwhile, the Panthers have won eight of 12. They have recent wins over Buffalo, Boston, Detroit, and these same Rangers in New York among others. They play tough, they play hard, they play gritty and they’re slowly and quietly moving up the standings. Remember, the Rangers flew out of the gate to a 7-1 start but since then they have one of the NHL’s worst records and they’re favored here because they get a lot more betting support than the Panthers among the betting public. Wrong side favored. Play: Florida +1.04 (Risking 2 units).

NY ISLANDERS +1.24 over Philadelphia

The Flyers will turn to Brian Boucher in goal after Ray Emery was lifted in Colorado in Philly’s last game. Boucher has only started twice this year and this isn’t the greatest spot for a somewhat rusty goalie to pick up his team. The Flyers have dropped three in a row and have been outscored 14-8 over that stretch. This is the final game of a five game trip that has taken them through three time zones in a week, making this game its fifth in seven days. They started out in Los Angeles and subsequently played in San Jose, Phoenix, Colorado and now back close to home for tonight’s game in Long Island. The Flyers are banged up, they have to be exhausted and they’re struggling. The Islanders return home from a grueling seven game trip but they’re a younger team with energy and spirit that loves to play and that comes to play. You might read how the Flyers have owned the Islanders over the years with a 13-3 record over the past 16 and a 20-7-1 record in Long Island. However, every team in the league has owned the Islanders over the past decade or so but this is not the same Islander team that everyone beat up on. Play: NY Islanders +1.24 (Risking 2 units).

Atlanta +1.56 over DETROIT

You simply have to respect the Thrashers 6-2 record away from home and that alone makes them worthy of a serious look here. This is a wickedly good offensive team that rolls out three lines that all can score goals. In fact, the Thrashers are third in the NHL in goals for per game behind only Washington and San Jose and the Red Wings are a team that is suffering defensively. In two less games than Detroit, the Thrashers have scored three more goals. It’s also worth noting that the Thrashers have visited Detroit once in the past six years and this is a team that Detroit will be less fired up for than say a team they rival. On the opposite side of that is the Thrashers, who will be fired up to play in hockey-town USA against a team that everyone gets extra juiced up to play. The Red Wings are banged up and they’ve lost three of its last four. In fact, in all of those three losses they scored just a single goal and its only win over that stretch came in Montreal in OT. Great tag here on a very live road pooch. Play: Atlanta +1.56 (Risking 2 units).

Ottawa +1.26 over NEW JERSEY

It’s pretty hard to ignore a tag on the Sens these days, as this team is feeling it right now. Ottawa has reeled off four straight with wins over Toronto, Pitt, Buffalo and Washington. They’ve scored 15 times over its last three games and that includes five against the Sabres and six against the Pens. The Devils have one of the best records in the NHL thanks to a 9-2 road record but at home they’re just 5-4. Furthermore, they’re probably overvalued because of its great record but looking at this team on paper, one could surmise that they’ve overachieved. They have a slew of significant injuries and based on the total of just five goals it would be very logical to assume this one will be very close indeed. Ottawa has just as good a shot to win and maybe even a better shot than the host and thus, the tag seals the deal. Play: Ottawa +1.26 (Risking 2 units).

PITTSBURGH –1½ +1.25 over Montreal

The Habs have won three of its last four and over that stretch they’ve picked up seven of a possible eight points. Despite that, the oddsmakers have made the Pens a whopping –2.26 to win this game. You see, I’m not the only one that knows these Habs are imposters. They’ve had a horseshoe up their rear ends all year and they’ve gotten some tremendous goaltending from Carey Price along the way. This is a team that can’t score, can’t defend and that gets badly outplayed almost every time out. In a recent game in Nashville, the Habs were outshot 55-20. Against Phoenix they mustered another 20 shots on net. In that OT loss to Detroit they were outshot 34-18. In that 3-2 win in Washington they were outshot 34-22. The Canadiens have 22 shots or less in five of its last seven games and they’re just not going to keep winning averaging about seven shots on net a period. In that 5-3 win over Columbus in its last game, the Habs caught Columbus running on fumes, as the Jackets were playing its third road game in four nights and its fourth road game in six nights, yet the Habs were outshot by them as well, 36-29. Now the Canadiens will travel to Pittsburgh to play the tail end of back-to-back games after a very unlikely run. The Penguins should have no difficulty whatsoever exposing these imposters. The line says so. Play: Pittsburgh –1½ +1.25 (Risking 2 units).

Posted : November 25, 2009 1:16 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rocketman

Philadelphia Flyers vs. New York Islanders
Play: Philadelphia Flyers

Philadelphia is 13-1 SU and ATS overall vs NY Islanders last 3 years. Philadelphia is 6-1 SU and ATS at NY Islanders last 3 years. Flyers are 4-0 in their last 4 vs. a team with a losing record. Flyers are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference. Islanders are 11-23 in their last 34 games as an underdog of +110 to +150. Islanders are 25-57 in their last 82 overall. Islanders are 29-68 in their last 97 vs. Eastern Conference. Islanders are 15-38 in their last 53 vs. Atlantic. Islanders are 21-54 in their last 75 games as an underdog. Islanders are 3-8 in their last 11 games as a home underdog. Islanders are 13-38 in their last 51 vs. a team with a winning record. Islanders are 2-7 in their last 9 Wednesday games. Islanders are 1-4 in their last 5 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days. Islanders are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win. Flyers are 13-3 in the last 16 meetings. Flyers are 20-7-1 in the last 28 meetings in New York. We'll recommend a small play on Philadelphia tonight!

Posted : November 25, 2009 1:17 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Rob Vinciletti

Denver Nuggets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Play: Over 202.5

What we want to do in this game is play the over when we have road favrites like Denver with no rest and favored by 5 or more points if they are coming off a home game as a favorite of -10 or more and they scored 100 or more, and are now taking on an opponent who played on the road in their last game,like Minnesota. When the posted total is 190 or more in these games,the over has cashed 17 of 21 times since 1995. Denver is unrested here and may not play as hard on the defensive end tonight. This plays into a Timberwolves team that needs to pick it up on the offensive end as they have struggled with their shooting of late. Look for this game to be an up and down game with good flow.

Posted : November 25, 2009 1:18 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: